Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disability horror stories on public transport 17:14 - Mar 14 with 978 viewsMullet

Just discovered this long read from a couple of weeks ago. It's thoroughly depressing and I suspect news to most people that a lot of this still goes on so frequently.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/fionarutherford/disabled-people-say-they-are-being-left

Pretty disgusting that companies are seemingly hamstrung by people scared of policy over common sense.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Disability horror stories on public transport on 17:26 - Mar 14 with 928 viewsgiant_stow

Must admit, until my dad went into a wheelchair, I never gave accessibility any thought. Once it's in your face though, you start to realise just how hard it is for a disabled bod to get around, particularly if they're on their own. Long way to go before things are as they should be.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Disability horror stories on public transport on 17:28 - Mar 14 with 917 viewsLord_Lucan

I feel their pain.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Disability horror stories on public transport on 18:09 - Mar 14 with 862 viewsMullet

Disability horror stories on public transport on 17:26 - Mar 14 by giant_stow

Must admit, until my dad went into a wheelchair, I never gave accessibility any thought. Once it's in your face though, you start to realise just how hard it is for a disabled bod to get around, particularly if they're on their own. Long way to go before things are as they should be.

I've had reasonable experience with disabilities of very different sorts, but I think the fact you accept things and are made to feel bad about any time you expect more is the most soul-crushing aspect.

God knows how many poor bastards struggle on in silent around the country every year.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Disability horror stories on public transport on 19:29 - Mar 14 with 791 viewsgiant_stow

Disability horror stories on public transport on 18:09 - Mar 14 by Mullet

I've had reasonable experience with disabilities of very different sorts, but I think the fact you accept things and are made to feel bad about any time you expect more is the most soul-crushing aspect.

God knows how many poor bastards struggle on in silent around the country every year.

Absolutely. The other thing that happens is when a place calls itself accessible, but in reality, it's only accessible for some disabled bods - if you have a wider or heavier chair, you're often screwed.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Disability horror stories on public transport on 19:42 - Mar 14 with 755 viewshammo56

Waited at Stansted airport with my daughter for nearly an hour once for special assistance to turn up for her to get off the aircraft.
They had to start boarding passengers on for the next flight whilst she was still on board the plane. The pilot actually made an announcement telling the passengers why their flight was late in leaving.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024