Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I really don't know what to think... 10:35 - Mar 17 with 1488 viewshoppy

As I've often posted previously. I decided last summer to take up a season ticket again, having made it to 22 games the season before, I thought, OK, I will miss a few games because of seeing my son every other Saturday, but the games I go to, we usually go as a family, so I went ahead and got one rather than doing as I had previously when I paid per game for the ones I could make.

This season, I have missed 3 home games due to being with my son, as I shifted it by a week when the fixtures came out, as I would've otherwise missed I think it was 9 games, so it has worked out beneficial for me to have a season ticket. The kids tickets for £10 enabled us to take Yasmin and a friend's son regularly, and admittedly we did have one extra so that the weekends when the youngest son is at home we could upgrade to an under 16 ticket, but know that we had seats all together. This wasn't 'exploiting' the system to my mind, but we did it just for practicality with a complicated situation making sure that we could all sit together when we go as a family.

If we renewed blindly in the same way, it would cost us an extra £120 plus the adult increases over and above what we have paid this season. With this loyalty scheme, I know we would get some of that credited back towards next season's ticket (the premise that this season's tickets could work out as little as £4 is slightly inaccurate, given that the cost doesn't change, but people could choose to spend some in the club shop or save it towards next season with these credits, so it is more next season's tickets that 'could' work out cheaper).

How much we would get back in this way is difficult to know. We do often take Yasmin to evening games, but not to all of them, so immediately that will reduce the amount we would get back. We never take the friend's son to evening games, and whereas we were happy to pay £10 for his season ticket, to commit £50 to take him means we can't really carry that on. With the youngest being away at school during the week, again, wouldn't make evening games, and some weekends he's in Leicester, so wouldn't make enough games to warrant paying out the £50 for the 'spare' ticket as well as the upgrade per game, so we'll have to just pay on a per game basis for the ones he comes to and hope we can have a seat near our season ticket seats for him - not ideal, not knowing they'd be all together.

As we pay by direct debit, we possibly wouldn't notice the increases too much in reality spread across the year, but it's just the knowledge that they've gone up despite the entertainment side of things being poor, and the fact we won't be able to easily attend as a family and bring another friend's son with us as we have done, with the changes that have been made, that is the sad thing. The claim that they have been done to encourage the younger fans to come to Portman Road does leave a little bit of a sour taste in the mouth, when it has actually meant that we're not so easily able to do that.

I will renew if we both do, but I don't know if KJ will - she was wavering a bit before this announcement and not discussed since, but if she doesn't, I'd have to decide if I was going to, and committing to taking Yasmin to the games as well on my own, given I'm not here every other week.

Certainly something we're going to have to think about before committing to renewing, but seems a shame to have to do so, when there could've been decent incentives made to not even have to think about it.

(apologies for long post, but just feeling a little bit disappointed this morning.)

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

I really don't know what to think... on 13:41 - Mar 17 with 1364 viewsitfcjoe

Good post Hoppy.

The worst thing is that you know nothing will change now, like big PR f*ck ups in the past (Academy opt-out) club just buries head in sand until it goes awayu

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I really don't know what to think... on 13:49 - Mar 17 with 1319 viewsBenters

I really don't know what to think... on 13:41 - Mar 17 by itfcjoe

Good post Hoppy.

The worst thing is that you know nothing will change now, like big PR f*ck ups in the past (Academy opt-out) club just buries head in sand until it goes awayu

Where is our glorious leader Liz ? I wonder what she thinks of it all .

I wonder if she will come out with the classic 'it could be worse,we could be Bristol C,Wigan or Rotherham ... Oh and the Barca shirt is a classic design ... that sort of thing ?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

I really don't know what to think... on 13:51 - Mar 17 with 1303 viewsSwansea_Blue

It will be hard to enter your credit card details if you renew blindly

You've got a complicated situation. We're in the same boat down here with my Swans ST - we haven't gone for STs for the 2 kids for the reasons you mention. Plus the added factor of there's a waiting list, but I haven't even tried to get on that, again for the reasons you mention. When you've smallish kids who would miss evening games and some weekend games due to other things they do, it's not worth it. Add in that me and my boy would miss some Swans games to make 'doable' away ITFC games and it's a double whammy.

In short, I guess you and the club could both lose. They could needlessly lose 3/4 STs, which they won't replace (it would be fine for them if there was a waiting list). And you may get to miss out knowing that the seats are probably still empty.

Frustrating!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I really don't know what to think... on 13:51 - Mar 17 with 1301 viewshoppy

Good post Hoppy.

Cheers. I ought to add, that our seats aren't in the family area - we're in the SAR lower, where there isn't quite the demand for seats as there probably is in the designated family areas.

We moved across to the Co-op middle tier when Yasmin was still under 5 (costing me more than the lower tier match by match prices when I didn't have a season ticket but didn't have a choice other than not go, or sit separately from KJ and the kids), but been back in the SAR this season with her now being allowed.

I really don't know what to think... on 13:52 - Mar 17 with 1284 viewshype313

Christ, no gags?

Things have really taken a turn for the worse.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I really don't know what to think... on 13:53 - Mar 17 with 1262 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

It genuinely feels like this increase is going to affect a lot of people, it might not be the biggest increase in the world but as you have hit the nail on the head, it affects a lot of people in a lot of different ways.

The club really cant get anything right at present, I genuinely don't know what the answer is though to get some sense into them. Communication between the club and the fans seems at an all time low and the sad thing is that they don't even seem to care, I wonder if they will when they are playing in front of an empty Portman Road.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2017 13:54]

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

I really don't know what to think... on 13:54 - Mar 17 with 1240 viewsPinewoodblue

Good post Hoppy.

Evan's problem is surround yourself with yes men and there is no one to point out the bleeding obvious.

As an aside I wondered what the Independent Supporters Trust stance was but as far as I can see they haven't had an opinion on anything since May 2015. If the trust had any purpose it is to be a conduit for fans misgivings. Cannot see that Liz Edwards has said anything either, and she supposedly represents all season ticket holders.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I really don't know what to think... on 14:00 - Mar 17 with 1213 viewshoppy

I really don't know what to think... on 13:52 - Mar 17 by hype313

Christ, no gags?

Things have really taken a turn for the worse.

Oh bügger, did I forget to slip a pun in somewhere?

Now I feel even more disappointed.

Login to get fewer ads

I really don't know what to think... on 14:10 - Mar 17 with 1165 viewsRyorry

I really don't know what to think... on 13:53 - Mar 17 by NeverTellMeTheOdds

It genuinely feels like this increase is going to affect a lot of people, it might not be the biggest increase in the world but as you have hit the nail on the head, it affects a lot of people in a lot of different ways.

The club really cant get anything right at present, I genuinely don't know what the answer is though to get some sense into them. Communication between the club and the fans seems at an all time low and the sad thing is that they don't even seem to care, I wonder if they will when they are playing in front of an empty Portman Road.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2017 13:54]

Those in charge of the club now have lost sight of one huge factor - which even if they only bothered to look at it from the money-grabbing point of view, is losing them shedloads.

When I was at college in Ippy 72-74 with no previous interest in footy, nor any previous family interest either, I became interested a) because other students were, & friends asked me along to games b) the football was entertaining and c) *above all* - it really was a "family friendly" club, there was a kind of 'reach out to the community' approach from the club, great communication and an excellent bond between Club and the town of Ipswich.

All gone now :(

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I really don't know what to think... on 14:15 - Mar 17 with 1127 viewsSwansea_Blue

I really don't know what to think... on 14:10 - Mar 17 by Ryorry

Those in charge of the club now have lost sight of one huge factor - which even if they only bothered to look at it from the money-grabbing point of view, is losing them shedloads.

When I was at college in Ippy 72-74 with no previous interest in footy, nor any previous family interest either, I became interested a) because other students were, & friends asked me along to games b) the football was entertaining and c) *above all* - it really was a "family friendly" club, there was a kind of 'reach out to the community' approach from the club, great communication and an excellent bond between Club and the town of Ipswich.

All gone now :(

Admit it, the real reason you went was the short, tight shorts

Yes, agreed. Used to feel like a genuine community club.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I really don't know what to think... on 14:17 - Mar 17 with 1114 viewsNumber_Nine

I really don't know what to think... on 14:00 - Mar 17 by hoppy

Oh bügger, did I forget to slip a pun in somewhere?

Now I feel even more disappointed.

They were expecting an innuendo, but you couldn't give them one.

Sad days indeed.

2∞&→ Science gives me a hadron
Poll: Best Pink Floyd File

I really don't know what to think... on 14:28 - Mar 17 with 1056 viewslinhdi

I really don't know what to think... on 13:54 - Mar 17 by Pinewoodblue

Evan's problem is surround yourself with yes men and there is no one to point out the bleeding obvious.

As an aside I wondered what the Independent Supporters Trust stance was but as far as I can see they haven't had an opinion on anything since May 2015. If the trust had any purpose it is to be a conduit for fans misgivings. Cannot see that Liz Edwards has said anything either, and she supposedly represents all season ticket holders.

She does not represent all season ticket holders - that's impossible! But any feedback received from any fan is passed straight through to whoever the best person is at the club for response - presumably Milne in this case. And she would certainly encourage people to contact ITFC directly if (!) they feel strongly.

So, get writing!
I really don't know what to think... on 14:40 - Mar 17 with 1018 viewsFrimleyBlue

The real issue is that people have been questioning about renewing all season and some had made their minds up, some hadn't.

This, although the increases aren't huge, have impacted people and this could very similar to the Brexit vote, sway the renewers the way we don't them to go.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

I really don't know what to think... on 14:42 - Mar 17 with 1000 viewsRyorry

I really don't know what to think... on 14:28 - Mar 17 by linhdi

She does not represent all season ticket holders - that's impossible! But any feedback received from any fan is passed straight through to whoever the best person is at the club for response - presumably Milne in this case. And she would certainly encourage people to contact ITFC directly if (!) they feel strongly.

So, get writing!

Surely if they/she had an ounce of nous, they'd be reading this forum. You don't even have to be a signed up member to just read only.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I really don't know what to think... on 14:59 - Mar 17 with 951 viewsPinewoodblue

I really don't know what to think... on 14:28 - Mar 17 by linhdi

So, get writing!

Season ticket holders are automatically members of the supporters. lub so yes she does represent all season ticket holders.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I really don't know what to think... on 16:11 - Mar 17 with 884 viewsfactual_blue

If it helps you decide, I'm not going any more.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I really don't know what to think... on 16:19 - Mar 17 with 852 viewshoppy

I really don't know what to think... on 16:11 - Mar 17 by factual_blue

If it helps you decide, I'm not going any more.

I can only imagine how it would've been if they'd alienated the 60-64 year olds back in Sir Alf Ramsey's day. They've been lucky to keep you this long, really.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024