Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My worry is the proper fans we are gonna lose 20:17 - Mar 17 with 3089 viewstextbackup

I'm seeing blokes That i call my football mates on here saying they aren't renewing, these aren't Johnny come lately's or tits that come up with any excuse not to go... this is battle hardened fans that have been pushed too far.
It's not the price that's putting them off, it's the consistent piss taking from a piece of sht owner that we have.

We need to do something, we can't just sit and watch this carry on.

(Oldbluestu, you're on ignore, don't bother replying)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

My worry is the proper fans we are gonna lose on 20:29 - Mar 17 with 2235 viewswitchdoctor

I used to stand with R and his mates last season.....about 8 of them in total....and as you know like me none of them renewed for this season...it was the crap football that determined our decision...can see that being replicated in droves next season....what planet do those that call the shots at our club live on ffs ?
My worry is the proper fans we are gonna lose on 20:29 - Mar 17 with 2225 viewsElderGrizzly

I'm not one of your football mates, because we've never met!, but i'm not renewing and it's nothing to do with the price.

20+ years as a ST holder, but work and the lack of appetite for anymore of this style/approach by Mick and Marcus has made it an easier decision to make.

I'll pick and choose for now and see how next season goes
[Post edited 17 Mar 2017 20:30]
My worry is the proper fans we are gonna lose on 20:31 - Mar 17 with 2186 viewstextbackup

My worry is the proper fans we are gonna lose on 20:29 - Mar 17 by witchdoctor

I used to stand with R and his mates last season.....about 8 of them in total....and as you know like me none of them renewed for this season...it was the crap football that determined our decision...can see that being replicated in droves next season....what planet do those that call the shots at our club live on ffs ?

God knows mate. There's an ITFC Facebook page, with older lads etc posting, old skool of the old skool, they've given up also. These are the blokes I looked up to when younger... fcking painful to watch this happe ing

My worry is the proper fans we are gonna lose on 20:31 - Mar 17 with 2170 viewsfactual_blue

My worry is the proper fans we are gonna lose on 20:29 - Mar 17 by ElderGrizzly

I'm not one of your football mates, because we've never met!, but i'm not renewing and it's nothing to do with the price.

20+ years as a ST holder, but work and the lack of appetite for anymore of this style/approach by Mick and Marcus has made it an easier decision to make.

I will never go again under the present regime.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

My worry is the proper fans we are gonna lose on 20:33 - Mar 17 with 2147 viewstextbackup

Cyber football mate... same thing as a face to face mate these days :)

My worry is the proper fans we are gonna lose on 20:35 - Mar 17 with 2141 viewsgtsb1966

Once you lose people you never get them all back even when there is an upturn in fortunes. I still think raising the age from 60 to 65 for a senior ticket is a massive mistake. It's probably the biggest mistake of them all.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2017 22:48]
My worry is the proper fans we are gonna lose on 20:36 - Mar 17 with 2116 views3_5_2

I did this EG.

But it has turned into not wanting to go at all

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

My worry is the proper fans we are gonna lose on 20:38 - Mar 17 with 2091 viewsElderGrizzly

My worry is the proper fans we are gonna lose on 20:36 - Mar 17 by 3_5_2

I did this EG.

But it has turned into not wanting to go at all

If Mick & this style remains, I may join you in that boat
Login to get fewer ads

My worry is the proper fans we are gonna lose on 20:41 - Mar 17 with 2060 viewstextbackup

My worry is the proper fans we are gonna lose on 20:35 - Mar 17 by gtsb1966

Once you lose people you never get them all back even when there is an upturn in fortunes. I still think raising the age from 60 to 65 for a senior ticket is a massive mistake. It's probably the biggest mistake of them all.

Commented on this this morning, I'm disgusted the club has treat our longest serving fans this way

And worse of all ME will have seen the age group he could hit for all they had... he's a piece of sht.

My worry is the proper fans we are gonna lose on 20:41 - Mar 17 with 2045 viewsJ2BLUE

As a tit who comes up with any excuse not to go I have to agree.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

My worry is the proper fans we are gonna lose on 20:42 - Mar 17 with 2042 viewsGuthrum

Not just for the older supporters themselves. As we've seen on here today, they have children and grandchildren equally angered on their behalf.

Same with the cheap children's tickets and parents.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

My worry is the proper fans we are gonna lose on 20:47 - Mar 17 with 2001 viewsgtsb1966

My worry is the proper fans we are gonna lose on 20:42 - Mar 17 by Guthrum

Not just for the older supporters themselves. As we've seen on here today, they have children and grandchildren equally angered on their behalf.

Same with the cheap children's tickets and parents.

Sorry, i meant that too as someone mentioned this morning that as they wasn't renewing their daughter wasn't too. One bad decision by the club has cost them two season tickets in two different categories and that is just one family.
My worry is the proper fans we are gonna lose on 20:48 - Mar 17 with 1980 viewstextbackup

My worry is the proper fans we are gonna lose on 20:41 - Mar 17 by J2BLUE

As a tit who comes up with any excuse not to go I have to agree.

You work, that's not any old excuse. If you didn't you'd probably be at atleast 50% of games

My worry is the proper fans we are gonna lose on 20:50 - Mar 17 with 1948 viewschristiand

Bottom line is the club don't give a sh*t, so it doesn't really matter. We are in real dire straits, looking forward to all the exciting loans and free transfers we are going to snap up in the summer- it's soooooo exciting!!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

My worry is the proper fans we are gonna lose on 20:53 - Mar 17 with 1910 viewsJ2BLUE

My worry is the proper fans we are gonna lose on 20:50 - Mar 17 by christiand

Bottom line is the club don't give a sh*t, so it doesn't really matter. We are in real dire straits, looking forward to all the exciting loans and free transfers we are going to snap up in the summer- it's soooooo exciting!!!

With no loan window the free agents are low quality. The teams with ambition are taking all the decent free agents. We're left with the likes of Coke and Best.

Evans is an idiot or a liar if he thinks this will work.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

My worry is the proper fans we are gonna lose on 20:55 - Mar 17 with 1882 viewsbrogansnose

Its the ones we've lost this season too. There's stacks of ST holders around me that have either packed it in or come to games infrequently. Despite everything thats happened in the last 15 years our attendances have been amazing all told as has our away support. This is the season the backside dropped out of the club.
My worry is the proper fans we are gonna lose on 21:06 - Mar 17 with 1833 viewsScuzzer

The club has lost all sense. The timing of these changes is completely wrong, coming as they do at the end of a season where we have rarely been entertained and finishing in the lowest position for several decades....even the possibility of relegation exists. Will we want to pay those prices for League One football? What about us oldies? What they should have done is increase the Seniors age by a year every year for the next 5 years. That way nobody would have to suffer falling into the age gap trap. But no, they couldn't wait to have their pound of flesh. I turn 60 this year so for me I will not be renewing for the next 5 years, as a I took early retirement and really cant afford forking out £537 for myself and £50 for my 6 year old grandson to sit and witness the pile of junk that we have had to endure this season. I too, as many have said, will pick and choose the games that I am able to go to. Hopefully the coming season will also have fewer midweek games down at Portman Road....if you have a six year old you simply cant take them....I wouldn't be back home till 11pm....and he has school the next day, so we loose out on the cost per game appropriated in the season ticket. So really this club, that once was our club, has shafted the most important people it associates with. Have been a season ticket holder for 25 years and been a regular at PR since our promotion in 1968 and I have never had the feeling of being mugged off to the extent that I do now before.

Established 1968

My worry is the proper fans we are gonna lose on 22:36 - Mar 17 with 1650 viewsstrikalite

My worry is the proper fans we are gonna lose on 20:55 - Mar 17 by brogansnose

Its the ones we've lost this season too. There's stacks of ST holders around me that have either packed it in or come to games infrequently. Despite everything thats happened in the last 15 years our attendances have been amazing all told as has our away support. This is the season the backside dropped out of the club.

There's a thought....all boycott home games and totally sell out for away games, that would be different, we'd go down but fcuk it something needs to change for Evans to really take notice....

Imagine the publicity...
My worry is the proper fans we are gonna lose on 22:46 - Mar 17 with 1609 viewsgtsb1966

My worry is the proper fans we are gonna lose on 21:06 - Mar 17 by Scuzzer

The club has lost all sense. The timing of these changes is completely wrong, coming as they do at the end of a season where we have rarely been entertained and finishing in the lowest position for several decades....even the possibility of relegation exists. Will we want to pay those prices for League One football? What about us oldies? What they should have done is increase the Seniors age by a year every year for the next 5 years. That way nobody would have to suffer falling into the age gap trap. But no, they couldn't wait to have their pound of flesh. I turn 60 this year so for me I will not be renewing for the next 5 years, as a I took early retirement and really cant afford forking out £537 for myself and £50 for my 6 year old grandson to sit and witness the pile of junk that we have had to endure this season. I too, as many have said, will pick and choose the games that I am able to go to. Hopefully the coming season will also have fewer midweek games down at Portman Road....if you have a six year old you simply cant take them....I wouldn't be back home till 11pm....and he has school the next day, so we loose out on the cost per game appropriated in the season ticket. So really this club, that once was our club, has shafted the most important people it associates with. Have been a season ticket holder for 25 years and been a regular at PR since our promotion in 1968 and I have never had the feeling of being mugged off to the extent that I do now before.

And as if by magic there goes another two.
MEG people, view Scuzzer's post you idiots (n/t) on 22:47 - Mar 17 with 1602 viewsDyland

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

My worry is the proper fans we are gonna lose on 22:48 - Mar 17 with 1592 viewsLord_Lucan

Well said Sir..

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

My worry is the proper fans we are gonna lose on 22:52 - Mar 17 with 1571 viewsbraveblue

Totally agree. Now 60 and after 26 years got concession. Now taken away for pure greed. Evans and Milne are a disgrace.
My worry is the proper fans we are gonna lose on 22:55 - Mar 17 with 1549 viewsemergencylime

It's the widespread apathy that is scary. Even down to the little things...take the chatroom comments, for example. Even last season the Autoscroll would go mad with cries of 'FFS' etc if Town conceded, now half a dozen might type 'typical'. People don't care anymore. The passion has gone AWOL.

My hometown non-league club plays football on the ground, and charged £195 for the 2016/17 season ticket, slightly less for renewals. Such non-league clubs may take note of the seeming implosion of ITFC and see it as an opportunity to offer entertainment - that's been largely lacking at PR - for a more attractive price. It only takes 100-200 football fans to sign up to watch their local non-league club to make a great difference to that club financially, and in return will be entertained and feel part of their community. You're close to the action, there's camaraderie between spectators and players (who work regular jobs when not playing), the bar doesn't run out of beer etc.

I'll admit I live abroad at the moment, and I try and fit in an ITFC game on the 2 or 3 occasions i'm back. The only game i've seen at PR this season was Brighton, to which one fan exclaimed afterwards "please tell me you didn't come all this way to see that s**t". I passed up a non-league match for that tripe. Next time there's a clash i'll opt for the latter unless there's a change at the helm.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2017 22:58]

Poll: Another Tragical Vegas poll. Would you rather?

My worry is the proper fans we are gonna lose on 23:01 - Mar 17 with 1494 viewsDyland

My worry is the proper fans we are gonna lose on 22:52 - Mar 17 by braveblue

Totally agree. Now 60 and after 26 years got concession. Now taken away for pure greed. Evans and Milne are a disgrace.

Greed isn't the right word. It's a business, and one owned by MEG. This is the way of football these days, it is what it is.

The problem is the staggering ineptness of it all. The timing of the OAP concessions, the lack of understanding of family dynamics at footie, the ignoring of dropping attendances, the spreadsheet number crunching, abysmal PR, and heads in the sand general cluelessness.

I can only assume that Evans doesn't personally pay any attention to ITFC at all. It's beyond bizarre a successful businessman would be so eye poppingly silly.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

My worry is the proper fans we are gonna lose on 23:12 - Mar 17 with 1418 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Mugged off is exactly how I feel and I have been going since 1971. Unlike a lot of people on here my gripe is not with the football - supporting a club of our size you will inevitably go through periods of mediocrity. I am not happy about it, but that would not stop me going.

What would stop me going is an owner who has lost any connection with the lifeblood of the Club. We have 4 tickets and at the moment will not be renewing.

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024