Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again 18:26 - Mar 19 with 16303 viewsArcher4721

More fake news and lies.

Peter Stefanovic absolutely spot on here

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 22:33 - Mar 19 with 1701 viewssparks

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 20:42 - Mar 19 by oldbluestu

Trump has been talking about fake news from press & TV for 2 years, he keeps being proved right

Nonsense

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 22:36 - Mar 19 with 1698 viewsBOjK

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 20:20 - Mar 19 by BlueBadger

For a bloke who wants 'kinder, gentler' and 'more consensus' in his party, he sure don't half take the arse when it gets suggested that he meets people halfway on a few things.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2017 7:39]

Actually he does meet people halfway on a few things. He has to as Labour policy is decided at conference not by the leader, so he had to do some things he didn't like like supporting (half-heartedly) the remain campaign.

He still utterly useless of course.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 22:44 - Mar 19 with 1696 viewsRyorry

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 21:34 - Mar 19 by Lord_Lucan

It's crazy. Those supporting Corbyn are doing the country no favours. Unfortunately the Labour Party are apathetic. They need to somehow oust Corbyn and install Hilary Benn or Alan Johnson.

Much as I like Johnson, and also to some extent Benn, I think it really needs someone younger now - ie from the next generation down.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 00:12 - Mar 20 with 1655 viewsconnorscontract

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 22:44 - Mar 19 by Ryorry

Much as I like Johnson, and also to some extent Benn, I think it really needs someone younger now - ie from the next generation down.

Agreed. Johnson would have been the man when Ed became leader, but he looks more and more like someone in semi-retirement. He gives the impression that he just can manage without all this sh!t anymore, thanks.

Chuka Umunna was odds on, but then the Press doorstepped his family about something and he mysteriously ruled himself out of the running. Read into that what you will...

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2015/05/why-chuka-umunna-withdrew-labour-le

Who is credible? Even Andy Burnham, the man who holds the distinction of losing to both Ed Miliband and Jeremy Corbyn, has seen the writing on the wall and given up ambitions of a substantial national role.

Benn is utterly toxic. Too deeply embedded in Blair's Iraq escapade, and lacking his Dad's charisma. Seen as a sell-out by the Corbynistas so couldn't unite the Party.
Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 00:26 - Mar 20 with 1644 viewsRyorry

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 00:12 - Mar 20 by connorscontract

Agreed. Johnson would have been the man when Ed became leader, but he looks more and more like someone in semi-retirement. He gives the impression that he just can manage without all this sh!t anymore, thanks.

Chuka Umunna was odds on, but then the Press doorstepped his family about something and he mysteriously ruled himself out of the running. Read into that what you will...

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2015/05/why-chuka-umunna-withdrew-labour-le

Who is credible? Even Andy Burnham, the man who holds the distinction of losing to both Ed Miliband and Jeremy Corbyn, has seen the writing on the wall and given up ambitions of a substantial national role.

Benn is utterly toxic. Too deeply embedded in Blair's Iraq escapade, and lacking his Dad's charisma. Seen as a sell-out by the Corbynistas so couldn't unite the Party.

Wouldn't say Benn lacks charisma because I always felt he had a good heavyweight quality about him, but fair point about Iraq and not being a unifying figure.

Once again, the tragedy of Jo Cox is highlighted.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 07:08 - Mar 20 with 1595 viewsNo9

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 18:56 - Mar 19 by sparks

This is extraordinary.

Many people would suggest the BBC is very left leaning.

This idea that criticising Corbyn is somehow an agenda, rather than stating the blatantly obvious, is ridiculous and blinkered. Corbyn is criticised because he has been completely hapless, and has no traction with the public at large.

But, not as hopeless as Ms Kuenssberg makes out.
Her campaign against Corbyn is not what the BBC should be about.

Ms Kuenssberg was given an hour on BBC2 to presemt a programme about he BBC it was total & utter incompetence and merely a platform to try & give her some credibility; it failed miserably.

If you want to learn about the popular news now you are better of looking at Ch 4rahter than politically corrupt BBC
Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 07:41 - Mar 20 with 1577 viewsBlueBadger

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 07:08 - Mar 20 by No9

But, not as hopeless as Ms Kuenssberg makes out.
Her campaign against Corbyn is not what the BBC should be about.

Ms Kuenssberg was given an hour on BBC2 to presemt a programme about he BBC it was total & utter incompetence and merely a platform to try & give her some credibility; it failed miserably.

If you want to learn about the popular news now you are better of looking at Ch 4rahter than politically corrupt BBC

I'm not sure what you think the beeb should be doing here, NOT reporting the splits in the Labour party, polling figures, editing footage of PMQ's where he yet again fails to truly make an incompetent and unpopular PM account for their actions?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 07:48 - Mar 20 with 1564 viewsBackToRussia

This is extraordinary.

This idea that criticising Corbyn is somehow an agenda, rather than stating the blatantly obvious, is ridiculous and blinkered. Corbyn is criticised because he has been completely hapless, and has no traction with the public at large.

The BBC is about as left leaning as my right nut.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Login to get fewer ads

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 07:48 - Mar 20 with 1564 viewsNo9

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 07:41 - Mar 20 by BlueBadger

I'm not sure what you think the beeb should be doing here, NOT reporting the splits in the Labour party, polling figures, editing footage of PMQ's where he yet again fails to truly make an incompetent and unpopular PM account for their actions?

I don't see why an independent public broadcasting organisation should not report divisions in any political party.
Jhn Major has demonstrated the divisions in the tory party are considerable
These get skant reporting on the BBC which has become ver economical with objective repoorting of news current affairs & politics, Ms Kuenssberg is just one example but ofyou look at the make up of the BBC political staff there are valid questions about the presenters.
As an example is Andrew Neil a fit & proper person to present a political programme given he is the Chairman of Press Holdings owned by the Barclay Bfs (Tax Exiles) and the owner of the Telegraph & Spectator registerd in a Tax haven 'NOT payng UK tax'?, Mr Neil has no legitimacy due to his conflicts of interest.
Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 07:53 - Mar 20 with 1549 viewsBlueBadger

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 07:48 - Mar 20 by No9

I don't see why an independent public broadcasting organisation should not report divisions in any political party.
These get skant reporting on the BBC which has become ver economical with objective repoorting of news current affairs & politics, Ms Kuenssberg is just one example but ofyou look at the make up of the BBC political staff there are valid questions about the presenters.
As an example is Andrew Neil a fit & proper person to present a political programme given he is the Chairman of Press Holdings owned by the Barclay Bfs (Tax Exiles) and the owner of the Telegraph & Spectator registerd in a Tax haven 'NOT payng UK tax'?, Mr Neil has no legitimacy due to his conflicts of interest.

And yet, despite all this, the BBC gets called a 'biased lefty' organisation by right wingers as well. Strikes me that if you're complaining and they're complaining, they've probably got it about right wit their balancing.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 07:55 - Mar 20 with 1544 viewsBackToRussia

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 07:53 - Mar 20 by BlueBadger

And yet, despite all this, the BBC gets called a 'biased lefty' organisation by right wingers as well. Strikes me that if you're complaining and they're complaining, they've probably got it about right wit their balancing.

Yes but "centrism" is also a position.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 08:01 - Mar 20 with 1533 viewsBlueBadger

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 07:55 - Mar 20 by BackToRussia

Yes but "centrism" is also a position.

I rather fear you're confusing 'centrism' with 'neutrality' here.

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 08:09 - Mar 20 with 1520 viewsGeoffSentence

This is extraordinary.

Many people on the right say that the BBC is left leaning.

Some on the left say it is right leaning.

There are definitely individuals of both hues in the bbc.

Given the criticism it gets from both sides it has probably got things more or less right.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 08:11 - Mar 20 with 1514 viewsGlasgowBlue

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 07:48 - Mar 20 by No9

How dare the BBC's Political Editor report on politics.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 08:17 - Mar 20 with 1504 viewsBackToRussia

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 08:01 - Mar 20 by BlueBadger

I rather fear you're confusing 'centrism' with 'neutrality' here.

No such thing I'm afraid.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 08:42 - Mar 20 with 1466 viewsUHTREDINIT

Nothing fake about miss Kuenssberg.The truest Tory,so true she wore her Tory Colours when the Tories won an election on the back of the financial crash in 2008.Biased she is but fake,she is not,she might be racist though,as most tories are.
Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 08:52 - Mar 20 with 1451 viewsGlasgowBlue

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 08:42 - Mar 20 by UHTREDINIT

Nothing fake about miss Kuenssberg.The truest Tory,so true she wore her Tory Colours when the Tories won an election on the back of the financial crash in 2008.Biased she is but fake,she is not,she might be racist though,as most tories are.

When spouting your bigoted bile could you please leave a space between the full stops and commas in order to make it readable for those of us who are literate.

Thanks x

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 08:56 - Mar 20 with 1450 viewslowhouseblue

open goal and he missed it shamefully.

why is the complete lack of any form of effective opposition not news worthy?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 09:09 - Mar 20 with 1434 viewschicoazul

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 18:33 - Mar 19 by JETPower

I've yet to see anyone with half a brain cell use the phrase 'fake news' uncritically.

Please spare us.

100% correct.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 09:12 - Mar 20 with 1434 viewschicoazul

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 18:42 - Mar 19 by Archer4721

Stefanovic asks a good question. Why are the Establishment and Tories so keen on trying to destroy Corbyn?

He's right when he says they don't want an honest man of the people who doesn't bow to them anywhere near power so it's in their interest to try and break him with anything especially lies..
[Post edited 19 Mar 2017 18:43]

You must be mad if you think the Tories want to destroy him. He has zero popularity ourtside Momentum and a few other fruitcakes. May props him up at PMQs every week because she can see how useless he is and therefore it is in their interests to keep him in there. Corbyn and his cronies are ensuring 20 years of Tory rule. Slow hand clap.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 09:18 - Mar 20 with 1422 viewsBlueBadger

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 08:17 - Mar 20 by BackToRussia

No such thing I'm afraid.

*head in hands*

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 09:21 - Mar 20 with 1418 viewsBlueBadger

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 08:42 - Mar 20 by UHTREDINIT

The Tories won an election on the back of the 2008 crash? Forgive my liberal elitism with insisting on facts here, but did't the election that came on the back of the 2008 crash result in a coalition government?

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 09:22 - Mar 20 with 1412 viewsBlueBadger

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 08:09 - Mar 20 by GeoffSentence

Many people on the right say that the BBC is left leaning.

Some on the left say it is right leaning.

There are definitely individuals of both hues in the bbc.

Given the criticism it gets from both sides it has probably got things more or less right.

Apparently, according to BTR 'being balanced' is a bias in itself...

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 09:40 - Mar 20 with 1400 viewsmanchego

He's not spot on at all. Laura K called it right.
The fact is corbyn is incapable of making those same points that
Stepanovic is making.
The tories got off too easily and there's only one person to blame for that.
Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 10:45 - Mar 20 with 1365 viewsNo9

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 08:11 - Mar 20 by GlasgowBlue

How dare the BBC's Political Editor report on politics.

The problem is she doesn't report on anything, she gives her slanted view which is not the same
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024