Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again 18:26 - Mar 19 with 16285 viewsArcher4721

More fake news and lies.

Peter Stefanovic absolutely spot on here

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 10:51 - Mar 20 with 1694 viewsNo9

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 07:53 - Mar 20 by BlueBadger

And yet, despite all this, the BBC gets called a 'biased lefty' organisation by right wingers as well. Strikes me that if you're complaining and they're complaining, they've probably got it about right wit their balancing.

I only complain when the bias is clear.
Not all the presenters do but the main ones come across as unable to present a balanced impartial report.
The BBC is now not the palce to get unbiased information
Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 11:06 - Mar 20 with 1674 viewsDarth_Koont

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 19:01 - Mar 19 by BlueBadger

To be honest, I don't think The Dear Leader has had as tough a ride from the papers as Miliband did. They pretty much know that he's utterly hopeless and can't really be arsed whereas whilst Miliband was also rubbish, he was up against the equally rubbish Call Me Dave.

and as a side observation, if both right wing loons and left wing loons think that the beeb is biased then they're probably hitting their balance about right...
[Post edited 19 Mar 2017 20:24]

For me it isn't an issue of right or left with the BBC. As you say they've got both sorts in equal measure.

They may be more balanced than the rest of the media but what annoys me about the BBC as public broadcaster is that they're the engine behind the politics as a game/entertainment that has seen a weakening of serious principled debate. This is where Kuenssberg comes into her own. Never mind her barely suppressed Tory leanings (I can live with that) but it's her fetishistic love of the game that is vomit-inducing.

That is of course all in line with the BBC's business model and the need to spin 24-hour news content. But here's the problem, politics isn't news. At least for 95% of the time. Yet we have the vacuous politicking of government officials and the equally empty spouting of those in opposition packaged and delivered as news content ...

The BBC has done its part to dumb down the political debate and to create a whirlwind of irrelevant information. If they want to show real objectivity, they should take a step back and focus on real things that are happening, not just give political parties the airtime to talk about doing stuff and then give these statements some validity by overanalyzing them to try and create some artificial meaning.

Pronouns: He/Him

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 11:36 - Mar 20 with 1635 viewsGlasgowBlue

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 10:45 - Mar 20 by No9

The problem is she doesn't report on anything, she gives her slanted view which is not the same

Well there is here report on last weeks' PMQ's and the NI Uturn.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39281756

Tell me how it is biased.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 11:42 - Mar 20 with 1628 viewsNo9

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 11:36 - Mar 20 by GlasgowBlue

Well there is here report on last weeks' PMQ's and the NI Uturn.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39281756

Tell me how it is biased.

She said Corbyn didn't land ANY blows - that is untrue,
They may not have been as effective as some would like but it did contribute to the U turn didn't it?

& she has been silent on other instances where the tories have not stuck with the 2015 EM.

If you want real news about UK politics watch Ch4
Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 11:47 - Mar 20 with 1623 viewsGlasgowBlue

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 11:42 - Mar 20 by No9

She said Corbyn didn't land ANY blows - that is untrue,
They may not have been as effective as some would like but it did contribute to the U turn didn't it?

& she has been silent on other instances where the tories have not stuck with the 2015 EM.

If you want real news about UK politics watch Ch4

He didn't land any blows. The Uturn came 15 minutes BEFORE Prime Minister's Questions.

Iron Lion Zion

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 11:58 - Mar 20 with 1605 viewsNo9

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 11:47 - Mar 20 by GlasgowBlue

He didn't land any blows. The Uturn came 15 minutes BEFORE Prime Minister's Questions.

You are invited to review the internet to see what others have to show
You will be free to challenge them
Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 12:08 - Mar 20 with 1590 viewsGlasgowBlue

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 11:58 - Mar 20 by No9

You are invited to review the internet to see what others have to show
You will be free to challenge them

You can invite me to whatever you want. The uturn came 15 minutes before PMQ's. That is a matter of record.

Perhaps your logic is that May was so scared of the pounding Jezza would give her that she pulled the plug on the NI hike.

Obviously a clear win for Jezza who strikes the fear of God into May.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2017 12:09]

Iron Lion Zion

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 12:37 - Mar 20 with 1570 viewsNo9

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 12:08 - Mar 20 by GlasgowBlue

You can invite me to whatever you want. The uturn came 15 minutes before PMQ's. That is a matter of record.

Perhaps your logic is that May was so scared of the pounding Jezza would give her that she pulled the plug on the NI hike.

Obviously a clear win for Jezza who strikes the fear of God into May.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2017 12:09]

Whatever, as a RW politico you would never see it any other way despite what the video in the OP showed, would you now?
Login to get fewer ads

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 12:41 - Mar 20 with 1562 viewsGlasgowBlue

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 12:37 - Mar 20 by No9

Whatever, as a RW politico you would never see it any other way despite what the video in the OP showed, would you now?

I could be left, right or centre. It wouldn't change the facts that the uturn came 15 minutes before PMQ's. I know you argue about facts but are you actually challenging the laws of time?

Iron Lion Zion

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 13:11 - Mar 20 with 1539 viewsNo9

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 12:41 - Mar 20 by GlasgowBlue

I could be left, right or centre. It wouldn't change the facts that the uturn came 15 minutes before PMQ's. I know you argue about facts but are you actually challenging the laws of time?

Er, you are forgetting (deliberately?) the intervening days between Hammond budget & May selling him down the swaney which is why I invited you to review the OP & video.

You wet your pants over PMQ when the real business of government happens outside the chamber.

Ms K's failure to address the intervening period was deliberate and biased
Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 13:23 - Mar 20 with 1521 viewsGlasgowBlue

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 13:11 - Mar 20 by No9

Er, you are forgetting (deliberately?) the intervening days between Hammond budget & May selling him down the swaney which is why I invited you to review the OP & video.

You wet your pants over PMQ when the real business of government happens outside the chamber.

Ms K's failure to address the intervening period was deliberate and biased

I haven't forgotten anything. AYou were claiming that Corbyn's blows at PMQ's had lead tio the uturn. You were corrected on that so you have changed tack.

OK. You now say Laura Kuenssberg failed to address the intervening period and that it was deliberate and biased.

Yet in the article I linked she says the following:

Almost exactly seven days later to the minute, the prime minister and chancellor have dumped the most controversial part of their Budget, scrapping the planned rises to National Insurance.

A U-turn so fast, so blatant, so complete, it's hard to think of recent examples that are so overt..........Their complicated excuse just didn't wash. Some Tory backbenchers were so unhappy about it that they had gone into overdrive trying to change the chancellor's mind. ...........It undermines the credibility of the chancellor, an admission at the very least...........A firm nudge from backbenchers, and they shifted.

You should at least become familiar with a subject before shouting the first thing that comes into your head.

Iron Lion Zion

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 13:37 - Mar 20 with 1514 viewsNo9

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 13:23 - Mar 20 by GlasgowBlue

I haven't forgotten anything. AYou were claiming that Corbyn's blows at PMQ's had lead tio the uturn. You were corrected on that so you have changed tack.

OK. You now say Laura Kuenssberg failed to address the intervening period and that it was deliberate and biased.

Yet in the article I linked she says the following:

Almost exactly seven days later to the minute, the prime minister and chancellor have dumped the most controversial part of their Budget, scrapping the planned rises to National Insurance.

A U-turn so fast, so blatant, so complete, it's hard to think of recent examples that are so overt..........Their complicated excuse just didn't wash. Some Tory backbenchers were so unhappy about it that they had gone into overdrive trying to change the chancellor's mind. ...........It undermines the credibility of the chancellor, an admission at the very least...........A firm nudge from backbenchers, and they shifted.

You should at least become familiar with a subject before shouting the first thing that comes into your head.

Never mentioned PMQ's that was you.
On the contrary I said the business of governemnt doesn't happen at PMQ's

Ms K chose not to look at anything other than PMQ's (like you)

You don't have to look at what happens, that is your modus operandi
Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 13:47 - Mar 20 with 1499 viewsGlasgowBlue

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 13:37 - Mar 20 by No9

Never mentioned PMQ's that was you.
On the contrary I said the business of governemnt doesn't happen at PMQ's

Ms K chose not to look at anything other than PMQ's (like you)

You don't have to look at what happens, that is your modus operandi

"She said Corbyn didn't land ANY blows - that is untrue,
They may not have been as effective as some would like but it did contribute to the U turn didn't it?"

Iron Lion Zion

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 14:03 - Mar 20 with 1492 viewsNo9

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 13:47 - Mar 20 by GlasgowBlue

They may not have been as effective as some would like but it did contribute to the U turn didn't it?"

You do seem to be arguing against yourself dear boy.
Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 14:13 - Mar 20 with 1484 viewsNo9

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 19:01 - Mar 19 by BlueBadger

To be honest, I don't think The Dear Leader has had as tough a ride from the papers as Miliband did. They pretty much know that he's utterly hopeless and can't really be arsed whereas whilst Miliband was also rubbish, he was up against the equally rubbish Call Me Dave.

and as a side observation, if both right wing loons and left wing loons think that the beeb is biased then they're probably hitting their balance about right...
[Post edited 19 Mar 2017 20:24]

& now, on energy at least, Mrs May looks like pinching Milliband Jnrs ideas on price restrictions.

Haven't seen the BBC put that on the screens?

But you are right he got terrible treatment from the media
Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 14:23 - Mar 20 with 1468 viewsGlasgowBlue

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 14:13 - Mar 20 by No9

& now, on energy at least, Mrs May looks like pinching Milliband Jnrs ideas on price restrictions.

Haven't seen the BBC put that on the screens?

But you are right he got terrible treatment from the media

I posted:

"Well there is here report on last weeks' PMQ's and the NI Uturn.2

You replied:

and then when I point out that the uturn came 15 minutes before PMQ's you say you weren't talking about PMQ's?

I give up with you. It's utterly pointless. I'd get more sense from talking to my door.

Iron Lion Zion

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 14:35 - Mar 20 with 1448 viewsNo9

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 14:23 - Mar 20 by GlasgowBlue

I posted:

"Well there is here report on last weeks' PMQ's and the NI Uturn.2

You replied:

and then when I point out that the uturn came 15 minutes before PMQ's you say you weren't talking about PMQ's?

I give up with you. It's utterly pointless. I'd get more sense from talking to my door.

Frankly I think you have been talking to your mirror
The one presented to you in party HQ
Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 14:43 - Mar 20 with 1439 viewsBOjK

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 14:35 - Mar 20 by No9

He's right on this one though.

I generally assume that if you have to resort to saying the BBC are biased you've lost the argument, and you are doing nothing to disprove my rule-of-thumb.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 14:45 - Mar 20 with 1434 viewsNo9

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 14:35 - Mar 20 by No9

FYI

https://wikispooks.com/wiki/Laura_Kuenssberg
Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 14:50 - Mar 20 with 1416 viewsNo9

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 14:43 - Mar 20 by BOjK

He's right on this one though.

I generally assume that if you have to resort to saying the BBC are biased you've lost the argument, and you are doing nothing to disprove my rule-of-thumb.

There are presenters on the BBC who come across as biased.
There is a lot of circumstaial evidence agianst Ms K (including the fact her brother works for the tories - allegedly) in particular & on at least one occassion she has been found guilty by the BBC themselves.

It is amatter of record that Nick Robinson warned the BBC of her campaign against Coryn.

A review of the way in which the BBC reported the tory election expenses issues & how Ch 4 treated it suggests the pro tory bias in the BBC runs very deep.

I have already mentioned the Andrew Neil thing
Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 14:52 - Mar 20 with 1415 viewssparks

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 14:45 - Mar 20 by No9

FYI

If someone hit you over the head with a 2 litre tin of black dulux emulsion, you'd be too busy trying to convince onlookers that the paint was white, to remonstrate with your assailant or seek treatment for the head injury....

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 14:53 - Mar 20 with 1410 viewsRyorry

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 14:45 - Mar 20 by No9

FYI

Corbyn doesn't need any assistance from Ms K or the BBC, he's perfectly skilled at shooting himself, the PLP and the country in the feet, all by himself.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 14:59 - Mar 20 with 1401 viewssparks

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 14:50 - Mar 20 by No9

There are presenters on the BBC who come across as biased.
There is a lot of circumstaial evidence agianst Ms K (including the fact her brother works for the tories - allegedly) in particular & on at least one occassion she has been found guilty by the BBC themselves.

It is amatter of record that Nick Robinson warned the BBC of her campaign against Coryn.

A review of the way in which the BBC reported the tory election expenses issues & how Ch 4 treated it suggests the pro tory bias in the BBC runs very deep.

I have already mentioned the Andrew Neil thing

Well there was that economics editor who had relations with a labour minister..

If it's a matter of record that nick Robinson warned the BBC of a lk campaign against corbyn, you can presumably show us that record?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 15:08 - Mar 20 with 1390 viewspointofblue

Except Peter Stefanovic is completely and utterly wrong. Jeremy Corbyn, as always, did absolutely nothing to instigate a u-turn in Government policy. It was the Conservative backbenches which forced the u-turn through on the basis that they would vote against the budget otherwise.

The Official Opposition at the moment is the Conservative backbenches and, to an extent, the SNP. Labour is a defunct party going nowhere and will remain being so whilst the leadership insists on following extreme left wing policy which had previously been destroyed by Thatcher.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 15:09 - Mar 20 with 1384 viewsNo9

Laura Kuenssberg and the BBC at it again on 14:59 - Mar 20 by sparks

Well there was that economics editor who had relations with a labour minister..

If it's a matter of record that nick Robinson warned the BBC of a lk campaign against corbyn, you can presumably show us that record?

Its on the net if you care to look.

Who was the economics editor (BBC?) who had relations with a labour minister?
Were labour in office at the time?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024