Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
91%... 22:10 - Mar 20 with 1767 viewsBurwell_Blue

"Playing squad, coaches & academy costs as a percentage of turnover is now running at 91%. I am pleased to say that all non playing squad costs remained static by saving costs and efficiencies. "

And that there is what is wrong with football. It's ruined, it's over. It's not the sport I fell in love with as a kid.

Wages are a joke and players have been taking the piss out you all.
91% on 22:26 - Mar 20 with 1698 viewsoldbluestu

But that's life everybody wants to earn more it's only natural.
If the money wasn't coming in from the likes of Sky then they couldn't pay the wages they do and what drives Sky, viewers.
When you think about it if everyone cancel Sky, BT etc the money going into football would dry up, ultimately all football fans could change it.
91% on 23:08 - Mar 20 with 1620 viewsbournemouthblue

91% on 22:26 - Mar 20 by oldbluestu

But that's life everybody wants to earn more it's only natural.
If the money wasn't coming in from the likes of Sky then they couldn't pay the wages they do and what drives Sky, viewers.
When you think about it if everyone cancel Sky, BT etc the money going into football would dry up, ultimately all football fans could change it.

Do we want it drying up whilst we have no money?

It would be just our luck to get back in the Premiership when there is no longer any money

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

91% on 08:42 - Mar 21 with 1401 viewsGeoffSentence

91% on 23:08 - Mar 20 by bournemouthblue

Do we want it drying up whilst we have no money?

It would be just our luck to get back in the Premiership when there is no longer any money

I don't think we have to worry about what life would be like back in the premier league just yet.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

91% on 08:54 - Mar 21 with 1376 viewsclive_baker

Football died years ago. Disappeared too far up it's own arse to ever be seen again. Beautiful game, disgusting industry. I say sack off professional football and get yourself down to Leiston, Needham, Bury Town, Sudbury, whoever else might be your local non league side.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

91% on 08:58 - Mar 21 with 1359 viewsitfcjoe

91% on 08:54 - Mar 21 by clive_baker

Football died years ago. Disappeared too far up it's own arse to ever be seen again. Beautiful game, disgusting industry. I say sack off professional football and get yourself down to Leiston, Needham, Bury Town, Sudbury, whoever else might be your local non league side.

But what about if your local side is ITFC?

Even at that level there are the same issues - Leiston just lost Byron Lawrence to Billericay because they are throwing silly money about. Just signed Paul Konchesky too, and another player rumoured to be on £2,100/week.

I personally don't mind the huge amount of money in the game, it is what it is, but it's the uneven spread of said money that kills it.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

91% on 09:15 - Mar 21 with 1322 viewsgerard1947

It was the people's game not that long ago, a family could afford to go, we could empathise with the players. They earned more than us but not that much. Which ever way you cut it is TV money that has spoilt our game. The genie is out of the bottle there is nothing we can do until it falls flat on its face. It may take time but it will happen.

That is why after over 50 years being a loyal fan it is likely that I will give it all a break. I've already stopped watching MOTD etc, it's all started to annoy or bore me. There's more to life than this.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2017 9:18]
91% on 09:25 - Mar 21 with 1296 viewsITFC_Forever

91% on 08:54 - Mar 21 by clive_baker

My local side is ITFC, I live less than 10 minutes walk from the ground and PR is closer than Ipswich Wanderers and Whitton Utd.

Money is just as much a problem at non-league level too.... even 10-12 years ago, there were sides below Conference National level paying £2500 - £3000 a week.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

91%... on 10:15 - Mar 21 with 1225 viewsPhilTWTD

For context, that's down from 102 per cent last year.
Login to get fewer ads

91%... on 10:19 - Mar 21 with 1197 viewspointofblue

91%... on 10:15 - Mar 21 by PhilTWTD

For context, that's down from 102 per cent last year.

A short sentence but with a lot of meaning behind it - in other words they've cut expenditure but have put up ticket prices.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

91%... on 10:35 - Mar 21 with 1155 viewsPhilTWTD

91%... on 10:19 - Mar 21 by pointofblue

A short sentence but with a lot of meaning behind it - in other words they've cut expenditure but have put up ticket prices.

No, I think wages are going to be up around £1 million for this year to £17.5 million. I assume that turnover is up, hence the percentage drop, probably due to the increased Premier League solidarity payment.
91%... on 10:40 - Mar 21 with 1133 viewspointofblue

91%... on 10:35 - Mar 21 by PhilTWTD

No, I think wages are going to be up around £1 million for this year to £17.5 million. I assume that turnover is up, hence the percentage drop, probably due to the increased Premier League solidarity payment.

Thanks - sorry for misunderstanding! But it still means they're looking to put up prices even though they're spending less of their turnover on players and staffing. Could the cost of anything else have gone up instead? Upkeep (haha) of the stadium?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024