Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maintenance Portman Road 13:22 - Mar 22 with 8620 viewsMoulton

It appears that the general consensus on here is that Portman Road looks delapidated and reflects badly on ITFC.
Maybe our belligerent owner is making a stand against the landlord, Ipswich BC? Not so long ago he was forced to increase the rental payments, including arrears. This would have irritated him, as does the ongoing saga with police payments. I believe money rules his mindset with no room for goodwill or fairness.
Is this an opportune moment for the landlord to put pressure on him to maintain the property to the state it was at the start of his tenancy? Or is the cost of maintenance down to the landlord ( highly unlikely.). Either way Ipswich Council are ideally placed, being next to the ground, to carry out regular inspections of their property. Maybe they could send a letter to ME informing him of his responsibilities.
Would Evans be concerned or shamed if photos were published in the media, preferably with his name visible, showing the deterioration of the stadium? Probably not, but worth a punt to highlight the fact that he couldn't care less.
Maintenance Portman Road on 08:31 - Mar 23 with 1978 viewsnoggin

Maintenance Portman Road on 08:24 - Mar 23 by Benters

Bucket of water a sponge and brush bit of fairy sorted .

And brasso.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Maintenance Portman Road on 09:47 - Mar 23 with 1938 viewsBenters

Maintenance Portman Road on 08:31 - Mar 23 by noggin

And brasso.

and a stepladder .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Maintenance Portman Road on 04:24 - Mar 24 with 1876 viewsharlingblue

Maintenance Portman Road on 13:27 - Mar 22 by Steve_M

It's nothing so complicated as that, the ME approach has been to cut costs everywhere but the first team - and it really does show now. I think we'll see first team costs cut drastically from now onwards too.

That the approach to the North Stand end of the ground is dominated by a roof that has needed cleaning for years is symbolic of the whole, shabby nature of the ground these days. The ground, perhaps the entire club.

Our whole club seems in chaos at the moment. Owner gives peanuts to a Manager that has given his all, saving us from relegation, almost gaining promotion, then having to sell off the best players Cresswell, Mings and Murphy for a considerable sum.
Manager now downbeat, hasn't the players to compete, dour tactics ensue.
Half-time comes, we wait in line for pie or beer, to be greeted on screens of Murphy scoring in the game last year, now that is taking the p..s. Half time entertaiment wouldn't go amiss.
The whole stadium needs a thorough clean,looks tired, and just like the fans, we need to be valued and loved. ME please sort it.
Maintenance Portman Road on 05:13 - Mar 24 with 1864 viewsBenters

Maintenance Portman Road on 04:24 - Mar 24 by harlingblue

Our whole club seems in chaos at the moment. Owner gives peanuts to a Manager that has given his all, saving us from relegation, almost gaining promotion, then having to sell off the best players Cresswell, Mings and Murphy for a considerable sum.
Manager now downbeat, hasn't the players to compete, dour tactics ensue.
Half-time comes, we wait in line for pie or beer, to be greeted on screens of Murphy scoring in the game last year, now that is taking the p..s. Half time entertaiment wouldn't go amiss.
The whole stadium needs a thorough clean,looks tired, and just like the fans, we need to be valued and loved. ME please sort it.

It will cost at least £80k to clean the NS roof !

When you are spending only £10K on players the roof doesnt stand a chance of a clean !

Gentlybentley

Maintenance Portman Road on 07:57 - Mar 24 with 1833 viewswitchdoctor

Maintenance Portman Road on 05:13 - Mar 24 by Benters

It will cost at least £80k to clean the NS roof !

When you are spending only £10K on players the roof doesnt stand a chance of a clean !

80 K????
Maintenance Portman Road on 09:56 - Mar 24 with 1802 viewsmonty_radio

Maintenance Portman Road on 00:25 - Mar 23 by Ryorry

What gets me is that it's such a false economy, and ultimately reflects very badly on ME and his empire - particularly since his name is emblazoned across the shirts of those playing inside the stadium!

That he doesn't get this very fundamental point about public relations (think of it from the point of a potential new customer who's never had anything to do with either football or ME's hospitality business before, and is seeing the stadium for the first time - first impressions etc) makes me seriously doubt his competence to run any business right now, no matter what he's done in the past.

Yet consider the case of TicketMaster and the crowds that enter the soft-carpeted, luxury-draped Regent - the huge slab-side facing the old Odeon says we've lured you in, the outside can quietly moulder away for the visual pleasure of those who won't pay the prices to come in.

And before any nervous poster corrects me to say that Ticketmaster don't own the Regent, do not "business partners" junket together; and could not someone on the upkeep side of things put down his or her drink for a moment and say to the money people, "now about this eyesore problem ......" ?
[Post edited 24 Mar 2017 11:28]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Maintenance Portman Road on 10:47 - Mar 24 with 1761 viewsoldbluestu

Maintenance Portman Road on 07:57 - Mar 24 by witchdoctor

80 K????

Scaffolding isn't cheap these days
Maintenance Portman Road on 11:20 - Mar 24 with 1742 viewswitchdoctor

Maintenance Portman Road on 10:47 - Mar 24 by oldbluestu

Scaffolding isn't cheap these days

wouldn't need scaffolding....20 mtr cherry picker for
5 days ....2/3K....dual heavy duty power washer 5 days £500...2 blokes 5 days 2K...other sundries £500.....between 5/6 K...job's a good un
Login to get fewer ads

Maintenance Portman Road on 11:35 - Mar 24 with 1718 viewsLord_Lucan

Maintenance Portman Road on 18:18 - Mar 22 by BackToRussia

Fans should take pressure washers down and buckets and sponges down to PR and start washing the statues of Sir Bob and Sir Alf and getting the surfaces clean. It'd be great.

This is actually a very good idea. All you need is half a dozen people with some buckets of water, cleaning fluid and a step ladder and give SBR and SAR a clean. Take some photos and send them to the Star. This will indeed have more of an effect than a pointless march.

Witchdoctor, maybe this is something you can organise as you will have all the gear necessary what with your line of work.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Maintenance Portman Road on 11:42 - Mar 24 with 1701 viewsKilburnBlue

80 K????

Sure I read somewhere it would cost more then that, but may be mistaken

Maintenance Portman Road on 11:45 - Mar 24 with 1700 viewsRyorry

Maintenance Portman Road on 11:20 - Mar 24 by witchdoctor

5 days ....2/3K....dual heavy duty power washer 5 days £500...2 blokes 5 days 2K...other sundries £500.....between 5/6 K...job's a good un

Offer it to them, and link this thread!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Maintenance Portman Road on 11:48 - Mar 24 with 1690 viewstextbackup

Sad thing is, I'd offer to go and do some tidying up down there when I'm off work for free, but they'd probably charge me to get in to do this

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Maintenance Portman Road on 12:18 - Mar 24 with 1663 viewsClapham_Junction

Surely they could do it with abseiling kit, which would be even cheaper. Seems to be quite common in London.
Maintenance Portman Road on 12:20 - Mar 24 with 1661 viewswitchdoctor

Maintenance Portman Road on 11:35 - Mar 24 by Lord_Lucan

This is actually a very good idea. All you need is half a dozen people with some buckets of water, cleaning fluid and a step ladder and give SBR and SAR a clean. Take some photos and send them to the Star. This will indeed have more of an effect than a pointless march.

Witchdoctor, maybe this is something you can organise as you will have all the gear necessary what with your line of work.

I was tempted to go down ystdy and do it but something else cropped up....wouldn't take any time at all I reckon...
Maintenance Portman Road on 12:23 - Mar 24 with 1646 viewsLord_Lucan

Maintenance Portman Road on 12:20 - Mar 24 by witchdoctor

I was tempted to go down ystdy and do it but something else cropped up....wouldn't take any time at all I reckon...

If you decide to you must get some photos taken. This would really show the club up for what they have become.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Maintenance Portman Road on 12:23 - Mar 24 with 1645 viewswitchdoctor

Maintenance Portman Road on 11:45 - Mar 24 by Ryorry

Offer it to them, and link this thread!

well I would but reckon they'd insist on an established company with public liability and the the suchlike.....all I'm saying is I got those figures with a quick google so to say it would cost in the region of 80K is preposterous...
Maintenance Portman Road on 12:25 - Mar 24 with 1639 viewswitchdoctor

Maintenance Portman Road on 12:23 - Mar 24 by Lord_Lucan

If you decide to you must get some photos taken. This would really show the club up for what they have become.

I'll take a wander down there later and suss it out mate...
Maintenance Portman Road on 12:25 - Mar 24 with 1638 viewsLord_Lucan

Maintenance Portman Road on 12:23 - Mar 24 by witchdoctor

well I would but reckon they'd insist on an established company with public liability and the the suchlike.....all I'm saying is I got those figures with a quick google so to say it would cost in the region of 80K is preposterous...

You know Gus Garnham? His firm would do it easy and £80k is way off.

Maintenance Portman Road on 12:52 - Mar 24 with 1605 views26_Paz

I'm going to sound really old fashioned here but why not get some of the academy players working on the stadium during the summer? Bit of a clean up, lick of paint that kind of thing

The Paz Man

Maintenance Portman Road on 13:12 - Mar 24 with 1573 viewsLord_Lucan

Maintenance Portman Road on 12:52 - Mar 24 by 26_Paz

I'm going to sound really old fashioned here but why not get some of the academy players working on the stadium during the summer? Bit of a clean up, lick of paint that kind of thing

Health and Safety

Maintenance Portman Road on 13:16 - Mar 24 with 1563 viewsMedwayTractor

Maintenance Portman Road on 13:33 - Mar 22 by Reuser_is_God

I'd be astounded if the council haven't instructed ITFC to do something about it.

The Council owns the land only, all buildings etc are the responsibility of the tenant, ie the football club.

Blog: Who's Next Between the Sticks (Or Be Careful What You Wish For)?

Maintenance Portman Road on 13:20 - Mar 24 with 1550 viewsLord_Lucan

Maintenance Portman Road on 13:16 - Mar 24 by MedwayTractor

The Council owns the land only, all buildings etc are the responsibility of the tenant, ie the football club.

Yeah but I assume it was being suggested that the council advise ITFC that the place is an eyesore and to sort it out.

Maintenance Portman Road on 13:39 - Mar 24 with 1528 viewsPilgrimblue

Maintenance Portman Road on 14:16 - Mar 22 by WoodsFriesRice

I assumed that's the job for which Jonathan Douglas was brought in.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2017 14:18]

well he's certainly round MM's during the week!
Maintenance Portman Road on 02:00 - Mar 25 with 1463 viewsHARRY10

job's a good un ! ! !

hired a 17m cherry picker in Oct - check prices if you doubt

delivery, insurance deisel £565 7 days - £320 each further seperate days

suitable jet washer can be hired £200

£200 a day per person for labour ! ! !
Maintenance Portman Road on 02:33 - Mar 25 with 1454 viewsBenters

80 K????

Yeah boy im sure Phil said thats what it would cost.

Unless of course that is what our glorious owner ME would charge hanging from his Helicopter,bucket and sponge in hand !

Gentlybentley

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024