Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maintenance Portman Road 13:22 - Mar 22 with 8621 viewsMoulton

It appears that the general consensus on here is that Portman Road looks delapidated and reflects badly on ITFC.
Maybe our belligerent owner is making a stand against the landlord, Ipswich BC? Not so long ago he was forced to increase the rental payments, including arrears. This would have irritated him, as does the ongoing saga with police payments. I believe money rules his mindset with no room for goodwill or fairness.
Is this an opportune moment for the landlord to put pressure on him to maintain the property to the state it was at the start of his tenancy? Or is the cost of maintenance down to the landlord ( highly unlikely.). Either way Ipswich Council are ideally placed, being next to the ground, to carry out regular inspections of their property. Maybe they could send a letter to ME informing him of his responsibilities.
Would Evans be concerned or shamed if photos were published in the media, preferably with his name visible, showing the deterioration of the stadium? Probably not, but worth a punt to highlight the fact that he couldn't care less.
Maintenance Portman Road on 07:44 - Mar 25 with 1138 viewswitchdoctor

Maintenance Portman Road on 02:33 - Mar 25 by Benters

Yeah boy im sure Phil said thats what it would cost.

Unless of course that is what our glorious owner ME would charge hanging from his Helicopter,bucket and sponge in hand !

well mate...as you can see from the figures above that price is......just like our. club at the mo....total bullsh*t ..
Maintenance Portman Road on 07:59 - Mar 25 with 1122 viewsBenters

Maintenance Portman Road on 07:44 - Mar 25 by witchdoctor

well mate...as you can see from the figures above that price is......just like our. club at the mo....total bullsh*t ..

Like everything else the longer you leave crap like that the worse it will get .

You are of course right .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Maintenance Portman Road on 10:35 - Mar 25 with 1075 viewsmonty_radio

Maintenance Portman Road on 13:20 - Mar 24 by Lord_Lucan

Yeah but I assume it was being suggested that the council advise ITFC that the place is an eyesore and to sort it out.

True. But the council don't exactly have the tidiest of records on their own account.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Maintenance Portman Road on 10:44 - Mar 25 with 1070 viewsPhilTWTD

Maintenance Portman Road on 11:20 - Mar 24 by witchdoctor

wouldn't need scaffolding....20 mtr cherry picker for
5 days ....2/3K....dual heavy duty power washer 5 days £500...2 blokes 5 days 2K...other sundries £500.....between 5/6 K...job's a good un

The £80k figure came from when work was done on the Sir Alf Stand a couple of years back. As well as cleaning and painting they were checking joints etc if I remember correctly. Required someone dangling on a harness rather than cherry picker or scaffolding. Had photos but they seem to have disappeared in a site update.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/20906/sir-alf-stand-gets-a-spruce-up
Maintenance Portman Road on 10:49 - Mar 25 with 1062 viewsBluebell

Maintenance Portman Road on 10:44 - Mar 25 by PhilTWTD

The £80k figure came from when work was done on the Sir Alf Stand a couple of years back. As well as cleaning and painting they were checking joints etc if I remember correctly. Required someone dangling on a harness rather than cherry picker or scaffolding. Had photos but they seem to have disappeared in a site update.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/20906/sir-alf-stand-gets-a-spruce-up

The metal girders above us in the Sir Bobby Lower are completely rusted.

It would need more than paint to cover that up!
Maintenance Portman Road on 12:01 - Mar 26 with 958 viewsrgp1

Maintenance Portman Road on 13:29 - Mar 22 by carlisleaway

Look at the state of the old ticket offices, plants growing out of the roof as you enter the pitch, top of the Bobby Robson Stand needs cleaning as do the Statues of Sir Bobby and Sir Alf.....sure there is more untidy areas.

Oh I forgot that is where the increase in ticket sales money will be put to use !!!!!

Its the old ticket office on PR that makes me laugh when it states in the Windows ' no tickets sold from this office' imagine popping into supermarket and it Said on the door ' no groceries sold from this supermarket'. Marketing is the most powerful tool we have, presumably Frank Spencer takes care of it for the club!
Maintenance Portman Road on 17:18 - Mar 26 with 865 viewsBenters

Maintenance Portman Road on 10:49 - Mar 25 by Bluebell

The metal girders above us in the Sir Bobby Lower are completely rusted.

It would need more than paint to cover that up!

Some floral wallpaper might look nice ?

Gentlybentley

Maintenance Portman Road on 17:25 - Mar 26 with 862 viewsBanburyBlue

Maintenance Portman Road on 11:20 - Mar 24 by witchdoctor

wouldn't need scaffolding....20 mtr cherry picker for
5 days ....2/3K....dual heavy duty power washer 5 days £500...2 blokes 5 days 2K...other sundries £500.....between 5/6 K...job's a good un

Max!

Banbury Blue Back in Town

Login to get fewer ads

Maintenance Portman Road on 17:59 - Mar 26 with 840 viewsBluedanW

Maintenance Portman Road on 17:25 - Mar 26 by BanburyBlue

Max!

How comes the 2 ends have needed the maintenance. Surely if they are the newest 2 stands how much work is required on the other 2 much older and larger stands?
Maintenance Portman Road on 18:33 - Mar 26 with 824 viewsBenters

Maintenance Portman Road on 17:59 - Mar 26 by BluedanW

How comes the 2 ends have needed the maintenance. Surely if they are the newest 2 stands how much work is required on the other 2 much older and larger stands?

If you paint something white it will soon look dirty .

Gentlybentley

Maintenance Portman Road on 19:05 - Mar 26 with 805 viewsWonky

The attitude the club convey by this, where's the pride?. They should be embarrassed. What's wrong with repainting everything every other year?. Its not too hard or expensive.
Maintenance Portman Road on 19:18 - Mar 26 with 786 viewsBenters

Maintenance Portman Road on 19:05 - Mar 26 by Wonky

The attitude the club convey by this, where's the pride?. They should be embarrassed. What's wrong with repainting everything every other year?. Its not too hard or expensive.

Everything is being run on the cheap so i guess it is .

Gentlybentley

Maintenance Portman Road on 22:12 - Mar 26 with 731 viewsbournemouthblue

Maintenance Portman Road on 17:28 - Mar 22 by BanburyBlue

Still no excuse for leaving mould and moss on SBR's picture on planet blue as I have said before, a decent window cleaner could do that job!!

There's Algae growing on the various roofs as well

My company makes an Algae Remover which keeps working for upto a year. I don't know how many bottles they would need or the kind of contractor they'd need to apply it. I wouldn't expect the costs to be that high but as Phil says, every single cost away from the playing side of the club seems to have been cut. They see it as a luxury rather than a necessity.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024