Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bl00dy hell 15:02 - Mar 22 with 6136 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Kicked off outside Westminster

Let's hope it's not a terrorist attack

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Bl00dy hell on 23:11 - Mar 22 with 1133 viewslowhouseblue

Bl00dy hell on 22:50 - Mar 22 by caught-in-limbo

Channel 4 and The independent. - Oh dear.

Don't trust any news site to tell you the truth.

made a mistake, corrected it within minutes. that doesn't make them dishonest.. be careful about any breaking news during an event such as today, expect errors in all instant news. but you'd have to be very opportunistic to read more into it than that.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Bl00dy hell on 23:14 - Mar 22 with 1120 viewscaught-in-limbo

Bl00dy hell on 23:11 - Mar 22 by lowhouseblue

made a mistake, corrected it within minutes. that doesn't make them dishonest.. be careful about any breaking news during an event such as today, expect errors in all instant news. but you'd have to be very opportunistic to read more into it than that.

please provide evidence that it was corrected in minutes.

Why did The Independent just copy the Channel 4 news report? Mainstream news is just an echo chamber.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2017 23:18]

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Bl00dy hell on 23:19 - Mar 22 with 1096 viewssoupytwist

Bl00dy hell on 23:14 - Mar 22 by caught-in-limbo

Why did The Independent just copy the Channel 4 news report? Mainstream news is just an echo chamber.

The bulletin ended with Jon Snow making a clear statement that they'd been told by the person named's brother that said person was still in jail and therefore Channel 4 news had got it wrong.
Bl00dy hell on 23:21 - Mar 22 with 1083 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Bl00dy hell on 23:19 - Mar 22 by soupytwist

The bulletin ended with Jon Snow making a clear statement that they'd been told by the person named's brother that said person was still in jail and therefore Channel 4 news had got it wrong.

So it was his job to watch out for mistakes?

You could say Jon Snow was on the nights watch then..

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Bl00dy hell on 23:22 - Mar 22 with 1069 viewslowhouseblue

pulled it before it could be repeated on c4+1. so by definition within an hour - which is minutes.

the rush to be first with breaking news is very dangerous. it leads to mistakes that have to be corrected.

nothing to see here.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Bl00dy hell on 23:23 - Mar 22 with 1063 viewscaught-in-limbo

Bl00dy hell on 23:19 - Mar 22 by soupytwist

Unforgivable mistake which was picked up by other news agencies around the planet - including the UK's own Independent. The ones that didn't run with the story ran with articles about the alleged killer anyway. It all serves to fuel hatred and it's based on false information.

#toxic

Bl00dy hell on 23:25 - Mar 22 with 1055 viewssoupytwist

Bl00dy hell on 15:38 - Mar 22 by The_Romford_Blue

Have deleted it now

Apologies all

Funnily enough I know a Town fan with the same name whose political views are not massively different from the person you already quoted. Definitely different people though.
Bl00dy hell on 23:35 - Mar 22 with 1031 viewscaught-in-limbo

Bl00dy hell on 23:22 - Mar 22 by lowhouseblue

pulled it before it could be repeated on c4+1. so by definition within an hour - which is minutes.

the rush to be first with breaking news is very dangerous. it leads to mistakes that have to be corrected.

nothing to see here.

No, there's plenty to see here.

You get a journalist who contributes to the Guardian and Telegraph among others posting a pretty infographic warning us all to be salient about social media for news. The implication being that mainstream sources are trustworthy.

The truth is they are all suspect, because as you state "the rush to be first with breaking news is very dangerous".

Personally, I would much rather read eye witness accounts on social media and decide for myself how credible the reports are. If a top news agency is accusing a person who is currently detained at her majesty's pleasure of terrorism on the streets of London, it shows either total incompetence or malice.

The irony, of course, is that this mainstream journalist posted his social media warning on Twitter.

#toxic

Login to get fewer ads

Bl00dy hell on 23:45 - Mar 22 with 994 viewsStNeotsBlue

The Independent has gradually got worse since it went online only, not sure they are wholly reliable or independent anymore.
Bl00dy hell on 07:44 - Mar 23 with 893 viewsSteve_M

Bl00dy hell on 22:50 - Mar 22 by caught-in-limbo

Channel 4 and The independent. - Oh dear.

Don't trust any news site to tell you the truth.

And they retracted it within minutes. Channel 4 made a horrendous error here and everyone knows it.

That doesn't make every idiot with a youtube or twitter account as reliable as a news network.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Bl00dy hell on 07:52 - Mar 23 with 887 viewslowhouseblue

Bl00dy hell on 23:35 - Mar 22 by caught-in-limbo

You get a journalist who contributes to the Guardian and Telegraph among others posting a pretty infographic warning us all to be salient about social media for news. The implication being that mainstream sources are trustworthy.

The truth is they are all suspect, because as you state "the rush to be first with breaking news is very dangerous".

Personally, I would much rather read eye witness accounts on social media and decide for myself how credible the reports are. If a top news agency is accusing a person who is currently detained at her majesty's pleasure of terrorism on the streets of London, it shows either total incompetence or malice.

The irony, of course, is that this mainstream journalist posted his social media warning on Twitter.

'warning us all to be salient about ...' what does that mean?

yes, even good news sources make mistakes - which they quickly correct. and your preferred alternative to this is twitter .... hahahahahahahahaha ha. because as events unfold everything on twitter is obviously true.

as ever let's cut to the chase. you want people to mistrust all news media so you can spread nonsense in place of news. if no one can be believed anything goes. you are just steve bannon's prettier face.

Bl00dy hell on 07:59 - Mar 23 with 865 viewsgiant_stow

Bl00dy hell on 23:35 - Mar 22 by caught-in-limbo

Personally, I took the pretty info graphic as a warning on all media sources. It reminded me of what you get taught at uni re trusting sources of info.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024