Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
it doesn't really matter and I know it's how some people choose to cope 18:32 - Mar 22 with 4088 viewsIllinoisblue

but the prayforlondon hashtag and other trite graphics (no surrender across a British flag) across social media really irritate me.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

it doesn't really matter and I know it's how some people choose to cope on 18:34 - Mar 22 with 2416 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

And me.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

it doesn't really matter and I know it's how some people choose to cope on 18:38 - Mar 22 with 2392 viewsfactual_blue

No Surrender and the Union Flag have some unpleasant connotations, what with them being associated with terrorists like the UVF.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2017 19:14]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

it doesn't really matter and I know it's how some people choose to cope on 18:43 - Mar 22 with 2360 viewsSteve_M

Yes, I thought the same thing earlier. Somewhat less religion is required not more.

Flags on Facebook avatars are as bad. Tokenism.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

it doesn't really matter and I know it's how some people choose to cope on 18:46 - Mar 22 with 2340 viewsWickhamsLeftBoot

That and the flag profile picture on Facebook really irritate me.
it doesn't really matter and I know it's how some people choose to cope on 18:46 - Mar 22 with 2336 viewsGlasgowBlue

it doesn't really matter and I know it's how some people choose to cope on 18:43 - Mar 22 by Steve_M

Yes, I thought the same thing earlier. Somewhat less religion is required not more.

Flags on Facebook avatars are as bad. Tokenism.

I don't think I'll bother with facebook today. It will be full of anti immigrant crap.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

it doesn't really matter and I know it's how some people choose to cope on 18:56 - Mar 22 with 2290 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

it doesn't really matter and I know it's how some people choose to cope on 18:57 - Mar 22 with 2286 viewsJ2BLUE

I despise the #prayfor hashtag. Was your god asleep when allowing it to happen and if he can't control what happens why bother praying in the first place?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

it doesn't really matter and I know it's how some people choose to cope on 18:58 - Mar 22 with 2272 viewsvapour_trail

it doesn't really matter and I know it's how some people choose to cope on 18:46 - Mar 22 by GlasgowBlue

I don't think I'll bother with facebook today. It will be full of anti immigrant crap.

You have sh1t friends.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Login to get fewer ads

it doesn't really matter and I know it's how some people choose to cope on 19:02 - Mar 22 with 2232 viewsIllinoisblue

it doesn't really matter and I know it's how some people choose to cope on 18:56 - Mar 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

too perfect

62 - 78 - 81

it doesn't really matter and I know it's how some people choose to cope on 19:05 - Mar 22 with 2204 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

it doesn't really matter and I know it's how some people choose to cope on 19:02 - Mar 22 by Illinoisblue

too perfect

It's ' The Society of the Spectacle'

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

it doesn't really matter and I know it's how some people choose to cope on 19:06 - Mar 22 with 2186 viewsvapour_trail

it doesn't really matter and I know it's how some people choose to cope on 19:02 - Mar 22 by Illinoisblue

too perfect

Apart from blame bush

Can't wait for the Donald's considered observations.

it doesn't really matter and I know it's how some people choose to cope on 19:13 - Mar 22 with 2140 viewsIllinoisblue

it doesn't really matter and I know it's how some people choose to cope on 19:06 - Mar 22 by vapour_trail

Apart from blame bush

Can't wait for the Donald's considered observations.

I'm sure it will a measured and well thought-out response and not a crass rush to judgement.

62 - 78 - 81

it doesn't really matter and I know it's how some people choose to cope on 19:25 - Mar 22 with 2093 viewsRyorry

I think it's just people feeling a grief or great sadness, and wanting to express a feeling of sympathy and solidarity somehow. It's not at all easy for many of us to find the right words for such things as happened earlier, and social media is one of the few ways of expressing these things that we have.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

it doesn't really matter and I know it's how some people choose to cope on 19:30 - Mar 22 with 2081 viewsvapour_trail

it doesn't really matter and I know it's how some people choose to cope on 19:25 - Mar 22 by Ryorry

I think it's just people feeling a grief or great sadness, and wanting to express a feeling of sympathy and solidarity somehow. It's not at all easy for many of us to find the right words for such things as happened earlier, and social media is one of the few ways of expressing these things that we have.

Nah, it's irritating in extremis and steeped in that horrendous few weeks after Diana died.

it doesn't really matter and I know it's how some people choose to cope on 19:37 - Mar 22 with 2039 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

it doesn't really matter and I know it's how some people choose to cope on 19:05 - Mar 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

It's ' The Society of the Spectacle'

It's that thickos are the prevalent users of social media
it doesn't really matter and I know it's how some people choose to cope on 20:03 - Mar 22 with 1973 viewsRyorry

it doesn't really matter and I know it's how some people choose to cope on 19:37 - Mar 22 by FrowsyArmLarry

It's that thickos are the prevalent users of social media

But you used social media to say that ...

it doesn't really matter and I know it's how some people choose to cope on 20:17 - Mar 22 with 1921 viewsIllinoisblue

it doesn't really matter and I know it's how some people choose to cope on 20:03 - Mar 22 by Ryorry

But you used social media to say that ...

do football message boards fall under the category of social media? I'd say, no.

62 - 78 - 81

it doesn't really matter and I know it's how some people choose to cope on 20:20 - Mar 22 with 1910 viewsRyorry

it doesn't really matter and I know it's how some people choose to cope on 20:17 - Mar 22 by Illinoisblue

do football message boards fall under the category of social media? I'd say, no.

I know they're not usually deemed to be under the same brolly as fb & twitter, but the bare bones of what they do in terms of functionality is the same - communicate directly with a very large number of people online on a wide variety of topics, including current events, sport, humour, the arts etc.

it doesn't really matter and I know it's how some people choose to cope on 20:33 - Mar 22 with 1864 viewsitfcjoe

Virtue signalling

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

it doesn't really matter and I know it's how some people choose to cope on 20:35 - Mar 22 with 1853 viewsRyorry

it doesn't really matter and I know it's how some people choose to cope on 20:33 - Mar 22 by itfcjoe

Virtue signalling

Bit insulting that.

Not in my case.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2017 20:36]

it doesn't really matter and I know it's how some people choose to cope on 21:18 - Mar 22 with 1800 viewsBlueBadger

it doesn't really matter and I know it's how some people choose to cope on 20:33 - Mar 22 by itfcjoe

Virtue signalling

If there's one right wing w*nkers term I really loathe, it's 'virtue signalling'. Up there with 'do gooder' for sheer sh*twitted wilful, mealy mouthed, ignorance.

I LIKE IT when people do nice things and you hear about it.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

it doesn't really matter and I know it's how some people choose to cope on 21:19 - Mar 22 with 1792 viewsBlueBadger

it doesn't really matter and I know it's how some people choose to cope on 21:18 - Mar 22 by BlueBadger

If there's one right wing w*nkers term I really loathe, it's 'virtue signalling'. Up there with 'do gooder' for sheer sh*twitted wilful, mealy mouthed, ignorance.

I LIKE IT when people do nice things and you hear about it.

Blimey. Sorry you caught this rant Joe, you've alway seemed like a good egg.

It's been a rough 'un today.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

it doesn't really matter and I know it's how some people choose to cope on 21:22 - Mar 22 with 1775 viewsRyorry

it doesn't really matter and I know it's how some people choose to cope on 21:19 - Mar 22 by BlueBadger

Blimey. Sorry you caught this rant Joe, you've alway seemed like a good egg.

It's been a rough 'un today.

Can't remember where you work Badger - were you caught up in this?

it doesn't really matter and I know it's how some people choose to cope on 21:35 - Mar 22 with 1739 viewsBlueBadger

it doesn't really matter and I know it's how some people choose to cope on 21:22 - Mar 22 by Ryorry

Can't remember where you work Badger - were you caught up in this?

It's A Local Hospital. Miles away from today's goings-on in the wider world, I've just spent a large part of the day cooped up in a side room with avery sick chap with Something Very Nasty Indeed, who, despite mine(and most of the rest of the team's efforts) has failed to get better.

Final act of the day was to accompany the consultant to have a word with his wife and teenage daughter to the effect of 'we're not giving up on him, but it doesn't look like he'll survive the night'.

it doesn't really matter and I know it's how some people choose to cope on 21:52 - Mar 22 with 1693 viewsWeWereZombies

it doesn't really matter and I know it's how some people choose to cope on 18:57 - Mar 22 by J2BLUE

I despise the #prayfor hashtag. Was your god asleep when allowing it to happen and if he can't control what happens why bother praying in the first place?

But the free will argument that religions use is a bit more nuanced than that, isn't it? God may be omnipotent but if he controlled everything we did to ensure bad things did not happen then we would just be automatons. So our lives are richer because we have rights and duties, however we do not have the perfection of a god so we err when exercising free will.

All very neat but it does not account for the misfortune of one being the benefit of another. In reality we strive to attain a world without evil and assume we have the free will to do so but each of us carries the conditioning of our past and the constraints of the people we live amongst which prevent us from realising a world that benefits all as much as possible.

And then there is the view that god is a technician who, SIM City like, set up some starting conditions and then fecked off and left us to get on with it.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024