Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Germany England 19:22 - Mar 22 with 2649 viewsSamuelowen88

I assume Germany have a national stadium? So how come the game tonight isnt there?

England play all friendlies at wembly dont they?

Poll: England v Wales Score

Germany England on 19:24 - Mar 22 with 2199 viewsSarge

They don't have a national stadium, they just rotate.
Germany England on 19:27 - Mar 22 with 2180 viewsSamuelowen88

Germany England on 19:24 - Mar 22 by Sarge

Seriously?
Bit strange isnt it?

Germany England on 19:31 - Mar 22 with 2159 viewsGeoffSentence

Germany England on 19:27 - Mar 22 by Samuelowen88

Seriously?
Bit strange isnt it?

I thought it was great when England did it whilst Wembley was being built. The national team playing throughout the entire nation. I think it is more odd for England to play their home games at just Wembley.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Germany England on 19:40 - Mar 22 with 2102 viewsEastTownBlue

Germany England on 19:27 - Mar 22 by Samuelowen88

Seriously?
Bit strange isnt it?

Not really. Germany, Spain and Italy don't have national stadiums for football matches.
Germany England on 19:40 - Mar 22 with 2105 viewsLord_Lucan

Germany England on 19:24 - Mar 22 by Sarge

Quite a few countries don't have one.

Spain, France (The stad de thingy is a Rugby stadium), Do Belgium and Holland have one? I don't think they do do they?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Germany England on 19:41 - Mar 22 with 2097 viewstractordownsouth

Germany England on 19:40 - Mar 22 by Lord_Lucan

Spain, France (The stad de thingy is a Rugby stadium), Do Belgium and Holland have one? I don't think they do do they?

Think the Netherlands play at Ajax's ground.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Germany England on 19:47 - Mar 22 with 2064 viewsLord_Lucan

Germany England on 19:41 - Mar 22 by tractordownsouth

Think the Netherlands play at Ajax's ground.

Yes but it isn't a national stadium though is it. Thinking about it I can't think off the top of my head who does have a national stadium apart from Brazil.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Germany England on 19:51 - Mar 22 with 2041 viewsSamuelowen88

There was me thinking most have a national stadium. Appears its England in the minority then.

Login to get fewer ads

Germany England on 19:52 - Mar 22 with 2035 viewstractordownsouth

Germany England on 19:47 - Mar 22 by Lord_Lucan

Yes but it isn't a national stadium though is it. Thinking about it I can't think off the top of my head who does have a national stadium apart from Brazil.

Yeah i know, I wasn't saying it was haha I think you got the wrong end of the stick

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Germany England on 20:38 - Mar 22 with 1965 viewsCrock

Brazil does not have a national stadium.

Poll: Favourite number?

Germany England on 20:55 - Mar 22 with 1905 viewsLord_Lucan

Germany England on 20:38 - Mar 22 by Crock

Brazil does not have a national stadium.

Isn't the Maracanã a national stadium?

Germany England on 21:23 - Mar 22 with 1850 viewsCrock

Germany England on 20:55 - Mar 22 by Lord_Lucan

No. They rotate like the Germans, Italians and Spaniards.

Poll: Favourite number?

Germany England on 21:30 - Mar 22 with 1826 viewschristiand

Yes, so the FA can make as much money as possible!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Germany England on 21:35 - Mar 22 with 1808 viewsstonojnr

Germany England on 20:55 - Mar 22 by Lord_Lucan

based on the pictures of abandoned Rio Olympic venues, its not being used for anything.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-4210996/Rio-2016-s-venues-a
Germany England on 21:49 - Mar 22 with 1782 viewsMattinLondon

Germany England on 19:40 - Mar 22 by Lord_Lucan

The stade du France was built for the 1998 World Cup
Germany England on 23:16 - Mar 22 with 1698 viewslinhdi

France, Scotland, N Ireland. Republic of Ireland. England. Sweden. Finland. Slovenia. Slovakia.

Includes some national stadia also used by a club side, but I think that counts so long as the club side doesn't own the stadium.
Germany England on 08:23 - Mar 23 with 1564 viewsVaughan8

It was great when England had one (maybe 2?) qualifying campaign when Wembley wasn't available and the game went around the country. Then everyone can have a game near(ish) to them.

Remember that friendly and Portman Road? I'm sure a lot of people on here were there for that one!
Germany England on 08:39 - Mar 23 with 1539 viewsNo9

It look as though when the FA put vast sums of money into Wembley other nations psend that on coaches and facilities down the ladder
Germany England on 12:42 - Mar 23 with 1463 viewsTractorWood

Was in Dortmund last night at the game. Fantastic ground. I hate sterilised national stadiums and love touring all the different grounds of Europe. That ground is up there with the stade velodrome IMO. Here's a pic:

[Post edited 23 Mar 2017 12:43]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Germany England on 12:53 - Mar 23 with 1418 viewsReuser_is_God

Germany England on 12:42 - Mar 23 by TractorWood

Was in Dortmund last night at the game. Fantastic ground. I hate sterilised national stadiums and love touring all the different grounds of Europe. That ground is up there with the stade velodrome IMO. Here's a pic:

[Post edited 23 Mar 2017 12:43]

Good stuff.

Felt we played well last night, was that the general consensus of those at the game too?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Germany England on 12:56 - Mar 23 with 1405 viewsTractorCam

Most games are played in the Olympiastadion Berlin but definitely isn't where they are guaranteed to play like England at Wembley

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Germany England on 14:48 - Mar 23 with 1340 viewsTractorWood

Germany England on 12:53 - Mar 23 by Reuser_is_God

Good stuff.

Felt we played well last night, was that the general consensus of those at the game too?

Yeah played really well first half. Bit criminal not taking our chances. We restricted them well but when they scored our confidence looked shot and then they sensed blood. Great goal from Podolski but thought the pageantry of his last game was a bit much.

Germany England on 14:50 - Mar 23 with 1324 viewsGeoffSentence

Germany England on 14:48 - Mar 23 by TractorWood

Yeah played really well first half. Bit criminal not taking our chances. We restricted them well but when they scored our confidence looked shot and then they sensed blood. Great goal from Podolski but thought the pageantry of his last game was a bit much.

Did you boo the anthem and sing 'ten german bombers'?

Germany England on 14:58 - Mar 23 with 1314 viewsTractorWood

Germany England on 14:50 - Mar 23 by GeoffSentence

Did you boo the anthem and sing 'ten german bombers'?

Absolutely not. I find these songs not only hugely distasteful but completely irrelevant. I have been to most cities and regions in Germany and have found the people, places and food nothing short of excellent. Probably the most underated country to visit in Europe, particularly the Rheinland and Berlin.

After studying German at school and maybe a dozen trips, I have managed to become dimly conversant. Probably best not to assume everyone who follows England is a bigoted abysmal, not that I am denying that this element certainly does exist.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2017 15:00]

Germany England on 15:02 - Mar 23 with 1289 viewsGeoffSentence

Germany England on 14:58 - Mar 23 by TractorWood

Absolutely not. I find these songs not only hugely distasteful but completely irrelevant. I have been to most cities and regions in Germany and have found the people, places and food nothing short of excellent. Probably the most underated country to visit in Europe, particularly the Rheinland and Berlin.

After studying German at school and maybe a dozen trips, I have managed to become dimly conversant. Probably best not to assume everyone who follows England is a bigoted abysmal, not that I am denying that this element certainly does exist.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2017 15:00]

Ten German Bombers could be heard loud and clear on the telly box last night and it has attracted a fair bit of attention in the media today, which is a shame as it is a blight on proper England supporters.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024