Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Latest police statement 22:30 - Mar 22 with 3034 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

3 members of public dead. 1 police officer dead. 1 Attacker dead.

40 people injured. 3 of which are police and two are in a serious condition.

The number has gradually grown all day. It was believed to be just 4 to 12 injured earlier.

Awful stuff

RIP

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Latest police statement on 09:40 - Mar 23 with 747 viewsBenters

Latest police statement on 09:36 - Mar 23 by dryas

Attacker.

Mug ! why dont you just call him a 'freedom fighter' ?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Latest police statement on 10:09 - Mar 23 with 731 viewsdryas

Latest police statement on 09:40 - Mar 23 by Benters

Mug ! why dont you just call him a 'freedom fighter' ?

Because I have no idea what motivated him. Nor do you.
Latest police statement on 10:15 - Mar 23 with 726 viewsBenters

Latest police statement on 10:09 - Mar 23 by dryas

Being a Radical Muslim didnt help .It has been linked to Islamic terror.

Look its not hard is it a man carried out a terrorist act yesterday in London therefore he was a terrorist .

Why do some of you on here find it so hard to accept there are people living in this country who hate us and our way of life?

7 people have been held in connection with it already.

Gentlybentley

Latest police statement on 10:19 - Mar 23 with 717 viewsPinewoodblue

Latest police statement on 10:09 - Mar 23 by dryas

There appears to have been a randomness about his actions. Looks as if he only crashed the car where he did as there was a large group of people standing there. He had to run some distance to get to the open gates.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Latest police statement on 10:27 - Mar 23 with 711 viewsdryas

Latest police statement on 10:15 - Mar 23 by Benters

Being a Radical Muslim didnt help .It has been linked to Islamic terror.

Look its not hard is it a man carried out a terrorist act yesterday in London therefore he was a terrorist .

Why do some of you on here find it so hard to accept there are people living in this country who hate us and our way of life?

7 people have been held in connection with it already.

Things are not as clear cut as you seem to believe in most of your posts. It rather depends upon how you define terrorism doesn't it? For example, this is how some dictionaries define it:

Cambridge Dictionary: (threats of) violent action for political purposes

Oxford English Dictionary: the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

Was the perpetrators aim political? I have no idea. How will an act like that intimidate and to what end? I have no idea if he hates my way of life or indeed how you would define that. Yesterday was marked by our politicians making typically appropriate and inappropriate statements - some glowing tributes to the work of the police and emergency services mixed with meaningless and unhelpful tripe about "our way of life", "hate" etc.

The definition of terrorism is somewhat more complex than simply looking in a dictionary, but based upon our traditional understanding of it then I'm not sure this kind of violent criminal behaviour fits, nor is it a helpful characterisation. Just my opinion of course, but then I've never been one to blindly accept what I'm told.
Latest police statement on 10:30 - Mar 23 with 698 viewsGlasgowBlue

Latest police statement on 10:27 - Mar 23 by dryas

Things are not as clear cut as you seem to believe in most of your posts. It rather depends upon how you define terrorism doesn't it? For example, this is how some dictionaries define it:

Oxford English Dictionary: the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

Was the perpetrators aim political? I have no idea. How will an act like that intimidate and to what end? I have no idea if he hates my way of life or indeed how you would define that. Yesterday was marked by our politicians making typically appropriate and inappropriate statements - some glowing tributes to the work of the police and emergency services mixed with meaningless and unhelpful tripe about "our way of life", "hate" etc.

The definition of terrorism is somewhat more complex than simply looking in a dictionary, but based upon our traditional understanding of it then I'm not sure this kind of violent criminal behaviour fits, nor is it a helpful characterisation. Just my opinion of course, but then I've never been one to blindly accept what I'm told.

4 dead and as many as 40 injured and you are arguing the toss over the definition of terrorism.

Show some respect and give it a rest.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Latest police statement on 10:38 - Mar 23 with 682 viewscaught-in-limbo

Latest police statement on 10:30 - Mar 23 by GlasgowBlue

4 dead and as many as 40 injured and you are arguing the toss over the definition of terrorism.

I think you can question every aspect of this crime and still have utmost respect for anyone who was injured or lost their life.

In fact, failing to question any part of this because of injury or death is very dangerous whether it happens on the streets of London, Paris, Moscow or Tehran.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Latest police statement on 11:14 - Mar 23 with 632 viewsgiant_stow

Latest police statement on 10:27 - Mar 23 by dryas

Personally, I'd agree its too early to jump to conclusions about what motivated this person, but terrorism is a very safe working assumption, given he was known to the security services.

I'd also question why politicians talking about 'our way of life' and 'hate' is problematic? Its what people need to hear as a group - it helps get back to normality. I see no problem with that.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

Latest police statement on 11:25 - Mar 23 with 612 viewsDolly2.0

Latest police statement on 08:49 - Mar 23 by factual_blue

Westminster Bridge - pretty busy, lots of tourists so you can make an international impact, and you can kill somebody at the Houses of Parliament as well.

London Bridge - just commuters, and only markedly more busy than other bridges during rush hour.

This. I travel over both fairly regularly and it's as you say it. Lots of tourists on Westminster Bridge throughout the day, getting selfies with Big Ben in the background.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Latest police statement on 11:32 - Mar 23 with 583 viewsBenters

Latest police statement on 11:25 - Mar 23 by Dolly2.0

This. I travel over both fairly regularly and it's as you say it. Lots of tourists on Westminster Bridge throughout the day, getting selfies with Big Ben in the background.

I walked over that to get to Lambeth pier to get on one of those party boat jobbies.

It funny how things come back to you,seeing those school children coming out of Parliament reminded me i did that school trip as a sprog.

We live in terrible times.

Gentlybentley

Latest police statement on 11:33 - Mar 23 with 576 viewsGlasgowBlue

Latest police statement on 11:25 - Mar 23 by Dolly2.0

The last time I was at Westminster was for the refugee action march but the time before that was with the family and Westminster Bridge was absolutely chocca. To the extent that the kids were clinging on to me and the Mrs so we didn't get separated.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Latest police statement on 14:01 - Mar 23 with 522 viewsDolly2.0

Latest police statement on 11:33 - Mar 23 by GlasgowBlue

The last time I was at Westminster was for the refugee action march but the time before that was with the family and Westminster Bridge was absolutely chocca. To the extent that the kids were clinging on to me and the Mrs so we didn't get separated.

Yeah it's always very busy. Cycling along, pedestrians are almost falling off the pavement in front of you it's so rammed. You even have people who've just got married having photos with Big Ben in the back ground. Then there's photo opportunities of the London Eye at the other end.

Far busier than London Bridge IMO.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Latest police statement on 14:17 - Mar 23 with 492 viewsvapour_trail

Latest police statement on 10:30 - Mar 23 by GlasgowBlue

Don't be silly. Expressing an opinion isn't disrespectful.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024