Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Latest police statement 22:30 - Mar 22 with 3031 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

3 members of public dead. 1 police officer dead. 1 Attacker dead.

40 people injured. 3 of which are police and two are in a serious condition.

The number has gradually grown all day. It was believed to be just 4 to 12 injured earlier.

Awful stuff

RIP

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Latest police statement on 22:38 - Mar 22 with 2242 viewssoupytwist

Police officer was 48 with 13 years service, probably had been in the military before becoming a police officer in that case.

Slightly off topic but Mr Rowley the senior Met bloke isn't the most convincing public speaker I've ever seen
Latest police statement on 22:43 - Mar 22 with 2216 viewsLord_Lucan

Latest police statement on 22:38 - Mar 22 by soupytwist

Police officer was 48 with 13 years service, probably had been in the military before becoming a police officer in that case.

Slightly off topic but Mr Rowley the senior Met bloke isn't the most convincing public speaker I've ever seen

The crazy thing is - and I suspect things will now change and quite rightly so.

Some of the coppers outside the HOP are just glorified tourist attractions. They are unarmed and spend all day every day posing for photos with tourists.

Last year I took a Dutch bird I know to London and she wanted to see all the sights. Outside The HOP I took a photo of her with a copper. This copper had a queue of tourists waiting to take selfies, He was like Micky Mouse in Disneyland.

I hope it wasn't him.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Latest police statement on 22:59 - Mar 22 with 2131 viewsfactual_blue

Latest police statement on 22:43 - Mar 22 by Lord_Lucan

Some of the coppers outside the HOP are just glorified tourist attractions. They are unarmed and spend all day every day posing for photos with tourists.

Last year I took a Dutch bird I know to London and she wanted to see all the sights. Outside The HOP I took a photo of her with a copper. This copper had a queue of tourists waiting to take selfies, He was like Micky Mouse in Disneyland.

I hope it wasn't him.

PC Keith Palmer.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Latest police statement on 23:05 - Mar 22 with 2114 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I hope it wasn't him.

He was unarmed and seen in people's selfies smiling and posing 10 minutes before the attack apparently

Very sad

Latest police statement on 23:10 - Mar 22 with 2091 viewsElderGrizzly

I hope it wasn't him.

They usually have heavily armed police standing just to the side of them, or a few feet behind.

Attack was clearly well planned as he drive to the one of the only open gates into the HoP.

Very sad and almost nothing that could be done to stop it. We stop enough plots every month, but this one just was virtually unstoppable. I'd expect we'll see a knee-jerk reaction and deeper cordons around the HoP now too
Latest police statement on 23:25 - Mar 22 with 2049 viewsLord_Lucan

Latest police statement on 23:10 - Mar 22 by ElderGrizzly

They usually have heavily armed police standing just to the side of them, or a few feet behind.

Attack was clearly well planned as he drive to the one of the only open gates into the HoP.

Very sad and almost nothing that could be done to stop it. We stop enough plots every month, but this one just was virtually unstoppable. I'd expect we'll see a knee-jerk reaction and deeper cordons around the HoP now too

Really? Could it have been luck that he chose that gate? I obviously don't know.

Seems to me though that I would think that his death target in his mind would have been more than four. I know it's no consolation to the nearest and dearest who died but four deaths in a suicide attack? I think we got away lightly.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Latest police statement on 23:27 - Mar 22 with 2034 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Latest police statement on 23:25 - Mar 22 by Lord_Lucan

Really? Could it have been luck that he chose that gate? I obviously don't know.

Seems to me though that I would think that his death target in his mind would have been more than four. I know it's no consolation to the nearest and dearest who died but four deaths in a suicide attack? I think we got away lightly.

It's a really sad sign of the times when the majority (myself included) probably agree with your last sentence Lucan.

Only four is still of course four too many

Latest police statement on 08:20 - Mar 23 with 1790 viewsvapour_trail

Clearly you're the expert here, and I'm the layman.

But when you say very well planned, isn't this Intel that the fella could have gained from a leisurely afternoon wandering around the area?

He seems a bit of a feckwit to me to have *only* taken out four people. I agree with Lucan, it feels we have escaped relatively light from this one.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Login to get fewer ads

Latest police statement on 08:28 - Mar 23 with 1766 viewsWeWereZombies

Latest police statement on 08:20 - Mar 23 by vapour_trail

But when you say very well planned, isn't this Intel that the fella could have gained from a leisurely afternoon wandering around the area?

He seems a bit of a feckwit to me to have *only* taken out four people. I agree with Lucan, it feels we have escaped relatively light from this one.

Disagree, if his (or her - not been named yet) intent was to murder as many as possible they would have driven off the road at a point where they saw crowds. The latest reports say they drove along the pavement over Westminster Bridge and then into the railings, Sounds like they had an intent to get as far as they could inside the Houses of Parliament.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Latest police statement on 08:31 - Mar 23 with 1747 viewsThePitBoss

Latest police statement on 08:20 - Mar 23 by vapour_trail

He ran over or stabbed 30 people. 7 are still critical.
Latest police statement on 08:32 - Mar 23 with 1741 viewsvapour_trail

Latest police statement on 08:28 - Mar 23 by WeWereZombies

Disagree, if his (or her - not been named yet) intent was to murder as many as possible they would have driven off the road at a point where they saw crowds. The latest reports say they drove along the pavement over Westminster Bridge and then into the railings, Sounds like they had an intent to get as far as they could inside the Houses of Parliament.

As bridges go, it's not the busiest for pedestrians in town. Head to London Bridge if you want volume of people.

And if he planned to make inroads into the HoP, then he was most certainly a feckwit. He never stood a chance. I'm surprised he was able to take the copper down after mowing his car into the railings.

Latest police statement on 08:33 - Mar 23 with 1734 viewsimsureazzure

Latest police statement on 22:38 - Mar 22 by soupytwist

Ex Royal Artillery.
Latest police statement on 08:38 - Mar 23 with 1698 viewsPendejo

Latest police statement on 08:32 - Mar 23 by vapour_trail

As bridges go, it's not the busiest for pedestrians in town. Head to London Bridge if you want volume of people.

And if he planned to make inroads into the HoP, then he was most certainly a feckwit. He never stood a chance. I'm surprised he was able to take the copper down after mowing his car into the railings.

HoP / Westminster Bridge has more impact worldwide than London Bridge.

Taking down the Policeman came seconds after the other items and unless there's a Sky player cam setup to follow him everywhere, at the point h attacked the Policeman he could have been A.N.Other tourist / passerby caught up in the incident. In situations like this confusion reigns, hence why an organised band of terrorists with an agenda are able to make significant inroads when they spring a surprise attack.

Vehicles are now the weapon of choice for these nutjubs; really easy to get hold of and don't grab the attention that bulk purchase of fertiliser or such like.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Latest police statement on 08:42 - Mar 23 with 1663 viewsWeWereZombies

Well my point was that he (or she) drove along the pavement to get a line onto the one open gate, it sounds like there was some element of pre-planning. As to his or her mental state I think we can assume that they were not expecting to get out of the attack alive but just to make as much of an impact as they could - to some extent they have succeeded unfortunately.

Latest police statement on 08:49 - Mar 23 with 1634 viewsGlasgowBlue

Latest police statement on 08:42 - Mar 23 by WeWereZombies

Well my point was that he (or she) drove along the pavement to get a line onto the one open gate, it sounds like there was some element of pre-planning. As to his or her mental state I think we can assume that they were not expecting to get out of the attack alive but just to make as much of an impact as they could - to some extent they have succeeded unfortunately.

You keep saying he or she. Photographs show the attacker was a man and the media are saying "he".

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Latest police statement on 08:49 - Mar 23 with 1635 viewsfactual_blue

Westminster Bridge - pretty busy, lots of tourists so you can make an international impact, and you can kill somebody at the Houses of Parliament as well.

London Bridge - just commuters, and only markedly more busy than other bridges during rush hour.

Latest police statement on 08:51 - Mar 23 with 1623 viewsfactual_blue

Latest police statement on 08:38 - Mar 23 by Pendejo

Taking down the Policeman came seconds after the other items and unless there's a Sky player cam setup to follow him everywhere, at the point h attacked the Policeman he could have been A.N.Other tourist / passerby caught up in the incident. In situations like this confusion reigns, hence why an organised band of terrorists with an agenda are able to make significant inroads when they spring a surprise attack.

Vehicles are now the weapon of choice for these nutjubs; really easy to get hold of and don't grab the attention that bulk purchase of fertiliser or such like.

Sorry - I've duplicated much of what you say. I would think most people's reaction when a vehicle crashes would be to try to help anybody who is hurt. You're not going to expect them to leap out and stab you.

Latest police statement on 08:55 - Mar 23 with 1597 viewsvapour_trail

Latest police statement on 08:38 - Mar 23 by Pendejo

Yes, I think the significance of the venue appears to be key, check the headlines this morning of attacks at the heart of democracy.

It's crude analysis, but I think attacks such as Nice with greater human consequence have greater cultural impact, grim as yesterday was.

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:01 - Mar 23 with 1566 viewsvapour_trail

Latest police statement on 08:49 - Mar 23 by factual_blue

Westminster Bridge - pretty busy, lots of tourists so you can make an international impact, and you can kill somebody at the Houses of Parliament as well.

London Bridge - just commuters, and only markedly more busy than other bridges during rush hour.

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:02 - Mar 23 with 1556 viewsfactual_blue

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:01 - Mar 23 by vapour_trail

I totally agree.

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:09 - Mar 23 with 1533 viewsvapour_trail

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:02 - Mar 23 by factual_blue

I totally agree.

That's me at my most insightful, right there.

Latest police statement on 09:12 - Mar 23 with 1526 viewsBenters

1 Attacker = 1 Terrorist surely ?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Latest police statement on 09:18 - Mar 23 with 1505 viewsWeWereZombies

Latest police statement on 08:49 - Mar 23 by GlasgowBlue

You keep saying he or she. Photographs show the attacker was a man and the media are saying "he".

Apologies, I have not made a detailed study of the photos, bit of a ghoulish thing to do. I guess I was being a bit too cautious...

Latest police statement on 09:19 - Mar 23 with 1501 viewssoupytwist

The graphic on this page suggests that the attacker crashed into the railings and then got to the gate on foot

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39355108

Probably only a matter of seconds if you run from the crashed car to the gate.
Latest police statement on 09:36 - Mar 23 with 1453 viewsdryas

Latest police statement on 09:12 - Mar 23 by Benters

1 Attacker = 1 Terrorist surely ?

Attacker.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024