Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huddersfield ST 09:05 - Mar 23 with 3913 viewsyorkshireblue

Their 2016/17 season ST prices have been rightly applauded. They have released 2017/18 prices today... £199 in all areas.

http://www.htafc.com/news/article/2016-17/huddersfield-town-season-cards-201718-
Huddersfield ST on 09:07 - Mar 23 with 2100 viewsitfcjoe

Whilst we get it very wrong down here, they continue to get it very right up there

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Huddersfield ST on 09:09 - Mar 23 with 2089 viewsReuser_is_God

Huddersfield ST on 09:07 - Mar 23 by itfcjoe

Whilst we get it very wrong down here, they continue to get it very right up there

You know the 'we've done it because others have' fob off, why don't they do what Huddersfield do?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Huddersfield ST on 09:10 - Mar 23 with 2082 viewsNo9

Huddersfield ST on 09:07 - Mar 23 by itfcjoe

How do Huddersfield manage to to it?
That is the importan question
Huddersfield ST on 09:12 - Mar 23 with 2075 viewshype313

Huddersfield ST on 09:10 - Mar 23 by No9

They have no choice, far more competition around that area, and it is also a Rugby League hotbed.

Our clubs nearest rivals are at least 50 miles away (not including Col U) so they know they can get away with charging higher prices.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Huddersfield ST on 09:14 - Mar 23 with 2064 viewsJakeITFC

The problem is that it's an awful strategy if the results don't follow because you've trashed the value of the ticket.
Huddersfield ST on 09:16 - Mar 23 with 2035 viewsBenters

Great stuff nice to see a club thinking of its fans rather then bleeding them dry like town .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Huddersfield ST on 09:16 - Mar 23 with 2038 viewsNo9

Huddersfield ST on 09:12 - Mar 23 by hype313

They have no choice, far more competition around that area, and it is also a Rugby League hotbed.

Our clubs nearest rivals are at least 50 miles away (not including Col U) so they know they can get away with charging higher prices.

Your point is a good one but ifTowns management team can't make things pay with much higher season & gate ticket prices how does Huddersfield because the operating costs will not be that much different unless Town are paying much higher wages & have inefficient staffing levels
Huddersfield ST on 09:16 - Mar 23 with 2035 viewsyorkshireblue

It's also worth noting, when Dean Hoyle took over as chairman, he said anyone who has had a ST every year since he took over will get one for £100 should they ever reach the Premiership. He's said this week he will honour it.

(My colleague is one of 4,500 apparently who will qualify should they go up which is why I know this)
Login to get fewer ads

Huddersfield ST on 09:21 - Mar 23 with 1989 viewshype313

Care to elaborate tcnb?

Huddersfield ST on 09:21 - Mar 23 with 1986 viewsBenters

Huddersfield ST on 09:16 - Mar 23 by yorkshireblue

It's also worth noting, when Dean Hoyle took over as chairman, he said anyone who has had a ST every year since he took over will get one for £100 should they ever reach the Premiership. He's said this week he will honour it.

(My colleague is one of 4,500 apparently who will qualify should they go up which is why I know this)

Jeez they really have the feel good factor up there !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Huddersfield ST on 09:23 - Mar 23 with 1981 viewsNorthern_Blue81

Huddersfield ST on 09:14 - Mar 23 by JakeITFC

The problem is that it's an awful strategy if the results don't follow because you've trashed the value of the ticket.

Unlike us, they probably have confidence in their team and management structure and the fact good results will coincide with full houses and larger revenue streams.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2017 9:24]
Huddersfield ST on 09:28 - Mar 23 with 1959 viewsKieran_Knows

... and they forked out £1.2mil for a striker yesterday.

But hey, if we don't renew Mick/new manager won't have 2 pennies to rub together for our transfer fund.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2017 9:39]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Huddersfield ST on 09:28 - Mar 23 with 1952 viewsGuthrum

Huddersfield ST on 09:10 - Mar 23 by No9

Because they're prepared to subsidise ticket prices and spend money on players and a quality manager in an all-out attempt to achieve promotion.

If it works (which it's looking like it might), then brilliant.

If it fails, they could be in a worse position than us in a few years.

It's not that dissimilar to those teams like Wigan, Bradford and the old Wimbledon who used an injection of the owner's cash to propel themselves into the top tier.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Huddersfield ST on 09:28 - Mar 23 with 1954 viewsArnieM

To an extent you are correct. However the tide has very much turned now and Town can be at risk of losing their fans who might be willing to paying that bit more, and hopping on a train to see PL football at WHU, Spurs or Arsenal. Some, may even choose to take in the odd scum game (though I doubt there would be any serious conteders for that.

Ive been watching Town since 1968 and let me tell you if I hadnt got a 3 year ST with Town , Id be very much considering taking "a look" at WHU PL fixtures . Its not hard to get too.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2017 9:30]

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Huddersfield ST on 09:32 - Mar 23 with 1907 viewshype313

Huddersfield ST on 09:28 - Mar 23 by ArnieM

To an extent you are correct. However the tide has very much turned now and Town can be at risk of losing their fans who might be willing to paying that bit more, and hopping on a train to see PL football at WHU, Spurs or Arsenal. Some, may even choose to take in the odd scum game (though I doubt there would be any serious conteders for that.

Ive been watching Town since 1968 and let me tell you if I hadnt got a 3 year ST with Town , Id be very much considering taking "a look" at WHU PL fixtures . Its not hard to get too.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2017 9:30]

I agree with you on WHU, however even with our 1.5% increase, we are still way off what Arsenal and Spurs are charging.

Interestingly, we are more expensive than Barcelona, Real Madrid, Inter Milan, PSG and Bayern.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/price-of-football-2016-premier-league-s

Huddersfield ST on 09:35 - Mar 23 with 1892 viewsJakeITFC

Huddersfield ST on 09:23 - Mar 23 by Northern_Blue81

Unlike us, they probably have confidence in their team and management structure and the fact good results will coincide with full houses and larger revenue streams.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2017 9:24]

That confidence is likely to be misplaced more often that not, though (assuming everybody was to follow this model).
Huddersfield ST on 09:37 - Mar 23 with 1875 viewsArnieM

Huddersfield ST on 09:32 - Mar 23 by hype313

I agree with you on WHU, however even with our 1.5% increase, we are still way off what Arsenal and Spurs are charging.

Interestingly, we are more expensive than Barcelona, Real Madrid, Inter Milan, PSG and Bayern.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/price-of-football-2016-premier-league-s

I know the prices are a lot more, and fans would probably start by choosing the odd game and going on into London afterwardsperhaps. But they would be seeing the PL level of game, which has no comparision to the utter crap Town fans have had tow watch for years now.

Alternatively , Town fans ( once stooped coming ) will fond other outlets for their money on match days . The Club will not get these fans back easily.

Evans, whilst he appeared to "save" us a decade ago, since then he has been an unmittigated disaster for Town on so many fronts .

How the hell do we get rid of him ??

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Huddersfield ST on 09:38 - Mar 23 with 1870 viewsNorthern_Blue81

Huddersfield ST on 09:35 - Mar 23 by JakeITFC

That confidence is likely to be misplaced more often that not, though (assuming everybody was to follow this model).

There has to confidence in what you are doing. Otherwise what is the point?
Huddersfield ST on 09:38 - Mar 23 with 1868 viewshype313

Huddersfield ST on 09:37 - Mar 23 by ArnieM

I know the prices are a lot more, and fans would probably start by choosing the odd game and going on into London afterwardsperhaps. But they would be seeing the PL level of game, which has no comparision to the utter crap Town fans have had tow watch for years now.

Alternatively , Town fans ( once stooped coming ) will fond other outlets for their money on match days . The Club will not get these fans back easily.

Evans, whilst he appeared to "save" us a decade ago, since then he has been an unmittigated disaster for Town on so many fronts .

How the hell do we get rid of him ??

We can't, only one person and one person only can remove Evans and that's him, but he isn't going to do that in a hurry.

Huddersfield ST on 09:39 - Mar 23 with 1857 viewsReuser_is_God

Huddersfield ST on 09:28 - Mar 23 by Kieran_Knows

... and they forked out £1.2mil for a striker yesterday.

But hey, if we don't renew Mick/new manager won't have 2 pennies to rub together for our transfer fund.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2017 9:39]

He wouldn't have 2 pennies to rub together anyway.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Huddersfield ST on 09:40 - Mar 23 with 1851 viewsKieran_Knows

Huddersfield ST on 09:39 - Mar 23 by Reuser_is_God

He wouldn't have 2 pennies to rub together anyway.

Well, true. But still, were the bad guys for not renewing.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Huddersfield ST on 09:55 - Mar 23 with 1816 viewsDeano69

Its a great idea as a 'spot fix' but not really sustainable. I fully applaud (and slightly envious) they are trying this sort of thing out, if only we have some creativity on and off the pitch down here. Our lack of ingenuity (on and off the pitch) is equally unsustainable

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Huddersfield ST on 10:00 - Mar 23 with 1792 viewsartsbossbeard

Huddersfield ST on 09:16 - Mar 23 by Benters

Great stuff nice to see a club thinking of its fans rather then bleeding them dry like town .

What's your "buy in" season ticket cost, Benters?

Somewhere around the £200 mark?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Huddersfield ST on 10:09 - Mar 23 with 1748 viewsNo9

Huddersfield ST on 09:28 - Mar 23 by Guthrum

Because they're prepared to subsidise ticket prices and spend money on players and a quality manager in an all-out attempt to achieve promotion.

If it works (which it's looking like it might), then brilliant.

If it fails, they could be in a worse position than us in a few years.

It's not that dissimilar to those teams like Wigan, Bradford and the old Wimbledon who used an injection of the owner's cash to propel themselves into the top tier.

I agree, & the reality of the situation is that Mr Evans has taken that route, it didn't work and is now reluctant to go that route again.
I fear we must consider the reality is that his business plan now say survivial one division down then re-build ??
Huddersfield ST on 10:13 - Mar 23 with 1724 viewsPinewoodblue

Interesting that the price is the same for all main areas. If Evans decided to do something similar and charge £250 for all seats in SBR & SAR where would you sit?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024