Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huddersfield ST 09:05 - Mar 23 with 3918 viewsyorkshireblue

Their 2016/17 season ST prices have been rightly applauded. They have released 2017/18 prices today... £199 in all areas.

http://www.htafc.com/news/article/2016-17/huddersfield-town-season-cards-201718-
Huddersfield ST on 10:14 - Mar 23 with 943 viewsITFC_Forever

Huddersfield ST on 10:13 - Mar 23 by Pinewoodblue

Interesting that the price is the same for all main areas. If Evans decided to do something similar and charge £250 for all seats in SBR & SAR where would you sit?

Most would say "at home".

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Huddersfield ST on 10:19 - Mar 23 with 926 viewsBenters

Huddersfield ST on 10:00 - Mar 23 by artsbossbeard

What's your "buy in" season ticket cost, Benters?

Somewhere around the £200 mark?

come again ?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Huddersfield ST on 10:19 - Mar 23 with 938 viewsitfcjoe

To be a bit more balanced on this - I think our STs aren't badly priced.

Where we fail, is that everything is so short term. Why not stick with U11 STs at £10, and also make it £2 a game for U11s, and £5 for U16s.

We desperately need to attract young fans to the club - both as ST holders and match day ticket buyers. And whilst we have 15k spare seats there should be no barriers put in place for this.

My cousin's husband is a Liverpool fan, but he takes his boy who is about 6 or 7 to Colchester - it is free for U11s. A season ticket is free, and matchday tickets are free. Whilst he might be confused and have a Barcelona and Liverpool shirt - he is football mad and also has a Colchester shirt, and when they go to games they spend on sweets and drinks, and other merchandise......and they live in Kesgrave.

Kids are growing up supporting a big club and a non-PL club. As much as we have ambitions (as fans maybe...!) to be a PL club, we aren't, and we need to be appealing to the kids who support Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea etc to be their local club, and one where they can watch live football - and hopefully they become fully fledged ITFC fans as they grow up - I know people now who I went to Primary School with that supported other teams but are now big ITFC fans because of living here and going to games.

How any one can support or defend the U11 price hike is beyond me. As much as the Senior citizen rate has been done badly, the premise is understandable - this just isn't in any way. It's an absolute disgrace - and one that as a father of a young boy will hurt me in the years to come.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Huddersfield ST on 10:20 - Mar 23 with 913 viewsBenters

Huddersfield ST on 10:14 - Mar 23 by ITFC_Forever

Most would say "at home".

Ha!

Gentlybentley

Huddersfield ST on 10:27 - Mar 23 with 894 viewsGuthrum

Huddersfield ST on 10:09 - Mar 23 by No9

I agree, & the reality of the situation is that Mr Evans has taken that route, it didn't work and is now reluctant to go that route again.
I fear we must consider the reality is that his business plan now say survivial one division down then re-build ??

Not clever if it is the plan.

The club will be no more profitable (especially if he keeps ticket prices the same - no-one will turn up). All our best players will want to leave. We'll be at least a year further away from the Prem. I very much doubt the Championship will have got any cheaper when we do come back up, or further promotion have got any easier.

I really, really hope nobody's sold Evans the myth of dropping a division to launch ourselves into the Prem, Norwich style. That fails to work 90% of the time (and there are usually other factors, e.g. the money that Leicester and Southampton spent).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Huddersfield ST on 10:29 - Mar 23 with 876 viewsartsbossbeard

Huddersfield ST on 10:19 - Mar 23 by Benters

come again ?

Just a simple question.

What would you pay for a season ticket?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Huddersfield ST on 10:32 - Mar 23 with 870 viewsSteve_M

Huddersfield ST on 10:19 - Mar 23 by itfcjoe

Where we fail, is that everything is so short term. Why not stick with U11 STs at £10, and also make it £2 a game for U11s, and £5 for U16s.

We desperately need to attract young fans to the club - both as ST holders and match day ticket buyers. And whilst we have 15k spare seats there should be no barriers put in place for this.

My cousin's husband is a Liverpool fan, but he takes his boy who is about 6 or 7 to Colchester - it is free for U11s. A season ticket is free, and matchday tickets are free. Whilst he might be confused and have a Barcelona and Liverpool shirt - he is football mad and also has a Colchester shirt, and when they go to games they spend on sweets and drinks, and other merchandise......and they live in Kesgrave.

Kids are growing up supporting a big club and a non-PL club. As much as we have ambitions (as fans maybe...!) to be a PL club, we aren't, and we need to be appealing to the kids who support Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea etc to be their local club, and one where they can watch live football - and hopefully they become fully fledged ITFC fans as they grow up - I know people now who I went to Primary School with that supported other teams but are now big ITFC fans because of living here and going to games.

How any one can support or defend the U11 price hike is beyond me. As much as the Senior citizen rate has been done badly, the premise is understandable - this just isn't in any way. It's an absolute disgrace - and one that as a father of a young boy will hurt me in the years to come.

Yes, the impact of that short-termism will only get worse as even relative success becomes a more distant memory. The buzz around much of 2014-15 and especially the play-off match but also the cup run under Keane, showed it can come back and a generation of fans needn't be lost for good.

I guess that it was the Burley years that cemented that support for ITFC amongst your friends in the same way that 91-92 had the same effect for those of us a few years older. A club needs something like that periodically and I find the failure to even try to build on a very successful season so frustrating.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Huddersfield ST on 10:43 - Mar 23 with 841 viewsJakeITFC

Huddersfield ST on 09:38 - Mar 23 by Northern_Blue81

There has to confidence in what you are doing. Otherwise what is the point?

Not questioning that, I'm just saying that this sort of bullish confidence is going to send you to a worse place more often than not.
Login to get fewer ads

Huddersfield ST on 10:50 - Mar 23 with 817 viewsIllinoisblue

Fair play to them; also like how it's just 3 simple bands of pricing. I hope they get promoted

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Huddersfield ST on 10:50 - Mar 23 with 819 viewsitfcjoe

Huddersfield ST on 10:32 - Mar 23 by Steve_M

Yes, the impact of that short-termism will only get worse as even relative success becomes a more distant memory. The buzz around much of 2014-15 and especially the play-off match but also the cup run under Keane, showed it can come back and a generation of fans needn't be lost for good.

I guess that it was the Burley years that cemented that support for ITFC amongst your friends in the same way that 91-92 had the same effect for those of us a few years older. A club needs something like that periodically and I find the failure to even try to build on a very successful season so frustrating.

It's a combination of everything really that the club has done under Evans - any steps forward are ruined by short termism. Any of the good work the club does is tarnished by mistakes and things that are indefensible.

Even in the play off season when STs came round they tried to stick an extra £120 on it for the academy in the small print

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Huddersfield ST on 10:52 - Mar 23 with 804 viewsIllinoisblue

Huddersfield ST on 09:12 - Mar 23 by hype313

They have no choice, far more competition around that area, and it is also a Rugby League hotbed.

Our clubs nearest rivals are at least 50 miles away (not including Col U) so they know they can get away with charging higher prices.

Competition with rugby maybe but surely Huddersfield fans aren't thinking oh I'll go and watch Leeds today?

62 - 78 - 81

Huddersfield ST on 11:10 - Mar 23 with 771 viewsNo9

Huddersfield ST on 10:27 - Mar 23 by Guthrum

Not clever if it is the plan.

The club will be no more profitable (especially if he keeps ticket prices the same - no-one will turn up). All our best players will want to leave. We'll be at least a year further away from the Prem. I very much doubt the Championship will have got any cheaper when we do come back up, or further promotion have got any easier.

I really, really hope nobody's sold Evans the myth of dropping a division to launch ourselves into the Prem, Norwich style. That fails to work 90% of the time (and there are usually other factors, e.g. the money that Leicester and Southampton spent).

An aquaintance of mine is a budgie ST & shareholder.
He told me somewhile ago their strategy was to become a bounce club because the board & shareholders saw that as the ony way of getting out of serious debt.
I pointed out the risk & his retort was that the risk was no greater than sitting midtable in the Chumpionship where players etc. would see them as a non event.
IF in fact he was being honest, & I have no reason to doubt that, then the tactics have worked.
We must however remember they are a much more inclusive outfit.

What we have seen since the new year is that, there are players who can make it work but MM won't give them an extended run, reverting to type with the same results we saw in the autumn.

Mr E will no doubt be very much aware that his 'clients' in the stands face ever increasing household bills with their own tighter budgets. He is currently ina catch 22 situation with heavy investment bringing no guarantee of increased funds and a disatisfied client base who want a better product even if success is not immediate.
Huddersfield ST on 11:13 - Mar 23 with 760 viewsmutters

Huddersfield ST on 09:16 - Mar 23 by yorkshireblue

It's also worth noting, when Dean Hoyle took over as chairman, he said anyone who has had a ST every year since he took over will get one for £100 should they ever reach the Premiership. He's said this week he will honour it.

(My colleague is one of 4,500 apparently who will qualify should they go up which is why I know this)

If HT ever go up they will get what £100M in the first year of Prem football. If they kept the prices at current level (£199 for a season ticket), then they are only losing out on £450,000 in revenue, more than covered by the money from the Premier League.

Nice gesture i do admit, though its not really going to cost them much should they do go up

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Huddersfield ST on 11:23 - Mar 23 with 719 viewsNorthern_Blue81

Huddersfield ST on 11:13 - Mar 23 by mutters

If HT ever go up they will get what £100M in the first year of Prem football. If they kept the prices at current level (£199 for a season ticket), then they are only losing out on £450,000 in revenue, more than covered by the money from the Premier League.

Nice gesture i do admit, though its not really going to cost them much should they do go up

Exactly, 450k is a drop in the ocean when you are getting the reported TV coverage money plus the commercial revenue on top from selling 1000's of new replica kits, mugs, cuddly toys etc etc
Huddersfield ST on 11:25 - Mar 23 with 717 viewsBenters

Huddersfield ST on 10:29 - Mar 23 by artsbossbeard

Just a simple question.

What would you pay for a season ticket?

I wasnt being funny Beardy.

I had a season ticket for many years and as you know i had to let it go.

Anyway my protest isnt about season ticket prices its the pay on the gate that gets my neck up.

Id say anything under £400 is quiet happy for a season ticket.

I do like the plan by 'Uddersfield though,by eck its grand lad.

Gentlybentley

Huddersfield ST on 11:26 - Mar 23 with 710 viewschristiand

Huddersfield ST on 09:16 - Mar 23 by yorkshireblue

It's also worth noting, when Dean Hoyle took over as chairman, he said anyone who has had a ST every year since he took over will get one for £100 should they ever reach the Premiership. He's said this week he will honour it.

(My colleague is one of 4,500 apparently who will qualify should they go up which is why I know this)

Must be great having a chairman that has the capability of thinking outside the box. I would imagine that he has like-minded people around him. Then you look at us......enough said!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Huddersfield ST on 11:31 - Mar 23 with 673 viewsNorthern_Blue81

Huddersfield ST on 11:26 - Mar 23 by christiand

Must be great having a chairman that has the capability of thinking outside the box. I would imagine that he has like-minded people around him. Then you look at us......enough said!

Agreed.

It doesn't cost millions to have a good idea and put it in to practice and develop.
Huddersfield ST on 11:32 - Mar 23 with 668 viewsLord_Lucan

Huddersfield ST on 09:14 - Mar 23 by JakeITFC

The problem is that it's an awful strategy if the results don't follow because you've trashed the value of the ticket.

You have a point but our tickets are still too high, I think £350 is about right.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Huddersfield ST on 11:34 - Mar 23 with 662 viewsartsbossbeard

Huddersfield ST on 11:25 - Mar 23 by Benters

I wasnt being funny Beardy.

I had a season ticket for many years and as you know i had to let it go.

Anyway my protest isnt about season ticket prices its the pay on the gate that gets my neck up.

Id say anything under £400 is quiet happy for a season ticket.

I do like the plan by 'Uddersfield though,by eck its grand lad.

Think that's fair enough, Benters

£400 for league 2 football should be about right.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Huddersfield ST on 11:36 - Mar 23 with 648 viewsBenters

Huddersfield ST on 10:50 - Mar 23 by Illinoisblue

Fair play to them; also like how it's just 3 simple bands of pricing. I hope they get promoted

This and that.

Gentlybentley

Huddersfield ST on 11:39 - Mar 23 with 636 viewsBenters

Huddersfield ST on 11:34 - Mar 23 by artsbossbeard

Think that's fair enough, Benters

£400 for league 2 football should be about right.

Under £400 for the 'feel good factor'

£16 -£18 per game is happy in my book .

Gentlybentley

Huddersfield ST on 11:41 - Mar 23 with 638 viewsIllinoisblue

Huddersfield ST on 10:19 - Mar 23 by itfcjoe

be interesting to know how many U11 ten quid tickets they'd previously sold. At 50p a game they might as well have made them free and generated some goodwill. Either that or do a blanket 2quid for kids across the ground.

62 - 78 - 81

Huddersfield ST on 11:44 - Mar 23 with 620 viewsJakeITFC

Huddersfield ST on 11:32 - Mar 23 by Lord_Lucan

You have a point but our tickets are still too high, I think £350 is about right.

I agree, but you may as well keep them as high as possible whilst people are paying it.
Huddersfield ST on 11:49 - Mar 23 with 611 viewsNo9

Huddersfield ST on 11:39 - Mar 23 by Benters

Under £400 for the 'feel good factor'

£16 -£18 per game is happy in my book .

23 home games in the Division
23 X £ 18 = £414
Huddersfield ST on 11:51 - Mar 23 with 605 viewsGuru_of_Ipswich

As others have said, we don't need to go to the extreme of Huddesfield but something needs to be done to attract new season tickets holders.

I think a realistic price is around £250 to £350 rate for the SAR or SBR is reasonable, for the older generation it would have made sense to faze in the increase in age by 1 year for 5 years so nobody got caught out have that concession taken away. In terms of the younger fans, What they did made perfect sense to me if the previous scheme was being abused.

Its hardly rocket science and anybody with half a commercial brain could have worked it out, unfortunately the guys at the top have totally lost touch with the consumer!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024