Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huddersfield ST 09:05 - Mar 23 with 3910 viewsyorkshireblue

Their 2016/17 season ST prices have been rightly applauded. They have released 2017/18 prices today... £199 in all areas.

http://www.htafc.com/news/article/2016-17/huddersfield-town-season-cards-201718-
Huddersfield ST on 11:52 - Mar 23 with 823 viewsGuthrum

Huddersfield ST on 11:10 - Mar 23 by No9

An aquaintance of mine is a budgie ST & shareholder.
He told me somewhile ago their strategy was to become a bounce club because the board & shareholders saw that as the ony way of getting out of serious debt.
I pointed out the risk & his retort was that the risk was no greater than sitting midtable in the Chumpionship where players etc. would see them as a non event.
IF in fact he was being honest, & I have no reason to doubt that, then the tactics have worked.
We must however remember they are a much more inclusive outfit.

What we have seen since the new year is that, there are players who can make it work but MM won't give them an extended run, reverting to type with the same results we saw in the autumn.

Mr E will no doubt be very much aware that his 'clients' in the stands face ever increasing household bills with their own tighter budgets. He is currently ina catch 22 situation with heavy investment bringing no guarantee of increased funds and a disatisfied client base who want a better product even if success is not immediate.

It was so very nearly a disaster. If they hadn't had that massive defeat to Colchester, managed to pinch the latter's manager, then get the system working so well with Grant Holt (particularly all those penalties), then they might still be in League One now.

I can't really believe it was a conscious policy to get relegated in 2009. It would have been impossible to predict the future success at that point. Tho, once it had happened, they might have had the determination that they would aim and plan to go straight back up and through.

Going to L1 does nothing to remove debt, altho it may get rid of some over-pricey players.

Becoming a Champ/Prem yo-yo team, on the other hand, makes complete sense. Money alternately from being in the top tier and from parachute payments, with a good chance of sticking in the higher division eventually (a la West Brom, West Ham).
[Post edited 23 Mar 2017 11:54]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Huddersfield ST on 11:56 - Mar 23 with 805 viewsSteve_M

Huddersfield ST on 11:51 - Mar 23 by Guru_of_Ipswich

As others have said, we don't need to go to the extreme of Huddesfield but something needs to be done to attract new season tickets holders.

I think a realistic price is around £250 to £350 rate for the SAR or SBR is reasonable, for the older generation it would have made sense to faze in the increase in age by 1 year for 5 years so nobody got caught out have that concession taken away. In terms of the younger fans, What they did made perfect sense to me if the previous scheme was being abused.

Its hardly rocket science and anybody with half a commercial brain could have worked it out, unfortunately the guys at the top have totally lost touch with the consumer!

Although that phasing in would for the OAP increase would really annoy those who it moved exactly in step with!

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Huddersfield ST on 11:57 - Mar 23 with 803 viewsNo9

Huddersfield ST on 11:52 - Mar 23 by Guthrum

It was so very nearly a disaster. If they hadn't had that massive defeat to Colchester, managed to pinch the latter's manager, then get the system working so well with Grant Holt (particularly all those penalties), then they might still be in League One now.

I can't really believe it was a conscious policy to get relegated in 2009. It would have been impossible to predict the future success at that point. Tho, once it had happened, they might have had the determination that they would aim and plan to go straight back up and through.

Going to L1 does nothing to remove debt, altho it may get rid of some over-pricey players.

Becoming a Champ/Prem yo-yo team, on the other hand, makes complete sense. Money alternately from being in the top tier and from parachute payments, with a good chance of sticking in the higher division eventually (a la West Brom, West Ham).
[Post edited 23 Mar 2017 11:54]

I agree I think 2009 was a factor of overconfidence believeing the media hype they would go straight back up.
Budgies are a bit embarrassed about that, at the time Lambert was the messiah now they think he's a clown.

In my view the fact they have some very wealthy shareholders, as well as Dliea & her husband has been their saviour. The likes of the haulage contractor who effectively paid Huckerbys wages is the kind of supporter Town just do not have
Huddersfield ST on 12:04 - Mar 23 with 781 viewsReuser_is_God

Huddersfield ST on 11:49 - Mar 23 by No9

23 home games in the Division
23 X £ 18 = £414

I don't know of any North Stand lower people who would moan about the price of their ST in isolation.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Huddersfield ST on 12:07 - Mar 23 with 776 viewsPilgrimblue

Huddersfield ST on 11:10 - Mar 23 by No9

An aquaintance of mine is a budgie ST & shareholder.
He told me somewhile ago their strategy was to become a bounce club because the board & shareholders saw that as the ony way of getting out of serious debt.
I pointed out the risk & his retort was that the risk was no greater than sitting midtable in the Chumpionship where players etc. would see them as a non event.
IF in fact he was being honest, & I have no reason to doubt that, then the tactics have worked.
We must however remember they are a much more inclusive outfit.

What we have seen since the new year is that, there are players who can make it work but MM won't give them an extended run, reverting to type with the same results we saw in the autumn.

Mr E will no doubt be very much aware that his 'clients' in the stands face ever increasing household bills with their own tighter budgets. He is currently ina catch 22 situation with heavy investment bringing no guarantee of increased funds and a disatisfied client base who want a better product even if success is not immediate.

I don't think he is for one minute in a catch 22. He's used to selling tickets to events that are likely to be oversubscribed so thinks he can put up prices and expects us to pay whatever.

Lets face it he's worth £700m+ and has a very narrow view which in my view will lead us into Div 1. He needs to get real and change NOW.
Huddersfield ST on 12:07 - Mar 23 with 775 viewsBenters

Huddersfield ST on 11:49 - Mar 23 by No9

23 home games in the Division
23 X £ 18 = £414

£16 then !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Huddersfield ST on 12:15 - Mar 23 with 769 viewsGuthrum

Huddersfield ST on 11:57 - Mar 23 by No9

I agree I think 2009 was a factor of overconfidence believeing the media hype they would go straight back up.
Budgies are a bit embarrassed about that, at the time Lambert was the messiah now they think he's a clown.

In my view the fact they have some very wealthy shareholders, as well as Dliea & her husband has been their saviour. The likes of the haulage contractor who effectively paid Huckerbys wages is the kind of supporter Town just do not have

Indeed.

I do wonder why, if he wants to limit the money he puts in, Evans hasn't sold part of his stake in the club (not the whole lot), to recoup some of his losses and introduce new investors willing to stump up extra funds. Possibly because there aren't those interested in doing that, or the sums don't add up for him.

Huddersfield ST on 12:30 - Mar 23 with 757 viewsGuthrum

Huddersfield ST on 12:07 - Mar 23 by Pilgrimblue

I don't think he is for one minute in a catch 22. He's used to selling tickets to events that are likely to be oversubscribed so thinks he can put up prices and expects us to pay whatever.

Lets face it he's worth £700m+ and has a very narrow view which in my view will lead us into Div 1. He needs to get real and change NOW.

The "worth £700m" bit is of limited relevance. That's just how much he could theoretically sell all the stakes in all his businesses (plus any other assets) for.

Actual spare cash to spend on a football club is going to be a very much smaller sum.

This is where oil sheikhs and some far eastern businessmen have an advantage - much higher personal cash income in proportion to notional asset value. Thus greater funds to spend on projects such as sport.

Login to get fewer ads

Huddersfield ST on 13:36 - Mar 23 with 723 viewsPhilTWTD

Huddersfield ST on 10:19 - Mar 23 by itfcjoe

To be a bit more balanced on this - I think our STs aren't badly priced.

Where we fail, is that everything is so short term. Why not stick with U11 STs at £10, and also make it £2 a game for U11s, and £5 for U16s.

We desperately need to attract young fans to the club - both as ST holders and match day ticket buyers. And whilst we have 15k spare seats there should be no barriers put in place for this.

My cousin's husband is a Liverpool fan, but he takes his boy who is about 6 or 7 to Colchester - it is free for U11s. A season ticket is free, and matchday tickets are free. Whilst he might be confused and have a Barcelona and Liverpool shirt - he is football mad and also has a Colchester shirt, and when they go to games they spend on sweets and drinks, and other merchandise......and they live in Kesgrave.

Kids are growing up supporting a big club and a non-PL club. As much as we have ambitions (as fans maybe...!) to be a PL club, we aren't, and we need to be appealing to the kids who support Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea etc to be their local club, and one where they can watch live football - and hopefully they become fully fledged ITFC fans as they grow up - I know people now who I went to Primary School with that supported other teams but are now big ITFC fans because of living here and going to games.

How any one can support or defend the U11 price hike is beyond me. As much as the Senior citizen rate has been done badly, the premise is understandable - this just isn't in any way. It's an absolute disgrace - and one that as a father of a young boy will hurt me in the years to come.

Given the money back aspect of it which ultimately could make the ticket cheaper - which I know hasn't been reported everywhere so some may have missed it - I'm not sure it's quite such a prohibitive move. I would assume most kids would want shirts etc which the TeamCard cash would go towards.

I think the aim was to reduce the abuse and keep it cheap. Given the likelihood of an overall drop in numbers it will probably prove to be an unnecessary move, of course.
Huddersfield ST on 13:39 - Mar 23 with 706 viewsPhilTWTD

Huddersfield ST on 09:14 - Mar 23 by JakeITFC

The problem is that it's an awful strategy if the results don't follow because you've trashed the value of the ticket.

It would have been interesting to see the reaction of their long-term season ticket holders had their decision to spend money on reducing prices rather than spend money on players led to relegation, which it might well have done given their overall budget, which I would imagine is lower than ours. As it is they've had a very successful season, whether they ultimately go up or otherwise. But it is a risky strategy for any club, as you say.
Huddersfield ST on 13:42 - Mar 23 with 698 viewsNo9

Huddersfield ST on 13:39 - Mar 23 by PhilTWTD

It would have been interesting to see the reaction of their long-term season ticket holders had their decision to spend money on reducing prices rather than spend money on players led to relegation, which it might well have done given their overall budget, which I would imagine is lower than ours. As it is they've had a very successful season, whether they ultimately go up or otherwise. But it is a risky strategy for any club, as you say.

As an assessment Phil what do the runes say the number of ST's sold for next season will be ?
Huddersfield ST on 15:13 - Mar 23 with 665 viewsitfcjoe

Huddersfield ST on 13:36 - Mar 23 by PhilTWTD

Given the money back aspect of it which ultimately could make the ticket cheaper - which I know hasn't been reported everywhere so some may have missed it - I'm not sure it's quite such a prohibitive move. I would assume most kids would want shirts etc which the TeamCard cash would go towards.

I think the aim was to reduce the abuse and keep it cheap. Given the likelihood of an overall drop in numbers it will probably prove to be an unnecessary move, of course.

But I think the club misunderstand what an U11 ticket is, and how it is going to be used - and more importantly what it leads to.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Huddersfield ST on 16:03 - Mar 23 with 630 viewsSteve_M

Huddersfield ST on 13:39 - Mar 23 by PhilTWTD

I think if I thought it was part of a coherent strategy to get more people into the ground then I would be in favour. I'm not convinced that anything less than a £100 reduction would have had much impact without results, particularly at home, picking up.

Have we managed more home wins across 2015-16 and 16-17 as in 2014-15 yet?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024