Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Johnnie Vaughan - Radio X 09:25 - Mar 23 with 17935 viewsartsbossbeard

I'm a big 6 Music fan, however, I do find myself tuning in from 4pm most days now - his show is a decent listen.

One of the topics that had me laughing a lot more than I should was nick-names and the reasoning behind them.

One lad has had the moniker of "Spider" for 4 years now simply because he purchased 4 pairs of jeans at the same time.

Radio X is def worth a listen but best to tune in from 10 when that God awful Moyles finishes.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Johnnie Vaughan - Radio X on 09:33 - Mar 23 with 17899 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Disagree on Vaughan.. Really irritates me and seems to talk more than Moyles!.
I also find it all a bit staged that there seem to be half a dozen of them in the studio who seem intent on belly laughing at the end of every other sentence, regardless of the content. All seems a little to forced and as if they are trying too hard to be seen as funny and cool

That said, the music is always worth a listen and that scottish bloke who does the early evenings is pretty good as he seems like he's in the studio on his own and tends keep the breaks between songs at more of a minimum.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2017 9:33]
Johnnie Vaughan - Radio X on 09:47 - Mar 23 with 17864 viewsJohnWarksTash

Elis James and John Robins covered drive time for the previous two weeks which was a great listen. Their Saturday show (and /or podcast) is really good!
Johnnie Vaughan - Radio X on 09:50 - Mar 23 with 17858 viewsLeighOnSeaBlue

I love listening to Mr Vaughan and Vernon for that matter but agree totally I always tune in after Moyles show has finished. Can't understand how he has the main show over those two, although Vernon has now left. Elis James & John Robins are good as well
Johnnie Vaughan - Radio X on 10:02 - Mar 23 with 17819 viewsJosebadleg

Johnnie Vaughan - Radio X on 09:50 - Mar 23 by LeighOnSeaBlue

I love listening to Mr Vaughan and Vernon for that matter but agree totally I always tune in after Moyles show has finished. Can't understand how he has the main show over those two, although Vernon has now left. Elis James & John Robins are good as well

For the last two weeks it worked really well with JV in the morning and Elis & John doing the drive show. I cannot stand Chris Moyles, had to switch it off on Monday (?) when all he was doing for 30mins was talking about his health spar

They say I have a short attenti.........
Poll: What are you looking for in the new manager

Johnnie Vaughan - Radio X on 10:07 - Mar 23 with 17801 viewsartsbossbeard

Johnnie Vaughan - Radio X on 10:02 - Mar 23 by Josebadleg

For the last two weeks it worked really well with JV in the morning and Elis & John doing the drive show. I cannot stand Chris Moyles, had to switch it off on Monday (?) when all he was doing for 30mins was talking about his health spar

I got in the car yesterday morning and I was still tuned in to X from the night before.

Moyles had Keith Lemmon on and it was embarrassing listening.

"No, you're great"
"No, you're great"
"NO, you're great"

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Johnnie Vaughan - Radio X on 10:24 - Mar 23 with 17758 viewsLeighOnSeaBlue

Johnnie Vaughan - Radio X on 10:02 - Mar 23 by Josebadleg

Agreed it was great whilst he was off
Johnnie Vaughan - Radio X on 10:29 - Mar 23 with 17744 viewsfabian_illness

Really like Johnny Vaughan.
On the nicknames, there was a foreman that got named 'the traindriver' because he had a crook in his neck.
Love radio x, apart from Moyles.
Johnnie Vaughan - Radio X on 11:39 - Mar 23 with 17667 viewsThrobbe

Johnnie Vaughan - Radio X on 10:29 - Mar 23 by fabian_illness

On the nicknames, there was a foreman that got named 'the traindriver' because he had a crook in his neck.

I used to know a musician/engineer known to all as Mono. I always assumed it was something to do with him working in a recording studio, but I eventually found out it was because he was deaf in one ear.

Harsh, but it amused me.

TWTD Cycling Herbert

Login to get fewer ads

Johnnie Vaughan - Radio X on 11:40 - Mar 23 with 17663 viewsJohnWarksTash

Johnnie Vaughan - Radio X on 10:29 - Mar 23 by fabian_illness

Greg Davies does a great bit about school nicknames in his first stand up DVD. The one that sticks out is his mate who was known as Baghdad for years because his father bought him a school bag for the new term!
Johnnie Vaughan - Radio X on 12:09 - Mar 23 with 17626 viewsLord_Lucan

What you need to do is listen to The Two Mikes. Unfortunately they come on at 1am which I know is past your bedtime but you can get the podcasts - which have the advantage of having the ads taken out.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Johnnie Vaughan - Radio X on 12:11 - Mar 23 with 17613 viewsipswich78

I seem to be in the minority here... I really like listening to Chris Moyles but Johnny Vaughan does my head in. The laughter seems so strained and fake.

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

Johnnie Vaughan - Radio X (n/t) on 13:06 - Mar 23 with 17552 viewsemergencylime

[Post edited 23 Mar 2017 13:19]

Poll: Another Tragical Vegas poll. Would you rather?

Johnnie Vaughan - Radio X on 14:38 - Mar 23 with 17459 viewsvapour_trail

I tuned out when it was still called xfm and have meer gone back. Two guitary and such a repetitive playlist. That said, that was years ago and it's the same time as Lamacq on 6 who is a very irritating man.

I'd rather set fire to my ears that listen to Chris Moyles.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Johnnie Vaughan - Radio X on 19:04 - Mar 23 with 17361 viewsclive_baker

I've listened to his show quite a bit, I like Vaughan and think he's especially good when he's ad libbing. Seems quite bright and engaging. I think the 'features' are weak to be honest. Random grafitti and the Roger Burlington or whatever he's called, the pet town thing. Can't say I find either of those worth listening to but maybe that's more to do with the production, rather than Vaughan.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Johnnie Vaughan - Radio X on 19:06 - Mar 23 with 17354 viewshoppy

Johnnie Vaughan - Radio X on 14:38 - Mar 23 by vapour_trail

I tuned out when it was still called xfm and have meer gone back. Two guitary and such a repetitive playlist. That said, that was years ago and it's the same time as Lamacq on 6 who is a very irritating man.

I'd rather set fire to my ears that listen to Chris Moyles.

You spelt 'very up himself' wrongly.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Johnnie Vaughan - Radio X on 20:37 - Mar 23 with 17279 viewspennyfathersleg

Johnnie Vaughan - Radio X on 12:11 - Mar 23 by ipswich78

I seem to be in the minority here... I really like listening to Chris Moyles but Johnny Vaughan does my head in. The laughter seems so strained and fake.

I'm with you in the minority then! I ABSOLUTELY can't stand Jonnie Vaughan but love chris Moyles. However I understand chris moyles is an acquired taste, you have to get him! Switched radio x off for two weeks while he was on holiday
Johnnie Vaughan - Radio X on 20:43 - Mar 23 with 17263 viewsDubtractor

At a similar time in the afternoon check out KEXP online, a Seattle based indie station, as the Cheryl Waters show plays a tonne of great music.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024