Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Back in London again this morning as usual 09:39 - Mar 23 with 961 viewsBlueStreak

To find that one of the people confirmed to have been killed yesterday was a client of our company actually. Yesterday felt surreal, today already feels ten times worse.

Tragic stuff. Please make sure you give your families and loved ones a big kiss before you leave every morning, you don't know if it will be the last time you see them.
Back in London again this morning as usual on 09:48 - Mar 23 with 898 viewsLeighOnSeaBlue

Horrible situation and the only way is to carry on as normal as possible and don't let the bastards get what they want. They want to spread terror and fear into the lives of ordinary decent people and London is a great City and will bounce back from this.
Back in London again this morning as usual on 10:34 - Mar 23 with 797 viewsclive_baker

I did my usual commute through Westminster today on the Jubilee line. Stopped at Westminster for interchange only (station is still shut for entry / exit). It was eerily quiet, people in the tube all just looking out at the empty platform, all thinking the same I'm sure. A few headshakes. Very sombre atmosphere but it's a resilient city and life goes on.

I think it's worth noting how fortunate we are to have such capable defence authorities and police. Clearly its nigh on impossible to prevent a radicalised loon from jumping in a car with a kitchen knife, intent on causing harm to innocent civilians. All I guess the Police can work towards is mitigating the risk through intelligence / raids / arrests and the speed of reaction when something so unfortunate does happen.

My only consolation comes from the fact the culprit is dead. Call me old fashioned, he has his martyrdom, whatever. He's not costing tax payers millions of pounds, and not given the opportunity to sit in a prison for years radicalising other impressionable individuals. A captive audience who may lack a sense of purpose and direction in life, with a proven history of unlawful behaviour. That's a dangerous mix.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024