Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coverage of these attacks is far to much 12:01 - Mar 23 with 2364 viewsflashblue

TV and print editors need to be spoken about this in no uncertain terms. Four people died. Tragic for those involved, but not a threat to our country.

These events need to be downplayed not hyped up.

Media needs to be on our side.

Remove the oxygen of publicity.

If something's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.
Poll: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 12:29 - Mar 23 with 1620 viewsThePitBoss

No. Let's show the libtards of the world what's happening.

You'd rather it be brushed under the carpet so we can just wait for the next attack? Nah.
Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 12:37 - Mar 23 with 1591 viewsSwansea_Blue

I do think the scramble is undignified. And has lead to a pretty massive c0ckup of publically naming the wrong person.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 12:50 - Mar 23 with 1532 viewsgiant_stow

you don't have to watch it or read it.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 12:56 - Mar 23 with 1500 viewsWeWereZombies

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 12:29 - Mar 23 by ThePitBoss

You'd rather it be brushed under the carpet so we can just wait for the next attack? Nah.

You almost got an uppie from he...until the fifth word. Flashblue makes a point but the timing and place of the attack demands that it remain at the top of the news agenda for a while. Other stuff is going on though - and the next attack is likely to be elsewhere in the world. Might even already have happened but using your logic we wouldn't hear about it.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 13:00 - Mar 23 with 1481 viewsSuperfrans

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 12:29 - Mar 23 by ThePitBoss

Where do you live, out of interest? London? Suffolk?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 13:02 - Mar 23 with 1466 viewshype313

I agree, all this does is feed the terrorists oxygen and we need to starve them of it, not feed it.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 13:05 - Mar 23 with 1451 viewsdryas

I agree.
Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 13:59 - Mar 23 with 1375 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

What do you mean 'not a threat to our country'?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Login to get fewer ads

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 14:01 - Mar 23 with 1369 viewsimsureazzure

I agree, absolute tragedy for those involved, but we are controlled by fear.
Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 14:01 - Mar 23 with 1359 viewsdryas

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 13:59 - Mar 23 by The_Romford_Blue

How is the country threatened?
Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 14:10 - Mar 23 with 1317 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 14:01 - Mar 23 by dryas

How is the country threatened?

I'd say a terrorist attack is a national threat. Obviously?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 14:16 - Mar 23 with 1300 viewsdryas

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 14:10 - Mar 23 by The_Romford_Blue

An attack of this scale? A threat to the country?

Surely a threat to the country needs to be on a scale potentially involving massive loss of life, a need to change everyday behaviour in response, measurable impact on the economy etc.
Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 14:21 - Mar 23 with 1288 viewsvapour_trail

Phil, Gav, im still getting an ad blocking out the first response to threads on iphone.

Now, whilst perfectly placed on this thread, it's generally quite annoying.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 14:42 - Mar 23 with 1258 viewsDolly2.0

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 14:01 - Mar 23 by imsureazzure

I agree, absolute tragedy for those involved, but we are controlled by fear.

We're not controlled by fear. That's why we're all carrying on as normal.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 14:53 - Mar 23 with 1223 viewsflashblue

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 13:59 - Mar 23 by The_Romford_Blue

This is a minor incident in terms of casualties and deaths. Similar to a road traffic accident. Hyping up the gruesome details encourages others to follow suit. In the same way that the media do not publicise suicides they should not hype this up.

IRA activity was downplayed and so should this be.

If something's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.
Poll: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 14:54 - Mar 23 with 1208 viewsmonytowbray

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 14:53 - Mar 23 by flashblue

This is a minor incident in terms of casualties and deaths. Similar to a road traffic accident. Hyping up the gruesome details encourages others to follow suit. In the same way that the media do not publicise suicides they should not hype this up.

IRA activity was downplayed and so should this be.

Yeah but this is brown people terrorism which is worse.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 14:57 - Mar 23 with 1196 viewsmonytowbray

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 14:10 - Mar 23 by The_Romford_Blue

I'd say calling it a "terrorist attack" is giving an idiot with a car and a knife more credit than he deserves.

9/11 and 7/7 were terrorist attacks; mass loss of life with heavy planning/plotting. Yesterday was a "terrorist act".
[Post edited 23 Mar 2017 14:57]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 14:58 - Mar 23 with 1178 viewshype313

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 14:57 - Mar 23 by monytowbray

I'd say calling it a "terrorist attack" is giving an idiot with a car and a knife more credit than he deserves.

9/11 and 7/7 were terrorist attacks; mass loss of life with heavy planning/plotting. Yesterday was a "terrorist act".
[Post edited 23 Mar 2017 14:57]

Can't believe arguments are being had over semantics.

Poor.

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 15:05 - Mar 23 with 1145 viewsGlasgowBlue

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 14:54 - Mar 23 by monytowbray

What a ridiculous response.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 15:06 - Mar 23 with 1130 viewsgiant_stow

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 14:54 - Mar 23 by monytowbray

I think that reveals your own prejudices personally - there are supposedly plenty of white jihadis. Wasn't one of them blown up by a drone in Syria recently?
[Post edited 23 Mar 2017 15:07]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 15:06 - Mar 23 with 1130 viewsGlasgowBlue

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 14:58 - Mar 23 by hype313

Poor.

Agreed.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/402011/3562581/latest-police-statement/#post3562581

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 15:37 - Mar 23 with 1047 viewsdryas

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 14:58 - Mar 23 by hype313

Poor.

It's not semantics.
Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 15:49 - Mar 23 with 999 viewsgiant_stow

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 15:37 - Mar 23 by dryas

It's not semantics.

At what point does a terrorist 'act' become a terrorist 'attack'? Is it a matter of deaths or the method of the attack?

Afterall, Nice was 'just' a nutter driving something, but caused 80 odd deaths, whereas the tube bombings were a highly planned group attack and caused less death...

Should we make such distinctions when the purpose of each appears to be political terrorism?

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 16:00 - Mar 23 with 962 viewshype313

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 15:37 - Mar 23 by dryas

It's not semantics.

It is.

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 16:00 - Mar 23 with 962 viewsParmigiano

A man drives a car at high speed along a footpath/bikepath (if you haven't seen the CCTV footage, the speed he's going at is truly shocking) ploughing through 40 people, then jumps out, repeatedly stabs a police officer and is metres away from murdering members of our democratically elected government.

And you don't think it should be headline news?

I hope you're just trolling...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024