Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coverage of these attacks is far to much 12:01 - Mar 23 with 2362 viewsflashblue

TV and print editors need to be spoken about this in no uncertain terms. Four people died. Tragic for those involved, but not a threat to our country.

These events need to be downplayed not hyped up.

Media needs to be on our side.

Remove the oxygen of publicity.

If something's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.
Poll: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 16:17 - Mar 23 with 675 viewsmonytowbray

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 15:05 - Mar 23 by GlasgowBlue

What a ridiculous response.

The reaction to this vs the murder of Jo Cox by the press have been quite different.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 16:19 - Mar 23 with 664 viewsmonytowbray

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 14:58 - Mar 23 by hype313

Can't believe arguments are being had over semantics.

Poor.

I'm not "arguing" over anything, I'm stating my opinion in a fair manner. No need to be so aggressive.

It's not about semantics, it's about not playing into the hands of those who condone these sort of acts.

TWTD never forgets…

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 16:26 - Mar 23 with 638 viewsGlasgowBlue

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 16:17 - Mar 23 by monytowbray

The reaction to this vs the murder of Jo Cox by the press have been quite different.

Colour has nothing to do with the different reactions.

The two acts can't be compared in scale, no matter how awful Jo Cox's murder was.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 16:28 - Mar 23 with 633 viewshype313

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 16:19 - Mar 23 by monytowbray

I'm not "arguing" over anything, I'm stating my opinion in a fair manner. No need to be so aggressive.

It's not about semantics, it's about not playing into the hands of those who condone these sort of acts.

How was my response aggressive calls?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 16:29 - Mar 23 with 625 viewsmonytowbray

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 16:26 - Mar 23 by GlasgowBlue

Colour has nothing to do with the different reactions.

The two acts can't be compared in scale, no matter how awful Jo Cox's murder was.

Colour 100% changes the reaction and how the media perceive it. There were huge differences in coverage and agendas between the two.

In scale, no, but in regards to the difference between an organised group plotting to access bombs/hijack planes and commit mass atrocities vs some idiot reading some stuff and deciding wake up one morning and commit a murderous crime the two are similar to the latter.

TWTD never forgets…

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 16:30 - Mar 23 with 621 viewsmonytowbray

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 16:28 - Mar 23 by hype313

How was my response aggressive calls?

Use of the word "arguing". I'm not arguing anything.

TWTD never forgets…

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 16:32 - Mar 23 with 615 viewshype313

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 16:30 - Mar 23 by monytowbray

Use of the word "arguing". I'm not arguing anything.

If that was aggressive then I apologise.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 16:34 - Mar 23 with 605 viewsmonytowbray

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 16:32 - Mar 23 by hype313

If that was aggressive then I apologise.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

I can't be bothered to argue with anyone these days. I'm happy to reasonably debate opinions though :)

TWTD never forgets…

Login to get fewer ads

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 16:38 - Mar 23 with 595 viewshype313

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 16:34 - Mar 23 by monytowbray

I can't be bothered to argue with anyone these days. I'm happy to reasonably debate opinions though :)

In an ideal world one thread should have said shocking scenes, awful tragedy and thoughts are with the families.

It would get a couple of hundred uppies and that would be that.

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 16:42 - Mar 23 with 587 viewsmonytowbray

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 16:38 - Mar 23 by hype313

In an ideal world one thread should have said shocking scenes, awful tragedy and thoughts are with the families.

It would get a couple of hundred uppies and that would be that.

I've always been a believer that events in the world will always have repercussions that need discussing. Until we agree some kind of law that sets the allocated time period before they can be discussed then I can't see the harm in any discussion that isn't disrespectful to the victims from my moral compass.

TWTD never forgets…

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 17:22 - Mar 23 with 564 viewsimsureazzure

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 14:42 - Mar 23 by Dolly2.0

We're not controlled by fear. That's why we're all carrying on as normal.

Ok, some are controlled by fear.
Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 17:39 - Mar 23 with 548 viewsMullet

How much is the media and how much is the audience though? Social media is just the previous throwaway fears and thoughts, written down and compacted into something is it not?

Is that having as much of an effect as anything else? I do wonder if there's more sensationalism, or just more ways for it to be tangled up and held onto these days.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 18:16 - Mar 23 with 514 viewsDolly2.0

Coverage of these attacks is far to much on 17:22 - Mar 23 by imsureazzure

Ok, some are controlled by fear.

None that I can see. If you look around London today, everyone's just getting on with things. Where are these people "controlled by fear"?

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024