Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Someone on 5 live has just said that we should bring the death penalty back for 12:10 - Mar 23 with 3518 viewsLord_Lucan

terror attacks

WTF? Hardly a deterrent for a suicide attack.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Someone on 5 live has just said that we should bring the death penalty back for on 12:14 - Mar 23 with 1732 viewsBenters

Tricky that.

But i will say any person fighting for IS and living in England is a traitor.

If that said person has been out of the country fighting for IS they should not be allowed back in to the country.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Someone on 5 live has just said that we should bring the death penalty back for on 12:15 - Mar 23 with 1724 viewsfeelingblue

Yes, that is about the level of thinking which goes into most chat shows/phone ins.

I would imagine that there a quite a few on here who agree with the caller, though.
Someone on 5 live has just said that we should bring the death penalty back for on 12:15 - Mar 23 with 1714 viewsSwansea_Blue

Someone on 5 live has just said that we should bring the death penalty back for on 12:14 - Mar 23 by Benters

Tricky that.

If that said person has been out of the country fighting for IS they should not be allowed back in to the country.

What's tricky about the death penalty not being a deterrent for suicide attacks?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Someone on 5 live has just said that we should bring the death penalty back for on 12:20 - Mar 23 with 1687 viewsGuthrum

Someone on 5 live has just said that we should bring the death penalty back for on 12:14 - Mar 23 by Benters

Tricky that.

I tend to agree on your final statement.

Altho anyone convicted of fighting for IS (or promoting them, e.g. Choudary) ends up in prison.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Someone on 5 live has just said that we should bring the death penalty back for on 12:25 - Mar 23 with 1668 viewsBenters

Someone on 5 live has just said that we should bring the death penalty back for on 12:15 - Mar 23 by Swansea_Blue

What's tricky about the death penalty not being a deterrent for suicide attacks?

Thats what i meant

Gentlybentley

Someone on 5 live has just said that we should bring the death penalty back for on 12:27 - Mar 23 with 1651 viewsBlueBadger

Someone on 5 live has just said that we should bring the death penalty back for on 12:25 - Mar 23 by Benters

Thats what i meant

Why not just say that then?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Someone on 5 live has just said that we should bring the death penalty back for on 12:31 - Mar 23 with 1629 viewsBenters

Someone on 5 live has just said that we should bring the death penalty back for on 12:20 - Mar 23 by Guthrum

I tend to agree on your final statement.

Altho anyone convicted of fighting for IS (or promoting them, e.g. Choudary) ends up in prison.

Prison isnt any good they just pass their hatred on to other people .

Gentlybentley

on 12:33 - Mar 23 with 1624 views_

Login to get fewer ads

Someone on 5 live has just said that we should bring the death penalty back for on 12:34 - Mar 23 with 1607 viewsSwansea_Blue

Someone on 5 live has just said that we should bring the death penalty back for on 12:25 - Mar 23 by Benters

Thats what i meant

Ah, I see what you mean. My sarchasm detector's not switched on today.

Carry on.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Someone on 5 live has just said that we should bring the death penalty back for on 12:34 - Mar 23 with 1607 viewsGuthrum

Someone on 5 live has just said that we should bring the death penalty back for on 12:31 - Mar 23 by Benters

Prison isnt any good they just pass their hatred on to other people .

Tends to be more of an issue with European (particularly French) jihadists. Most of the British ones are radicalised over the internet or through social groups, not in prison.

Someone on 5 live has just said that we should bring the death penalty back for on 12:35 - Mar 23 with 1600 viewsLord_Lucan

on 12:33 - Mar 23 by _

Yeah it's a bit daft as it brings you down to their level so you immediately lose your position of moral power.

Personally I don't think the death penalty is justified for anything, it's barbaric.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Someone on 5 live has just said that we should bring the death penalty back for on 12:36 - Mar 23 with 1577 viewsblue_oyster

We don't need to bring back the death penalty. It is now routinely carried out by the armed police on the streets, with no trial.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Someone on 5 live has just said that we should bring the death penalty back for on 12:37 - Mar 23 with 1563 viewsBenters

on 12:33 - Mar 23 by _

It doesnt amaze me you feel like that.

Gentlybentley

Someone on 5 live has just said that we should bring the death penalty back for on 12:39 - Mar 23 with 1546 viewsBenters

Someone on 5 live has just said that we should bring the death penalty back for on 12:27 - Mar 23 by BlueBadger

Why not just say that then?

I know what i meant .

Havent you got a hospital floor to buff up so to speak ?

Gentlybentley

Someone on 5 live has just said that we should bring the death penalty back for on 12:39 - Mar 23 with 1546 viewsWD19

So long as it extends to littering, allowing dogs to foul the pavement and paying cash in hand for anything I am in.
on 12:41 - Mar 23 with 1534 views_

Someone on 5 live has just said that we should bring the death penalty back for on 12:35 - Mar 23 by Lord_Lucan

Yeah it's a bit daft as it brings you down to their level so you immediately lose your position of moral power.

Personally I don't think the death penalty is justified for anything, it's barbaric.

Someone on 5 live has just said that we should bring the death penalty back for on 12:41 - Mar 23 with 1532 viewsBenters

Someone on 5 live has just said that we should bring the death penalty back for on 12:39 - Mar 23 by WD19

So long as it extends to littering, allowing dogs to foul the pavement and paying cash in hand for anything I am in.

Cyclists?

Gentlybentley

Someone on 5 live has just said that we should bring the death penalty back for on 12:42 - Mar 23 with 1523 viewsGuthrum

Someone on 5 live has just said that we should bring the death penalty back for on 12:36 - Mar 23 by blue_oyster

We don't need to bring back the death penalty. It is now routinely carried out by the armed police on the streets, with no trial.

I wouldn't describe shooting a suicide attacker to prevent them succeeding is equivalent to the death penalty. It's the only way to stop one, after all.

There have, however, been some distinctly dubious goings on in other parts of the country (e.g. the incident on the M62).

on 12:43 - Mar 23 with 1513 views_

Someone on 5 live has just said that we should bring the death penalty back for on 12:39 - Mar 23 by Benters

I know what i meant .

Havent you got a hospital floor to buff up so to speak ?

Someone on 5 live has just said that we should bring the death penalty back for on 12:46 - Mar 23 with 1471 viewsBenters

Someone on 5 live has just said that we should bring the death penalty back for on 12:36 - Mar 23 by blue_oyster

Yeah but they did their best to bring him back to life.

You mustnt forget what this fkn div had just done .

Gentlybentley

Someone on 5 live has just said that we should bring the death penalty back for on 12:48 - Mar 23 with 1438 viewsFtnfwest

well the main relief for me yesterday was hearing that everyone in scotland is ok and there's no terror threat on scotland, so thanks for that nicola. Presume areas such as east anglia with higher populations than scotland are ok as well?
Someone on 5 live has just said that we should bring the death penalty back for on 12:48 - Mar 23 with 1434 viewsJosebadleg

Someone on 5 live has just said that we should bring the death penalty back for on 12:46 - Mar 23 by Benters

Yeah but they did their best to bring him back to life.

You mustnt forget what this fkn div had just done .

'Dead men tell no tales'
I can understand why they tried to keep him alive to question to see if there were any other c-units involved in the attack yesterday.

They say I have a short attenti.........
Poll: What are you looking for in the new manager

Someone on 5 live has just said that we should bring the death penalty back for on 12:54 - Mar 23 with 1376 viewsWD19

Someone on 5 live has just said that we should bring the death penalty back for on 12:41 - Mar 23 by Benters

Cyclists?

Do they foul the pavement? Perhaps some of the older ones do it inadvertently!?
Someone on 5 live has just said that we should bring the death penalty back for on 12:55 - Mar 23 with 1372 viewsGlasgowBlue

Someone on 5 live has just said that we should bring the death penalty back for on 12:48 - Mar 23 by Ftnfwest

well the main relief for me yesterday was hearing that everyone in scotland is ok and there's no terror threat on scotland, so thanks for that nicola. Presume areas such as east anglia with higher populations than scotland are ok as well?

Who said there is no terror threat in Scotland.

We had an attack at Glasgow airport a few years back.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Someone on 5 live has just said that we should bring the death penalty back for on 13:06 - Mar 23 with 1307 viewsFtnfwest

Someone on 5 live has just said that we should bring the death penalty back for on 12:55 - Mar 23 by GlasgowBlue

Who said there is no terror threat in Scotland.

We had an attack at Glasgow airport a few years back.

nicola. sorry just winds me up
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024