Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I am being serious here but I don't think we could achieve a full house for a 14:30 - Mar 23 with 2323 viewsLord_Lucan

game even if it was free to get in, I genuinely don't, such is the lack of interest in all things ITFC at the moment.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I am being serious here but I don't think we could achieve a full house for a on 16:09 - Mar 23 with 737 viewsNo9

I have to say I agree with you
I am being serious here but I don't think we could achieve a full house for a on 16:39 - Mar 23 with 720 viewsDeano69

I am being serious here but I don't think we could achieve a full house for a on 14:38 - Mar 23 by The_Romford_Blue

I reckon between 22k and 25k for Newcastle

Doubt it'll be a sell out which is a surprise as I'd have been adamant at the start of the season it would

It will be a definite indicator of interest, £10 and £3 (kids) tickets available, all but a premier League side, Sir Bobby etc etc

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

I am being serious here but I don't think we could achieve a full house for a on 17:09 - Mar 23 with 680 viewsbournemouthblue

And it's not solely down to the quality of football

It is a collective failure over years of poor marketing and a lack of resources put towards sales

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

I am being serious here but I don't think we could achieve a full house for a on 17:32 - Mar 23 with 665 viewsstrikalite

I am being serious here but I don't think we could achieve a full house for a on 17:09 - Mar 23 by bournemouthblue

And it's not solely down to the quality of football

It is a collective failure over years of poor marketing and a lack of resources put towards sales

The quality of football imo has a lot to do with it, to have thousands of fans home game after home game walk out muttering it was shocking has to take it's toll...especially seeing that nothing is changing or trying to change and improve ultimately with half decent signings..

You can take the odd bad game of course, and winning playing awful can be tolerated no doubt, but playing badly and not winning is the recipe for towel throwing over a season, especially then being asked to pay more for watching it...
I am being serious here but I don't think we could achieve a full house for a on 17:48 - Mar 23 with 652 viewsSteve_M

I am being serious here but I don't think we could achieve a full house for a on 16:39 - Mar 23 by Deano69

It will be a definite indicator of interest, £10 and £3 (kids) tickets available, all but a premier League side, Sir Bobby etc etc

Plus a side we're only playing for the second time in 15 years rather than nearly every season like some.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I am being serious here but I don't think we could achieve a full house for a on 17:50 - Mar 23 with 648 viewsSteve_M

I am being serious here but I don't think we could achieve a full house for a on 16:08 - Mar 23 by feelingblue

There have always been a fair number of people who won't go to the derby games, because they became such an unpleasant experience.

Losing to them isn't that bad, apart from that one time under Jewell.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I am being serious here but I don't think we could achieve a full house for a on 17:55 - Mar 23 with 649 viewsBenters

I have had loads of offers of free season tickets from time to time,but i really cant be fkd at the mo.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

ABSOLUTELY on 18:19 - Mar 23 with 636 viewsunstableblue

it ain't the pricing, it ain't the quality of catering, it ain't the perception of ITFC back office management....

Its the fact we generally play poor football... apart from the few occasions the manager breaks type and selects youth, technical players and a more progressive system.

Our coaching and system ethos is the problem.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Login to get fewer ads

ABSOLUTELY on 18:21 - Mar 23 with 636 viewsSomethingBlue

ABSOLUTELY on 18:19 - Mar 23 by unstableblue

it ain't the pricing, it ain't the quality of catering, it ain't the perception of ITFC back office management....

Its the fact we generally play poor football... apart from the few occasions the manager breaks type and selects youth, technical players and a more progressive system.

Our coaching and system ethos is the problem.

Perhaps it's "a" problem; but I think you make a huge mistake in choosing to overlook the macro issue. Not worth pegging everything on the dislike of Mick you've evinced since day one — the problems ITFC faces are too big and the stakes too high, so all you're doing is a huge disservice to your club.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

ABSOLUTELY on 22:55 - Mar 23 with 561 viewsunstableblue

ABSOLUTELY on 18:21 - Mar 23 by SomethingBlue

Perhaps it's "a" problem; but I think you make a huge mistake in choosing to overlook the macro issue. Not worth pegging everything on the dislike of Mick you've evinced since day one — the problems ITFC faces are too big and the stakes too high, so all you're doing is a huge disservice to your club.

Please give it a rest SomethingBlue, its really tiresome.

If you ever read my match reports through Mick's reign then you'd know that whenever we have played well, I have praised Mick to the hilt and shown great optimism to his project. We all know the strengths he can bring, and through his time here it has clicked on a number occasions. Plus he has made some great loan and permanent signings.

But I'm not deluded or unable to see when a system, selection, shape and energy is not working. And certainly I was not fooled by tight wins at home where we generally sat deep, and were out passed by (then) lower resourced teams. His style has not been sustainable, especially now with our limited resources. What games have you been going to over the last 2 seasons?

I know you're obsessed by quantitative evidence, but if you don't realize that the brand of football - not the results - has turned thousands of blues off going to Portman Road, then I think it's best to just disagree. Rather than objecting to everything I post.

Ignore.

ABSOLUTELY on 23:08 - Mar 23 with 537 viewsfeelingblue

ABSOLUTELY on 22:55 - Mar 23 by unstableblue

Please give it a rest SomethingBlue, its really tiresome.

If you ever read my match reports through Mick's reign then you'd know that whenever we have played well, I have praised Mick to the hilt and shown great optimism to his project. We all know the strengths he can bring, and through his time here it has clicked on a number occasions. Plus he has made some great loan and permanent signings.

But I'm not deluded or unable to see when a system, selection, shape and energy is not working. And certainly I was not fooled by tight wins at home where we generally sat deep, and were out passed by (then) lower resourced teams. His style has not been sustainable, especially now with our limited resources. What games have you been going to over the last 2 seasons?

I know you're obsessed by quantitative evidence, but if you don't realize that the brand of football - not the results - has turned thousands of blues off going to Portman Road, then I think it's best to just disagree. Rather than objecting to everything I post.

Ignore.

As always, it is about results, not how well we played.

We all like to think about some sort of ITFC style, but I was there in the '70s when we played a variety of hoofball, successful hoofball, though.

Lump it at Whymark and chase the knockdown. It was very effective and we loved it.
I am being serious here but I don't think we could achieve a full house for a on 06:48 - Mar 24 with 500 viewsBenters

I am being serious here but I don't think we could achieve a full house for a on 14:38 - Mar 23 by The_Romford_Blue

I reckon between 22k and 25k for Newcastle

Doubt it'll be a sell out which is a surprise as I'd have been adamant at the start of the season it would

20k max i reckon .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

ABSOLUTELY on 08:49 - Mar 24 with 473 viewsunstableblue

ABSOLUTELY on 23:08 - Mar 23 by feelingblue

As always, it is about results, not how well we played.

We all like to think about some sort of ITFC style, but I was there in the '70s when we played a variety of hoofball, successful hoofball, though.

Lump it at Whymark and chase the knockdown. It was very effective and we loved it.

Of course results are a sign of progress, and progress up the table and out of this league is the ultimate goal.

But there are three key points here:

1 - no one should have expectations of 'moon on a stick' barcelonaesque football at Portman Road, but you have to get a blend energy, strength and a technical system. We've had that under Mick on occasions - take the Norwich home game this season. There were lots of positives in that performance. And by no means was it brilliant in terms of short passing or movement - or style. Teams that have been promoted in the main of late actually do tend to play with some style, but there's also the Burnleys who matched being tough to beat, with energy and attacking intent. We have simply not shown enough attacking intent and energy over the last 2 seasons, period. And indeed in our play-off season there were many mediocre performances.

2 - Ipswich do want to see some kind of 'style' as you point out some of our best teams have been quite direct; but we are devoid of that. The Leeds game this season was a real positive I think we clicked and we had the right personnel on the pitch, and there was energy. But the. We just revert to type, which is speculative distribution and not committing many men forward. I can only go by the town fans I know and they are leaving not because of results, they'd go if we were mid table all season, because they're fans. They're leaving because whatever style we are playing is dull. You go through the BBC and Sky reports over the last 2 seasons, and the word dull and poor are littered through them.

3 - finally, with our budget and situation we actually need a more technical style and shape. We need to become better than the sum of our parts. Not rely on a high value winger, or striker. But most of all we need to play with energy and actually trouble teams. The Blackburn home game was a disgrace in terms of our defensive bias.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024