Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jaime Peters 14:30 - Mar 23 with 3685 viewsThatMuhrenCross

With Scotland playing Canada yesterday, I half expected to check the team sheet and see a certain Mr Jaime Peters in the away team's line-up. I was bemused to see he wasn't even in the squad.

A quick Wikipedia search allowed me to see that he has been without a club for five years now. He's still only 29.

What's he up to these days?

I remember reading an article earlier this week that suggested more of these pacey wingers who don't necessarily have enough of an end product to go far in that position, could be better suited to playing the defensive midfield role that N'Golo Kante has made his own. I can't help but think Peters, with his experience of also playing right back, could have been the perfect fit for that right now.

Such a shame to see he's not playing. Seemed such a talent once upon a time.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Jaime Peters on 14:33 - Mar 23 with 3652 viewshype313

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Jaime Peters on 14:34 - Mar 23 with 3643 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Wasn't his signing accompanied by fanfair and expectation as ManU were supposedly interested as well?
Jaime Peters on 14:37 - Mar 23 with 3633 viewsUncle_Bulgaria

He played centre-mid away at Millwall in the League Cup one year. We won 2-1 and he was absolutely outstanding. Never played there again.
Jaime Peters on 14:38 - Mar 23 with 3623 viewsLord_Lucan

Jaime Peters on 14:34 - Mar 23 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Wasn't his signing accompanied by fanfair and expectation as ManU were supposedly interested as well?

Yes.

I never got over the size of his arse.

To be fair though, Jaime Peters would walk into our side right now.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Jaime Peters on 15:52 - Mar 23 with 3422 viewsBLUEBEAT

Jaime Peters on 14:38 - Mar 23 by Lord_Lucan

Yes.

Well, he'd waddle in

Due to the size of his MASSIVE ARSE

Poll: W or W

Jaime Peters on 18:21 - Mar 23 with 3228 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Jaime Peters on 14:38 - Mar 23 by Lord_Lucan

Yes.

Calm down. We're sh1t but we aren't that sh1t...

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Jaime Peters on 18:27 - Mar 23 with 3206 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

He'd still be a better full back than either Chambers or Knudsen.
Jaime Peters on 19:50 - Mar 23 with 3087 viewsYallop

Jaime Peters on 18:27 - Mar 23 by FrowsyArmLarry

He'd still be a better full back than either Chambers or Knudsen.

He couldn't trap a medicine ball
Login to get fewer ads

Jaime Peters on 19:55 - Mar 23 with 3077 viewsJ2BLUE

I spent ages on here saying play him as a DM. I played him there on Fifa and won promotion which obviously proves my point beyond all argument.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Jaime Peters on 19:58 - Mar 23 with 3063 viewsbadadski

Jaime Peters on 19:55 - Mar 23 by J2BLUE

I spent ages on here saying play him as a DM. I played him there on Fifa and won promotion which obviously proves my point beyond all argument.

He did play as a right back/wing back for us once and looked attrocious, it was a cup game against a lower league opposition that we were knocked out by. He looked like a Rabbit caught in the headlights and was too scared to do anything.
Jaime Peters on 20:16 - Mar 23 with 3003 viewsJ2BLUE

Jaime Peters on 19:58 - Mar 23 by badadski

He did play as a right back/wing back for us once and looked attrocious, it was a cup game against a lower league opposition that we were knocked out by. He looked like a Rabbit caught in the headlights and was too scared to do anything.

He played RB against Arsenal in the cup and was superb?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Jaime Peters on 20:44 - Mar 23 with 2955 viewsbadadski

Jaime Peters on 20:16 - Mar 23 by J2BLUE

He didn't play right back against Arsenal, he played as a spare player picking up and man marking Arshavin all game, this he did Excel at though, I agree.
Jaime Peters on 20:45 - Mar 23 with 2952 viewsBluefish

Jaime Peters on 14:37 - Mar 23 by Uncle_Bulgaria

He played centre-mid away at Millwall in the League Cup one year. We won 2-1 and he was absolutely outstanding. Never played there again.

Didn't he play there for the first game of the season under keane. I can't remember where I was but it was away up north somewhere?

It was possibly for away? Delaney was left back and awful and priskin was sub and awful
[Post edited 23 Mar 2017 20:51]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Jaime Peters on 21:02 - Mar 23 with 2896 viewsHerbivore

Jaime Peters on 20:45 - Mar 23 by Bluefish

Didn't he play there for the first game of the season under keane. I can't remember where I was but it was away up north somewhere?

It was possibly for away? Delaney was left back and awful and priskin was sub and awful

Think it was Coventry away. Seem to remember we bossed it but contrived to lose.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jaime Peters on 21:32 - Mar 23 with 2850 viewsBluefish

Jaime Peters on 21:02 - Mar 23 by Herbivore

Think it was Coventry away. Seem to remember we bossed it but contrived to lose.

My edit was supposed to say cov away but it got autocorrected. Pete's was excellent

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Jaime Peters on 21:55 - Mar 23 with 2760 viewsbournemouthblue

Didn't Keane experiment with Peters in the middle?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Jaime Peters on 21:57 - Mar 23 with 2754 viewsbournemouthblue

Jaime Peters on 20:16 - Mar 23 by J2BLUE

He was awesome in that game, no doubt about it

Paul Jewell came in and dropped him for the away leg, the sign of things to come :(

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Jaime Peters on 12:36 - Mar 24 with 2431 viewsitfcinwales

Jaime Peters on 20:45 - Mar 23 by Bluefish

Pretty sure it was Middlesbrough, he actually played really well that game too, as everyone looked bemused by his selection at RB, but we won 3-2 and after everyone was saying thats HAS to be his new position.

Its a shame he never lived up to his potential. trouble was he was brilliant on his good days and if he had a bad day he had a BAD day.

Didnt Jason De Vos say something a couple of years ago that he "fell into the wrong crowd" or something along those lines and that was why he never made it?
Jaime Peters on 12:40 - Mar 24 with 2413 viewsSwailsey

I'll always remember the game that he did his hamstring with about 5 minutes to go, when we'd used all our subs and he just hobbled around. We still won though. Maybe against Norwich?

Very hot and cold player for me. I remember him playing CM quite a few times (although my memory may not be right) and that he looked pretty good at RB.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Jaime Peters on 12:42 - Mar 24 with 2410 viewsPhilTWTD

Jaime Peters on 19:58 - Mar 23 by badadski

Played there fairly regularly under Keane. Every time the opposition had a pacy winger he'd play JP at right-back. Not much of a defender but his pace got him out of trouble.

If I remember rightly, his first game at full-back was as a sub at left-back in the 3-2 victory over Norwich - Jim's last game - in which he impressed.
Jaime Peters on 15:22 - Mar 24 with 2243 viewsRoyKeanesDog

"Jaime Peters always looks like an absolutely awful player having the game of his life"- quote from BlueInBrum, the infrequent poster who turns up once and while to remind us that Brexit is a ridiculous idea.

Poll: Best Football Song

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024