Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook 15:33 - Mar 23 with 8110 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The number of EDL and Britain first stuff I've seen being shared from old school mates, etc.

Normal people most of the time and then suddenly they become racists. Commenting stuff like 'this is what happens when you allow muslims into this country'. Or sharing that photo of the woman on her phone on the bridge with the hijab (think that's what it's called) on whilst there's an injured person on the floor being attended to.

Like seriously.. it's incredible how many people lose their senses. Blaming a whole religion for the actions of one c**t.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

on 21:54 - Mar 23 with 1276 views_

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:48 - Mar 23 by taximan

no i'm not

answer my question

did i, or did i not use the m word ?

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 22:00 - Mar 23 with 1250 viewsRyorry

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:54 - Mar 23 by taximan

so as far as you can see i didn't use the m word ?

thanks

You very clearly implied it.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 22:54 - Mar 23 with 1216 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 21:27 - Mar 23 by J2BLUE

Walk away mate. Everyone can see you're right and he's arguing on a very thinly veiled technicality.

Yes that's me done

Sticking question time on now. On your advice

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 22:59 - Mar 23 with 1204 viewsvapour_trail

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 22:54 - Mar 23 by The_Romford_Blue

Yes that's me done

You should always take j2's advice*

* except if you're considering any sort of culinary adventure.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 23:16 - Mar 23 with 1187 viewssyntaxerror

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 16:36 - Mar 23 by The_Romford_Blue

I think I started one yesterday. I'll start as many as I choose to thanks.

I can't say I'm suprised that you disagree with me though. After your comments saying the same thing on here yesterday.

Nutter kills innocent people and your (like the people I was referring to on Facebook) first instinct is to moan about the religion that is Muslim.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2017 16:44]

Rommy, the post you have responded to was brought to us by the EDL / National Front.
All reasonable people in our country marginalise them as a small minded bunch of racist thigs.
So just let him live in his little world of hate, and realise you are the better person.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2017 23:18]
Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 23:26 - Mar 23 with 1167 viewssyntaxerror

on 21:54 - Mar 23 by _

Bell*nd is very kind, Libby.
Call him out for what he is. A racist.
The more we pander to racist hate speakers the more this kind of thing becomes accepted.
Post Brexit, the UK has taken a step to the right. The Far right, or white supremacists, whatever they are called now feel like they have a platform. They need to be put back into the loony bin they came from.
Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 23:31 - Mar 23 with 1152 viewssparks

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 23:26 - Mar 23 by syntaxerror

The more we pander to racist hate speakers the more this kind of thing becomes accepted.
Post Brexit, the UK has taken a step to the right. The Far right, or white supremacists, whatever they are called now feel like they have a platform. They need to be put back into the loony bin they came from.

Britain First are sneeky. They put out posts which seem patriotic and innocuous. Many repost them without realising who they are inadvertanelty appearing to support.

Islam, incidently, is not a race. Its important we keep aware of the difference between criticising ideologies and people...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 23:33 - Mar 23 with 1133 viewsJ2BLUE

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 22:59 - Mar 23 by vapour_trail

You should always take j2's advice*

* except if you're considering any sort of culinary adventure.

I advise you to send me £50 Rommers.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 23:36 - Mar 23 with 1129 viewsGlasgowBlue

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 23:26 - Mar 23 by syntaxerror

The UK hasn't taken a step to the right post Brexit.

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexit/2017/03/17/talk-of-a-nonexistent-tide-of-hate-agai

I would suggest you look st the results in recent election in Austria and Holland. Throw in the fact that Le Pen is certain to win the first round of the French elections and attacks against immigrants has increased vastly in Germany, with running battles between sinheads and immigrants a regular occurrence and I'd suggest this country is grounded very much in the centre.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 23:36 - Mar 23 with 1131 viewssyntaxerror

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 23:31 - Mar 23 by sparks

Britain First are sneeky. They put out posts which seem patriotic and innocuous. Many repost them without realising who they are inadvertanelty appearing to support.

Islam, incidently, is not a race. Its important we keep aware of the difference between criticising ideologies and people...

You are completely correct, though Islamaphobia is exacerbated by the fact that most of its practitioners are not white Anglo-Saxon.
Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 23:39 - Mar 23 with 1122 viewssparks

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 23:36 - Mar 23 by syntaxerror

You are completely correct, though Islamaphobia is exacerbated by the fact that most of its practitioners are not white Anglo-Saxon.

I think we need to be very careful about "islamophobia".

Some perfectly sound and reasonable arguments get shut down by that term.

People like Majiid Nawaz and Maryam Nawazie get labelled with this stuff.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 23:41 - Mar 23 with 1117 viewssyntaxerror

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 23:36 - Mar 23 by GlasgowBlue

The UK hasn't taken a step to the right post Brexit.

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexit/2017/03/17/talk-of-a-nonexistent-tide-of-hate-agai

I would suggest you look st the results in recent election in Austria and Holland. Throw in the fact that Le Pen is certain to win the first round of the French elections and attacks against immigrants has increased vastly in Germany, with running battles between sinheads and immigrants a regular occurrence and I'd suggest this country is grounded very much in the centre.

One blog... against the documented rise in hate crimes? Increase in vote to UKIP?
Surely you cannot deny the far right has made gains in the last few years, UK and worldwide?
Are you not concerned?
Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 23:43 - Mar 23 with 1109 viewssyntaxerror

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 23:39 - Mar 23 by sparks

I think we need to be very careful about "islamophobia".

Some perfectly sound and reasonable arguments get shut down by that term.

People like Majiid Nawaz and Maryam Nawazie get labelled with this stuff.

Thanks, I will have a read
Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 23:49 - Mar 23 with 1100 viewsGlasgowBlue

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 23:41 - Mar 23 by syntaxerror

One blog... against the documented rise in hate crimes? Increase in vote to UKIP?
Surely you cannot deny the far right has made gains in the last few years, UK and worldwide?
Are you not concerned?

If you think UKIP represent the far right then you need to get yourself to Germany to take a look at AFD who will probably come third in this year's German elections.

They advocate shooting refugees who try to enter into Germany from the Australian border.

The "documented" rise in hate crime post Brexit is a debate for another day as it's too late at night. But several of the so called hate crimes inspired by Brexit have been nothing of the sort. The death of the Polish bloke in Harlow is one example of bandwagon jumping that was complexly wide of the mark.

i would suggest that Europe has a much bigger problem with the far right than this country. We don't do extremism.

The fact that people portray Corbyn as extreme left and May as extreme right in this country highlights the fact that we don't tip our toe to far in that particular water. Because neither of them are anything if the sort.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2017 23:50]

Iron Lion Zion

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 23:57 - Mar 23 with 1078 viewsGlasgowBlue

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 23:43 - Mar 23 by syntaxerror

Thanks, I will have a read

Nawaz is a very thoughtful writer.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/05/08/the-secret-life-of-sadiq-khan-l

Iron Lion Zion

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 00:18 - Mar 24 with 1047 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 22:54 - Mar 23 by The_Romford_Blue

Yes that's me done

Very good J2

Have set next weeks episode up for record and series linked

Cheers

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 00:28 - Mar 24 with 1034 viewssyntaxerror

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 23:49 - Mar 23 by GlasgowBlue

If you think UKIP represent the far right then you need to get yourself to Germany to take a look at AFD who will probably come third in this year's German elections.

They advocate shooting refugees who try to enter into Germany from the Australian border.

The "documented" rise in hate crime post Brexit is a debate for another day as it's too late at night. But several of the so called hate crimes inspired by Brexit have been nothing of the sort. The death of the Polish bloke in Harlow is one example of bandwagon jumping that was complexly wide of the mark.

i would suggest that Europe has a much bigger problem with the far right than this country. We don't do extremism.

The fact that people portray Corbyn as extreme left and May as extreme right in this country highlights the fact that we don't tip our toe to far in that particular water. Because neither of them are anything if the sort.

A very fair and intelligent reply, Glassers.
Lets just hope you are correct, and the opinions of people like Taximan are just a tiny minority.
Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 00:35 - Mar 24 with 1013 viewsvapour_trail

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 23:49 - Mar 23 by GlasgowBlue

Only idiots portray Corbyn and may as far anything.

However I think you underestimate the number of "far" inclined people in this country and I think the party you support is guilty of ratcheting up the rhetoric in order to galvanise these idiots. Not just your party mind, but that's relevant to you as someone who has a potential route back into front line politics.

Are you going to race to the bottom and recruit the local equivalents of the top gear crew to do your bidding?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 04:52 - Mar 24 with 971 viewsBenters

on 21:54 - Mar 23 by _

Great stuff what have i said wrong then ?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 05:07 - Mar 24 with 967 viewsBenters

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:30 - Mar 23 by The_Romford_Blue

Radicalised terrorists of any religion

Agree but at the mo its Radicaliazed Muslims who are carrying out all these attacks,can we at least agree on that? All the Muslims i have met are ok,i have no problem with any faith.

Islamic State has told its followers to kill as many westerners as possible.

My neighbour is a Vicar he likes trains and his garden,when i was very ill close to death infact,he and his flock prayed for me in his church .When he drives up to his church in the next village,as far as i know he doesnt try to run anybody down.

I will say it again 'Radicaliazed Muslim' not 'Muslim'

Gentlybentley

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 05:18 - Mar 24 with 955 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 05:07 - Mar 24 by Benters

Agree but at the mo its Radicaliazed Muslims who are carrying out all these attacks,can we at least agree on that? All the Muslims i have met are ok,i have no problem with any faith.

Islamic State has told its followers to kill as many westerners as possible.

My neighbour is a Vicar he likes trains and his garden,when i was very ill close to death infact,he and his flock prayed for me in his church .When he drives up to his church in the next village,as far as i know he doesnt try to run anybody down.

I will say it again 'Radicaliazed Muslim' not 'Muslim'

That nutter who slaughtered Jo cox to make a political point wasn't a Muslim as far as I'm aware. Or the Norwegian who killed 160 students.

I see your point. And it least you aren't tarring ALL Muslims. Unlike your pal.

I wonder if you agree with him.. do you think whatever religion the murderering scum follows should be completely banned? Taxi clearly implied Muslim religion but we don't know either way yet. But would you agree that whatever religion it is, should be completely banned in the United Kingdom?

Genuine question for you Benters.

I await your reply with interest and shall read in the morning. Off to sleep now. Night.

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 05:36 - Mar 24 with 946 viewsBenters

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 05:18 - Mar 24 by The_Romford_Blue

That nutter who slaughtered Jo cox to make a political point wasn't a Muslim as far as I'm aware. Or the Norwegian who killed 160 students.

I see your point. And it least you aren't tarring ALL Muslims. Unlike your pal.

I wonder if you agree with him.. do you think whatever religion the murderering scum follows should be completely banned? Taxi clearly implied Muslim religion but we don't know either way yet. But would you agree that whatever religion it is, should be completely banned in the United Kingdom?

Genuine question for you Benters.

I await your reply with interest and shall read in the morning. Off to sleep now. Night.

I was talking about the attack in London on Wednesday .

The chap who killed Jo Cox should have also been hung.Is that Norwegian chap still alive ?

Im not sure how you can ban a religion ?

Have a nice kip.

Gentlybentley

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 06:14 - Mar 24 with 940 viewsKeaneish

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 20:56 - Mar 23 by taximan

i didn't use the m word

all religion is b0ll0x

especially those that preach and practice hate

Religions don't preach or practice hate. Interpretation of religious text to suit particular ideological contexts give rise to hate when combined with certain sociological problems, mass displacement and migration being one.

All religions have subversive groups who use violence to promote their cause. Islam has become a more prevalent theology primarily because there's a lot of displacement in Sunni Muslim countries largely due to conflict of which many Christian countries are complicit in and have been for generations.

I'm reading the Qur'an at the moment and there's nothing in there about preaching hate. Maybe do the same for an objective viewpoint rather than casting aspersions about a theology which is adopted by over a billion people.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 07:52 - Mar 24 with 898 viewsGlasgowBlue

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 06:14 - Mar 24 by Keaneish

Religions don't preach or practice hate. Interpretation of religious text to suit particular ideological contexts give rise to hate when combined with certain sociological problems, mass displacement and migration being one.

All religions have subversive groups who use violence to promote their cause. Islam has become a more prevalent theology primarily because there's a lot of displacement in Sunni Muslim countries largely due to conflict of which many Christian countries are complicit in and have been for generations.

I'm reading the Qur'an at the moment and there's nothing in there about preaching hate. Maybe do the same for an objective viewpoint rather than casting aspersions about a theology which is adopted by over a billion people.

To say that you have read the Qur'an and found nothing that preaches hate is utter nonsense. There are plenty of verses that preach slavery and murder of non believers. The same goes for the Old Testament.

Iron Lion Zion

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 08:05 - Mar 24 with 887 viewsThePitBoss

Events such a yesterday really show you what morons people can be on Facebook on 06:14 - Mar 24 by Keaneish

Have you got to the bit about the pedophiles yet?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024