Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The ST fiasco 16:21 - Mar 23 with 1162 viewshype313

Not wanting to tear the proverbial out of it. But for me it's quite simple.

In 1991/92 it was £4 for under 14's in the churchmans, fast forward 26 years and on average its circa £18 a home game, now that's not a huge increase in the grand scheme of things.

But for me it's not about the fact that prices have risen per se, it's the fact that we do have to pay more for an inferior product. We are being asked to pay more whilst the investment in the squad diminishes year on year.

ITFC isn't a charity, and the main thing for me if I saw Evans is if you show some enthusiasm and commitment to the squad, then it will be reciprocated by us, the fans.

One final point which gets hammered down our throats is he has to cover the annual shortfall of £5m, well yes, you must have known that would be the case when you bought the club for a snip, because it was financially on its knees, this isn't a surprise. If it is then I will have to seriously look at the business acumen of the guy.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2017 16:28]

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The ST fiasco on 16:24 - Mar 23 with 1118 viewsSteve_M

You aren't quite comparing with like with like there; it was a whole £6 for adults to stand in 91-92.

Context is important here, as much as ME doesn't seem to know what to do with the club, prices have increased because wages have spiralled upwards throughout the leagues because of the tv money, ruining competition as a result.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The ST fiasco on 16:27 - Mar 23 with 1085 viewshype313

The ST fiasco on 16:24 - Mar 23 by Steve_M

You aren't quite comparing with like with like there; it was a whole £6 for adults to stand in 91-92.

Context is important here, as much as ME doesn't seem to know what to do with the club, prices have increased because wages have spiralled upwards throughout the leagues because of the tv money, ruining competition as a result.

Sorry, I wasn't comparing apples with apples, however even at £6 it hasn't risen that dramatically given the timeframe, and especially as football is a completely different beast now, to back in the early nineties.

The ST fiasco on 16:28 - Mar 23 with 1079 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Phil said that wages and investment wise, we are about where we should be in the league.

So therefore the prices should be some of the cheapest in the league.

The concession age fiasco is an absolute shambles

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

The ST fiasco on 16:30 - Mar 23 with 1062 viewsITFC_Forever

The ST fiasco on 16:28 - Mar 23 by The_Romford_Blue

Phil said that wages and investment wise, we are about where we should be in the league.

So therefore the prices should be some of the cheapest in the league.

The concession age fiasco is an absolute shambles

No - if our prices were cheaper, our income would be lower still.

So we would expect to be even lower in the league.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

The ST fiasco on 16:32 - Mar 23 with 1047 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The ST fiasco on 16:30 - Mar 23 by ITFC_Forever

No - if our prices were cheaper, our income would be lower still.

So we would expect to be even lower in the league.

I didn't mean it literally

I was using Milnes examples of us copying everyone else. With the kits and all that nonsense

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

The ST fiasco on 16:50 - Mar 23 with 971 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Your final point is often overlooked. Evans knew exactly what he was buying into. Unfortunately he also bought the hype that a relatively modest investment would see us promoted. This is a business deal gone badly wrong for him and he doesn't know whether to stick or twist.

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

The ST fiasco on 16:52 - Mar 23 with 959 viewsITFC_Forever

The ST fiasco on 16:50 - Mar 23 by southnorfolkblue

Your final point is often overlooked. Evans knew exactly what he was buying into. Unfortunately he also bought the hype that a relatively modest investment would see us promoted. This is a business deal gone badly wrong for him and he doesn't know whether to stick or twist.

With the money we've spent (wasted), we could well have gone up under a decent manager.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

The ST fiasco on 16:54 - Mar 23 with 950 viewsstrikalite

" We are being asked to pay more whilst the investment in the squad diminishes year on year. "

It's all about this, ST prices are still good value, anything around the £20 mark I don't think anybody can grumble about, but paying it knowing nothing is being invested to at least compete or give us a glimmer of hope, really won't wash with the fans..

Also, when people fail to renew, the Club continue to shoot themselves in the foot with the match day prices, if somehow things take an upturn on the pitch, previous ST holders won't be easily enticed back at £33 at shot....
Login to get fewer ads

The ST fiasco on 16:58 - Mar 23 with 926 viewshype313

The ST fiasco on 16:54 - Mar 23 by strikalite

" We are being asked to pay more whilst the investment in the squad diminishes year on year. "

It's all about this, ST prices are still good value, anything around the £20 mark I don't think anybody can grumble about, but paying it knowing nothing is being invested to at least compete or give us a glimmer of hope, really won't wash with the fans..

Also, when people fail to renew, the Club continue to shoot themselves in the foot with the match day prices, if somehow things take an upturn on the pitch, previous ST holders won't be easily enticed back at £33 at shot....

Just a shame that we can all see this but the club hierarchy don't, or don't want to.

The ST fiasco on 17:26 - Mar 23 with 872 viewsPhilTWTD

The ST fiasco on 16:54 - Mar 23 by strikalite

Putting everything else to one side, the point re investment diminishing year on year isn't true. It has actually increased season on season, the wage bill - which is virtually all expenditure - has gone up each season. The issue is that investment/wealth elsewhere has significantly increased.

This post has been edited by an administrator
The ST fiasco on 17:38 - Mar 23 with 824 viewshype313

The ST fiasco on 17:26 - Mar 23 by PhilTWTD

Putting everything else to one side, the point re investment diminishing year on year isn't true. It has actually increased season on season, the wage bill - which is virtually all expenditure - has gone up each season. The issue is that investment/wealth elsewhere has significantly increased.

This post has been edited by an administrator

That might be so Phil, but that's ridiculous to think not only have we replaced decent players with inferior players, we have actually paid them more. Somebody somewhere is making big mistakes in my eyes.

I could understand the increased investment if we were playing well, winning more and watching better players than we previously had, but that's not the case. We are going backwards, whilst our costs are going up, it's bonkers.

The ST fiasco on 17:50 - Mar 23 with 793 viewsPhilTWTD

The ST fiasco on 17:38 - Mar 23 by hype313

That might be so Phil, but that's ridiculous to think not only have we replaced decent players with inferior players, we have actually paid them more. Somebody somewhere is making big mistakes in my eyes.

I could understand the increased investment if we were playing well, winning more and watching better players than we previously had, but that's not the case. We are going backwards, whilst our costs are going up, it's bonkers.

Isn't that, to some extent at least, just an inevitable consequence of the wage inflation in this division over the last year or so? The problem is that in a much-changed market we need to be spending more than we have been to consistently stay in the territory where we finished in the last couple of seasons, let alone push on towards the top of the division.
The ST fiasco on 17:54 - Mar 23 with 773 viewsmonty_radio

If 15th rated expenditure equals 15th place, then Mick's in the clear, and the manager makes no difference. Except, I wonder where we stood in the expenditure stakes during the reigns of Sir Alf and Sir Bob?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024