Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Under 30? 17:58 - Mar 23 with 2256 viewsfactual_blue

Aint life a bitch.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39352654

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Under 30? on 20:11 - Mar 23 with 911 viewsJ2BLUE

Under 30? on 20:08 - Mar 23 by Benters

who helped you get your flat ?

Family. Something i've never denied or bragged about because I was given far more help than I deserve. You know fully well this isn't just about me though. Plenty on here are forced to rent. I honestly couldn't afford market rent on my salary. My only option would be sharing with 1-2 others if I had to rent.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Under 30? on 22:11 - Mar 23 with 864 viewspeterleeblue

One thing is for sure the tourism industry will crash and burn in 15-20 years time. The baby boomers are keeping this going. 4 holidays a year nonsense whilst taking a what should be means tested state pension. I'm actually shagged out actually working my arse of and lucky to get one holiday a year and I watch parents and in laws swanning about all over the place when they don't even need the holiday. All in it together ....I don't think so.
Under 30? on 23:05 - Mar 23 with 832 viewsfeelingblue

Under 30? on 19:01 - Mar 23 by bluelagos

FB, surely you can see the maths is unsustainable for the status quo ref pensions? People are living way longer, so something needs to change with respect to pension provision. I'd argue governments of both colours have been ducking the issue for years, as its hardly a vote winner is it?

LB, that is my point. This should be a vote loser, but why isn't it?

Have tax and NI gone down? No, they have gone up. So why should people pay just as much for less, without a reasoned breakdown of what they are paying for? What happened to all the extra tax they are paying? They live longer but they are paying far more.

There are more expenses, but there are also far more employed tax payers. We have very low unemployment and a historically high level of tax to GDP, yet we are running a huge budget deficit. Why?

Where are the inefficiencies? Do they lie with the tax and NI payer? No, they lie with the government.

My own private pensions were crippled by Gordon Brown when he removed the tax exemption on pension dividends. What did I do to deserve that, and what happened to the additional tax revenues the government gained?

If you really want people to pay for their old age, why discourage them from saving or paying taxes?
Under 30? on 09:33 - Mar 24 with 788 viewsbluefunk

Under 30? on 23:05 - Mar 23 by feelingblue

LB, that is my point. This should be a vote loser, but why isn't it?

Have tax and NI gone down? No, they have gone up. So why should people pay just as much for less, without a reasoned breakdown of what they are paying for? What happened to all the extra tax they are paying? They live longer but they are paying far more.

There are more expenses, but there are also far more employed tax payers. We have very low unemployment and a historically high level of tax to GDP, yet we are running a huge budget deficit. Why?

Where are the inefficiencies? Do they lie with the tax and NI payer? No, they lie with the government.

My own private pensions were crippled by Gordon Brown when he removed the tax exemption on pension dividends. What did I do to deserve that, and what happened to the additional tax revenues the government gained?

If you really want people to pay for their old age, why discourage them from saving or paying taxes?

The demographic issues related to the baby boom generation and advances in medicine are two reasons for the "pensions time bomb". Put simply, state pensions are not sustainable at current levels, because a shrinking tax payer base is funding a growing pensioner population.

To demonstrate, when the state pension was introduced the average life span of someone recieving state pension was 5 years. Now reaching 60 gives you a 1 in 3 chance of making 90.

Pensions are an easy target for Chancellors, as you point out, and State pensions will continue to be pushed back. As for being a vote loser, the real action required to sort out the problem is what would lose votes - as it is, most people aren't immediately affected and therefore it's not a priority issue.
on 09:47 - Mar 24 with 776 views_

Under 30? on 10:20 - Mar 24 with 751 viewsRoyKeanesDog

"Only a man who sits in an office all day could possibly think people can work until the age of 70" - Some builder I once met

Poll: Best Football Song

Under 30? on 10:45 - Mar 24 with 716 viewscaught-in-limbo

The Chinese had a very radical and ultimately catastrophic solution to their demographic problems in their "one child only" policy. But they addressed the problem from the wrong end of society, and so the problem is still being felt today.

The solution needs to be addressed from the other end, with the oldest in society.

Here's my solution to the UK's problem: The "one grandparent only" policy.

Grandchildren decide which one of their grandparents can live beyond the age of 80.

If, for whatever reason, they are unable to decide, the grandparents should face off in a game of Buckaroo! The winner gets to live on.

Get practising Facters!
[Post edited 24 Mar 2017 10:47]

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

What a ridiculous post. on 10:48 - Mar 24 with 708 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Under 30? on 10:45 - Mar 24 by caught-in-limbo

The Chinese had a very radical and ultimately catastrophic solution to their demographic problems in their "one child only" policy. But they addressed the problem from the wrong end of society, and so the problem is still being felt today.

The solution needs to be addressed from the other end, with the oldest in society.

Here's my solution to the UK's problem: The "one grandparent only" policy.

Grandchildren decide which one of their grandparents can live beyond the age of 80.

If, for whatever reason, they are unable to decide, the grandparents should face off in a game of Buckaroo! The winner gets to live on.

Get practising Facters!
[Post edited 24 Mar 2017 10:47]

Pop-up-Pirate is a much better choice.

Login to get fewer ads

What a ridiculous post. on 10:50 - Mar 24 with 703 viewscaught-in-limbo

What a ridiculous post. on 10:48 - Mar 24 by RoyKeanesDog

Pop-up-Pirate is a much better choice.

What would be best for shaming the most insufferable dodderers?

#toxic

What a ridiculous post. on 10:56 - Mar 24 with 690 viewsRoyKeanesDog

What a ridiculous post. on 10:50 - Mar 24 by caught-in-limbo

What would be best for shaming the most insufferable dodderers?

Mousetrap

What a ridiculous post. on 10:57 - Mar 24 with 683 viewscaught-in-limbo

What a ridiculous post. on 10:56 - Mar 24 by RoyKeanesDog

Mousetrap

or Jenga?

#toxic

What a ridiculous post. on 10:57 - Mar 24 with 674 viewsRoyKeanesDog

What a ridiculous post. on 10:57 - Mar 24 by caught-in-limbo

or Jenga?

Twister.

What a ridiculous post. on 11:00 - Mar 24 with 664 viewscaught-in-limbo

What a ridiculous post. on 10:57 - Mar 24 by RoyKeanesDog

Twister.

That's it! Twister.

They can practise throughout their lives and as a result remain fit and supple and less of a financial drain on the health system.

Winner lives on.

#toxic

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024