Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
State funeral for murdered Policeman 18:01 - Mar 23 with 4515 viewsArcher4721

Really?
State funeral for murdered Policeman on 19:05 - Mar 23 with 1209 viewsLord_Lucan

State funeral for murdered Policeman on 19:04 - Mar 23 by oldbluestu

He gave his life defending democracy, he deserves it

Have you any idea how few people get a State Funeral?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

State funeral for murdered Policeman on 19:08 - Mar 23 with 1205 viewsBenters

I think its a wonderful idea and it will bring the people of London and dear old Blighty together .

We cant let a few fkwits ruin our great country.

Rule Britannia.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

State funeral for murdered Policeman on 19:13 - Mar 23 with 1194 viewsfactual_blue

State funeral for murdered Policeman on 19:08 - Mar 23 by Benters

I think its a wonderful idea and it will bring the people of London and dear old Blighty together .

We cant let a few fkwits ruin our great country.

Rule Britannia.

It's funny how those who beat the patriot's drum the loudest have the poorest grasp of this country's history and traditions.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

State funeral for murdered Policeman on 19:33 - Mar 23 with 1160 viewsnbsiyag

State funeral for murdered Policeman on 19:13 - Mar 23 by factual_blue

It's funny how those who beat the patriot's drum the loudest have the poorest grasp of this country's history and traditions.

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel - Samuel Johnson 1775
State funeral for murdered Policeman on 19:38 - Mar 23 with 1149 viewsnoggin

Britain has spread peace and harmony around the world, since forever and that.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

State funeral for murdered Policeman on 19:44 - Mar 23 with 1136 viewsBenters

Stick to winding up the yoof about pensions and buying houses theres a good chap.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

State funeral for murdered Policeman on 19:50 - Mar 23 with 1121 viewsGlasgowBlue

State funeral for murdered Policeman on 19:05 - Mar 23 by Archer4721

Nor did queen Mother or Diana.

I'm starting to get a bit narked at the number of MP's lining up to say how they'll bravely continue to do their job.They work in one of the worlds most secure buildings FFS. They're also trying to claim Mr Palmer as ''one of them''. Not so long ago they were calling his like plebs!

You really do post from a position of ignorance.

One MP spent 15 minutes trying to save Keith Palmer's life. Another served alongside him in the army.

As for being in one of the most secure buildings, had Michael Fallons armed security guard not been there by chance there were no other armed officers keeping the attacker out of the HOC. And that's before we even look at how easy a target an MP is at their weekly surgeries.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

State funeral for murdered Policeman on 19:56 - Mar 23 with 1113 viewsJ2BLUE

State funeral for murdered Policeman on 18:49 - Mar 23 by vapour_trail

Blair should just get hoyed into the river with a couple of heavy weights.

As a heavyweight I beg you not to do that.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

State funeral for murdered Policeman on 20:00 - Mar 23 with 1106 viewsbluelagos

State funeral for murdered Policeman on 19:50 - Mar 23 by GlasgowBlue

One MP spent 15 minutes trying to save Keith Palmer's life. Another served alongside him in the army.

As for being in one of the most secure buildings, had Michael Fallons armed security guard not been there by chance there were no other armed officers keeping the attacker out of the HOC. And that's before we even look at how easy a target an MP is at their weekly surgeries.

I recently spoke to my MP at a surgery and was amazed there was no security. The surgery wasn't advertised as such, so a dodgy character wouldn't have known it was on. But it did strike me that anyone could have brought in a weapon without any difficulty.

Prior to the appointment, I did have to provide my name / phone number so presume some check was made to ensure I wasn't a known danger, but I did feel it was an easy target for some loon.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

State funeral for murdered Policeman on 20:00 - Mar 23 with 1105 viewsLord_Lucan

Are you saying there is no full time armed presence outside HOP?

That is crazy

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

State funeral for murdered Policeman on 20:03 - Mar 23 with 1090 viewsSteve_M

State funeral for murdered Policeman on 19:05 - Mar 23 by Archer4721

Nor did queen Mother or Diana.

I'm starting to get a bit narked at the number of MP's lining up to say how they'll bravely continue to do their job.They work in one of the worlds most secure buildings FFS. They're also trying to claim Mr Palmer as ''one of them''. Not so long ago they were calling his like plebs!

Apart from when they work in their constituencies and meet constituents. Like Jo Cox did.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

State funeral for murdered Policeman on 20:08 - Mar 23 with 1082 viewsbritbiker

State funeral for murdered Policeman on 19:04 - Mar 23 by oldbluestu

He gave his life defending democracy, he deserves it

Based on that then wouldn't all serving soldiers who get killed in action all get one! Can't see it happening. He should definitely get honoured and tge family get all the help they will need, but a state funeral isn't going to happen.
State funeral for murdered Policeman on 20:08 - Mar 23 with 1076 viewsGlasgowBlue

State funeral for murdered Policeman on 20:00 - Mar 23 by Lord_Lucan

Are you saying there is no full time armed presence outside HOP?

That is crazy

According to these reports, not where this bloke got through yesterday.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/03/gap-parliaments-defences/

https://order-order.com/2017/03/23/attacker-three-unlocked-doors-away-from-pm/

https://order-order.com/2017/03/23/michael-fallons-bodyguard-shot-attacker-dead/

Iron Lion Zion

State funeral for murdered Policeman on 20:22 - Mar 23 with 1039 viewsoldbluestu

State funeral for murdered Policeman on 19:05 - Mar 23 by Lord_Lucan

Have you any idea how few people get a State Funeral?

What difference does that make?

The guy could've jumped out of the way I'm sure in the hope the armed police would shoot the terrorist but he didn't he tried to stop him knowing I'm sure he could die, hero's like that deserve a state funeral

Trouble is some people in this country are so anti police they won't event acknowledge when a policeman gives their life
State funeral for murdered Policeman on 20:24 - Mar 23 with 1026 viewsnoggin

State funeral for murdered Policeman on 20:22 - Mar 23 by oldbluestu

The guy could've jumped out of the way I'm sure in the hope the armed police would shoot the terrorist but he didn't he tried to stop him knowing I'm sure he could die, hero's like that deserve a state funeral

Trouble is some people in this country are so anti police they won't event acknowledge when a policeman gives their life

How do you know what happened?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

State funeral for murdered Policeman on 20:29 - Mar 23 with 1024 viewsLord_Lucan

State funeral for murdered Policeman on 20:22 - Mar 23 by oldbluestu

You are so off the mark. There is no reason why he can't have a funeral with full military honours but State Funerals are generally for the likes of Kings and Queens.

There has probably only been about half a dozen state funerals in the last 100 odd years

State funeral for murdered Policeman on 20:51 - Mar 23 with 998 viewsArcher4721

Yes ,yes ,yes. But what about PC Toby Rowland who also served ministers and other MP's on the main gate in Downing Street protecting them who when he asked you know who to take his bike out of Downing Street through the main gate for security reasons,he called him a "pleb".

He wasn't considered "one of us" was he.
State funeral for murdered Policeman on 20:52 - Mar 23 with 994 viewsArcher4721

State funeral for murdered Policeman on 20:03 - Mar 23 by Steve_M

Apart from when they work in their constituencies and meet constituents. Like Jo Cox did.

Yes but that's another story would you not agree.
State funeral for murdered Policeman on 22:13 - Mar 23 with 907 viewsElderGrizzly

State funeral for murdered Policeman on 20:08 - Mar 23 by GlasgowBlue

According to these reports, not where this bloke got through yesterday.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/03/gap-parliaments-defences/

https://order-order.com/2017/03/23/attacker-three-unlocked-doors-away-from-pm/

https://order-order.com/2017/03/23/michael-fallons-bodyguard-shot-attacker-dead/

There is an armed presence just behind those gates at all times. 2 heavily armed police are behind the unarmed police on the gate 24/7

Something appears to have gone wrong yesterday in terms of coverage, but these reports are all speculation right now
State funeral for murdered Policeman on 22:43 - Mar 23 with 886 viewsfactual_blue

State funeral for murdered Policeman on 19:44 - Mar 23 by Benters

Stick to winding up the yoof about pensions and buying houses theres a good chap.

Run me through how the 14 year old Princess Elizabeth was driving an ambulance during The Blitz.........

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

State funeral for murdered Policeman on 22:52 - Mar 23 with 878 viewsDolly2.0

State funeral for murdered Policeman on 18:59 - Mar 23 by Lord_Lucan

They can push all they want but it's a non starter. It is so far out of the box it is unreal.

Even Margaret and Mountbatten never got one. Edit; Not even The Queen Mother

Unless of course they have got a Facebook campaign going.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2017 19:04]

1. I don't think I entirely know what is meant by a "state funeral". I thought it just meant a big lavish one for all to see and to pay their respects, a la Diana (that we pay for).

2. Why do you care so much that it shouldn't be a state funeral? This chap deserves massive respect. I don't care how they do that but he massively does.

The police are probably one of the most maligned of the forces, but they do an amazing job and we'd all be worse off without them. I couldn't do that job. I would sh!t my pants on the first day. It wouldn't bother me if they carried his body on a golden chariot to show respect for someone who gave their life in one of the toughest professions.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

State funeral for murdered Policeman on 23:00 - Mar 23 with 855 viewsGlasgowBlue

State funeral for murdered Policeman on 22:13 - Mar 23 by ElderGrizzly

There is an armed presence just behind those gates at all times. 2 heavily armed police are behind the unarmed police on the gate 24/7

Something appears to have gone wrong yesterday in terms of coverage, but these reports are all speculation right now

Well the armed police weren't there when the attack took place and it was a fortunate coincidence that Mr Fallon's security guard was there at the time.

It seems entirely reasonable to think that the armed police headed in the direction of where the car crashed leaving the gate unarmed.

Iron Lion Zion

State funeral for murdered Policeman on 23:11 - Mar 23 with 840 viewsDolly2.0

State funeral for murdered Policeman on 23:00 - Mar 23 by GlasgowBlue

Well the armed police weren't there when the attack took place and it was a fortunate coincidence that Mr Fallon's security guard was there at the time.

It seems entirely reasonable to think that the armed police headed in the direction of where the car crashed leaving the gate unarmed.

There are armed police just up the road at Downing Street who could've been on the scene in two minutes (I cycle past them every day). But I must admit I'd expect a few sprinkled around the HOP given its importance.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

State funeral for murdered Policeman on 23:11 - Mar 23 with 840 viewsvapour_trail

State funeral for murdered Policeman on 23:00 - Mar 23 by GlasgowBlue

It's not entirely reasonable at all. The place must be crawling with them, and in the case of an attack, there would be some with the specific task of protecting the place.

I can't believe that's not the case.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

State funeral for murdered Policeman on 23:16 - Mar 23 with 822 viewsLord_Lucan

State funeral for murdered Policeman on 22:52 - Mar 23 by Dolly2.0

1. I don't think I entirely know what is meant by a "state funeral". I thought it just meant a big lavish one for all to see and to pay their respects, a la Diana (that we pay for).

2. Why do you care so much that it shouldn't be a state funeral? This chap deserves massive respect. I don't care how they do that but he massively does.

The police are probably one of the most maligned of the forces, but they do an amazing job and we'd all be worse off without them. I couldn't do that job. I would sh!t my pants on the first day. It wouldn't bother me if they carried his body on a golden chariot to show respect for someone who gave their life in one of the toughest professions.

A state funeral is a world away from a lavish funeral. I am not saying that the copper shouldn't have a recognised funeral with military honours and all that but a state funeral it is not.

Edit; Diana did not have a state funeral.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2017 23:18]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024