Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Portsmouth Takeover 18:11 - Mar 23 with 1744 viewsitfcpaul

How is it that clubs such as Portsmouth seem such an attractive purchase for people with money?

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Portsmouth Takeover on 18:36 - Mar 23 with 1696 viewsbournemouthblue

presumably they're available at a knockdown price

I'm not sure they even own their own training ground, the stadium is a problem and not exactly based in a high value part of Portsmouth?

They're a decent sized club in a biggish population area but have less going for them than Ipswich do imho

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Portsmouth Takeover on 19:00 - Mar 23 with 1656 viewsDoobDude

Well they average 16000 fans a game in League 2 and I believe they are relatively debt free.
We might be playing them in 5 months time in the league!

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

Portsmouth Takeover on 19:02 - Mar 23 with 1639 viewsoldbluestu

A big fan base who always support the team
Portsmouth Takeover on 20:15 - Mar 23 with 1526 viewschoppers

Portsmouth Takeover on 19:02 - Mar 23 by oldbluestu

A big fan base who always support the team

Went to see them against Colchester the other week, they brought a good 2.5k up there
Portsmouth Takeover on 20:37 - Mar 23 with 1507 viewsJoeSoap

Portsmouth Takeover on 18:36 - Mar 23 by bournemouthblue

presumably they're available at a knockdown price

I'm not sure they even own their own training ground, the stadium is a problem and not exactly based in a high value part of Portsmouth?

They're a decent sized club in a biggish population area but have less going for them than Ipswich do imho

They own their own ground and have permissions in place for stadium redevelopment, they have a 30year lease on a new training ground in the north of the city, which was developed in partnership with ROKO leisure.
Their crowds number over 16000 every home game.
They are now debt free.
They are 52% owned by the supporters trust, which has already vetoed a couple of takeover bids that they considered unsuitable.
That is why they are considered a good investment when compared to a debt ridden, run down wreck of a club like Ipswich.

“At first nothing will happen to us, and later on it will happen to us again.”

Portsmouth Takeover on 21:47 - Mar 23 with 1370 viewsbournemouthblue

Portsmouth Takeover on 20:37 - Mar 23 by JoeSoap

They own their own ground and have permissions in place for stadium redevelopment, they have a 30year lease on a new training ground in the north of the city, which was developed in partnership with ROKO leisure.
Their crowds number over 16000 every home game.
They are now debt free.
They are 52% owned by the supporters trust, which has already vetoed a couple of takeover bids that they considered unsuitable.
That is why they are considered a good investment when compared to a debt ridden, run down wreck of a club like Ipswich.

The fan base is good but the crowds are in part down to the running of the club off field, it wasn't so long ago they weren't always filling their stadium in the Premiership?

Their infrastructure is still behind Ipswich I would suggest, you are buying potential rather than a club ready for the Premiership?

They were guilty of a lack of youth development in their Premiership days

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Portsmouth Takeover on 07:32 - Mar 24 with 1168 viewsBlueBadger

Likely to be cheap, own their own ground, passionate fan base in a large catchment area with no other competitors, pretty good recent history. There's a lot of potential there, just like there was for ME when he first came in.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Portsmouth Takeover on 07:43 - Mar 24 with 1150 viewsTractorWood

Portsmouth Takeover on 21:47 - Mar 23 by bournemouthblue

The fan base is good but the crowds are in part down to the running of the club off field, it wasn't so long ago they weren't always filling their stadium in the Premiership?

Their infrastructure is still behind Ipswich I would suggest, you are buying potential rather than a club ready for the Premiership?

They were guilty of a lack of youth development in their Premiership days

Debt free. There is potential in their infrastructure and they will be represent much more value as in league 2. Michael Eisner is worth $1 billion, subject to exchange rate that's about the same as ME. Just saying.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024