Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Someone has just made a good point 18:27 - Mar 23 with 3744 viewstextbackup

Give Newcastle 7000 tickets (they'll fill it) at £30 a shot... that's the ST increase covered in one go

Has anyone at the club thought of this, nope!

I await the crap reasons why this wouldn't work

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Someone has just made a good point on 18:29 - Mar 23 with 2694 viewsLord_Lucan

There wouldn't be a spot of trouble either with them lot. Would the police have a say on this and are we still at loggerheads with them?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Someone has just made a good point on 18:33 - Mar 23 with 2645 viewsSwansea_Blue

Doubt they'd send 7,000 even if offered.

Press ganging. That's the answer!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Someone has just made a good point on 18:38 - Mar 23 with 2625 viewsbournemouthblue

Can we actually give an allocation that big?

5k as we did with Lincoln is possible but 7k would require extra parts of the South Stand given to them

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Someone has just made a good point on 18:39 - Mar 23 with 2617 viewstextbackup

Someone has just made a good point on 18:38 - Mar 23 by bournemouthblue

5k as we did with Lincoln is possible but 7k would require extra parts of the South Stand given to them

Give the them whatever they want, it they can win the league that day they come in huge numbers. Whatever happens I think I'll offer my 4 £10 tiks to geordies

Someone has just made a good point on 18:42 - Mar 23 with 2597 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Someone has just made a good point on 18:33 - Mar 23 by Swansea_Blue

Doubt they'd send 7,000 even if offered.

Press ganging. That's the answer!

They'll have that many down here even if we don't give them the tickets

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Someone has just made a good point on 18:50 - Mar 23 with 2571 viewsITFC_Forever

Segregation?

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Someone has just made a good point on 19:11 - Mar 23 with 2502 viewstextbackup

Someone has just made a good point on 18:50 - Mar 23 by ITFC_Forever

Segregation?

In all honesty, will anyone care if they are sat next to a Newcastle fan? Might be a laugh having another set of fans in with us, liven up the soulless pit that is PR and its inhabitants

Someone has just made a good point on 19:13 - Mar 23 with 2496 viewsbournemouthblue

Someone has just made a good point on 18:39 - Mar 23 by textbackup

Give the them whatever they want, it they can win the league that day they come in huge numbers. Whatever happens I think I'll offer my 4 £10 tiks to geordies

Why stop at Newcastle, Sheffield Wednesday could bring a decent number also?

The club have talked about giving bigger allocations to Premiership clubs as a future strategy

We should really be capable of selling out our stadium weekly in the Premiership with the current away allocation. That goes to show how bad a job the club have done with ticketing over the years. They're not even confident they can return to the crowd sizes of around 10 years ago if we make it back to the Premiership!

Login to get fewer ads

Someone has just made a good point on 19:17 - Mar 23 with 2481 viewstextbackup

Someone has just made a good point on 19:13 - Mar 23 by bournemouthblue

Why stop at Newcastle, Sheffield Wednesday could bring a decent number also?

The club have talked about giving bigger allocations to Premiership clubs as a future strategy

We should really be capable of selling out our stadium weekly in the Premiership with the current away allocation. That goes to show how bad a job the club have done with ticketing over the years. They're not even confident they can return to the crowd sizes of around 10 years ago if we make it back to the Premiership!

Yeah definitely, such a huge amount of money to be made on bigger away followings

Someone has just made a good point on 19:22 - Mar 23 with 2458 viewsITFC_Forever

Someone has just made a good point on 19:11 - Mar 23 by textbackup

In all honesty, will anyone care if they are sat next to a Newcastle fan? Might be a laugh having another set of fans in with us, liven up the soulless pit that is PR and its inhabitants

Won't bother me, partly as I can't make it and also it'd be better having some Geordies in the row behind me rather than the stupid women who seem surprised there's actually a game going on.

But not sure the police will go for it.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2017 19:37]

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Someone has just made a good point on 19:24 - Mar 23 with 2444 viewsTractorWood

I think they've sold every allocation given to the this season. You might have to sweep away some of the Werthers original wrappers from the Cobbold first.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Someone has just made a good point on 19:29 - Mar 23 with 2417 viewstextbackup

Someone has just made a good point on 19:24 - Mar 23 by TractorWood

I think they've sold every allocation given to the this season. You might have to sweep away some of the Werthers original wrappers from the Cobbold first.

Give them the whole cobbold, upper and lower, club have already screwed over ST holders, not like they'd feel bad

Someone has just made a good point on 19:29 - Mar 23 with 2415 viewsIllinoisblue

Someone has just made a good point on 19:17 - Mar 23 by textbackup

Yeah definitely, such a huge amount of money to be made on bigger away followings

the great irony of being owned by a tickets guru yet being unable to sell tickets to a segment of fans when there'll be 10 - 12,000 empty seats. ITFC is a joke.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Someone has just made a good point on 20:03 - Mar 23 with 2270 viewsSWGF

People within in the club suggested to others that we should give them the whole of the Cobbold, like Lincoln. Increased atmosphere, increased revenue.

However this was turned down by some other members within the decision-making circle...

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Someone has just made a good point on 20:07 - Mar 23 with 2231 viewstextbackup

Someone has just made a good point on 20:03 - Mar 23 by SWGF

People within in the club suggested to others that we should give them the whole of the Cobbold, like Lincoln. Increased atmosphere, increased revenue.

However this was turned down by some other members within the decision-making circle...

I can just see it... every good idea is pushed away, everything sht is given the go ahead

Someone has just made a good point on 20:09 - Mar 23 with 2217 viewsJ2BLUE

We should do this every game. It's all extra cash.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Someone has just made a good point on 20:23 - Mar 23 with 2150 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Someone has just made a good point on 19:24 - Mar 23 by TractorWood

Apparently so

Barnsley away was midweek and they had the sell out 6k away end
Fulham away was on a Friday night and they had 7k sell out away end
Brighton was midweek and they had a 3k sell out away end

Fair play to them

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Someone has just made a good point on 20:51 - Mar 23 with 2040 viewsSWGF

Someone has just made a good point on 20:07 - Mar 23 by textbackup

I can just see it... every good idea is pushed away, everything sht is given the go ahead

It was discussed ages ago, internally. But kiboshed.

It's like the Vicar of Dibley parish meetings brought to life.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Someone has just made a good point on 21:04 - Mar 23 with 1998 viewsBanburyBlue

we should give them 15,000 then the ground would almost be full

Banbury Blue Back in Town

Someone has just made a good point on 21:34 - Mar 23 with 1893 viewschristiand

Now that's thinking outside the box, no chance anyone at Ipswich would've thought of anything so creative. More likely they would offer less tickets to the toon army for £50 a piece?!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Someone has just made a good point on 21:46 - Mar 23 with 1839 viewsReuser_is_God

Someone has just made a good point on 18:29 - Mar 23 by Lord_Lucan

There wouldn't be a spot of trouble either with them lot. Would the police have a say on this and are we still at loggerheads with them?

Hopefully they're allowed in home pubs too.

Otherwise the Station Hotel is going to be very cosy!

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Someone has just made a good point on 21:54 - Mar 23 with 1804 viewsbournemouthblue

Someone has just made a good point on 20:23 - Mar 23 by The_Romford_Blue

Apparently so

Barnsley away was midweek and they had the sell out 6k away end
Fulham away was on a Friday night and they had 7k sell out away end
Brighton was midweek and they had a 3k sell out away end

Fair play to them

They're a big city club with a very decent fan base

Regardless of your size, you still have to get the numbers, fair play to them

Someone has just made a good point on 22:03 - Mar 23 with 1788 viewsPhilTWTD

Someone has just made a good point on 18:29 - Mar 23 by Lord_Lucan

I would guess policing costs/numbers would scupper any huge away following along the lines suggested, particularly on a Bank Holiday when numbers are stretched anyway. If I remember rightly the derby which was played on the Thursday was only played on the Thursday as resources were too stretched over an Easter weekend.

That said, I'm sure I had a conversation with someone at the club a while back and they were investigating how to facilitate larger away followings when the likes of Villa, Newcastle etc are about. They'd have to do that in the Premier League anyway and plans for that scenario were drawn up a few years ago.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Someone has just made a good point on 22:13 - Mar 23 with 1718 viewsTractorWood

Someone has just made a good point on 22:03 - Mar 23 by PhilTWTD

I would guess policing costs/numbers would scupper any huge away following along the lines suggested, particularly on a Bank Holiday when numbers are stretched anyway. If I remember rightly the derby which was played on the Thursday was only played on the Thursday as resources were too stretched over an Easter weekend.

That said, I'm sure I had a conversation with someone at the club a while back and they were investigating how to facilitate larger away followings when the likes of Villa, Newcastle etc are about. They'd have to do that in the Premier League anyway and plans for that scenario were drawn up a few years ago.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Could easily make the hallowed £97k in one game. 4,000 at £30 less some costs. Wouldn't lose credibility with the whole supporter base either.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Someone has just made a good point on 22:31 - Mar 23 with 1637 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Someone has just made a good point on 18:38 - Mar 23 by bournemouthblue

Blackburn do all the time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024