Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Someone has just made a good point 18:27 - Mar 23 with 3749 viewstextbackup

Give Newcastle 7000 tickets (they'll fill it) at £30 a shot... that's the ST increase covered in one go

Has anyone at the club thought of this, nope!

I await the crap reasons why this wouldn't work

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Someone has just made a good point on 22:32 - Mar 23 with 1035 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Someone has just made a good point on 22:03 - Mar 23 by PhilTWTD

I would guess policing costs/numbers would scupper any huge away following along the lines suggested, particularly on a Bank Holiday when numbers are stretched anyway. If I remember rightly the derby which was played on the Thursday was only played on the Thursday as resources were too stretched over an Easter weekend.

That said, I'm sure I had a conversation with someone at the club a while back and they were investigating how to facilitate larger away followings when the likes of Villa, Newcastle etc are about. They'd have to do that in the Premier League anyway and plans for that scenario were drawn up a few years ago.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Yeah and that went well didn't it........ lol
Someone has just made a good point on 23:09 - Mar 23 with 996 viewsflashblue

Didn't the club write to Cobbold season ticket holders a few months ago to discuss this very idea?

If something's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.
Poll: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

Someone has just made a good point on 23:17 - Mar 23 with 986 viewsRyorry

Someone has just made a good point on 22:03 - Mar 23 by PhilTWTD

I would guess policing costs/numbers would scupper any huge away following along the lines suggested, particularly on a Bank Holiday when numbers are stretched anyway. If I remember rightly the derby which was played on the Thursday was only played on the Thursday as resources were too stretched over an Easter weekend.

That said, I'm sure I had a conversation with someone at the club a while back and they were investigating how to facilitate larger away followings when the likes of Villa, Newcastle etc are about. They'd have to do that in the Premier League anyway and plans for that scenario were drawn up a few years ago.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Surely it's very unlikely there'd be any trouble, with the fellow-feeling and good spirit of the great SBR uniting us on 'his' day? Wouldn't the police understand that? Tho more drinks may be consumed accordingly, I guess!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Someone has just made a good point on 23:32 - Mar 23 with 970 viewsBluedanW

Someone has just made a good point on 23:17 - Mar 23 by Ryorry

Surely it's very unlikely there'd be any trouble, with the fellow-feeling and good spirit of the great SBR uniting us on 'his' day? Wouldn't the police understand that? Tho more drinks may be consumed accordingly, I guess!

If we are that desperate to make 97K. Why don't we actually try to win cup games?
Did I read on here if we got through against Lincoln in the FA cup we would of earnt £70,000 ??
Someone has just made a good point on 23:54 - Mar 23 with 951 viewsHARRY10

Someone has just made a good point on 18:29 - Mar 23 by Lord_Lucan

There wouldn't be a spot of trouble either with them lot. Would the police have a say on this and are we still at loggerheads with them?

I cannot see there would be any real trouble - given that it is quite a way for it to be considered a derby game.

Any extra revenue would only be over any above what we would be expected to gain.

Fulham have a neutral area in one end which amounts to a free for all buit there is never any trouble - just as there is no reason fo it here.

What's often forgotten is how much mosts club's away support is made up of exile fans. I'm sure there would be a fair old number of Geordies living in London who would welcome this chance. An appeal to both sets of fans to behave would be enough and any idiots from either side would soon be told to behave.

Stuff like this should be encouraged, so as to give the vast majority, genuine football fans, a chance to show what they and the game are all about.

An increase in the away allocation gets my vote
Someone has just made a good point on 10:21 - Mar 24 with 861 viewsitfcjoe

Someone has just made a good point on 20:51 - Mar 23 by SWGF

It was discussed ages ago, internally. But kiboshed.

It's like the Vicar of Dibley parish meetings brought to life.

Couldn't run a p155 up in a brewery

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Someone has just made a good point on 11:29 - Mar 24 with 828 viewsStenvict

Someone has just made a good point on 23:09 - Mar 23 by flashblue

Didn't the club write to Cobbold season ticket holders a few months ago to discuss this very idea?

ST holders in Block E have been moved to another area of the ground. I've been allocated the same seat I had when the same was done for the Norwich and Villa games.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Someone has just made a good point on 14:15 - Mar 24 with 773 viewsJ2BLUE

Someone has just made a good point on 23:17 - Mar 23 by Ryorry

Especially with our gift of three points in a nice basket with a ribbon on the top.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Someone has just made a good point on 14:19 - Mar 24 with 772 viewsDeano69

Someone has just made a good point on 20:03 - Mar 23 by SWGF

People within in the club suggested to others that we should give them the whole of the Cobbold, like Lincoln. Increased atmosphere, increased revenue.

However this was turned down by some other members within the decision-making circle...

In fairness some of the Cobbold stand season tickets are almost £700 a year, bit on the mean side to displace them to less attractive viewing positions in the remaining stands.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Someone has just made a good point on 18:02 - Mar 24 with 742 viewsSWGF

Someone has just made a good point on 14:19 - Mar 24 by Deano69

In fairness some of the Cobbold stand season tickets are almost £700 a year, bit on the mean side to displace them to less attractive viewing positions in the remaining stands.

I think the last week has shown us that the Club are that bothered about annoying ST holders for a quick buck.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024