Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reply from ITFC 13:31 - Mar 24 with 4744 viewsAdmiralFunge

SPOILER- it's not particularly great. Who'd have thought 10-year olds could be so malevolent?

Not really sure if this is a 'cut and paste' job or not; perhaps poor Edwina just fancies an afternoon getting smashed in the sunshine, outside the Woolpack....

Dear Mr Funge

Thanks for your email. Your points have been noted.

The decision to stop the U11 season ticket at £10 was because it was being misused and badly misused. The £50 season ticket is still one of the most competitive in the Championship and the new pricing structure for U23s has been well received.

With regards to the change to concessions. We are one of the last clubs to switch from a concession age category of 60 to 65. The vast majority of Championship clubs now operate at the 65 threshold and unfortunately there was never going to be a good time to make that change.

We understand your disappointment. It wasn’t a decision taken lightly but it’s one we felt we had to make to fall in line with society in general.

Thanks for your support.

Background (my initial email) can be found here.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/401911/funges-email-to-club/#0

[Post edited 24 Mar 2017 13:32]

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

Reply from ITFC on 13:32 - Mar 24 with 3176 viewsLord_Lucan

How is the £10 ticket being misused?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Reply from ITFC on 13:32 - Mar 24 with 3182 viewsitfcjoe

"because it was being misused and badly misused."

They are so out of line with the way they are saying things like this, makes everyone feel guilty by association

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Reply from ITFC on 13:33 - Mar 24 with 3166 viewsKieran_Knows

That is such a pathetic reply.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Reply from ITFC on 13:34 - Mar 24 with 3118 viewsbluewein

That's actually worse than I was expecting.

Like, a million times worse. How p1ss poor.

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Reply from ITFC on 13:35 - Mar 24 with 3114 viewsBudapestByBlimp

At least they didn't mention the shirts.
Reply from ITFC on 13:36 - Mar 24 with 3102 viewsFixed_It

Surely at £10 a pop no-one could / would complain if they just brought in a 'no upgrades allowed' policy? Problem solved.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Reply from ITFC on 13:37 - Mar 24 with 3084 viewsDoobDude

As long as you realise when it says "Your points have been noted" it really means "Your points have been dismissed and ignored"

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

Reply from ITFC on 13:37 - Mar 24 with 3087 viewsKeaneish

What on earth does this mean?

"It wasn’t a decision taken lightly but it’s one we felt we had to make to fall in line with society in general."

Raising cost to fall in line with society? What a ridiculous statement.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

Reply from ITFC on 13:39 - Mar 24 with 3070 viewsASAx

The really sad part of all of this is that nobody at Ipswich Town has the footballing experience or mental ability to work out what has actually happened here.

Children have stopped going because they are bored out of their tiny minds!

I sit in this area and it's gone from a load of kids being excited and enthusiastic to the same parents being there week in and week out but with their kids only being there a small proportion of the time because they have admitted their kids get bored.
Reply from ITFC on 13:39 - Mar 24 with 3056 viewsDolly2.0

Not really sure what's wrong with that reply to be honest.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Reply from ITFC on 13:44 - Mar 24 with 2984 viewsASAx

Reply from ITFC on 13:32 - Mar 24 by itfcjoe

They are so out of line with the way they are saying things like this, makes everyone feel guilty by association

The worst part of this for me is that I really do not believe it's being abused.

I sit in there. The adults there have been pretty much the same for 3 or 4 seasons. There are some pensioners. There's an old lady who sits next to me who is 92 and has been going since the 1940's.

These adults all had kids with them in the promotion season. They still have kids with them now but perhaps 5 or 6 games this season compared to 10 or 11 last season. Pretty much always on a Saturday and when the weather has been warmer. They disappeared around November time and they've started to come back in the last few games.

It is not abuse. It is a parent buying a ticket because it's only £10 and if their child only comes to a game or two it's cheaper than buying individual match tickets. It's a no brainer.

There's plenty of bloody space and plenty of leg room. If you take the 50 seats directly around me it's 90% people who sometimes take their kids and 10% pensioners.

Hiding behind people abusing it is pathetic because I am absolutely certain that what they consider to be abuse is people who actually bought a ticket for their child because it was only £10 and the child either never went or barely went.

Someone paying £10 for a seat is only a problem if the stand is even close to being full and it's not, even when all the kids have been there.
Reply from ITFC on 13:46 - Mar 24 with 2953 viewsAdmiralFunge

Reply from ITFC on 13:39 - Mar 24 by Dolly2.0

Well, yeah, they replied - which is something.

I mean, it doesn't address the mature students issue, at all, and I've no idea what they're on about with the whole 'misuse' thing with the Junior tickets. So that's two pretty major points (out of the three I made) either ignored, or further confused. Other than that, yeah, it's a banging response.

I completely disagree with their stance on the OAP tickets, but, in fairness, she's addressed it.

She's been most succinct with regards to acknowledgement of my (and others) support of our crappy football team, but that's all gravy; brevity for the win.

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

Reply from ITFC on 13:47 - Mar 24 with 2942 viewsJakeITFC

'To fall in line with society in general' lol.

Where do they find these people?
Reply from ITFC on 13:49 - Mar 24 with 2919 viewschicoazul

Reply from ITFC on 13:37 - Mar 24 by Keaneish

What on earth does this mean?

"It wasn’t a decision taken lightly but it’s one we felt we had to make to fall in line with society in general."

Raising cost to fall in line with society? What a ridiculous statement.

Absolutely right. Its the kind of flippant meaningless glib statement that companies make thinking it makes their answer sound intelligent and considered and tells you volumes about how much they value their external communications.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Reply from ITFC on 13:49 - Mar 24 with 2919 viewsASAx

Reply from ITFC on 13:39 - Mar 24 by Dolly2.0

Let's look at the business behind this.

Tickets were £10. Now they are £50.

ITFC only need 20% of the current children to return next year and they've made the same amount of money. They'll get more than that so will have made a profit and so that's absolutely fine. That's what they want to do.

I have no issue with £50 but I do feel that putting them up this season, with everything that's going on, is a complete own goal from the club, likely to push some of those sitting on the fence to now not renew.

If the club want to say they've put prices up, they were too cheap and they are still competitive that's fine. But they are choosing to hide behind suggesting people are abusing them. If that was actually the reason then they could speak to anyone who bought a £10 ticket and never had it scanned or maybe even brought a child once or twice to see what the situation was.

For example, little Timmy has moved away with his mum or little Timmy was bored to death watching us draw 0-0. Either way the club learns a little about the situation. I know someone who bought one for their child, they moved from Woodbridge to Chelmsford and now just the dad goes. The kid never went once. They haven't contacted him to ask why or even allege abuse.

They've simply made a business decision but hidden behind a lie that makes fans out to be crooks.
on 13:50 - Mar 24 with 2901 views_

Reply from ITFC on 13:32 - Mar 24 by itfcjoe

Reply from ITFC on 13:52 - Mar 24 with 2872 viewsIllinoisblue

"fall in line with society in general"?? WTF does that even mean? And as countless others have said, if the cheap kids tickets were being abused (and badly abused) punish those people ffs. A shambles of a club.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Reply from ITFC on 13:52 - Mar 24 with 2861 viewsASAx

Reply from ITFC on 13:47 - Mar 24 by JakeITFC

'To fall in line with society in general' lol.

Where do they find these people?

I do particularly like how the club keep trying to point out they are just doing what other businesses do or what other clubs do and 'falling in line' when these other clubs have reasonably clean looking stadiums, give their managers funds, at least let them spend money they made selling their best players or get rid of managers when all the fans have completely turned on them.

Seems that we fall in line with the things that suit us.
Reply from ITFC on 13:52 - Mar 24 with 2848 viewshoppy

Reply from ITFC on 13:36 - Mar 24 by Fixed_It

Surely at £10 a pop no-one could / would complain if they just brought in a 'no upgrades allowed' policy? Problem solved.

Hmmm... or contacted those people directly perhaps?

I don't think we were really 'badly misusing' one ticket we had, as we upgraded it for the games that KJ's youngest lad was able to come to, and as he's away at school during the week, doesn't make midweek games and fairly regularly goes to his dad's in Leicester some weekends.

How else would we be able to get seats together, or were we just supposed to wave to him from across the other side of the stand to see if he was alright?

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/401451/i-really-dont-know-what-to-think...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Reply from ITFC on 13:53 - Mar 24 with 2830 viewsReuser_is_God

on 13:50 - Mar 24 by _

Whilst I agree, ITFC could answer that by saying 'Why are you buying a seat for your bag when the stadium is only half full you fcuking mong?'

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

on 13:53 - Mar 24 with 2811 views_

Reply from ITFC on 13:52 - Mar 24 by hoppy

Hmmm... or contacted those people directly perhaps?

I don't think we were really 'badly misusing' one ticket we had, as we upgraded it for the games that KJ's youngest lad was able to come to, and as he's away at school during the week, doesn't make midweek games and fairly regularly goes to his dad's in Leicester some weekends.

How else would we be able to get seats together, or were we just supposed to wave to him from across the other side of the stand to see if he was alright?

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/401451/i-really-dont-know-what-to-think...

Reply from ITFC on 13:53 - Mar 24 with 2807 viewsASAx

on 13:50 - Mar 24 by _

They made it the same price to attend 23 games as to attend 1 game.

Did they not think that people paying £400 might as well pay £10 to have a child's ticket so they could bring a niece or nephew once or twice a season?

This is no doubt what this 'abuse' is.
on 13:55 - Mar 24 with 2758 views_

Reply from ITFC on 13:53 - Mar 24 by ASAx

They made it the same price to attend 23 games as to attend 1 game.

Did they not think that people paying £400 might as well pay £10 to have a child's ticket so they could bring a niece or nephew once or twice a season?

This is no doubt what this 'abuse' is.

Reply from ITFC on 13:56 - Mar 24 with 2749 viewsDeano69

Reply from ITFC on 13:32 - Mar 24 by Lord_Lucan

How is the £10 ticket being misused?

Stopping fans on the waiting list for tickets at full price..... errr...

in fairness, if they did them in my stand i would take the seat next to me, always a bit of a pain if i try and bring someone else along as i have to move seats.

Could make the £10 non-upgradeable i suppose

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Reply from ITFC on 13:58 - Mar 24 with 2717 viewsASAx

on 13:55 - Mar 24 by _

In fairness it's been in place 3 years I think. I got my son a season ticket when he was 5 (8 now) and pretty sure I've only ever paid £10 a season.

Luckily for me he still enjoys the day out, but there were a couple of draw home draws in the colder months where I felt really sorry for him. He wanted to go to football but even I was bored to death so god knows how interesting it was for him.

A few weeks back I went to watch Grundisburgh v Westerfield, as I played for both, and he had just as much fun as we got to have a kick about too. So I'll have no hesitation using Saturdays to do other things and take in the odd game like that until this club shows some signs of life.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024