Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reply from ITFC 13:31 - Mar 24 with 4745 viewsAdmiralFunge

SPOILER- it's not particularly great. Who'd have thought 10-year olds could be so malevolent?

Not really sure if this is a 'cut and paste' job or not; perhaps poor Edwina just fancies an afternoon getting smashed in the sunshine, outside the Woolpack....

Dear Mr Funge

Thanks for your email. Your points have been noted.

The decision to stop the U11 season ticket at £10 was because it was being misused and badly misused. The £50 season ticket is still one of the most competitive in the Championship and the new pricing structure for U23s has been well received.

With regards to the change to concessions. We are one of the last clubs to switch from a concession age category of 60 to 65. The vast majority of Championship clubs now operate at the 65 threshold and unfortunately there was never going to be a good time to make that change.

We understand your disappointment. It wasn’t a decision taken lightly but it’s one we felt we had to make to fall in line with society in general.

Thanks for your support.

Background (my initial email) can be found here.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/401911/funges-email-to-club/#0

[Post edited 24 Mar 2017 13:32]

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

on 14:07 - Mar 24 with 1518 views_

Reply from ITFC on 13:58 - Mar 24 by ASAx

In fairness it's been in place 3 years I think. I got my son a season ticket when he was 5 (8 now) and pretty sure I've only ever paid £10 a season.

Luckily for me he still enjoys the day out, but there were a couple of draw home draws in the colder months where I felt really sorry for him. He wanted to go to football but even I was bored to death so god knows how interesting it was for him.

A few weeks back I went to watch Grundisburgh v Westerfield, as I played for both, and he had just as much fun as we got to have a kick about too. So I'll have no hesitation using Saturdays to do other things and take in the odd game like that until this club shows some signs of life.

Reply from ITFC on 14:07 - Mar 24 with 1514 viewsreusersfreekicks

Reply from ITFC on 13:46 - Mar 24 by AdmiralFunge

Well, yeah, they replied - which is something.

I mean, it doesn't address the mature students issue, at all, and I've no idea what they're on about with the whole 'misuse' thing with the Junior tickets. So that's two pretty major points (out of the three I made) either ignored, or further confused. Other than that, yeah, it's a banging response.

I completely disagree with their stance on the OAP tickets, but, in fairness, she's addressed it.

She's been most succinct with regards to acknowledgement of my (and others) support of our crappy football team, but that's all gravy; brevity for the win.

So is the essence of the OAP thing moving the boundary up from 60 to 65
Reply from ITFC on 14:09 - Mar 24 with 1498 viewsAdmiralFunge

Reply from ITFC on 14:07 - Mar 24 by reusersfreekicks

So is the essence of the OAP thing moving the boundary up from 60 to 65

Pretty much.

Reply from ITFC on 14:10 - Mar 24 with 1479 viewshoppy

Reply from ITFC on 13:56 - Mar 24 by Deano69

Stopping fans on the waiting list for tickets at full price..... errr...

in fairness, if they did them in my stand i would take the seat next to me, always a bit of a pain if i try and bring someone else along as i have to move seats.

Could make the £10 non-upgradeable i suppose

I'm not sure what the real problem is. When I upgraded our one to take Oliver's dad to a game recently, to upgrade it from the Under 11's ticket to an adult instead of the usual U16 one we do for KJ's youngest lad it cost me £27 to upgrade it. The ticket if bought for our area without upgrading would've been £27.50.

As others have said, if the ground was otherwise full or people being turned away (for reasons other than being from Braintree), I'd understand.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Reply from ITFC on 14:12 - Mar 24 with 1472 viewsJ2BLUE

The club said they know that many of the tickets were not being used. Fair enough, put them up to £50 but honour the ones which are being used correctly at £10 until they are given up or the kids are no longer eligible.

Same with the senior tickets. By all means raise the the age to 65 but honour the tickets at the reduced rate for existing seniors and anyone approaching 60 who has had a ST for 3 or more seasons.

There's a way to bring these changes in and show existing supporters that they are valued.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Reply from ITFC on 14:17 - Mar 24 with 1436 viewshoppy

on 14:07 - Mar 24 by _

No, in last season's renewal pack, it was being hailed as a positive selling point of which they were proud to be continuing...

on 14:20 - Mar 24 with 1418 views_

Reply from ITFC on 14:17 - Mar 24 by hoppy

No, in last season's renewal pack, it was being hailed as a positive selling point of which they were proud to be continuing...

Reply from ITFC on 14:25 - Mar 24 with 1390 viewshoppy

on 14:20 - Mar 24 by _

Here you are... Joe posted this one...

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/401490/so-last-years-big-positive-has-been-shelved-t

Login to get fewer ads

Reply from ITFC on 15:04 - Mar 24 with 1335 viewsTheBlueBarca

They are doing nothing to retain fans, so we should do nothing to go to games after all it's unreasonable to expect us to keep paying out high prices for season tickets and matchday tickets when we have to maintain a budget ourselves.

Honestly, we aren't just sinking slowly anymore we're in rapid decline with no way out.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Reply from ITFC on 15:57 - Mar 24 with 1289 viewsFreddy

Simular standard reply to what other fans have got, waste of time
on 17:19 - Mar 24 with 1230 views_

Reply from ITFC on 14:25 - Mar 24 by hoppy

Here you are... Joe posted this one...

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/401490/so-last-years-big-positive-has-been-shelved-t

Reply from ITFC on 17:27 - Mar 24 with 1214 viewstiptreeblue

Reply from ITFC on 14:17 - Mar 24 by hoppy

we used the £10 season ticket for 3 seasons for our grandson and he is now 15 so it`s been around for a fair few years
Reply from ITFC on 17:48 - Mar 24 with 1189 viewsjas0999

This football club is in a very poor state. Evans simply doesn't care.
Reply from ITFC on 17:51 - Mar 24 with 1189 viewsAuntieBlue

We can almost play 'Snap'. My previous email concerned over 60s Concessions and I too had a reply from Edwina today:

Dear Auntie
Thank you for your email. We are one of the last clubs to switch from a concession age category of 60 to 65. The vast majority of Championship clubs now operate at the 65 threshold and unfortunately there was never going to be a good time to make that change.
We understand your disappointment. It wasn’t a decision taken lightly but it’s one we felt we had to make to fall in line with society in general.
However the increased cost will be subsidised by 50 per cent as you are aware.
Thank you for your support.

I've just replied to say I won't be renewing...

Sad days for ITFC

Poll: Which biscuit for morning coffee?

Reply from ITFC on 17:53 - Mar 24 with 1177 viewsSwansea_Blue

They're getting more brief and more p1ssed off by the looks of it

Not sure why i'm laughing though. It's not very funny.

The changes are quite small in the grand scheme of things, but the way they've gone about it is a complete PR disaster. They obviously weren't expecting anything like this sort of response. Completely misread the general mood after the poor season we've had.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Reply from ITFC on 17:56 - Mar 24 with 1172 viewsAdmiralFunge

Reply from ITFC on 17:51 - Mar 24 by AuntieBlue

We can almost play 'Snap'. My previous email concerned over 60s Concessions and I too had a reply from Edwina today:

Dear Auntie
Thank you for your email. We are one of the last clubs to switch from a concession age category of 60 to 65. The vast majority of Championship clubs now operate at the 65 threshold and unfortunately there was never going to be a good time to make that change.
However the increased cost will be subsidised by 50 per cent as you are aware.
Thank you for your support.

I've just replied to say I won't be renewing...

Sad days for ITFC

Cut and paste w@nkers.

I'm done with it (for now, anyway).

Reply from ITFC on 21:40 - Mar 24 with 1060 viewsstonojnr

Reply from ITFC on 13:49 - Mar 24 by ASAx

Let's look at the business behind this.

Tickets were £10. Now they are £50.

ITFC only need 20% of the current children to return next year and they've made the same amount of money. They'll get more than that so will have made a profit and so that's absolutely fine. That's what they want to do.

I have no issue with £50 but I do feel that putting them up this season, with everything that's going on, is a complete own goal from the club, likely to push some of those sitting on the fence to now not renew.

If the club want to say they've put prices up, they were too cheap and they are still competitive that's fine. But they are choosing to hide behind suggesting people are abusing them. If that was actually the reason then they could speak to anyone who bought a £10 ticket and never had it scanned or maybe even brought a child once or twice to see what the situation was.

For example, little Timmy has moved away with his mum or little Timmy was bored to death watching us draw 0-0. Either way the club learns a little about the situation. I know someone who bought one for their child, they moved from Woodbridge to Chelmsford and now just the dad goes. The kid never went once. They haven't contacted him to ask why or even allege abuse.

They've simply made a business decision but hidden behind a lie that makes fans out to be crooks.

I know plenty of parents with the £10 tickets, who wont pay £50, as in reality its more like £100 because theyll have two kids, or they bring the wider family kids, or even kids friends, and the kids are bored silly by the games that have been served up this season.

its a simple easy cheap way of getting young fans interested in the club, fine if the stadium is packing 29,000 every week then maybe you need to rethink the idea, but the attendances we are pulling even now, let alone next season, nearly everyone could have a £10 seat next to them and we still wouldnt reach capacity.

just look at the ticket offer for Newcastle, Newcastle for flips sake on an Easter Monday, should be one of the biggest games played this season behind Norwich, and we are so sure of selling out to a capacity crowd, season ticket holders can buy extra tickets for £10.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024