Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now I know I might be a bit thick 13:55 - Mar 24 with 3018 viewsLord_Lucan

but how are the club suggesting the £10 ST is being abused?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Now I know I might be a bit thick on 13:56 - Mar 24 with 2495 viewsKieran_Knows

By the sounds of it, I don't even think they know!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Now I know I might be a bit thick on 13:56 - Mar 24 with 2481 viewsReuser_is_God

Apparently adults having been buying them so they have a seat next to them to put their bag on.

I mean, who even does that?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Now I know I might be a bit thick on 13:57 - Mar 24 with 2477 viewsDoobDude

Fat people can pay £10 and get extra leg room?

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

Now I know I might be a bit thick on 13:57 - Mar 24 with 2472 viewsDeano69

As i understand it there are people buying them to get 2 or 3 seats to themselves. Hardly abuse though is it?? if there were 1000's on a waiting list i could understand it...

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Now I know I might be a bit thick on 13:58 - Mar 24 with 2469 viewsitfcjoe

A combination of people buying one and never using it, to give them more room.

Or buying one and not using it which they can then upgrade for big games to an adult ticket so their mate can sit next to them.

Either way, I'm not sure 'abuse' is the right term, far from it, and that latest reply to Funge is ridiculous.

They could simply have not allowed these tickets to be upgraded, and asked others why they aren't being used to actually find out rather than punish everyone. Sledgehammer to crack a nut, that may not even need to be cracked.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Now I know I might be a bit thick on 13:58 - Mar 24 with 2457 viewsLord_Lucan

Now I know I might be a bit thick on 13:56 - Mar 24 by Reuser_is_God

Apparently adults having been buying them so they have a seat next to them to put their bag on.

I mean, who even does that?

How many people are on our current waiting list?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Now I know I might be a bit thick on 13:59 - Mar 24 with 2442 viewsReuser_is_God

Now I know I might be a bit thick on 13:58 - Mar 24 by Lord_Lucan

How many people are on our current waiting list?

54,873*0

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Now I know I might be a bit thick on 14:04 - Mar 24 with 2418 viewsreusersfreekicks

To be fair it sounds like they have a case
Login to get fewer ads

Now I know I might be a bit thick on 14:05 - Mar 24 with 2410 viewskizaitfc

Now I know I might be a bit thick on 13:57 - Mar 24 by DoobDude

How do these people sit at the football?

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Now I know I might be a bit thick on 14:05 - Mar 24 with 2413 viewsASAx

Now I know I might be a bit thick on 13:58 - Mar 24 by itfcjoe

Or buying one and not using it which they can then upgrade for big games to an adult ticket so their mate can sit next to them.

Either way, I'm not sure 'abuse' is the right term, far from it, and that latest reply to Funge is ridiculous.

They could simply have not allowed these tickets to be upgraded, and asked others why they aren't being used to actually find out rather than punish everyone. Sledgehammer to crack a nut, that may not even need to be cracked.

There was a guy who sat in front of me for two seasons and took both his boys. This year one has been about four times and the other one once.

The bloke behind me took three kids for the two seasons before this one and at the start of this season. For the last maybe three months only one of those kids has been going.

The reason both have stated is because their kids are bored.

Not exactly a massive sample size but if two kids in front and two kids behind out of five kids have stopped enjoying football - a lack of shots and a lack of goals is evident, then that is bound to be fairly representative of the whole of the area.
Now I know I might be a bit thick on 14:10 - Mar 24 with 2389 viewsGeoffSentence

Now I know I might be a bit thick on 14:05 - Mar 24 by ASAx

There was a guy who sat in front of me for two seasons and took both his boys. This year one has been about four times and the other one once.

The bloke behind me took three kids for the two seasons before this one and at the start of this season. For the last maybe three months only one of those kids has been going.

The reason both have stated is because their kids are bored.

Not exactly a massive sample size but if two kids in front and two kids behind out of five kids have stopped enjoying football - a lack of shots and a lack of goals is evident, then that is bound to be fairly representative of the whole of the area.

So an alternative solution to the 'abuse' of the £10 child's season ticket, would be to make the football more entertaining.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Now I know I might be a bit thick on 14:11 - Mar 24 with 2366 viewsDeano69

Now I know I might be a bit thick on 14:10 - Mar 24 by GeoffSentence

So an alternative solution to the 'abuse' of the £10 child's season ticket, would be to make the football more entertaining.

Then, even £50 will sound cheap!!!

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Now I know I might be a bit thick on 14:12 - Mar 24 with 2361 viewsBlue_Order

Who even wants extra space at the football? Nothing worse than empty seats beside you.
Now I know I might be a bit thick on 15:56 - Mar 24 with 2233 viewsbournemouthblue

Indeed, I wonder how many people actually do it

Whether it is for people reserving the seat for upgrades or simply to put a bag on. It can't be that widespread?

If people are buying them for upgrades, it potentially leads to more sales that others may not buy next season now

Another ticketing balls up from the club
[Post edited 24 Mar 2017 15:58]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Now I know I might be a bit thick on 16:54 - Mar 24 with 2150 viewstextbackup

**big** games?? We didn't even sell out Norwich at home...

But anyway...

Mate had 2 £10 tickets, start of season his boys wanted to go to every game (Tuesday nights unable to with school the next day) got to around Xmas and they both said it was too boring to go. So have only used 1 at most for home games. The football has killed off a generation of fans, simple

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Now I know I might be a bit thick on 17:42 - Mar 24 with 2073 viewsitfcjoe

Now I know I might be a bit thick on 16:54 - Mar 24 by textbackup

**big** games?? We didn't even sell out Norwich at home...

But anyway...

Mate had 2 £10 tickets, start of season his boys wanted to go to every game (Tuesday nights unable to with school the next day) got to around Xmas and they both said it was too boring to go. So have only used 1 at most for home games. The football has killed off a generation of fans, simple

1 bad season does not kill off a generation of fans.

Now I know I might be a bit thick on 17:51 - Mar 24 with 2058 viewscarlisleaway

I have a £10 seat close to me which I had intended using for my 2 grandsons when they reach the age of 5. It has been used as a child's seat twice this year, but been upgraded to an adult seat 10 times this season. The club have therefore gained from me as normally the person would not normally go. Burning bridges !!!!
Now I know I might be a bit thick on 18:54 - Mar 24 with 2003 viewstextbackup

Now I know I might be a bit thick on 17:42 - Mar 24 by itfcjoe

How about 2 dull boring seasons of football, possibly more if MM decides he wishes to stay for a few more quid?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Now I know I might be a bit thick on 18:59 - Mar 24 with 1996 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Now I know I might be a bit thick on 13:57 - Mar 24 by DoobDude

When the place is two thirds empty what's the problem?
Now I know I might be a bit thick on 19:09 - Mar 24 with 1973 viewsSwansea_Blue

Now I know I might be a bit thick on 17:42 - Mar 24 by itfcjoe

7 or 8 does though.

Even in our recent highlight year of squeezing into the POs the football was generally sh*te.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Now I know I might be a bit thick on 19:58 - Mar 24 with 1882 viewsGlasgowBlue

Are MJH, Arsey and ABB taking the piss?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Now I know I might be a bit thick on 20:18 - Mar 24 with 1846 viewsRocky

Now I know I might be a bit thick on 19:58 - Mar 24 by GlasgowBlue

Are MJH, Arsey and ABB taking the piss?

It's probably my fault.
Arsey and MJH come with me and wear short trousers and school blazers.
Soz.
Now I know I might be a bit thick on 20:27 - Mar 24 with 1812 viewsitfcjoe

Now I know I might be a bit thick on 18:54 - Mar 24 by textbackup

How about 2 dull boring seasons of football, possibly more if MM decides he wishes to stay for a few more quid?

Look back at the 93/94 and 94/95 season which is when we'd have had an U11 season ticket. Things change quickly

Now I know I might be a bit thick on 20:50 - Mar 24 with 1767 viewsBluedanW

Now I know I might be a bit thick on 18:54 - Mar 24 by textbackup

I gave up my season ticket 3 years ago as it was dull. The season after we made the play.offs. but the last two years have definitely been dull. I was offered a free ticket nearly every home game last season and had to he forced to go as my mate didn't want to go on his own
Now I know I might be a bit thick on 20:51 - Mar 24 with 1760 viewsGlasgowBlue

Now I know I might be a bit thick on 20:50 - Mar 24 by BluedanW

I gave up my season ticket 3 years ago as it was dull. The season after we made the play.offs. but the last two years have definitely been dull. I was offered a free ticket nearly every home game last season and had to he forced to go as my mate didn't want to go on his own

I gave up my two season tickets when that useless fat bastard filled the team with has beens and lonaees to the extent that we may as well have been a franchise. I lost all connection with the team.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024