Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Table football 22:00 - Mar 24 with 1331 viewsstrikalite

Anybody any good? We have a table at work, we all think we're good but really I know we're not..

Table football on 23:11 - Mar 24 with 1275 viewssparks

I used to be pretty good. The knack is to flick with an open hand but without spinning. Power without cheating :-)

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Table football on 23:14 - Mar 24 with 1259 viewsFixed_It

Table football on 23:11 - Mar 24 by sparks

I used to be pretty good. The knack is to flick with an open hand but without spinning. Power without cheating :-)

I assume we're still talking about table football?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Table football on 23:22 - Mar 24 with 1244 viewsstrikalite

Table football on 23:11 - Mar 24 by sparks

Yeah seen a couple of clips on youtube, it's a different level that is, love to be able to play like that, many hours of practice I'd have thought...

Really good fun, loads of luck at beginner level...
Table football on 23:35 - Mar 24 with 1217 viewsLord_Lucan

Now I don't want to blow my own trumpet but when I was a teenager I was brilliant. I used to play it in The Coach and Horses and rarely lost.

Unfortunately throughout my adult years I have visited the table whenever I have encountered one and it's all gone. I am now completely useless.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Table football on 23:50 - Mar 24 with 1192 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Subbuteo yes, that's a proper table football!

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Table football on 09:40 - Mar 25 with 1093 viewsstrikalite

Table football on 23:35 - Mar 24 by Lord_Lucan

Now I don't want to blow my own trumpet but when I was a teenager I was brilliant. I used to play it in The Coach and Horses and rarely lost.

Unfortunately throughout my adult years I have visited the table whenever I have encountered one and it's all gone. I am now completely useless.

That's surprising, i bet you're still pretty good but not how you used to be, surprised there isn't more tables in pubs, anybody can play, badly but play, we play doubles at work and brings a lot of fun and laughter that's for sure..
Table football on 10:39 - Mar 25 with 1057 viewsmonty_radio

I had a Subbeteo set that ended up with lots of tiny players with broken legs glued back on, missing arms and armless goalies. But the game went on anyway.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Table football on 16:28 - Mar 25 with 959 viewsBluespeed225

Table football on 23:50 - Mar 24 by Jonnosdreadlocks

Subbuteo yes, that's a proper table football!

Apart from obsessing over Town, I'd say 74'-80' I played almost everyday!
Login to get fewer ads

Table football on 16:33 - Mar 25 with 952 viewsfeelingblue

Yes, I was unbeaten for two years at university, then lost in the UAU semi-final to a bloke from Sheffield. Still think that I was better than him.

Sparks is right, the secret of a goal scoring midfield is being able to use an open left hand, without spinning.

Up front, you just need a very quick pull and/or push shot.
Table football on 19:48 - Mar 25 with 886 viewsVic

Table football on 10:39 - Mar 25 by monty_radio

I had a Subbeteo set that ended up with lots of tiny players with broken legs glued back on, missing arms and armless goalies. But the game went on anyway.

Ah, almost sounds like proper football that we all used to play!

BTW - did anyone else use araldite to stick them back together?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Table football on 19:52 - Mar 25 with 881 viewsVic

Table football on 16:33 - Mar 25 by feelingblue

Yes, I was unbeaten for two years at university, then lost in the UAU semi-final to a bloke from Sheffield. Still think that I was better than him.

Sparks is right, the secret of a goal scoring midfield is being able to use an open left hand, without spinning.

Up front, you just need a very quick pull and/or push shot.

We had a table in Yellow House common room at school. 10p a game, winner stayed on. Mate and me were rarely off the table during dinner time.

Regarding power - another thumbs up to Sparks, but it's also about the angle at which you strike the ball, you have to hit it when just behind the bar.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Table football on 19:52 - Mar 25 with 878 viewsvapour_trail

Table football on 19:48 - Mar 25 by Vic

Ah, almost sounds like proper football that we all used to play!

BTW - did anyone else use araldite to stick them back together?

I had a cheapskate game where you pressed on the head of the player and the leg would kick the ball. Can't recall the name. Wasn't as good as subutteo.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Table football on 20:41 - Mar 25 with 854 viewsstrikalite

Table football on 19:52 - Mar 25 by vapour_trail

I had a cheapskate game where you pressed on the head of the player and the leg would kick the ball. Can't recall the name. Wasn't as good as subutteo.

Super striker, wonderful :)
Table football on 20:50 - Mar 25 with 843 viewsvapour_trail

Table football on 20:41 - Mar 25 by strikalite

Super striker, wonderful :)

That's the fella. Had a few glued on heads and legs there as well.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Table football on 14:40 - Mar 26 with 735 viewsBluespeed225

Table football on 23:22 - Mar 24 by strikalite

Yeah seen a couple of clips on youtube, it's a different level that is, love to be able to play like that, many hours of practice I'd have thought...

Really good fun, loads of luck at beginner level...

watched a bit of that. Didn't even see the bloody ball when they shot! Whats with that 2 table malarky? Home and away? Lots of positioning/set up before a shot, bit slow on action. Big left hand needed to hold the goalie and defenders at once!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024