Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Something is bothering me . 04:45 - Mar 25 with 3803 viewsBenters

Why doesnt the club seem to be bothered about the fans who are leaving in their 1000's?

Last season 1000 ish season ticket holders didnt renew,now it seems like a fair few more are going to be doing the same this season .

This has got to be the most depressing time to be a town supporter in years .

Something doesnt add up to me thats all.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2017 6:42]

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Something is bothering me . on 06:17 - Mar 25 with 2647 viewsBrettenhamBlue

My guess is that they are relying on fans to return. How long can fans stay away from the club that they love? They seem to be relying very heavily on that level of loyalty.

I know one poster (a Psychologist) mentioned about how difficult it is for adult supporters to switch club allegiances. So many supporters will just stay away for a while, rather than change their club. Wish I could change club, but it's in my blood. I'll just support from a distance for a while and go to the occasional U23 game.

It's the younger fans who'll just walk away, and frankly I don't blame them.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

Something is bothering me . on 06:36 - Mar 25 with 2621 viewsBenters

Something is bothering me . on 06:17 - Mar 25 by BrettenhamBlue

My guess is that they are relying on fans to return. How long can fans stay away from the club that they love? They seem to be relying very heavily on that level of loyalty.

I know one poster (a Psychologist) mentioned about how difficult it is for adult supporters to switch club allegiances. So many supporters will just stay away for a while, rather than change their club. Wish I could change club, but it's in my blood. I'll just support from a distance for a while and go to the occasional U23 game.

Most of the fans i know who didnt renew for this season are aged 35-75 .

This is the first season in some 30 years i havent been to PR,and ive had offers of free season tickets from time to time.

I myself will return when i either see a big change at the club, or those three clowns have gone .

Sad times.

Gentlybentley

Something is bothering me . on 06:40 - Mar 25 with 2608 viewsBrettenhamBlue

Something is bothering me . on 06:36 - Mar 25 by Benters

Most of the fans i know who didnt renew for this season are aged 35-75 .

This is the first season in some 30 years i havent been to PR,and ive had offers of free season tickets from time to time.

I myself will return when i either see a big change at the club, or those three clowns have gone .

Sad times.

It is a sad and sorry time to be a fan, just hope we pick up 3 points against Birmingham to ease relegation worries.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

Something is bothering me . on 06:45 - Mar 25 with 2584 viewsBenters

Something is bothering me . on 06:40 - Mar 25 by BrettenhamBlue

It is a sad and sorry time to be a fan, just hope we pick up 3 points against Birmingham to ease relegation worries.

it will be another draw !

Gentlybentley

Something is bothering me . on 06:46 - Mar 25 with 2596 viewstrncbluearmy

The whole thing makes no sense whatsoever unless you consider this

"Groups and trading losses
If your company or organisation has a qualifying group relationship with another company, then you can choose to offset certain losses, including trading losses, against profits of other members of the group, instead of carrying it forwards or back."

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/corporation-tax-calculating-and-claiming-a-loss
Something is bothering me . on 07:12 - Mar 25 with 2530 viewsBenters

Something is bothering me . on 06:46 - Mar 25 by trncbluearmy

If your company or organisation has a qualifying group relationship with another company, then you can choose to offset certain losses, including trading losses, against profits of other members of the group, instead of carrying it forwards or back."

So its some sort of fiddle being played out by highly paid accountants ?

Gentlybentley

Something is bothering me . on 07:18 - Mar 25 with 2519 viewstrncbluearmy

Something is bothering me . on 07:12 - Mar 25 by Benters

So its some sort of fiddle being played out by highly paid accountants ?

Not a fiddle, allowed if my reading is correct, but does not bode well for the future of ITFC explains why he puts the bear minimum in to just keep ITFC afloat

ITFC is going nowhere with Evans in charge
I really hope this demo takes off,almost tempted to fly 2000 miles to join in.
Somehow we have to rid ourselves of him.
Something is bothering me . on 07:27 - Mar 25 with 2494 viewstextbackup

If aged over 14 you simply don't change clubs. I personally don't get people that have kids supporting teams that aren't the same as theirs.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Something is bothering me . on 07:31 - Mar 25 with 2467 viewsnoitan

Something is bothering me . on 07:18 - Mar 25 by trncbluearmy

Not a fiddle, allowed if my reading is correct, but does not bode well for the future of ITFC explains why he puts the bear minimum in to just keep ITFC afloat

Because they know that if team is winning and challenging for promotion then fans will come back.
All the moaning will stop and all will be well again.

Curlew

Something is bothering me . on 07:37 - Mar 25 with 2416 viewsBenters

Something is bothering me . on 07:18 - Mar 25 by trncbluearmy

But he using the club to do something that most of us dont understand .

What is the demo then ?

Gentlybentley

Something is bothering me . on 07:42 - Mar 25 with 2404 viewsBenters

Something is bothering me . on 07:31 - Mar 25 by noitan

Because they know that if team is winning and challenging for promotion then fans will come back.

I agree people like to be entertained and have a enjoyable time.

The playoff season was a blast,since then its 'mostly' been pants.

Gentlybentley

Something is bothering me . on 07:59 - Mar 25 with 2302 viewsbluejacko

As he is doing this against all the advice he was given you have to wonder,given that he sells tkt's for a living!
It's as if he is having a dig at the fans for daring to have a go about his running of the club.
Something is bothering me . on 08:10 - Mar 25 with 2258 viewsbrogansnose

Going to football is addictive and habit forming. If people get out of the habit then its more and more unlikely that they'll return. Football gets replaced by something else or they just can't be bothered to schlep out after work on a December Tuesday night. I know lots of Town fans who have given up since Burley who follow the team from afar and check out results.

Our active support has withered since relgation from the Prem, which is not surprising or unusual, and I thought we were down to the basic hardcore. The thing is now that Evans has decided to give the hardcore a kick in the nuts which will impact on revenue and fans getting behind the team.

I reckon that there's already a lost generation of younger fans out there and now he's reducing what's left. I really don't get why Evans owns the club anymore, surely in business terms he should sell up and cut his losses, but one thing is for certain, he clearly doesn't have the best inteersts of the club at heart.
Something is bothering me . on 08:15 - Mar 25 with 2225 viewstaximan

Something is bothering me . on 07:31 - Mar 25 by noitan

we are a million miles from that
Something is bothering me . on 08:21 - Mar 25 with 2200 viewstaximan

Something is bothering me . on 07:37 - Mar 25 by Benters

But he using the club to do something that most of us dont understand .

What is the demo then ?

i certainly don't understand what the invisible man is up to

whatever it is, it doesn't seem to be in the best interests of our club
Something is bothering me . on 08:28 - Mar 25 with 2183 viewsGuthrum

Something is bothering me . on 06:46 - Mar 25 by trncbluearmy

The problem with that is, while you offset the profit, the tax you save is only a proportion of that. So you're spending £1 to save 20p.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Something is bothering me . on 08:38 - Mar 25 with 2141 viewsDeano69

We are ruining a whole generation of potential supporters. Be honest, with little more than your hometown connection or because your family does, why would any youngster choose Ipswich to support? It's never been easier to support a more distant club.

It's bound to have a knock on effect in years to come.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Something is bothering me . on 08:43 - Mar 25 with 2135 viewsGuthrum

Possibly Evans thinks that most of the fans will renew despite the bad feeling. Or that there's a queue of people to replace them.

No idea, really. Losing fans doesn't make sense on any level.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Something is bothering me . on 08:47 - Mar 25 with 2111 viewsNo9

In reality what can they do?

had they sacked MM at the turn of the year and brought in a new man, provided he had brought a modicum of success you would have not needed to post this.

As it is MM will be at ITFC , at least until the end of the season & maybe beyond.

Any re-build under MM is unlikely and under new team management, time will be needed.

There is no immediate solution but it is apparent that 'IF' Mr Evans addressed the crowd in person he may find that does something to stop the rot?????
Something is bothering me . on 08:48 - Mar 25 with 2096 viewsfactual_blue

Something is bothering me . on 08:43 - Mar 25 by Guthrum

Possibly Evans thinks that most of the fans will renew despite the bad feeling. Or that there's a queue of people to replace them.

No idea, really. Losing fans doesn't make sense on any level.

This is a queue that is as realistic as Army Detachment Steiner.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Something is bothering me . on 09:01 - Mar 25 with 2058 viewshector_clifford

I wonder if a few people would renew if we signed a couple of good players early on, like Watkins and Ward who are nearing the end of their contracts I think.

Poll: Who is your favourite outfield Town player of the 1978 cup winning team?

Something is bothering me . on 09:06 - Mar 25 with 2033 viewsSwansea_Blue

How do you know they're not bothered?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Something is bothering me . on 09:09 - Mar 25 with 2023 viewsArnieM

Which explains why the Club have cynically targeted the older fans ( above 6oyrs) to effectively "pay for" the so called offers made to the younger fans by ITFC.

I hate Evans even more now.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Something is bothering me . on 09:29 - Mar 25 with 1939 viewsstrikalite

Something is bothering me . on 09:01 - Mar 25 by hector_clifford

I wonder if a few people would renew if we signed a couple of good players early on, like Watkins and Ward who are nearing the end of their contracts I think.

It would now be his only hope, a glimmer of something during the summer to givet the fans at least some heart back,but will they suddenly renew or just see how things go and pay for a few games here and there?

What will hurt us all is around July time, a summer of no footy is bad enough, waiting for that first game in sunny August full of optimism and sipping that first pint with your shirt on....taking that away......he's really fcuked this Club up guys..
Something is bothering me . on 09:30 - Mar 25 with 1938 viewstextbackup

Something is bothering me . on 09:01 - Mar 25 by hector_clifford

Wouldn't matter, we'd still have MM coaching the life out of them

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024