Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any Mods about? 15:43 - Mar 25 with 3690 viewsLord_Lucan

Just watching this

Quite interesting. I never knew that John Lydon was first choice for Jimmy - but they couldn't get insurance on him.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Any Mods about? on 16:04 - Mar 25 with 1920 viewsblueislander

I did my best between 1964 and 1967 on my Lambretta , wearing a PVC mac and Cuban heel boots
Any Mods about? on 16:12 - Mar 25 with 1901 viewsfactual_blue

Any Mods about? on 16:04 - Mar 25 by blueislander

I did my best between 1964 and 1967 on my Lambretta , wearing a PVC mac and Cuban heel boots

Where you went wrong was to wear nothing but the PVC mac and Cuban heels.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Any Mods about? on 16:16 - Mar 25 with 1898 viewsblueislander

Any Mods about? on 16:12 - Mar 25 by factual_blue

Where you went wrong was to wear nothing but the PVC mac and Cuban heels.

What is wrong with that?
Any Mods about? on 16:24 - Mar 25 with 1879 viewsBluespeed225

Met Phil Davis at a showing of his Steve Marriott film with Martin Freeman playing Steve. Freeman was a nice chap, Davis a bit of a luvvie! His kid goes to Woodbridge School. Wingetts' a good bloke. Came on a Modcast boat trip up the Thames a couple of years back.
Franc Roddams greatest moment?? Probably that he invented Masterchef!
Any Mods about? on 16:24 - Mar 25 with 1866 viewsfactual_blue

Any Mods about? on 16:16 - Mar 25 by blueislander

What is wrong with that?

It should have been a stiletto heel with PVC.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Any Mods about? on 16:27 - Mar 25 with 1859 viewsblueislander

Any Mods about? on 16:24 - Mar 25 by factual_blue

It should have been a stiletto heel with PVC.

That is what my pillion passenger wore.
Any Mods about? on 16:56 - Mar 25 with 1823 viewsLord_Lucan

Any Mods about? on 16:24 - Mar 25 by Bluespeed225

Met Phil Davis at a showing of his Steve Marriott film with Martin Freeman playing Steve. Freeman was a nice chap, Davis a bit of a luvvie! His kid goes to Woodbridge School. Wingetts' a good bloke. Came on a Modcast boat trip up the Thames a couple of years back.

Shame to hear that about Davis, who I like and Freeman, who I don't like.

Is Wingett very tall? He was only 16 or 17 when they made Quadrophenia.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Any Mods about? on 17:34 - Mar 25 with 1771 viewssoupytwist

What are the Modcast events like? I keep toying with the idea of going on one with a couple of mates but then think better of it.
Login to get fewer ads

Any Mods about? on 17:41 - Mar 25 with 1757 viewsLord_Lucan

Any Mods about? on 17:34 - Mar 25 by soupytwist

What are the Modcast events like? I keep toying with the idea of going on one with a couple of mates but then think better of it.

I fancy going on one of those boat trips, is there one this year?

I've been on the sex pistols boat a couple of times, that's crazy.

Any Mods about? on 17:45 - Mar 25 with 1740 viewssoupytwist

Any Mods about? on 17:41 - Mar 25 by Lord_Lucan

There's a summer one and they're also doing a land based all dayer in a few weeks I think
Any Mods about? on 17:52 - Mar 25 with 1731 viewsLord_Lucan

Any Mods about? on 17:45 - Mar 25 by soupytwist

There's a summer one and they're also doing a land based all dayer in a few weeks I think

I'll check it out, well fancy the boat though. One of The Buzzcock bods was on the last sex pistols boat trip.

Any Mods about? on 18:08 - Mar 25 with 1707 viewsartsbossbeard

Any Mods about? on 17:52 - Mar 25 by Lord_Lucan

I'll check it out, well fancy the boat though. One of The Buzzcock bods was on the last sex pistols boat trip.

Fingers crossed The Purple Hearts will be playing.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Any Mods about? on 18:40 - Mar 25 with 1677 viewsBLUEBEAT

I was on that boat too.

Matt Berry also on board ⚓️

Poll: W or W

Any Mods about? on 19:29 - Mar 25 with 1601 viewsBluespeed225

Any Mods about? on 18:40 - Mar 25 by BLUEBEAT

I was on that boat too.

Matt Berry also on board ⚓️

He was! Small world. Do you know that Howard and the Norwich lot? We threatened to throw him over after their promotion and he got a bit gobby. He hasn't spoken to us since!
Any Mods about? on 19:30 - Mar 25 with 1599 viewsBluespeed225

The summer one has sold out, hence the April 9th land based one, but there's usually another one in September.
Any Mods about? on 19:33 - Mar 25 with 1595 viewsBluespeed225

Any Mods about? on 17:34 - Mar 25 by soupytwist

It's good day out, 2pm till 8, no stops! Good crowd, no 'comedies'. Bit too much r 'n' b for my taste, but Eddie Pilller gets the crowd up.
Any Mods about? on 19:50 - Mar 25 with 1570 viewsbritbiker

Pistols and buzzcocks, two great bands. For those who like scooters, one weekend in summer the whole of Isle of Wight is buzzing with vespas. I prefer real bikes but they look great on mass. Shame the music choice appears to be northern sole.
Any Mods about? on 20:07 - Mar 25 with 1559 viewsLord_Lucan

Any Mods about? on 19:50 - Mar 25 by britbiker

Pistols and buzzcocks, two great bands. For those who like scooters, one weekend in summer the whole of Isle of Wight is buzzing with vespas. I prefer real bikes but they look great on mass. Shame the music choice appears to be northern sole.

Nothing wrong with Northern Soul. Here's the thing though, Modernism is a way of life and you can listen to whoever you want. The Who weren't Mods but were liked by mods, The Purple Hearts were mods but The Chords weren't really, they were a band - liked by mods. The Spitfires admit to being mods but not a mod band, they are mods in a band. What I'm trying to get at is where as punks and teds tend to only like their own music, Mods are different. It's a way of life.

Mods might drive scooters but "Scooter Boys" are definitely not Mods. They are dirty feckers.

Any Mods about? on 20:36 - Mar 25 with 1528 viewsblueislander

Any Mods about? on 19:50 - Mar 25 by britbiker

The Pistols and the Buzzcocks have no place in a Mod environment. They are punk bands.
Any Mods about? on 20:41 - Mar 25 with 1521 viewsjontysnut

Any Mods about? on 20:07 - Mar 25 by Lord_Lucan

Nothing wrong with Northern Soul. Here's the thing though, Modernism is a way of life and you can listen to whoever you want. The Who weren't Mods but were liked by mods, The Purple Hearts were mods but The Chords weren't really, they were a band - liked by mods. The Spitfires admit to being mods but not a mod band, they are mods in a band. What I'm trying to get at is where as punks and teds tend to only like their own music, Mods are different. It's a way of life.

Mods might drive scooters but "Scooter Boys" are definitely not Mods. They are dirty feckers.

I remember a Quadrophenia era mod night late 70s in the Manor Ballrom where Gladstone Lee ( for it was he), sporting a suit three sizes too small and a pork pie hat 'persuaded' the DJ to play Green Onions about 5 times in a row
Any Mods about? on 20:49 - Mar 25 with 1513 viewsLord_Lucan

Any Mods about? on 20:36 - Mar 25 by blueislander

The Pistols and the Buzzcocks have no place in a Mod environment. They are punk bands.

Buzzcocks have a massive Mod following and Steve Diggle confesses to being a bit of a Mod at heart. They aren't really a punk band at all if you listen to them, they just hung on to the punk explosion much the same way that The Jam did.

Any Mods about? on 20:58 - Mar 25 with 1498 viewsblueislander

Any Mods about? on 20:49 - Mar 25 by Lord_Lucan

Buzzcocks have a massive Mod following and Steve Diggle confesses to being a bit of a Mod at heart. They aren't really a punk band at all if you listen to them, they just hung on to the punk explosion much the same way that The Jam did.

Sorry mate, but you are too young to know what the real original Mod music was.it was people like Jimmy Reed and Little Walter and their peers. The British bands would be John Baldry and Steam Packet, The Art Woods, Downliners Sect.etc.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2017 21:04]
Any Mods about? on 21:24 - Mar 25 with 1454 viewssoupytwist

Any Mods about? on 20:58 - Mar 25 by blueislander

Sorry mate, but you are too young to know what the real original Mod music was.it was people like Jimmy Reed and Little Walter and their peers. The British bands would be John Baldry and Steam Packet, The Art Woods, Downliners Sect.etc.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2017 21:04]

Pretty sure Diggle has been on the Modcast and as anyone who listens will know, it's a broad church.
Any Mods about? on 21:30 - Mar 25 with 1452 viewsblueislander

Any Mods about? on 21:24 - Mar 25 by soupytwist

Pretty sure Diggle has been on the Modcast and as anyone who listens will know, it's a broad church.

Mod was over by 1970,
Any Mods about? on 21:44 - Mar 25 with 1438 viewsLord_Lucan

Any Mods about? on 21:30 - Mar 25 by blueislander

Mod was over by 1970,

We are discussing the Mod renewal. Who said Modernism was the sole possession of the original Mod movement?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024