Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much money would it take to buy ITFC? 05:50 - Mar 26 with 1790 viewsharlingblue

What would you actually buy?
Who owns the Playford Road training area?
How much does our Council put in to support the Club?
Just a few novice questions, but I await answers from more knowledgeable supporters of our club.
How much money would it take to buy ITFC? on 06:38 - Mar 26 with 1759 viewsHARRY10

eh ! ! !
How much money would it take to buy ITFC? on 06:48 - Mar 26 with 1749 viewsBenters

How much money would it take to buy ITFC? on 06:38 - Mar 26 by HARRY10

eh ! ! !

Does that show up on the council tax bills?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

How much money would it take to buy ITFC? on 10:52 - Mar 26 with 1570 viewsblueislander

I think it all depends on how much tax you want to save.
How much money would it take to buy ITFC? on 11:08 - Mar 26 with 1551 viewsMJallday

£1

the club isnt worth anything. its circa £100m in debt

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

How much money would it take to buy ITFC? on 11:12 - Mar 26 with 1544 viewsblueislander

How much money would it take to buy ITFC? on 11:08 - Mar 26 by MJallday

£1

the club isnt worth anything. its circa £100m in debt

I guess that is correct. Evans would sell in a moment if he could get the debt to him repaid. No premium on top would be required, so therefore the value of the club is zero.
How much money would it take to buy ITFC? on 11:16 - Mar 26 with 1536 viewsPhilTWTD

How much money would it take to buy ITFC? on 11:12 - Mar 26 by blueislander

I guess that is correct. Evans would sell in a moment if he could get the debt to him repaid. No premium on top would be required, so therefore the value of the club is zero.

There's never been any intention that the debt would be repaid, 'loans' are the most efficient way of investing.
How much money would it take to buy ITFC? on 11:22 - Mar 26 with 1518 viewsblueislander

How much money would it take to buy ITFC? on 11:16 - Mar 26 by PhilTWTD

There's never been any intention that the debt would be repaid, 'loans' are the most efficient way of investing.

That isn't the point Phil. If he were to be able to sell, virtually all the sale proceeds would go to him as repayment of the debt. The real question is , how much is he prepared to accept. He surely can't expect anyone to repay him in full at the moment.
How much money would it take to buy ITFC? on 11:39 - Mar 26 with 1485 viewsBent_double

How much money would it take to buy ITFC? on 11:22 - Mar 26 by blueislander

That isn't the point Phil. If he were to be able to sell, virtually all the sale proceeds would go to him as repayment of the debt. The real question is , how much is he prepared to accept. He surely can't expect anyone to repay him in full at the moment.

If someone offered, say £20m right now, he could take that money and put it where his accountants tell him is best (any suggestions??), then walk away knowing that his time here was a failure, but he won't have to 'invest' £6m a year for the next 5 or 10 years. That's someone else's problem.

The only other alternative - if no-one offers what he wants - is to pull all his investment and effectively put the club into admin, but as the owner, not sure how that would benefit him, other than saving the £6m a year he alegedly puts in.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Login to get fewer ads

How much money would it take to buy ITFC? on 11:56 - Mar 26 with 1448 viewsPhilTWTD

How much money would it take to buy ITFC? on 11:22 - Mar 26 by blueislander

The debt will almost certainly be written down prior to a sale, as per Bolton last year. ME would accept a price up front, then probably further payments as and when the club is promoted.
How much money would it take to buy ITFC? on 12:55 - Mar 26 with 1357 viewsWeWereZombies

How much money would it take to buy ITFC? on 11:56 - Mar 26 by PhilTWTD

The debt will almost certainly be written down prior to a sale, as per Bolton last year. ME would accept a price up front, then probably further payments as and when the club is promoted.

The problem with this strategy is that promotion is the be all and end all, and how likely is promotion (I know we all think next year will be the year, but realistically)? The other option ME has is to sell off Playford Road for housing development but a number of factors would need to fall into place for that to happen, one of them being a catastrophic decline in the fortunes of the club on the pitch.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

How much money would it take to buy ITFC? on 12:59 - Mar 26 with 1335 viewsIllinoisblue

How much money would it take to buy ITFC? on 12:55 - Mar 26 by WeWereZombies

The problem with this strategy is that promotion is the be all and end all, and how likely is promotion (I know we all think next year will be the year, but realistically)? The other option ME has is to sell off Playford Road for housing development but a number of factors would need to fall into place for that to happen, one of them being a catastrophic decline in the fortunes of the club on the pitch.

I'm sure somebody this week said Playford Rd training ground land can't be developed for housing. Some kind of usage restriction on it from the council.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

How much money would it take to buy ITFC? on 13:05 - Mar 26 with 1308 viewsWeWereZombies

How much money would it take to buy ITFC? on 12:59 - Mar 26 by Illinoisblue

I'm sure somebody this week said Playford Rd training ground land can't be developed for housing. Some kind of usage restriction on it from the council.

If so, then ME should be putting a bit more effort into building a promotion winning team, of course that is a very difficult task and most of us do not want him to blow the budget Derby style. Maybe there will be a bit more of a clue if we have a change of manager in the summer.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

How much money would it take to buy ITFC? on 14:23 - Mar 26 with 1158 viewsPinewoodblue

How much money would it take to buy ITFC? on 11:16 - Mar 26 by PhilTWTD

IT is the most efficient way of Evsns getting his money back in the unlikely event Town are promoted

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024