Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else read a letter from British YPG fighters on last week's attack? 09:27 - Mar 26 with 3774 viewsMullet

https://komnews.com/open-letter-british-ypg-fighters-london-attacks/

Raises some very interesting points. I wonder if they got a response from the hate groups, racists and scumbags making a career off the back of these sorts of things?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Anyone else read a letter from British YPG fighters on last week's attack? on 15:24 - Mar 26 with 1441 viewsDarth_Koont

Anyone else read a letter from British YPG fighters on last week's attack? on 15:20 - Mar 26 by lloydy84

Agree with what Darth_Koont said, but this quote from their article;

'Don’t stand with Britain First, the EDL, UKIP or those who talk and think like them. Stand with us.'

Is pure ignorance.

I support, or at least supported Ukip, I wouldn't dream of supporting the EDL, Britain First or any other Racist organisation. They're accusing others of ignorance whilst displaying a sizeable amount of ignorance themselves.

UKIP are hugely dangerous though - a wolf in sheep's clothing or at least they're prepared to play both sides of that to get what they want.

Whether you can perhaps rationalise that they aren't racist they've still exploited a xenophobic language and electorate to further their "acceptable" aims.

Pronouns: He/Him

Anyone else read a letter from British YPG fighters on last week's attack? on 16:51 - Mar 26 with 1385 viewsMullet

Anyone else read a letter from British YPG fighters on last week's attack? on 13:49 - Mar 26 by FrowsyArmLarry

The attacker here was a lone nutter. There isnt evidence of him being connected to IS or even that he did the attack because of his religious background, so I fail to see the relevance.

Which is why no one has linked them at all or used it to further their agenda. I saw a tweet from that disgusting Alex Jones prick in the US claiming Muslims are pressuring the Queen to convert to Islam in the UK.

There was massive condemnation of the woman walking past on the phone and snide insinuations based on her race/religion and tacit "support" etc.

I think the article makes it quite clear who/what it is addressing and the authors' quite understandable challenge to these people. Regardless of if you or I agree.

Anyone else read a letter from British YPG fighters on last week's attack? on 17:03 - Mar 26 with 1376 viewsMullet

Anyone else read a letter from British YPG fighters on last week's attack? on 15:20 - Mar 26 by lloydy84

Agree with what Darth_Koont said, but this quote from their article;

'Don’t stand with Britain First, the EDL, UKIP or those who talk and think like them. Stand with us.'

Is pure ignorance.

I support, or at least supported Ukip, I wouldn't dream of supporting the EDL, Britain First or any other Racist organisation. They're accusing others of ignorance whilst displaying a sizeable amount of ignorance themselves.

I think that's you trying to defend yourself of guilt by association to be honest. It's quite obvious that UKIP are the slightly more coherent face, or a seemingly moderate hop, skip and a jump away from those two on the right-wing street of British of politics.

UKIP have cynically exploited fear, racism and ignorance successfully for years. They've quite gladly let the cowardly skinheads shout and slather away, whilst stepping in as the noise settles down a little.

(SJW blog story for clarity http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/ukip/hobson-s-hatred-nottingham-ukip-candidate-exp

Here's their supports' views side by side with BNP's after the 2010 general election compared

And just a reminder to bookend this point nicely. Why again was this asshole repeatedly being "our" spokesman to Fox news and their demographics in America on things such as this?

Plus there's a litany of articles such as the following all within a 2 minute google

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/nov/16/nigel-farage-accuse-british-mus
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/feb/04/ukip-mep-gerard-batten-muslims-

This is my favourite one though. Trying to steal headlines by looking to moderate Trump and his media posturing, before switching it ever so clumsily into what sounds like a much more reasonable idea. That's who has been steering the UKIP agenda and using Islamaphobia to do so when convenient and expedient.

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/12/18/trump-wrong-on-muslim-ban-ukips-farage.html

Anyone else read a letter from British YPG fighters on last week's attack? on 17:24 - Mar 26 with 1358 viewslloydy84

Anyone else read a letter from British YPG fighters on last week's attack? on 17:03 - Mar 26 by Mullet

I think that's you trying to defend yourself of guilt by association to be honest. It's quite obvious that UKIP are the slightly more coherent face, or a seemingly moderate hop, skip and a jump away from those two on the right-wing street of British of politics.

UKIP have cynically exploited fear, racism and ignorance successfully for years. They've quite gladly let the cowardly skinheads shout and slather away, whilst stepping in as the noise settles down a little.

(SJW blog story for clarity http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/ukip/hobson-s-hatred-nottingham-ukip-candidate-exp

Here's their supports' views side by side with BNP's after the 2010 general election compared

And just a reminder to bookend this point nicely. Why again was this asshole repeatedly being "our" spokesman to Fox news and their demographics in America on things such as this?

Plus there's a litany of articles such as the following all within a 2 minute google

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/nov/16/nigel-farage-accuse-british-mus
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/feb/04/ukip-mep-gerard-batten-muslims-

This is my favourite one though. Trying to steal headlines by looking to moderate Trump and his media posturing, before switching it ever so clumsily into what sounds like a much more reasonable idea. That's who has been steering the UKIP agenda and using Islamaphobia to do so when convenient and expedient.

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/12/18/trump-wrong-on-muslim-ban-ukips-farage.html

Ukip have nothing, I repeat, NOTHING to do with the EDL, Britain First or any of these organisations. Next you'll be posting the picture of those Britain First guys who took a picture with Farage when Farage thought they were ordinary people in the street, and claim that they're best mates.

Just because some candidate from Nottingham re tweeted something it doesn't mean 4 million people are Racist.

The fact is most people in the UK have a negative view of Islam, that is not Ukip supporters, it includes Tories, Labour, everyone. Why did you post the Ukip survey and not a more broad one?

Comres survey 2016 -
Islam is compatible with British values - 28% agree
Islam is a negative force in the UK - 43% agree
Most people in the UK have a negative view of Islam - 72% agree

But it's all about Ukip!!!
[Post edited 26 Mar 2017 17:25]
Anyone else read a letter from British YPG fighters on last week's attack? on 17:28 - Mar 26 with 1345 viewsMullet

Anyone else read a letter from British YPG fighters on last week's attack? on 17:24 - Mar 26 by lloydy84

Ukip have nothing, I repeat, NOTHING to do with the EDL, Britain First or any of these organisations. Next you'll be posting the picture of those Britain First guys who took a picture with Farage when Farage thought they were ordinary people in the street, and claim that they're best mates.

Just because some candidate from Nottingham re tweeted something it doesn't mean 4 million people are Racist.

The fact is most people in the UK have a negative view of Islam, that is not Ukip supporters, it includes Tories, Labour, everyone. Why did you post the Ukip survey and not a more broad one?

Comres survey 2016 -
Islam is a negative force in the UK - 43% agree
Most people in the UK have a negative view of Islam - 72% agree

But it's all about Ukip!!!
[Post edited 26 Mar 2017 17:25]

It seems you've missed the point spectacularly.

You raised a contention with the original article hence the focus on UKIP - that was your doing.

There's a massive amount of evidence far more than the selection I found for you, which backs up their point and the wider one about UKIP exploiting the wake of the EDL, Britain First and the like.

There are people across the board who share views. The point being they are heavily concentrated among your party and the ones highlighted. No one has said "4 million people are racist" you're clearly learning from Nige, with that one.

It's an uncomfortable truth, but it is fairly easy to demonstrate.

Anyone else read a letter from British YPG fighters on last week's attack? on 17:50 - Mar 26 with 1312 viewslloydy84

Anyone else read a letter from British YPG fighters on last week's attack? on 17:28 - Mar 26 by Mullet

It seems you've missed the point spectacularly.

You raised a contention with the original article hence the focus on UKIP - that was your doing.

There's a massive amount of evidence far more than the selection I found for you, which backs up their point and the wider one about UKIP exploiting the wake of the EDL, Britain First and the like.

There are people across the board who share views. The point being they are heavily concentrated among your party and the ones highlighted. No one has said "4 million people are racist" you're clearly learning from Nige, with that one.

It's an uncomfortable truth, but it is fairly easy to demonstrate.

72% of people believe Islam is not compatible with British values.

Ukip are, at best, 13% of the electorate.

If we took this to extremes and say, lets take out 13% that is the Ukip vote, leave the figure at 59%, that means the majority of none Ukip supporters also believe this, does it not?

They are not just heavily concentrated in Ukip, they're heavily concentrated nationwide whether you're willing to accept that or not.

'You raised a contention with the original article hence the focus on UKIP - that was your doing.'

My point was to not associate Ukip with these Xenophobic and Racist organisations. There are problems in the Muslim communities in this Country, Ukip highlight those issues, REAL issues, and there are also fears about immigration from some Muslims countries. Real questions that need to be answered. That doesn't make Ukip the BNP.
Anyone else read a letter from British YPG fighters on last week's attack? on 17:54 - Mar 26 with 1299 viewsMullet

Anyone else read a letter from British YPG fighters on last week's attack? on 17:50 - Mar 26 by lloydy84

72% of people believe Islam is not compatible with British values.

Ukip are, at best, 13% of the electorate.

If we took this to extremes and say, lets take out 13% that is the Ukip vote, leave the figure at 59%, that means the majority of none Ukip supporters also believe this, does it not?

They are not just heavily concentrated in Ukip, they're heavily concentrated nationwide whether you're willing to accept that or not.

'You raised a contention with the original article hence the focus on UKIP - that was your doing.'

My point was to not associate Ukip with these Xenophobic and Racist organisations. There are problems in the Muslim communities in this Country, Ukip highlight those issues, REAL issues, and there are also fears about immigration from some Muslims countries. Real questions that need to be answered. That doesn't make Ukip the BNP.

You're shifting the argument, which is interesting. You're right there are issues in "communities" while trying to whitewash the ones in the UKIP community. An interesting tightrope you continue to walk.

You've still not gone back and explained almost any of what was put to you regarding UKIP, their methods, Nigel's own cult of personality or media scheming to further it using a clear anti-Islam message as a cornerstone of it, particularly evident in his pathetic attempts to reach an American audience post UKIP.

No one is denying an increase in distrust, suspicion or hatred towards Muslims in this country. Quite the opposite which is the point.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024