Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... 04:05 - Mar 27 with 4462 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Is he a c*** as one person commented (with 5k in likes) or a changed geezer who deserves a second chance (1k in likes).

Personally, I thought it was a very interesting video and well worth 3 minutes of your time.

I was particularly interested in TWTDs opinion on this.

[Post edited 27 Mar 2017 4:05]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 09:59 - Mar 27 with 1220 viewsGuthrum

He's someone who had a youthful, idealistic, but misguided belief in an extremist ideology, willing to go to any lengths to establish it. Then one day he woke up.

In the cold light of day, away from the febrile and self-absorbed atmosphere of small groups of plotters, these ideas begin to look as silly as they actually are (to all but the most deluded, often actually deranged, fanatic).

You get an inward-looking organisation, all self-affirming in the rightness of their cause, never questioning the logical basis of their beliefs, that is where the danger lies. My mother went to see a course run by a bloke who had been an islamist, fighting with the Mujahideen in Afghanistan, but who now also campaigns and educates against extremism. He said that communities isolating themselves (particularly linguistically) was a fertile breeding ground for terrorist recruiters.

If he's now working to prevent young people going down the same path he once did, then all credit to the man. Education and information are the most potent weapons in the fight against extremism. We need people who can speak from real experience and carry genuine conviction (lectures from outside authority figures do not often work with rebellious-minded youth).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 10:16 - Mar 27 with 1187 viewsGuthrum

Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 06:03 - Mar 27 by Benters

2.Our village church bells were thrashing out Yesterday Morn, the flock walked over to the church all dressed up in their Sunday best,the farmers roll up in their Range Rovers as far as i know they didnt feel the need to run down anybody like your 'Radical Muslims'.

4.Thats fine you can call us the TGM if you like,you have a pop at me,i will have a pop at you,dont play the age card though .

Hows that ?

If north Essex farmers (the ones who can afford Range Rovers) were, or perceived themselves to be, part of an oppressed and powerless minority, then they'd be unlikely to go to church somewhere as moderate and establisment as the CofE - and some might well take the law into their own hands. You're not quite comparing like with like.

Tho just under two hundred years ago, the East Anglian countryside was alive with violent protest - widespread arson and destruction of property. Depressed agricultural wages and unemployment combined with high rent, tithes and food prices led to serious trouble. In the subsequent crack-down, over 250 were sentenced to death (tho only 19 actually hanged) and nearly 500 transported.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

on 12:37 - Mar 27 with 1143 views_

Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 08:18 - Mar 27 by taximan

lovely

how is the year of the rommy progressing ?

dream job landed ?
off to uni, like other "squad" members ?

come on boy, any updates ?

with love from TGN

Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 14:20 - Mar 27 with 1052 viewstaximan

on 12:37 - Mar 27 by _

i responded to the top gear stuff

thanks for your interest

would you like a price for heathrow or gatwick ?
Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 14:39 - Mar 27 with 1018 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 14:20 - Mar 27 by taximan

i responded to the top gear stuff

thanks for your interest

would you like a price for heathrow or gatwick ?

£40 in a reasonably priced car driven by the Stig?

Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 14:55 - Mar 27 with 994 viewstaximan

Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 14:39 - Mar 27 by The_Romford_Blue

£40 in a reasonably priced car driven by the Stig?

i just had to google "the stig", as i had no idea what it was

you simply cannot help yourself can you ?

shall i report that as abuse, or shall i put it down to you being a child ? (liberos wording, not mine}
Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 14:59 - Mar 27 with 983 viewshype313

Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 14:55 - Mar 27 by taximan

shall i report that as abuse, or shall i put it down to you being a child ? (liberos wording, not mine}

You just got owned by a child.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 15:08 - Mar 27 with 957 viewsBlueLikeJazz

Or you could just stop sh*tting up every single thread with tedious personal vendettas.
Login to get fewer ads

Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 15:13 - Mar 27 with 942 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I said to Benters that any sh1t from you two and I would just refer to you as TGM as I know you don't like it.

Your reaction was to start again.

What did you expect? I'm not gonna take your nonsense anymore so I shall give it back.

If you are man enough to dish it out, you must expect to get a little back.

Kushty?

Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 15:20 - Mar 27 with 923 viewstaximan

Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 15:13 - Mar 27 by The_Romford_Blue

I said to Benters that any sh1t from you two and I would just refer to you as TGM as I know you don't like it.

What did you expect? I'm not gonna take your nonsense anymore so I shall give it back.

Kushty?

so it wasn't you that reported me ?

i don't give a sh1t about tgm, top gear or any such stuff

i was brought up with "sticks and stones" etc

however, some on here see you as a vulnerable child and feel the need to protect you

with this in mind, i will not respond to your top gear stuff
Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 15:26 - Mar 27 with 901 viewsvapour_trail

Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 08:37 - Mar 27 by Bluebell

You posted this thread at 4.05 Rommy. Are you still not sleeping?

This post has been edited by an administrator

This thread has been shortened since I last looked.

What's going on? And why have bluebells posts been edited - up to no good again?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 15:33 - Mar 27 with 885 viewsPhilTWTD

Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 15:20 - Mar 27 by taximan

however, some on here see you as a vulnerable child and feel the need to protect you

Think you both need to put one another on ignore, becoming tedious for the rest of us.
Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 15:45 - Mar 27 with 847 viewsBenters

Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 15:13 - Mar 27 by The_Romford_Blue

Kushty?

But i havent gave you any sh1t ?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 15:45 - Mar 27 with 840 viewsbluewein

Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 15:33 - Mar 27 by PhilTWTD

Think you both need to put one another on ignore, becoming tedious for the rest of us.

"Becoming"?

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 15:49 - Mar 27 with 833 viewsBluebell

Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 15:26 - Mar 27 by vapour_trail

This thread has been shortened since I last looked.

What's going on? And why have bluebells posts been edited - up to no good again?

Yes Phil, why was my post edited?

I didn't say anything that anyone could take offence to.
Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 16:11 - Mar 27 with 796 viewsPJH

Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 15:49 - Mar 27 by Bluebell

Wish I had read it before it got edited.
It was not the one about fat sweaty men because that is on another thread.
Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 16:13 - Mar 27 with 789 viewsPhilTWTD

Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 15:49 - Mar 27 by Bluebell

It referenced a bit of the removed abusive bit beforehand that was removed so the first bit didn't make a lot of sense.
Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 16:19 - Mar 27 with 774 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 15:20 - Mar 27 by taximan

For the record (and I'm sure Phil will confirm) it was NOT me who reported it as abuse

Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 16:20 - Mar 27 with 767 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 15:33 - Mar 27 by PhilTWTD

I spent the first 3 months of 2016 asking for him to put me on ignore. He refused.

I subsequently asked you to get him to put me on ignore. He refused.

What am I to do. The geezer is obsessed.

Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 16:27 - Mar 27 with 737 viewsLankHenners

Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 16:20 - Mar 27 by The_Romford_Blue

I spent the first 3 months of 2016 asking for him to put me on ignore. He refused.

I subsequently asked you to get him to put me on ignore. He refused.

What am I to do. The geezer is obsessed.

"what am I to do(?)"

Put him on ignore - so you don't see his posts and bite every time.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2017 16:28]

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 16:32 - Mar 27 with 705 viewsBluebell

Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 16:13 - Mar 27 by PhilTWTD

It referenced a bit of the removed abusive bit beforehand that was removed so the first bit didn't make a lot of sense.

Ummmm ..............ok. I think.

You are the boss.

To be honest I haven't a clue what I said.
Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 16:32 - Mar 27 with 696 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 16:27 - Mar 27 by LankHenners

"what am I to do(?)"

Put him on ignore - so you don't see his posts and bite every time.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2017 16:28]

Exactly what I did before. Only to be messaged by someone saying he's spirit his rubbish about me again.

Affectively tarring my name with his nonsense.

Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 16:34 - Mar 27 with 670 viewshype313

Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 16:32 - Mar 27 by Bluebell

Ummmm ..............ok. I think.

You are the boss.

To be honest I haven't a clue what I said.

That's age dear.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 16:34 - Mar 27 with 660 viewsPhilTWTD

Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 16:19 - Mar 27 by The_Romford_Blue

For the record (and I'm sure Phil will confirm) it was NOT me who reported it as abuse

Indeed, was other people, not you.
Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 16:37 - Mar 27 with 643 viewsLankHenners

Someone sent me this earlier today on Facebook... on 16:32 - Mar 27 by The_Romford_Blue

Exactly what I did before. Only to be messaged by someone saying he's spirit his rubbish about me again.

Affectively tarring my name with his nonsense.

But you don't need to keep 'defending yourself' - anyone with half a brain cell knows he's spouting all kinds of rubbish most of the time so just let him get on with it.

He's doing it deliberately to provoke you and it works every time. Don't rise to it, be the bigger man.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024