Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Massive week ahead for Town 08:21 - Mar 27 with 2759 viewstextbackup

Question is, what points do we take from these two games?

6?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Massive week ahead for Town on 14:46 - Mar 27 with 712 viewsSteve_M

Massive week ahead for Town on 14:42 - Mar 27 by Swansea_Blue

And the season before, swap Murph for Fraser. Bit of a pattern emerging!

Not really true for 2014-15 though is it? There was a coherent team approach in 2014-15 which has been largely absent since the start of 2016.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Massive week ahead for Town on 14:53 - Mar 27 with 691 viewsSwansea_Blue

Massive week ahead for Town on 14:46 - Mar 27 by Steve_M

Not really true for 2014-15 though is it? There was a coherent team approach in 2014-15 which has been largely absent since the start of 2016.

Not my memory of it, as we were carried along by Murph's goals and the football was still very similar. Certainly what I saw was very similar to the anti-football of the last 2 seasons, but I only get to see half a dozen games a season, and I didn't see us win that season. So I must have been particularly unlucky!

Although I did see the match on TV against wigan that season when we were superb.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Massive week ahead for Town on 18:11 - Mar 27 with 639 viewsClausThomsen

6 points is a reasonable expectation if you look at the opposition. Birmingham post-Rowett and Wigan are both having a terrible time of it.

But our manager's Mick McCarthy and thanks to him we've only won once since Lincoln City who, thanks to him outplayed us both home and away.

Sears and Pitman are both decent enough (and proven) to get goals at this level, but one's been converted to a winger while the other is being used as a targetman and just spends the entire match losing every aerial battle he's involved in.

2 points has to be the bare minimum we take from these matches.

If we lose them both, can we *PLEASE* sack him?
Massive week ahead for Town on 18:33 - Mar 27 with 621 viewsNorthern_Blue81

Massive week ahead for Town on 18:11 - Mar 27 by ClausThomsen

6 points is a reasonable expectation if you look at the opposition. Birmingham post-Rowett and Wigan are both having a terrible time of it.

But our manager's Mick McCarthy and thanks to him we've only won once since Lincoln City who, thanks to him outplayed us both home and away.

Sears and Pitman are both decent enough (and proven) to get goals at this level, but one's been converted to a winger while the other is being used as a targetman and just spends the entire match losing every aerial battle he's involved in.

Wigan beat Birmingham recently, so we should have enough to beat Birmingham, surely?
Massive week ahead for Town on 18:47 - Mar 27 with 603 viewsPJH

As you say,thanks to MM we got through a very difficult on paper February unbeaten.
We could do with winning both of these upcoming games which would then take almost all the pressure off the games that follow.
Ideally two good results will convince MM to confirm that he will be here next season.
Massive week ahead for Town on 18:58 - Mar 27 with 594 viewsClausThomsen

Massive week ahead for Town on 18:47 - Mar 27 by PJH

As you say,thanks to MM we got through a very difficult on paper February unbeaten.
We could do with winning both of these upcoming games which would then take almost all the pressure off the games that follow.
Ideally two good results will convince MM to confirm that he will be here next season.

I didn't really say that, but he does deserve credit for February - although it does seem slightly accidental with the fullbacks in the back 3.

If we play Chambers, Berra and Smith as the back 3 on Saturday then we might as well play Moore up top instead of wasting another 90 minutes of everyone's time fruitlessly hoofing it to Pitman.

#justsackhim
Massive week ahead for Town on 19:12 - Mar 27 with 580 viewsJ2BLUE

If we lose both of those I can see him being sacked as it will have reached critical level.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Massive week ahead for Town on 19:18 - Mar 27 with 571 viewsNorthern_Blue81

Massive week ahead for Town on 19:12 - Mar 27 by J2BLUE

If we lose both of those I can see him being sacked as it will have reached critical level.

I think if we lose Saturday and any of the other 5 below win, it will be sticky bum time.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2017 19:19]
Login to get fewer ads

Massive week ahead for Town on 19:58 - Mar 27 with 536 viewsbackwaywhen

i will be in New York so will get the result at Midday Sat and tea time Tuesday ...how strange will that feel !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024