Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump's new low.... 08:51 - Mar 27 with 2857 viewsKeaneish

This may pale into insignificance given the absurdity of everything that happened in the States in the last 6 months but this is a new low for me. Trump calling on people to tune into Fox News to watch the raving lunatic Republican TV show host, who is 'Judge' Jeanine Pirro to side with his policy on the American Health Care Act.

I mean, this utter trash TV show is like crack to stupid people. She shouts, she rants, she raves all in favour of Trump and why? Primarily because Trump endorsed her for the New York senator seat some time ago when she ran against, guess who? Hillary Clinton. Now she's returning the favour as Trump's looney mouthpiece with her hysterical, delusional patriotic stance on modern day American politics.

For a President to cite Murdoch's staunchly Republican trashy TV channel, to debunk the Republican Speaker of the House and to be so blasé about his affiliation with Pirro, it beggars belief that modern day politics has stooped this low. Rock bottom. Rant over.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Trump's new low.... on 10:59 - Mar 27 with 1008 viewsimsureazzure

Trump's new low.... on 09:58 - Mar 27 by BehindBlueEyes

Yeah, if you pay well over 100 euros a month for health insurance, pretty much what the Tories want I guess?

We pay that as NI in the UK supposedly, trouble is it gets sucked up tp pay pensions for state employees .
Trump's new low.... on 11:00 - Mar 27 with 1005 viewsLord_Lucan

Trump's new low.... on 10:47 - Mar 27 by blueislander

A fiver? I pay £48 to see mine.

Private or non UK? In UK you have a choice.

There are approx 8000 surgeries in UK, lets say they have an average of 6 GPs per surgery and each GP sees 40 patients a day.

From my calculation @ £5 a visit that works out at just under £10m per day
[Post edited 27 Mar 2017 11:27]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Trump's new low.... on 11:22 - Mar 27 with 967 viewsKeaneish

Trump's new low.... on 10:08 - Mar 27 by brazil1982

Will you be commenting on the media of Saudi Arabia?

No, I don't follow Saudi politics but i do have an interest in US politics given how closely we are aligned to them and how they are 'leaders of the free world' - what's your point?

There are 196 countries in the world. To give context to my post against all of these other countries political institutions would be more of a thesis than a forum post...

Trump's new low.... on 11:24 - Mar 27 with 966 viewsKeaneish

Trump's new low.... on 10:40 - Mar 27 by GlasgowBlue

Apparently it's a swerve to ask people to show some consistency when spouting their opinions on here.

Some consistency? What a load of drivel. Why does my post about the US needed to be weighted against British politics? Just because you have a vested interest in it, it has zero to do with my post.

Trump's new low.... on 11:53 - Mar 27 with 938 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Trump's new low.... on 09:18 - Mar 27 by GlasgowBlue

All fair points that are surely more worthy of a thread than another tedious one about Trump which will affect very few people who read this board.

Well don't get involved in the thread then !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Trump's new low.... on 12:20 - Mar 27 with 910 viewsNo9

Trump's new low.... on 10:39 - Mar 27 by Lord_Lucan

The future of The NHS is unsustainable what with new treatments and people living longer. Some whole hospital wards are quite literally death waiting rooms full of people that have no quality of life and don't want to live anyway. My Dad had a very aggressive terminal brain tumour and they operated on him by cutting away what they could and installed chemo wafers in his bonce and did all sorts. He was in hospital for ages before being released where he then received daily home visits. He lasted another 7 months and it was great for us as it gave us time to say goodbye but how much did this cost? I have no Idea actually but £100k perhaps? Maybe more maybe less I don't know but i stark reality is it worth the cost if we can't afford it?

At some point we need to address the fact that some form of direct taxation or insurance is required. Wasn't National Insurance supposed to be doing this?

On a smaller scale I fail to see why we shouldn't have to pay a fiver to see a GP

What you descibe they did for your dad is all part of how health care progresses. Each time they do things like that procedures are improved and the gneral health of the population can benefit.
What I object to are instances like the breat implants and cataract ops that were undertaken by 'Private Clinics' & went wrong leaving the NHS to put things right. In my view the private clinics should pay the bills incurred by the NHS but that is not what happens.
Trump's new low.... on 12:27 - Mar 27 with 902 viewsGlasgowBlue

Trump's new low.... on 11:24 - Mar 27 by Keaneish

Some consistency? What a load of drivel. Why does my post about the US needed to be weighted against British politics? Just because you have a vested interest in it, it has zero to do with my post.

Who mentioned British politics. You could have mentioned Iranian state TV. Or the "deplorable state of government owned media institutions" in any number of countries.

So my question to you is do you actually care about the "deplorable state of government owned media institutions" or is your particular problem with the US? And if so why?

Are you suggesting that we should hold the US to a higher standard than other countries? And if you do then why should we hold other countries to a lesser standard? Isn't that patronising towards other countries?

I'd be interested in your answers.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Trump's new low.... on 12:38 - Mar 27 with 886 viewsIllinoisblue

Trump's new low.... on 10:22 - Mar 27 by Guthrum

Not sure it's a new low, just typical of Trump's approach to public relations - appealing mainly to his core demographic.

A fair point; not necessarily a new low just a very visible, crass and disgusting low. For the US and the world.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Trump's new low.... on 12:40 - Mar 27 with 870 viewsLord_Lucan

Trump's new low.... on 12:20 - Mar 27 by No9

What you descibe they did for your dad is all part of how health care progresses. Each time they do things like that procedures are improved and the gneral health of the population can benefit.
What I object to are instances like the breat implants and cataract ops that were undertaken by 'Private Clinics' & went wrong leaving the NHS to put things right. In my view the private clinics should pay the bills incurred by the NHS but that is not what happens.

I appreciate your comment and believe me we as a family appreciated those extra final months but my point was that if we are going to continue down this route then The NHS in its current form in unsustainable.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

on 13:02 - Mar 27 with 845 views_

Trump's new low.... on 13:33 - Mar 27 with 822 viewsblueislander

Trump's new low.... on 11:00 - Mar 27 by Lord_Lucan

Private or non UK? In UK you have a choice.

There are approx 8000 surgeries in UK, lets say they have an average of 6 GPs per surgery and each GP sees 40 patients a day.

From my calculation @ £5 a visit that works out at just under £10m per day
[Post edited 27 Mar 2017 11:27]

Non UK . But the other side of the coin is I pay less tax than I would being a UK resident.
Trump's new low.... on 13:47 - Mar 27 with 804 viewsbrazil1982

Trump's new low.... on 11:22 - Mar 27 by Keaneish

No, I don't follow Saudi politics but i do have an interest in US politics given how closely we are aligned to them and how they are 'leaders of the free world' - what's your point?

There are 196 countries in the world. To give context to my post against all of these other countries political institutions would be more of a thesis than a forum post...

My "point" is you have called a (presumably) tweet by the POUS "rock bottom in modern politics". There are Presidents and governments in the world who act far worse than Trump, yet it's the fashion to call him out on any and everything. How many people has he killed?
Trump's new low.... on 14:04 - Mar 27 with 791 viewsGlasgowBlue

Trump's new low.... on 13:47 - Mar 27 by brazil1982

My "point" is you have called a (presumably) tweet by the POUS "rock bottom in modern politics". There are Presidents and governments in the world who act far worse than Trump, yet it's the fashion to call him out on any and everything. How many people has he killed?

The usual Keanish disappearing act. He went missing after being called out on his Quran post the other day.

Iron Lion Zion

Trump's new low.... on 14:15 - Mar 27 with 775 viewsKeaneish

Trump's new low.... on 12:27 - Mar 27 by GlasgowBlue

Who mentioned British politics. You could have mentioned Iranian state TV. Or the "deplorable state of government owned media institutions" in any number of countries.

So my question to you is do you actually care about the "deplorable state of government owned media institutions" or is your particular problem with the US? And if so why?

Are you suggesting that we should hold the US to a higher standard than other countries? And if you do then why should we hold other countries to a lesser standard? Isn't that patronising towards other countries?

I'd be interested in your answers.

Why are you trying to intellectualise and provoke wider debate from a post that doesn't need to draw any wider conclusions than the point inferred? Do you wish to flaunt, what i assume you believe to be a vastly superior intellectual mind on the matter? At least, that's what i ascertained from the slightly patronising tone.

What's alarming is that my point was very clear and succinct about Trump's relationship with Fox News and its 'news' readers. Its an unprecedented approach to deliberately channel the public to a news source like this, a news 'reporter' who he's been in league with for years, openly funding when needed. This isn't an institution, its a person within an institution with considerable exposure.

This has nothing to do with any other form of censorship in state run media countries as referenced in your post. It is clearly not symptomatic of the global media, that would be an absurd suggestion. It does however point rather candidly to the increasing use of paid media sources to directly communicate messages, all be it in a very puerile and demeaning fashion.

Different conclusions can be drawn from this. Its not a surprise but its very exposed and almost normalised (to paraphrase Adam Curtis). With this type of special relationship, its very easy to feel unease given the power between Trump and Murdoch and their wide reaching tentacles. Some could assume, if this is sustained, the leaders of the free world who pioneer democracy are headed toward a totalitarian government, which has far and wide reaching consequences beyond just the US.

So, maybe there are wider conclusions to be drawn from this. However, maybe lets save them for when it impacts on other countries so we have a more balanced view? (note to self, patronisation is unnecessary).

Trump's new low.... on 14:21 - Mar 27 with 767 viewsGlasgowBlue

Trump's new low.... on 14:15 - Mar 27 by Keaneish

Why are you trying to intellectualise and provoke wider debate from a post that doesn't need to draw any wider conclusions than the point inferred? Do you wish to flaunt, what i assume you believe to be a vastly superior intellectual mind on the matter? At least, that's what i ascertained from the slightly patronising tone.

What's alarming is that my point was very clear and succinct about Trump's relationship with Fox News and its 'news' readers. Its an unprecedented approach to deliberately channel the public to a news source like this, a news 'reporter' who he's been in league with for years, openly funding when needed. This isn't an institution, its a person within an institution with considerable exposure.

This has nothing to do with any other form of censorship in state run media countries as referenced in your post. It is clearly not symptomatic of the global media, that would be an absurd suggestion. It does however point rather candidly to the increasing use of paid media sources to directly communicate messages, all be it in a very puerile and demeaning fashion.

Different conclusions can be drawn from this. Its not a surprise but its very exposed and almost normalised (to paraphrase Adam Curtis). With this type of special relationship, its very easy to feel unease given the power between Trump and Murdoch and their wide reaching tentacles. Some could assume, if this is sustained, the leaders of the free world who pioneer democracy are headed toward a totalitarian government, which has far and wide reaching consequences beyond just the US.

So, maybe there are wider conclusions to be drawn from this. However, maybe lets save them for when it impacts on other countries so we have a more balanced view? (note to self, patronisation is unnecessary).

"Do you wish to flaunt, what i assume you believe to be a vastly superior intellectual mind on the matter?"

No. I asked you some very simple questions in a civil and polite manner. I make no assumptions regarding anybody's intellect on this thread.

Questions you seem either unwilling or unable to answer. That's your right. It's a free country.

Iron Lion Zion

Trump's new low.... on 15:08 - Mar 27 with 724 viewsfeelingblue

Trump's new low.... on 13:47 - Mar 27 by brazil1982

You are right, we should call out every evil lying sh1thouse President and government. Doesn't make calling out Trump wrong, and the fact that he is 'leader of the free world' should hold him to higher standards than any other tinpot crook running a country.
Trump's new low.... on 15:47 - Mar 27 with 692 viewsKeaneish

Trump's new low.... on 14:21 - Mar 27 by GlasgowBlue

"Do you wish to flaunt, what i assume you believe to be a vastly superior intellectual mind on the matter?"

No. I asked you some very simple questions in a civil and polite manner. I make no assumptions regarding anybody's intellect on this thread.

Questions you seem either unwilling or unable to answer. That's your right. It's a free country.

OK, to play along.

- So my question to you is do you actually care about the "deplorable state of government owned media institutions"?

Absolutely. I know you're a big advocate of the free press, as is anyone in their right mind but the situation is out of control. Government institutions and the media are too closely reliant on each other and its a recipe for growing warranted concern. The US elections and Brexit are testament to this.

- Is your particular problem with the US? And if so why?

In the context of the above question, no not specifically the US. However, given Trump's tirade some weeks back, its a very interesting point in time to start looking at the relationship between media and politics in the US.

Are you suggesting that we should hold the US to a higher standard than other countries?

- In terms of what? This needs a lot more context but in the main, certainly not although they do excel at a lot of things. Vague i know, but its too broad a question.

And if you do then why should we hold other countries to a lesser standard? Isn't that patronising towards other countries?

- See above.

Trump's new low.... on 15:52 - Mar 27 with 678 viewsGlasgowBlue

Trump's new low.... on 15:47 - Mar 27 by Keaneish

OK, to play along.

- So my question to you is do you actually care about the "deplorable state of government owned media institutions"?

Absolutely. I know you're a big advocate of the free press, as is anyone in their right mind but the situation is out of control. Government institutions and the media are too closely reliant on each other and its a recipe for growing warranted concern. The US elections and Brexit are testament to this.

- Is your particular problem with the US? And if so why?

In the context of the above question, no not specifically the US. However, given Trump's tirade some weeks back, its a very interesting point in time to start looking at the relationship between media and politics in the US.

Are you suggesting that we should hold the US to a higher standard than other countries?

- In terms of what? This needs a lot more context but in the main, certainly not although they do excel at a lot of things. Vague i know, but its too broad a question.

And if you do then why should we hold other countries to a lesser standard? Isn't that patronising towards other countries?

- See above.

All fair and honest answers. Thanks.

I would say, regarding a free press, that Trump is completely against the idea a free press. He would like the press to print or report only his side of the argument.

Iron Lion Zion

Trump's new low.... on 16:37 - Mar 27 with 646 viewsblueislander

Trump's new low.... on 15:52 - Mar 27 by GlasgowBlue

All fair and honest answers. Thanks.

I would say, regarding a free press, that Trump is completely against the idea a free press. He would like the press to print or report only his side of the argument.

He has rather proved that by having representatives of the media , including the BBC , from White House Press Briefings.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024