Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump's new low.... 08:51 - Mar 27 with 2858 viewsKeaneish

This may pale into insignificance given the absurdity of everything that happened in the States in the last 6 months but this is a new low for me. Trump calling on people to tune into Fox News to watch the raving lunatic Republican TV show host, who is 'Judge' Jeanine Pirro to side with his policy on the American Health Care Act.

I mean, this utter trash TV show is like crack to stupid people. She shouts, she rants, she raves all in favour of Trump and why? Primarily because Trump endorsed her for the New York senator seat some time ago when she ran against, guess who? Hillary Clinton. Now she's returning the favour as Trump's looney mouthpiece with her hysterical, delusional patriotic stance on modern day American politics.

For a President to cite Murdoch's staunchly Republican trashy TV channel, to debunk the Republican Speaker of the House and to be so blasé about his affiliation with Pirro, it beggars belief that modern day politics has stooped this low. Rock bottom. Rant over.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Trump's new low.... on 09:08 - Mar 27 with 1775 viewsGlasgowBlue

Do you live in America? Are you likely to be using the health system in the US in the near future?

If not then why are you concerned about health care in the USA? Are you equally concerned about healthcare in other countries? Do you intend to start a thread about healthcare in any other country?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Trump's new low.... on 09:16 - Mar 27 with 1741 viewsNo9

Trump's new low.... on 09:08 - Mar 27 by GlasgowBlue

Do you live in America? Are you likely to be using the health system in the US in the near future?

If not then why are you concerned about health care in the USA? Are you equally concerned about healthcare in other countries? Do you intend to start a thread about healthcare in any other country?

Yes halth care in the UK is in a pretty dire stater at the moment due to a government that refuses to fund it properly and to eliminate mismanagement and needless cronically expensive outsourcing.

Where I live the NHS, Childrens mental health and care for the elderly are all in a critical state with the hospital closing wards and the County Council in trouble over mismanagement of Children & the elderly

Disgusting really
Trump's new low.... on 09:18 - Mar 27 with 1728 viewsGlasgowBlue

Trump's new low.... on 09:16 - Mar 27 by No9

Yes halth care in the UK is in a pretty dire stater at the moment due to a government that refuses to fund it properly and to eliminate mismanagement and needless cronically expensive outsourcing.

Where I live the NHS, Childrens mental health and care for the elderly are all in a critical state with the hospital closing wards and the County Council in trouble over mismanagement of Children & the elderly

Disgusting really

All fair points that are surely more worthy of a thread than another tedious one about Trump which will affect very few people who read this board.

Iron Lion Zion

Trump's new low.... on 09:20 - Mar 27 with 1720 viewsNo9

Trump's new low.... on 09:18 - Mar 27 by GlasgowBlue

All fair points that are surely more worthy of a thread than another tedious one about Trump which will affect very few people who read this board.

I cannot commne ton Trumps Healcare bill because I know nothing about it as with 'Obamacare' but I have never understood a nation that does not want healthcare and is happy to risk it
Trump's new low.... on 09:29 - Mar 27 with 1685 viewsbluelagos

Trump's new low.... on 09:18 - Mar 27 by GlasgowBlue

You been hacked Glasers?

You sound like a red reading that!

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Trump's new low.... on 09:33 - Mar 27 with 1668 viewsGlasgowBlue

Trump's new low.... on 09:29 - Mar 27 by bluelagos

You been hacked Glasers?

You sound like a red reading that!

I sound like a red because I think the future of our health system in the U.K. needs a national debate?

It won't happen though. No political party is brave enough to think past the current system, which is the final remaining sacred cow, and look to how other countries like Holland provide much better health care than we do.

Iron Lion Zion

Trump's new low.... on 09:42 - Mar 27 with 1650 viewsKeaneish

Trump's new low.... on 09:08 - Mar 27 by GlasgowBlue

Er....what?

My point was about the deplorable state of government owned media institutions and their misuse, not about healthcare in foreign countries. In this instance it stoops to new lows where the leader of the free world openly uses institution mouthpieces to turn public opinion against one of the most senior figures in his own party.

Trump's new low.... on 09:51 - Mar 27 with 1627 viewsblueislander

Trump's new low.... on 09:42 - Mar 27 by Keaneish

Er....what?

My point was about the deplorable state of government owned media institutions and their misuse, not about healthcare in foreign countries. In this instance it stoops to new lows where the leader of the free world openly uses institution mouthpieces to turn public opinion against one of the most senior figures in his own party.

You failed to recognise the famous "Glasgow swerve" by which GB switches the topic of a post to suit his political agenda.
Login to get fewer ads

Trump's new low.... on 09:55 - Mar 27 with 1601 viewsKeaneish

Trump's new low.... on 09:51 - Mar 27 by blueislander

You failed to recognise the famous "Glasgow swerve" by which GB switches the topic of a post to suit his political agenda.

Ha! Noted. I have observed him hovering over this site ready to swoop on any sign of political commentary weakness.

Trump's new low.... on 09:58 - Mar 27 with 1591 viewsBehindBlueEyes

Trump's new low.... on 09:33 - Mar 27 by GlasgowBlue

I sound like a red because I think the future of our health system in the U.K. needs a national debate?

It won't happen though. No political party is brave enough to think past the current system, which is the final remaining sacred cow, and look to how other countries like Holland provide much better health care than we do.

Yeah, if you pay well over 100 euros a month for health insurance, pretty much what the Tories want I guess?

Blog: Kundai Benyu – The Golden Shot?

Trump's new low.... on 09:59 - Mar 27 with 1581 viewsblueislander

Trump's new low.... on 09:55 - Mar 27 by Keaneish

Ha! Noted. I have observed him hovering over this site ready to swoop on any sign of political commentary weakness.

Going back to your op, it is indeed difficult imagine Mother Teresa , ranting on encouraging people to watch Sky News.
Trump's new low.... on 10:08 - Mar 27 with 1545 viewsbrazil1982

Er....what?

Will you be commenting on the media of Saudi Arabia?
Trump's new low.... on 10:22 - Mar 27 with 1514 viewsGuthrum

Not sure it's a new low, just typical of Trump's approach to public relations - appealing mainly to his core demographic.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Trump's new low.... on 10:24 - Mar 27 with 1501 viewsNo9

One of the reasons productivity in the UK is so low is down to the government effectively rationing health care in the NHS at the point of delivery.
The way in which Healthcare is delivered in the UK is entirely dow to government, it is either incompetence or wilful destruction of the NHS. There are many variables that can be studied e.g in some places you pay for what you get then depending on your circumstances you get some or all refunded. In other places you get partial cover and have to insure the add on's. Here the real issue is that the Private Health is uneconomically supported by the NHS in a number of ways which should stop immediately.
Trump's new low.... on 10:25 - Mar 27 with 1493 viewscaught-in-limbo

Trump's new low.... on 10:08 - Mar 27 by brazil1982

I've got the UK and the BBC covered.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Trump's new low.... on 10:26 - Mar 27 with 1493 viewsHARRY10

Trump's new low.... on 09:20 - Mar 27 by No9

I cannot commne ton Trumps Healcare bill because I know nothing about it as with 'Obamacare' but I have never understood a nation that does not want healthcare and is happy to risk it

It is this weird notion that universal healthcare is akin to 'so shall issum'

And that you only get what you earn etc kind of dumbness that allows employers to fund a pretty dire patch them up and send them back service - organised on what one commentator refered to as 'a Pet Insurance Plan that nobody in their right mind would sign their pooch up to'.

It is perpetuated by the lies that are spread about healthcare elsewhere - much as North Korea tells it's populace that it is somekind of utopia. Anecdotal evidence is that most believe this.
Trump's new low.... on 10:31 - Mar 27 with 1479 viewsblueislander

Trump's new low.... on 10:25 - Mar 27 by caught-in-limbo

I've got the UK and the BBC covered.

And Radio Donosti I assume?
Trump's new low.... on 10:33 - Mar 27 with 1475 viewsGlasgowBlue

Er....what?

My apologies. I misunderstood.

Have you ever started a thread about the deplorable state of government owned media institutions and their misuse in other countries other than the USA? If not, why not?

Iron Lion Zion

Trump's new low.... on 10:36 - Mar 27 with 1468 viewsGlasgowBlue

Trump's new low.... on 09:51 - Mar 27 by blueislander

What have I swerved? I am on record as condemning Trump as an utter c*nt.

It was my understanding that this thread was about Trump's plans to change the healthcare system in the USA and that is the subject I addressed my question to the OP.

Iron Lion Zion

Trump's new low.... on 10:37 - Mar 27 with 1460 viewsGlasgowBlue

Trump's new low.... on 09:58 - Mar 27 by BehindBlueEyes

Yeah, if you pay well over 100 euros a month for health insurance, pretty much what the Tories want I guess?

How much does the average British subject pay in NI contributions and income tax that is supposedly spent on the NHS?

Iron Lion Zion

Trump's new low.... on 10:39 - Mar 27 with 1455 viewsLord_Lucan

The future of The NHS is unsustainable what with new treatments and people living longer. Some whole hospital wards are quite literally death waiting rooms full of people that have no quality of life and don't want to live anyway. My Dad had a very aggressive terminal brain tumour and they operated on him by cutting away what they could and installed chemo wafers in his bonce and did all sorts. He was in hospital for ages before being released where he then received daily home visits. He lasted another 7 months and it was great for us as it gave us time to say goodbye but how much did this cost? I have no Idea actually but £100k perhaps? Maybe more maybe less I don't know but i stark reality is it worth the cost if we can't afford it?

At some point we need to address the fact that some form of direct taxation or insurance is required. Wasn't National Insurance supposed to be doing this?

On a smaller scale I fail to see why we shouldn't have to pay a fiver to see a GP

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Trump's new low.... on 10:40 - Mar 27 with 1451 viewsblueislander

Trump's new low.... on 10:36 - Mar 27 by GlasgowBlue

What have I swerved? I am on record as condemning Trump as an utter c*nt.

It was my understanding that this thread was about Trump's plans to change the healthcare system in the USA and that is the subject I addressed my question to the OP.

Small sense of humour failure there Old Chap. I was being tongue in cheek. As you have recognised , you misunderstood the intention behind the OP.
Trump's new low.... on 10:40 - Mar 27 with 1448 viewsGlasgowBlue

Trump's new low.... on 10:08 - Mar 27 by brazil1982

Apparently it's a swerve to ask people to show some consistency when spouting their opinions on here.

Iron Lion Zion

Trump's new low.... on 10:43 - Mar 27 with 1441 viewscaught-in-limbo

Trump's new low.... on 10:31 - Mar 27 by blueislander

And Radio Donosti I assume?

I've got TeleDonosti covered. Well, I haven't actually. If I had, I'd be the only one watching it.

Actually, EiTB (radio) and ETB (TV) are pretty good. But I've got them covered (the Spanish programmes only).

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Trump's new low.... on 10:47 - Mar 27 with 1419 viewsblueislander

Trump's new low.... on 10:39 - Mar 27 by Lord_Lucan

The future of The NHS is unsustainable what with new treatments and people living longer. Some whole hospital wards are quite literally death waiting rooms full of people that have no quality of life and don't want to live anyway. My Dad had a very aggressive terminal brain tumour and they operated on him by cutting away what they could and installed chemo wafers in his bonce and did all sorts. He was in hospital for ages before being released where he then received daily home visits. He lasted another 7 months and it was great for us as it gave us time to say goodbye but how much did this cost? I have no Idea actually but £100k perhaps? Maybe more maybe less I don't know but i stark reality is it worth the cost if we can't afford it?

At some point we need to address the fact that some form of direct taxation or insurance is required. Wasn't National Insurance supposed to be doing this?

On a smaller scale I fail to see why we shouldn't have to pay a fiver to see a GP

A fiver? I pay £48 to see mine.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024