Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Video: #OneOfOurOwn | Ipswich Town Season Tickets 2017/18 09:00 - Mar 27 with 6497 viewsNewsTWTD

http://www.twtd.co.uk/video/174898/#oneofourown-|-ipswich-town-season-tickets-2017/18

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news and video posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Video: #OneOfOurOwn | Ipswich Town Season Tickets 2017/18 on 15:10 - Mar 27 with 2508 viewshoppy

Video: #OneOfOurOwn | Ipswich Town Season Tickets 2017/18 on 14:59 - Mar 27 by Reuser_is_God

Have you seen the West Ham one?

Very much along similar lines but one major difference, the fans featured had a bit of enthusiasm.

Haven't Sunderland done a similar one too - must be the current 'thing'?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Video: #OneOfOurOwn | Ipswich Town Season Tickets 2017/18 on 15:11 - Mar 27 with 2508 viewschristiand

Wow, is this promotional video for another club? I'm not sure I've experienced those emotions when attending games in recent seasons. I've added a few comments of my own to improve the video further:

More realistic.......

I can't wait to walk up Portman Walk and see the negative tactics that our manager has worked on with the squad in order to go for yet another home bore draw.

Watching the lads not being able to string two passes together and unable to keep the ball on the ground is just amazing and makes my weekend.

The excitement of queuing up for a beer at half time and to be told, when you arrive at the front, that they have run out!!

I love it on a Saturday at 4.50pm when I get searing neck-ache when the ball has been played continually up in the air for 90 minutes, makes me soo proud to be a blue.

Are these improvements?
[Post edited 27 Mar 2017 15:24]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Video: #OneOfOurOwn | Ipswich Town Season Tickets 2017/18 on 15:11 - Mar 27 with 2507 viewsReuser_is_God

Video: #OneOfOurOwn | Ipswich Town Season Tickets 2017/18 on 15:10 - Mar 27 by hoppy

Haven't Sunderland done a similar one too - must be the current 'thing'?

I quite like the story line in fairness.

However unenthusiastic fans & the apathy surrounding the club at the moment it isn't great. Why was the video not released when the prices where? Why do it 10 days later?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Video: #OneOfOurOwn | Ipswich Town Season Tickets 2017/18 on 15:18 - Mar 27 with 2502 viewsTractorWood

Video: #OneOfOurOwn | Ipswich Town Season Tickets 2017/18 on 14:59 - Mar 27 by Reuser_is_God

Very much along similar lines but one major difference, the fans featured had a bit of enthusiasm.

Someone already pointed this out but there are no highlights from this season and the players involved have about 3 starts between them this season. Just all a bit, huh?

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Video: #OneOfOurOwn | Ipswich Town Season Tickets 2017/18 on 15:19 - Mar 27 with 2498 viewsReuser_is_God

Video: #OneOfOurOwn | Ipswich Town Season Tickets 2017/18 on 15:18 - Mar 27 by TractorWood

Someone already pointed this out but there are no highlights from this season and the players involved have about 3 starts between them this season. Just all a bit, huh?

Yeah, they're all trying to play on the local stuff ain't they.

Evans out

Video: #OneOfOurOwn | Ipswich Town Season Tickets 2017/18 on 15:25 - Mar 27 with 2488 viewshoofer

Cheap and tacky definitely not inspired .
Video: #OneOfOurOwn | Ipswich Town Season Tickets 2017/18 on 15:52 - Mar 27 with 2456 viewsbahri

Dozzell says 'we beat West Brom 7-1' ..thought it was 7 - 0 !

redandella

Video: #OneOfOurOwn | Ipswich Town Season Tickets 2017/18 on 16:29 - Mar 27 with 2411 viewsKilburnBlue

Thought that too.

Login to get fewer ads

Video: #OneOfOurOwn | Ipswich Town Season Tickets 2017/18 on 17:03 - Mar 27 with 2393 viewsjaykay

if i was the 64 year at the start of the video,with green printed on the the back of his shirt. i would have the N exchanged with a D.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Video: #OneOfOurOwn | Ipswich Town Season Tickets 2017/18 on 18:28 - Mar 27 with 2361 viewsbluejacko

So, has the video made you want to go daaaann to the graaaaand next season?
[Post edited 27 Mar 2017 18:29]
Video: #OneOfOurOwn | Ipswich Town Season Tickets 2017/18 on 18:34 - Mar 27 with 2346 viewsbluejacko

Video: #OneOfOurOwn | Ipswich Town Season Tickets 2017/18 on 15:11 - Mar 27 by christiand

Wow, is this promotional video for another club? I'm not sure I've experienced those emotions when attending games in recent seasons. I've added a few comments of my own to improve the video further:

More realistic.......

I can't wait to walk up Portman Walk and see the negative tactics that our manager has worked on with the squad in order to go for yet another home bore draw.

Watching the lads not being able to string two passes together and unable to keep the ball on the ground is just amazing and makes my weekend.

The excitement of queuing up for a beer at half time and to be told, when you arrive at the front, that they have run out!!

I love it on a Saturday at 4.50pm when I get searing neck-ache when the ball has been played continually up in the air for 90 minutes, makes me soo proud to be a blue.

Are these improvements?
[Post edited 27 Mar 2017 15:24]

You have sold it to me Christian!!!

Really looking forward to next season now.
Video: #OneOfOurOwn | Ipswich Town Season Tickets 2017/18 on 20:03 - Mar 27 with 2287 viewsstonojnr

Video: #OneOfOurOwn | Ipswich Town Season Tickets 2017/18 on 13:57 - Mar 27 by Dolly2.0

I don't know why everyone's so up in arms. It's almost like you were waiting to complain whatever it was.

As someone who knows a bit about advertising, I think they've done a pretty good job considering how tough a job it is to sell Town ST tickets.

well when the one thing you take away from the video is...blimey it makes you feel old that Dozzell (of the Jason variety obv) is nearly 50...maybe theyve completely missed the mark.

cant blame the fans they roped into it, at least they used real fans, but wheres the passion, wheres the excitement coming across, this video is meant to sell as to why you would want a season ticket, not hear peoples life stories.

and why do all the exterior shots look all misty, did they forget to clean the camera lens properly ? and whats with the music they chose, its almost funereal in tone, it comes across like one of those christmas charity dog appeal videos,I half expected there to be a voice over "and little timmy cant goto the football anymore, so please send us donations so others like timmy dont miss out"
Video: #OneOfOurOwn | Ipswich Town Season Tickets 2017/18 on 20:19 - Mar 27 with 2280 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Video: #OneOfOurOwn | Ipswich Town Season Tickets 2017/18 on 13:09 - Mar 27 by TractorWood

Couldn't write it. The irony of having the two people most affected by the price hike is absolute gold. I feel sorry for the media guys, how do you even attempt to sell such an awful product.

'Do you want to pay well over the odds to watch a squad of journeymen, promising loanees we have no chance of signing?' Also, we have no idea who will be in charge and are pretty sure we'll continue to not invest suitably in the playing squad.

If you don't laugh you'll cry

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Video: #OneOfOurOwn | Ipswich Town Season Tickets 2017/18 on 21:44 - Mar 27 with 2229 viewsbournemouthblue

Video: #OneOfOurOwn | Ipswich Town Season Tickets 2017/18 on 12:45 - Mar 27 by ASAx

#SitOnYourOwn would have probably been more appropriate.

It defies belief that they've heavily featured a 60-65 year old and an Under 11 in view of putting both their renewal prices up massively. Do you think they mentioned before filming that they will always go regardless of cost or something and a little light bulb lit up inside Portman Road?

Even the video intended to inspire £5m worth of business feels like it's been done on the cheap for the bare minimum.

You can't make it up can you

Are the club deliberately trolling fans?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Video: #OneOfOurOwn | Ipswich Town Season Tickets 2017/18 on 22:09 - Mar 27 with 2216 viewsTractorWood

Video: #OneOfOurOwn | Ipswich Town Season Tickets 2017/18 on 20:19 - Mar 27 by The_Romford_Blue

If you don't laugh you'll cry

My mum turned 60 in December. The 60 rate was one of the reasons she has kept going this season, bearing in mind she followed us away in the 70's and 80's, it's a joke. The Chelsea fans in charge won't get it.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Video: #OneOfOurOwn | Ipswich Town Season Tickets 2017/18 on 22:26 - Mar 27 with 2193 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Video: #OneOfOurOwn | Ipswich Town Season Tickets 2017/18 on 22:09 - Mar 27 by TractorWood

My mum turned 60 in December. The 60 rate was one of the reasons she has kept going this season, bearing in mind she followed us away in the 70's and 80's, it's a joke. The Chelsea fans in charge won't get it.

It's astonishing that I'm one of the very few it benefits and yet even I've come out of this debacle completely and utterly f*cked off with the melts who control our club.

Video: #OneOfOurOwn | Ipswich Town Season Tickets 2017/18 on 22:38 - Mar 27 with 2167 viewsDolly2.0

Video: #OneOfOurOwn | Ipswich Town Season Tickets 2017/18 on 20:03 - Mar 27 by stonojnr

well when the one thing you take away from the video is...blimey it makes you feel old that Dozzell (of the Jason variety obv) is nearly 50...maybe theyve completely missed the mark.

cant blame the fans they roped into it, at least they used real fans, but wheres the passion, wheres the excitement coming across, this video is meant to sell as to why you would want a season ticket, not hear peoples life stories.

and why do all the exterior shots look all misty, did they forget to clean the camera lens properly ? and whats with the music they chose, its almost funereal in tone, it comes across like one of those christmas charity dog appeal videos,I half expected there to be a voice over "and little timmy cant goto the football anymore, so please send us donations so others like timmy dont miss out"

It's a soft sell, tugging on the heart strings. If you take it in isolation (i.e. away from the reality of the price rises) it's actually very well done. I don't see what's wrong with it and I'd be interested in the thoughts of everyone on this thread slagging it off as to what they'd do instead that would be better.

I write ads for a living. I have one on prime time TV now where I came up with the concept and wrote the script. Not saying this to show off but to say, with my experience in advertising I'm not sure how I'd have done 'ITFC season tickets 2017-18' any better than this offering from the club (though admittedly I've not given it much thought).

I quite liked the Dozzell bit... and that Tommy's family love his name being sung. Maybe there could've been a bit more dynamism... but seriously, getting people to come back when we've been in this division so long and are watching (mostly) dull football? That's a tough thing to sell. The stuff I work on at least has a selling point or two.

Seems like people want to moan at EVERYTHING the club does these days. But if they take a step back, this promo isn't as bad as is being made out. The problems are much deeper and no promo video has a hope of solving them.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Video: #OneOfOurOwn | Ipswich Town Season Tickets 2017/18 on 22:41 - Mar 27 with 2162 viewsReuser_is_God

Video: #OneOfOurOwn | Ipswich Town Season Tickets 2017/18 on 22:38 - Mar 27 by Dolly2.0

It's a soft sell, tugging on the heart strings. If you take it in isolation (i.e. away from the reality of the price rises) it's actually very well done. I don't see what's wrong with it and I'd be interested in the thoughts of everyone on this thread slagging it off as to what they'd do instead that would be better.

I write ads for a living. I have one on prime time TV now where I came up with the concept and wrote the script. Not saying this to show off but to say, with my experience in advertising I'm not sure how I'd have done 'ITFC season tickets 2017-18' any better than this offering from the club (though admittedly I've not given it much thought).

I quite liked the Dozzell bit... and that Tommy's family love his name being sung. Maybe there could've been a bit more dynamism... but seriously, getting people to come back when we've been in this division so long and are watching (mostly) dull football? That's a tough thing to sell. The stuff I work on at least has a selling point or two.

Seems like people want to moan at EVERYTHING the club does these days. But if they take a step back, this promo isn't as bad as is being made out. The problems are much deeper and no promo video has a hope of solving them.

You work in advertising?

Never knew that buh

Evans out

Video: #OneOfOurOwn | Ipswich Town Season Tickets 2017/18 on 22:44 - Mar 27 with 2158 viewsDolly2.0

Video: #OneOfOurOwn | Ipswich Town Season Tickets 2017/18 on 22:41 - Mar 27 by Reuser_is_God

You work in advertising?

Never knew that buh

I wrote such an impassioned piece there, and in true TWTD style you've done me up like a kipper with just a few words.

I dunno whether to say "why do I bother?" or "well done".

Video: #OneOfOurOwn | Ipswich Town Season Tickets 2017/18 on 22:57 - Mar 27 with 2139 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Video: #OneOfOurOwn | Ipswich Town Season Tickets 2017/18 on 22:44 - Mar 27 by Dolly2.0

I wrote such an impassioned piece there, and in true TWTD style you've done me up like a kipper with just a few words.

I dunno whether to say "why do I bother?" or "well done".

Twas well played if you ask me

Your long post was a good one I thought too

Video: #OneOfOurOwn | Ipswich Town Season Tickets 2017/18 on 23:12 - Mar 27 with 2116 viewsDolly2.0

Video: #OneOfOurOwn | Ipswich Town Season Tickets 2017/18 on 22:57 - Mar 27 by The_Romford_Blue

Twas well played if you ask me

Your long post was a good one I thought too

Everyone's a winner.

Or loser.

Video: #OneOfOurOwn | Ipswich Town Season Tickets 2017/18 on 00:44 - Mar 28 with 2082 viewsTheBlueBarca

Video: #OneOfOurOwn | Ipswich Town Season Tickets 2017/18 on 13:09 - Mar 27 by TractorWood

Couldn't write it. The irony of having the two people most affected by the price hike is absolute gold. I feel sorry for the media guys, how do you even attempt to sell such an awful product.

'Do you want to pay well over the odds to watch a squad of journeymen, promising loanees we have no chance of signing?' Also, we have no idea who will be in charge and are pretty sure we'll continue to not invest suitably in the playing squad.

The club has never, ever been so badly run.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Video: #OneOfOurOwn | Ipswich Town Season Tickets 2017/18 on 01:05 - Mar 28 with 2076 viewshoppy

Video: #OneOfOurOwn | Ipswich Town Season Tickets 2017/18 on 22:38 - Mar 27 by Dolly2.0

I would question who they are actually aiming at with this, and what they are hoping it will achieve, coming a week or so after the announcement of the prices - prices that see quite a large increase for at least two of the people featured in the video.

Did they do an ITFC Season Tickets 2016/17 promotional video - I don't remember seeing one. If not, what has made them decide to do one this year, and did they really think this would improve the chances of shifting more than simply sending out the renewal packs with a well-written call to action? (please use your imagination here, to credit them with the nous to be able to produce a well-written letter)

To borrow your last line with a slight amendment to it... The problems are much deeper and no promo video has a hope of solving them, so why do one in the first place?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Video: #OneOfOurOwn | Ipswich Town Season Tickets 2017/18 on 06:00 - Mar 28 with 2044 viewsbraveblue

Yet another shambles. Wish we had someone in charge, like an MD or something like that. Featuring a 64 year old and granddaughter. Exactly who were hit hardest by the ticket price rise. It just gets worse and worse.
Video: #OneOfOurOwn | Ipswich Town Season Tickets 2017/18 on 06:19 - Mar 28 with 2027 viewsBenters

Who on here is in that Vid ?

#sittingonyourown

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024