Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A question about the ITFC supporters' trust 09:56 - Mar 27 with 6240 viewsSomethingBlue

Firstly, this is not intending to criticise anyone — demands on people's time change over the years, for example, and there may be something fundamental I am missing beside that.

I note that the website of Ipswich Town First has not been updated for nearly two years. To me it seems that, at a time when the club faces considerable uncertainty in pretty much every area, the trust should be active or at least looking to revive. I'm not suggesting grand visions of taking the club over or suchlike — nice to dream but at this moment impossible — but more manageable targets such as engagement and holding the club to account in a persistent, coherent way. With most supporters of the same mind about ITFC's ownership and attitude at the moment, and the club in quite serious danger of continued slow decline, I think the trust should be taking the opportunity to focus on the first, third, fourth and fifth of the below points in particular:

https://ipswichtownfirst.wordpress.com/aims-and-objectives/

This thought partly arises because I spent some time at the weekend with members of the trust at another club that could broadly be described as having similar issues: slow drift away of fanbase, minimal investment, disengaged ownership. The dynamism and vision of these people — who know what a long road they're on — struck me: I wondered whether the same was happening around Town and, if not, why it shouldn't be.

Again, I might be missing something obvious. But is it not time there was something people had the opportunity to unite behind?

[Post edited 27 Mar 2017 13:30]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 13:26 - Mar 27 with 1188 viewsSomethingBlue

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 13:20 - Mar 27 by Steve_M

Well, similarly:

Good stuff. Time to hear from them — and if they don't want to take things the right way it's time to see who can (not a question I have the answer to, by the way).

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 13:29 - Mar 27 with 1179 viewsIpswichKnight

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 13:25 - Mar 27 by Steve_M

I'm not sure it's necessarily dodgy but certainly whatever good intentions there were three years ago haven't been followed through very well for assorted reasons.

I'll update if I get a response to my tweet.

im probably being a bit on the naughty side calling it dodgy! however i think you should at least get a response from them!

I suspect there are now a lot more people now who are willing to assist both time and financially if they got there act together as a focal point in challenging ME decisions.
A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 13:33 - Mar 27 with 1166 viewsPhilTWTD

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 13:22 - Mar 27 by IpswichKnight

That is starting to sound a bit dodgy to me if you've been giving money for nothing in return where is it going and what is it doing? Not since the administration have we needed a voice to represent the fans.

Perhaps Phil can shed some light on what has happened to the trust?

I've no insight, not been involved with the Trust for about 12 years, what I would say re standing orders/direct debits was that this came up some while ago and I believe it was established that it is down to the individuals to cancel them, not something the Trust can do itself.
A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 13:38 - Mar 27 with 1156 viewsitfcjoe

And as an extra Edit to previous post.

it is important that the Trust remains maintained even if dormant for as and when it is needed again. Subscriptions were dropped to the minimum they could be to facilitate this but anyone can cancel at any point.

If the Trust was shut down and needed for a new one to be created it would be a nightmare so best for it to run in background if it isn't doing anything in my personal view.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 13:46 - Mar 27 with 1118 viewsLord_Lucan

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 13:38 - Mar 27 by itfcjoe

it is important that the Trust remains maintained even if dormant for as and when it is needed again. Subscriptions were dropped to the minimum they could be to facilitate this but anyone can cancel at any point.

If the Trust was shut down and needed for a new one to be created it would be a nightmare so best for it to run in background if it isn't doing anything in my personal view.

That is reasonable Joe but has The Trust emailed its members to advise this?

I've just noticed that it is only £5 a year which is obviously nothing but also note that the last web post was 2015, I assume that members still receive some sort of correspondence - even if to say Happy Christmas or thanks for your subscription payment.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 13:46 - Mar 27 with 1118 viewsSteve_M

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 13:38 - Mar 27 by itfcjoe

I don't disagree with that but some kind of low-key regular update via Twitter or website is required and is clearly lacking at the moment.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 13:49 - Mar 27 with 1113 viewsitfcjoe

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 13:46 - Mar 27 by Lord_Lucan

That is reasonable Joe but has The Trust emailed its members to advise this?

I've just noticed that it is only £5 a year which is obviously nothing but also note that the last web post was 2015, I assume that members still receive some sort of correspondence - even if to say Happy Christmas or thanks for your subscription payment.

I don't think anything has come from the Trust, which is indefensible and something that I am as guilty of as anyone else on the committee.

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 13:50 - Mar 27 with 1104 viewsitfcjoe

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 13:46 - Mar 27 by Steve_M

I don't disagree with that but some kind of low-key regular update via Twitter or website is required and is clearly lacking at the moment.

As per previous reply to LL, something needs to happen with it but it feels that because it has drifted so far it is low priority for everyone involved - myself included - which isn't good enough.

Am hoping to do something with regards to this over coming weeks because it is important that there is some energy on the committee.

Login to get fewer ads

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 13:56 - Mar 27 with 1074 viewsLord_Lucan

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 13:49 - Mar 27 by itfcjoe

I don't think anything has come from the Trust, which is indefensible and something that I am as guilty of as anyone else on the committee.

Can I ask how many members The Trust has? I should point out that I am not asking this to find out how much funds The Trust are receiving annually but just so I can get an idea of the general apathy and to see if it is worth continuing.

As a friend I am not having a dig at you but seeing that there are nine board members I think that the lack of communication and or campaigning is extremely poor to say the least, especially as I can't remember any time in our history where The Trust has more to shout about.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 14:00 - Mar 27 with 1069 viewsitfcjoe

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 13:56 - Mar 27 by Lord_Lucan

Can I ask how many members The Trust has? I should point out that I am not asking this to find out how much funds The Trust are receiving annually but just so I can get an idea of the general apathy and to see if it is worth continuing.

As a friend I am not having a dig at you but seeing that there are nine board members I think that the lack of communication and or campaigning is extremely poor to say the least, especially as I can't remember any time in our history where The Trust has more to shout about.

I don't know to be honest re members - but know that there are funds there to kick things off again with the trust and think this needs to happen.

With regards to the Trsut having lots to shout about, does it really at the moment? The ST issue is key and needs addressing (and is being addressed just too slowly) but other than that the majority of the issues are on the pitch.

The club is too big to be owned by supporters, and with a majority owner it is difficult to put any real pressure on him when he is running the club ok - still putting in money etc

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 14:10 - Mar 27 with 1046 viewschicoazul

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 14:00 - Mar 27 by itfcjoe

I don't know to be honest re members - but know that there are funds there to kick things off again with the trust and think this needs to happen.

With regards to the Trsut having lots to shout about, does it really at the moment? The ST issue is key and needs addressing (and is being addressed just too slowly) but other than that the majority of the issues are on the pitch.

The club is too big to be owned by supporters, and with a majority owner it is difficult to put any real pressure on him when he is running the club ok - still putting in money etc

Mate, I have no dog in this fight and you always seem like a nice guy, but if youre taking money from people then you ought to be a doing a lot more about this major issue of ST prices than you are.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 14:14 - Mar 27 with 1036 viewsitfcjoe

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 14:10 - Mar 27 by chicoazul

Mate, I have no dog in this fight and you always seem like a nice guy, but if youre taking money from people then you ought to be a doing a lot more about this major issue of ST prices than you are.

I agree, and a statement is floating around being amended before being released. It should already be out there, no doubt, but we are where we are and I'm trying to get one out currently.

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 14:15 - Mar 27 with 1025 viewsFreddies_Ears

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 14:14 - Mar 27 by itfcjoe

I agree, and a statement is floating around being amended before being released. It should already be out there, no doubt, but we are where we are and I'm trying to get one out currently.

I think there needs to be an AGM too!
A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 14:16 - Mar 27 with 1026 viewsLord_Lucan

Well aside from the ST issue which the trust could have communicated with the club before they announced their terms - and subsequently jumped on, there is the general unprofessional communication between the club and the fans (customers), the badly stocked and poor service at food and drink kiosks and the state of the ground - many things of which aren't hard to fix.

We were discussing the other day on here about the poor condition of the statues and Witchdoctor was even toying with going down there with a bucket. This is the sort of simple thing that The Trust could take it upon themselves to do. "Dear paying Trust member, we need 10 volunteers on Sunday to clean SAR and SBR, members of the board will be on hand to help. After which we might all pop down to the pub where we can all discuss ideas of what else we can get involved in.

I realise that I haven't volunteered but to be fair I never put myself in that position.

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 14:17 - Mar 27 with 1012 viewsitfcjoe

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 14:15 - Mar 27 by Freddies_Ears

I think there needs to be an AGM too!

I agree with this too, hopefully something will come out soon to get some new blood on the committee and get things moving again.

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 14:18 - Mar 27 with 1006 viewsitfcjoe

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 14:16 - Mar 27 by Lord_Lucan

Well aside from the ST issue which the trust could have communicated with the club before they announced their terms - and subsequently jumped on, there is the general unprofessional communication between the club and the fans (customers), the badly stocked and poor service at food and drink kiosks and the state of the ground - many things of which aren't hard to fix.

We were discussing the other day on here about the poor condition of the statues and Witchdoctor was even toying with going down there with a bucket. This is the sort of simple thing that The Trust could take it upon themselves to do. "Dear paying Trust member, we need 10 volunteers on Sunday to clean SAR and SBR, members of the board will be on hand to help. After which we might all pop down to the pub where we can all discuss ideas of what else we can get involved in.

I realise that I haven't volunteered but to be fair I never put myself in that position.

Cheers for all that, will note it and pass it along to the committee.

I especially like the cleaning idea, some good publicity to help win fans back over.

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 14:23 - Mar 27 with 980 viewsBlueLikeJazz

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 14:18 - Mar 27 by itfcjoe

I especially like the cleaning idea, some good publicity to help win fans back over.

If the Trust were to go with that idea and put in the hard yards to make something of that sort happen, that'd be a bloody good start.
A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 14:23 - Mar 27 with 970 viewsLord_Lucan

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 14:18 - Mar 27 by itfcjoe

I might possibly toy with the idea of offering my services by way of new blood but I am not always the ideal person on a committee and my potential forthcoming ban might hinder things.

I would propose Jake_ITFC

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 15:10 - Mar 27 with 902 viewsBlueLikeJazz

"With regards to the Trust having lots to shout about, does it really at the moment?"
Sorry Joe, but if this is what the rest of the trust board thinks, it goes to show that they just simply do not get it, and need replacing with people who do.
A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 15:16 - Mar 27 with 891 viewsLord_Lucan

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 15:10 - Mar 27 by BlueLikeJazz

"With regards to the Trust having lots to shout about, does it really at the moment?"
Sorry Joe, but if this is what the rest of the trust board thinks, it goes to show that they just simply do not get it, and need replacing with people who do.

I know that Joe has the best interests at heart but I can appreciate that it can be difficult if others are doing b*gger all - and this is why the Trust needs an EGM to see who is in or out.

Gav; I still can't say b*gger.

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 15:17 - Mar 27 with 889 viewsIpswichKnight

This!

The catering along with the poor maintenance in and around the ground are something the club could and should do but with no one to pressure them into doing it they simply won't.

The idea of cleaning the statues is a brilliant idea and would be a perfect starting point for the trust to engage with the fans again, especially with the visit of Newcastle and the Sir Bob day coming up.
A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 15:23 - Mar 27 with 880 viewsPinewoodblue

Not sure there are many who want to be actively involved with the Trust. I haven't been to a home game this season but still pay dues to the Trust because, as Joe has said, there may be a day when the Trust has an important role to play.

It is however sad when people put themselves forward to play an active role but lose interest. Suspect there are legal obligations that members of the Trust board are failing on. Holding an AGM for starters and distributing accounts to members?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 15:29 - Mar 27 with 872 viewsSomethingBlue

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 15:23 - Mar 27 by Pinewoodblue

Not sure there are many who want to be actively involved with the Trust. I haven't been to a home game this season but still pay dues to the Trust because, as Joe has said, there may be a day when the Trust has an important role to play.

It is however sad when people put themselves forward to play an active role but lose interest. Suspect there are legal obligations that members of the Trust board are failing on. Holding an AGM for starters and distributing accounts to members?

This (not the club I was talking about in the first post, by the way), is a great example of how a Trust can project itself and of some of the initiatives it can run: http://www.oxvox.org.uk/

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 15:33 - Mar 27 with 857 viewsDanTheMan

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 13:50 - Mar 27 by itfcjoe

As per previous reply to LL, something needs to happen with it but it feels that because it has drifted so far it is low priority for everyone involved - myself included - which isn't good enough.

Am hoping to do something with regards to this over coming weeks because it is important that there is some energy on the committee.

If you need someone to help on the web stuff, send me a message.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 16:00 - Mar 27 with 811 viewsFreddy

Good opening post and agree that this is the time for the Trust to be active.

Would have thought that they are obliged to have an annual agm to produce accounts at the very least especially if they are still taking money from fans.

Also don't the existing committee have to be re-elected by it's members every year?

It's the Trust chairman's job to get this sorted??
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024