Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A question about the ITFC supporters' trust 09:56 - Mar 27 with 6238 viewsSomethingBlue

Firstly, this is not intending to criticise anyone — demands on people's time change over the years, for example, and there may be something fundamental I am missing beside that.

I note that the website of Ipswich Town First has not been updated for nearly two years. To me it seems that, at a time when the club faces considerable uncertainty in pretty much every area, the trust should be active or at least looking to revive. I'm not suggesting grand visions of taking the club over or suchlike — nice to dream but at this moment impossible — but more manageable targets such as engagement and holding the club to account in a persistent, coherent way. With most supporters of the same mind about ITFC's ownership and attitude at the moment, and the club in quite serious danger of continued slow decline, I think the trust should be taking the opportunity to focus on the first, third, fourth and fifth of the below points in particular:

https://ipswichtownfirst.wordpress.com/aims-and-objectives/

This thought partly arises because I spent some time at the weekend with members of the trust at another club that could broadly be described as having similar issues: slow drift away of fanbase, minimal investment, disengaged ownership. The dynamism and vision of these people — who know what a long road they're on — struck me: I wondered whether the same was happening around Town and, if not, why it shouldn't be.

Again, I might be missing something obvious. But is it not time there was something people had the opportunity to unite behind?

[Post edited 27 Mar 2017 13:30]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 16:09 - Mar 27 with 1412 viewsSomethingBlue

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 15:29 - Mar 27 by SomethingBlue

This (not the club I was talking about in the first post, by the way), is a great example of how a Trust can project itself and of some of the initiatives it can run: http://www.oxvox.org.uk/

Another Trust — I picked this one randomly just now, as a Champ club of comparable size — that goes about its business proactively and, it seems, constructively. Slightly different case as it has succeeded their supporters' club but I'm concerned here with the presentation and the projection too. Doesn't all have to be about a grand endgame: http://star-reading.org/index.php/
[Post edited 27 Mar 2017 16:11]

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 16:16 - Mar 27 with 1390 viewsitfcjoe

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 15:33 - Mar 27 by DanTheMan

If you need someone to help on the web stuff, send me a message.

Thanks Dan

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 22:34 - Mar 27 with 1316 viewsSomethingBlue

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 16:09 - Mar 27 by SomethingBlue

Another Trust — I picked this one randomly just now, as a Champ club of comparable size — that goes about its business proactively and, it seems, constructively. Slightly different case as it has succeeded their supporters' club but I'm concerned here with the presentation and the projection too. Doesn't all have to be about a grand endgame: http://star-reading.org/index.php/
[Post edited 27 Mar 2017 16:11]

Or even this from Norwich — not a club with major gripes lately beyond Neil out etc but it looks slick, proactive, regularly contributed to and there's stuff going on: http://canariestrust.org/

(Sorry, I'm just keen to keep this discussion going)

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 23:02 - Mar 27 with 1296 viewsFreddy

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 22:34 - Mar 27 by SomethingBlue

Or even this from Norwich — not a club with major gripes lately beyond Neil out etc but it looks slick, proactive, regularly contributed to and there's stuff going on: http://canariestrust.org/

Exeter Trust looks pretty well organised too

http://ecfcst.org.uk/
A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 10:01 - Mar 28 with 1225 viewsSomethingBlue

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 23:02 - Mar 27 by Freddy

Exeter Trust looks pretty well organised too

http://ecfcst.org.uk/

Yeah that's a good one on all fronts. First port of call for ours might genuinely be to revamp the website I reckon ...

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 10:21 - Mar 28 with 1207 viewsPinewoodblue

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 10:01 - Mar 28 by SomethingBlue

Yeah that's a good one on all fronts. First port of call for ours might genuinely be to revamp the website I reckon ...

They use Wordpress now which to me seems like a glorified blog rather then a proper website. They used to have a proper website.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 11:04 - Mar 28 with 1180 viewsLord_Lucan

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 22:34 - Mar 27 by SomethingBlue

The Norwich one looks very good. Have you thought of getting involved ? If you put your hands up so will I.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 11:20 - Mar 28 with 1159 viewssoupytwist

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 10:21 - Mar 28 by Pinewoodblue

They use Wordpress now which to me seems like a glorified blog rather then a proper website. They used to have a proper website.

I would imagine that some of examples of other trusts given use Wordpress (the Exeter one does), it's just that our trust uses a fairly basic implementation. Our resident scummer knows a bit about Wordpress I believe.

It would be pretty simple - register a domain with some web space included and get Wordpress installed on there.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2017 11:21]
Login to get fewer ads

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 12:03 - Mar 28 with 1131 viewsIpswichKnight

I liked the simplicity of the Oxford site. The way that the join today was in both a menu option and on the main page looked good. We do have enough tech experts out there that we can probably design our own site rather than piggyback a worldpress one.

Did Steve_M ever get a reply from his tweet?
A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 12:14 - Mar 28 with 1115 viewsSteve_M

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 12:03 - Mar 28 by IpswichKnight

I liked the simplicity of the Oxford site. The way that the join today was in both a menu option and on the main page looked good. We do have enough tech experts out there that we can probably design our own site rather than piggyback a worldpress one.

Did Steve_M ever get a reply from his tweet?

Nope.

Season ticket prices were released eleven days ago, the response Joe mentioned yesterday shouldn't still be circulating in draft if the Trust is to have a meaningful voice.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 12:27 - Mar 28 with 1102 viewsKievthegreat

Interesting reading what has become of the supporters' trust at Town. I'm actually off to a public meeting on Thursday for the formation of a Supporters' Trust at Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Club. Bear in mind that I believe this is a wordpress based website (but with it's own domain name), but already looks slicker than the Town one and it's not even formed yet and has no members.

http://www.pantherstrust.co.uk/

Having been part of the planning and organising (if only a little bit) of forming a Supporters' Trust, I can understand why Joe says it's better to have kept it in a zombie like state rather than dissolve, reform and go through it all again as although supporters direct will help you through it, it's around £1000 in order to get all done.

The thing that strikes me is that this is exactly the time when the Trust is needed and it should be the easiest point at which to recruit members and make a splash. I'd implore anyone who is not getting a season ticket next year because of the clubs current direction to join the trust, providing they get running again. The weight of a supporters trust is from the number of members. 1,000 members carry much more weight than 100.
A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 13:33 - Mar 28 with 1069 viewsSteve_M

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 12:14 - Mar 28 by Steve_M

Nope.

Season ticket prices were released eleven days ago, the response Joe mentioned yesterday shouldn't still be circulating in draft if the Trust is to have a meaningful voice.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 14:27 - Mar 28 with 1008 viewsBlueLikeJazz

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 12:27 - Mar 28 by Kievthegreat

Interesting reading what has become of the supporters' trust at Town. I'm actually off to a public meeting on Thursday for the formation of a Supporters' Trust at Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey Club. Bear in mind that I believe this is a wordpress based website (but with it's own domain name), but already looks slicker than the Town one and it's not even formed yet and has no members.

Having been part of the planning and organising (if only a little bit) of forming a Supporters' Trust, I can understand why Joe says it's better to have kept it in a zombie like state rather than dissolve, reform and go through it all again as although supporters direct will help you through it, it's around £1000 in order to get all done.

The thing that strikes me is that this is exactly the time when the Trust is needed and it should be the easiest point at which to recruit members and make a splash. I'd implore anyone who is not getting a season ticket next year because of the clubs current direction to join the trust, providing they get running again. The weight of a supporters trust is from the number of members. 1,000 members carry much more weight than 100.

"providing they get running again"
Big If. I'd love to get more involved. I wanted to first time round until those with their own agendas pushed people out for their own ends and squandered a lot of good will in the process. It needs to start again with people who actually *get it*.
A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 14:42 - Mar 28 with 980 viewsKievthegreat

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 14:27 - Mar 28 by BlueLikeJazz

"providing they get running again"
Big If. I'd love to get more involved. I wanted to first time round until those with their own agendas pushed people out for their own ends and squandered a lot of good will in the process. It needs to start again with people who actually *get it*.

It's a fine line to tread. You need to be positive and not just a protest group as you need to engage with the club. It's very interesting though because the one thing we've been trying to drill into people for the Panthers Trust is that this isn't a 'sack the board', 'sack the coach', 'make the owner sell up' etc... because you're not happy now.

It might be different at town and I admit I was too young to pay any notice to this when I lived in Ipswich, but the issue in Nottingham is that the club seems to be doing everything in it's power to avoid and ignore us. Did Ipswich Town 1st ever have a good links to people in the club?
A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 14:58 - Mar 28 with 964 viewsFreddy

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 14:14 - Mar 27 by itfcjoe

I agree, and a statement is floating around being amended before being released. It should already be out there, no doubt, but we are where we are and I'm trying to get one out currently.

So what's the chairman Alastair Ross been doing the past 2 years? Why hasn't there been an annual agm to re- elect committee members? Have the committee now arranged a meeting? How many paid up members are there? This is the time for fans to join.
A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 15:35 - Mar 28 with 916 viewsSomethingBlue

A question about the ITFC supporters' trust on 12:27 - Mar 28 by Kievthegreat

Couldn't get that link to work but agree with all your words and especially the last paragraph. This is the time to make it happen.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024