Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thunder 10:11 - Mar 27 with 1176 viewsBlueNomad

Did anyone go last night? How good were they? I was slow in buying tickets and missed out which left me gutted. Seen them a few times in the past, one of the most underrated bands of the past thirty years in my opinion.
Thunder on 10:20 - Mar 27 with 1155 viewsGuthrum

Haven't seen them for a fair while, but usually good fun live.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Thunder on 11:23 - Mar 27 with 1111 viewsthorpedo

I was there and can confirm that they were superb - the whole audience stood all night - the seats weren't used!. The lead singer's voice is fantastic live - so much power from such a small guy. With their sensible haircuts, Dad dancing and lack of tattoos/piercings, they are so uncool that they are cool!
Have made a decent career for themselves (I was amazed yesterday when I found out they've had 18 top 40 singles!) but they could and should have been bigger.

Thorpedo

Thunder on 12:22 - Mar 27 with 1070 viewsthebluewizzard

Great gig, good from start to finish, Danny Bowes is not only a great vocalist but a brilliant showman, his voice still great and gets the audience going. Also really enjoyed Cats in Space thought they were excellent choice as a support band.
Thunder on 13:34 - Mar 27 with 1022 viewsWarkalone

We went, were in 3rd row with a brilliant view of the stage. Danny's voice is still absolutely superb. I hadn't seen them since their 'last gig' in 2009 in a tent at Download or Sonisphere, forget which! The guy on the merch stall was lovely, and a laugh and let me try on several tees as I'm a little tubby for the ladies ones. The gig was great,if a little heavy on the new album but no worries. our daughter had got after gig meet and greet which were free, (they put on Facebook and drew out of a hatbut only 2 wristbands) (there were 3 of us, myself, hubby and our daughter who is 22). We went in the circle lounge but hubby had to hang around downstairs. When the Thunder guys came in, they came round and talked to us individually, let us take pics and signed stuff with them - extremely nice guys, really. We had a greattime and even better when the Regent Manager saw Mark sitting on the stairs and asked what he was doing, and then let him into the lounge with us. We are all really shy and nervous about talking to people, but the guys in Thunder were so friendly it was great!
Thunder on 13:50 - Mar 27 with 1004 viewsDeano69

I have only seen them once in that past, but annoyed I didn't get tickets for this. Even more annoyed seeing the reviews.....

Was toying with the idea of seeing Paul Rodgers, but at £80+ a ticket, it seem steep for the Regent....

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Thunder on 13:54 - Mar 27 with 1001 viewsThrobbe

Thunder on 13:34 - Mar 27 by Warkalone

We went, were in 3rd row with a brilliant view of the stage. Danny's voice is still absolutely superb. I hadn't seen them since their 'last gig' in 2009 in a tent at Download or Sonisphere, forget which! The guy on the merch stall was lovely, and a laugh and let me try on several tees as I'm a little tubby for the ladies ones. The gig was great,if a little heavy on the new album but no worries. our daughter had got after gig meet and greet which were free, (they put on Facebook and drew out of a hatbut only 2 wristbands) (there were 3 of us, myself, hubby and our daughter who is 22). We went in the circle lounge but hubby had to hang around downstairs. When the Thunder guys came in, they came round and talked to us individually, let us take pics and signed stuff with them - extremely nice guys, really. We had a greattime and even better when the Regent Manager saw Mark sitting on the stairs and asked what he was doing, and then let him into the lounge with us. We are all really shy and nervous about talking to people, but the guys in Thunder were so friendly it was great!

I can confirm that they are a nice bunch. I bumped into a friend in the Cambridge Arms many years ago, got a beer and sat down at her table to be asked if I wanted to see Thunder that evening at the Corn Exchange.

I made some comment to the effect that I'd rather nail my nads to the table then run away. There was an awkward silence until she pointed out that the rest of the people sat at the table we're either in the band or working for them. They thought it was hilarious, or were at least nice enough to pretend they did.

TWTD Cycling Herbert

Thunder on 14:00 - Mar 27 with 989 viewsWarkalone

Thunder on 13:50 - Mar 27 by Deano69

I have only seen them once in that past, but annoyed I didn't get tickets for this. Even more annoyed seeing the reviews.....

Was toying with the idea of seeing Paul Rodgers, but at £80+ a ticket, it seem steep for the Regent....

Going to see Paul Rodgers, the ticket was really expensive but love his voice and have seen him doing the Bad Company stuff but really love the Free stuff so bit the bullet. Hawk wind are at the Corn Exchange in May if you like that stuff, we are going to that having never seen them. Actually amazing to see any decent acts in Ipswich these days, we usually trek to Brum for big gigs or Norwich. Got Blackberry Smoke at the UEA on Wednesday, they are great live, not as 'country' as you think, they did a Zep cover when we saw them last year, well worth seeing.
Thunder on 14:10 - Mar 27 with 976 viewsDeano69

Thunder on 14:00 - Mar 27 by Warkalone

Going to see Paul Rodgers, the ticket was really expensive but love his voice and have seen him doing the Bad Company stuff but really love the Free stuff so bit the bullet. Hawk wind are at the Corn Exchange in May if you like that stuff, we are going to that having never seen them. Actually amazing to see any decent acts in Ipswich these days, we usually trek to Brum for big gigs or Norwich. Got Blackberry Smoke at the UEA on Wednesday, they are great live, not as 'country' as you think, they did a Zep cover when we saw them last year, well worth seeing.

Been listening to some old stuff of his with The Firm (Jimmy Page in that line up too). Blackberry Smoke and Temperance Movement both on my must see list, as are Airbourne. Thinking about it, for the cost of my season ticket i could get to loads more gig's....

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024