Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Protest Saturday? 13:24 - Mar 27 with 2036 viewskizaitfc

Is the main consensus that fans are just not going to go Saturday in way of protest, or is the actual protest plan building some steam?

Think the board were very lucky/clever to announce the ridiculous ST prices before the international break, would have been a poisonous atmosphere otherwise and still might be

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Protest Saturday? on 13:26 - Mar 27 with 2002 viewsSteve_M

Personally I think we should get the points first rather than get too distracted by protests at the moment.

I think the most effective protest will be if people do not renew by the early bird deadline (first iteration). That will gain more attention than anything else.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Protest Saturday? on 13:30 - Mar 27 with 1969 viewsPJH

Protest Saturday? on 13:26 - Mar 27 by Steve_M

Personally I think we should get the points first rather than get too distracted by protests at the moment.

I think the most effective protest will be if people do not renew by the early bird deadline (first iteration). That will gain more attention than anything else.

Getting enough points on the board should be the only concern for ITFC supporters at the moment although no doubt Birmingham would be delighted with any additional Rotherham game style support that they might get.
Protest Saturday? on 13:31 - Mar 27 with 1957 viewshoppy

Protest Saturday? on 13:30 - Mar 27 by PJH

Getting enough points on the board should be the only concern for ITFC supporters at the moment although no doubt Birmingham would be delighted with any additional Rotherham game style support that they might get.

You're just concerned about the planned demonstration singing and protesting outside the Cobbold stand, aren't you?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Protest Saturday? on 13:32 - Mar 27 with 1942 viewsJ2BLUE

Two massive games coming up. Would be stupid to protest before we're safe. At least while the game is going on. After the players leave the pitch anything goes.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Protest Saturday? on 13:34 - Mar 27 with 1906 viewsSteve_M

Protest Saturday? on 13:32 - Mar 27 by J2BLUE

Two massive games coming up. Would be stupid to protest before we're safe. At least while the game is going on. After the players leave the pitch anything goes.

Anything goes except for a train back to London...

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Protest Saturday? on 13:35 - Mar 27 with 1906 viewsPJH

Protest Saturday? on 13:31 - Mar 27 by hoppy

You're just concerned about the planned demonstration singing and protesting outside the Cobbold stand, aren't you?

I am concerned about people claiming to be Ipswich Town supporters making life as difficult as possible for the team that they claim to support.
Anything happening outside the ground is not so bad,it is when it is inside like against Rotherham that it makes it so much more difficult for our team to get a result that they need.
Protest Saturday? on 14:02 - Mar 27 with 1793 viewsScuzzer

Protest Saturday? on 13:35 - Mar 27 by PJH

I am concerned about people claiming to be Ipswich Town supporters making life as difficult as possible for the team that they claim to support.
Anything happening outside the ground is not so bad,it is when it is inside like against Rotherham that it makes it so much more difficult for our team to get a result that they need.

so...protest wherever before or after the game...just not when the players are on the pitch.
Also you can still 'claim' to be a supporter and take some action that would hopefully protect the future of the club that they love. It's painful to lance a boil but a little pain is something that is sometimes required to improve things in the future.

Established 1968

Protest Saturday? on 14:04 - Mar 27 with 1758 viewsartsbossbeard

Protest Saturday? on 14:02 - Mar 27 by Scuzzer

so...protest wherever before or after the game...just not when the players are on the pitch.
Also you can still 'claim' to be a supporter and take some action that would hopefully protect the future of the club that they love. It's painful to lance a boil but a little pain is something that is sometimes required to improve things in the future.

Why wold you want to effect the players during the match with the importance of the next two games?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Login to get fewer ads

Protest Saturday? on 14:20 - Mar 27 with 1703 viewsBlueLikeJazz

Protest Saturday? on 14:02 - Mar 27 by Scuzzer

I actually think the idea of a bit of guerilla stadium maintenance and cleaning, with banners along the lines of 'Fans that care - a club that doesn't' is a much better idea than the usual protest ideas...
Protest Saturday? on 14:40 - Mar 27 with 1628 viewsReuser_is_God

Protest Saturday? on 13:26 - Mar 27 by Steve_M

Exactly what I'll be doing.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Protest Saturday? on 14:59 - Mar 27 with 1570 viewsBasuco

I personally think we should all just support the team on Saturday, or am I just old fashioned?
Protest Saturday? on 15:09 - Mar 27 with 1528 viewspoppiesman

The team needs the fans full support these next 2 crucial home games. It would be stupid for anyone to protest during the games.
Two wins or even 4 points should hopefully see us safe.
Protest Saturday? on 15:13 - Mar 27 with 1507 viewsLord_Lucan

The thing about protests is that you need to do a big protest (by whatever means) or nothing at all. If you are not confident of everyone pulling together then there is little you can do as the club will just think "Is this all you've got"?

I suspect the protest will be a non organised one by way of a very poor season ticket renewal.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Protest Saturday? on 16:03 - Mar 27 with 1388 viewsbraveblue

Protest Saturday? on 13:30 - Mar 27 by PJH

I think the team line up and style of play was the big problem with the Rothetham game.
Protest Saturday? on 16:45 - Mar 27 with 1325 viewshoppy

Protest Saturday? on 16:03 - Mar 27 by braveblue

I think the team line up and style of play was the big problem with the Rothetham game.

You spelt '2016-17 Season' wrongly

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Protest Saturday? on 17:08 - Mar 27 with 1268 viewsScuzzer

Protest Saturday? on 14:20 - Mar 27 by BlueLikeJazz

I actually think the idea of a bit of guerilla stadium maintenance and cleaning, with banners along the lines of 'Fans that care - a club that doesn't' is a much better idea than the usual protest ideas...

Brilliant. Although I would be a bit worried about climbing up onto the top of the Sir Bob stand to clean the dreadfully stained stainless steel. Or going up and under the Sir Alf stand roof to remove the bushes that are growing out of there. Could we do a risk assessment before we do this?

Established 1968

Protest Saturday? on 17:14 - Mar 27 with 1248 viewsjeera

Protest Saturday? on 17:08 - Mar 27 by Scuzzer

Brilliant. Although I would be a bit worried about climbing up onto the top of the Sir Bob stand to clean the dreadfully stained stainless steel. Or going up and under the Sir Alf stand roof to remove the bushes that are growing out of there. Could we do a risk assessment before we do this?

Why is stainless steel called stainless when it marks so easily?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024