Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. 15:46 - Mar 27 with 4688 viewsDolly2.0

Hadn't really thought about some of these lyrics in such away...

http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/9-creepy-pop-lyrics-youd-never-get-away-with-

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 15:56 - Mar 27 with 2312 viewsGlasgowBlue

The Stones and Beatles songs listed have nothing to do with paedophilia.

They left out Bill Wyman's Je Suis Un Rock Star and the obvious one is Gary Glitter's What Your Mama Don't See (Your Mama Don't Know!)

Depeche Mode's Little 15 sails close to the wind I think.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2017 15:57]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 16:03 - Mar 27 with 2287 viewsDanTheMan

This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 15:56 - Mar 27 by GlasgowBlue

They left out Bill Wyman's Je Suis Un Rock Star and the obvious one is Gary Glitter's What Your Mama Don't See (Your Mama Don't Know!)

I would have thought the Stones song was about heroin.

I remember the first time I realised what "Golden Brown" was about heroin, and not just a girl.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 16:04 - Mar 27 with 2275 viewsfactual_blue

Uncle Ernie in Tommy by The Who is fairly explicit, and written by the self-confessed child abuse survivor Pete Townsend.

Dr Hook and the Medicine Show did a version of 'Only Sixteen' in which they changed one line to 'She was only sixteen, really fifteen.'

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 16:26 - Mar 27 with 2213 viewsLord_Lucan

This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 16:04 - Mar 27 by factual_blue

Uncle Ernie in Tommy by The Who is fairly explicit, and written by the self-confessed child abuse survivor Pete Townsend.

Dr Hook and the Medicine Show did a version of 'Only Sixteen' in which they changed one line to 'She was only sixteen, really fifteen.'

Yes but Uncle Ernie is abusing Tommy who has lost his senses, he isn't wanting or asking to be abused.

I always thought that Brown Sugar was really about heroin - but a bit muddled and fuddled.

You could aim this at Jagger though "Don't care that you're 15 years old, I don't want to see no ID"

Elvis, Chuck Berry, Bill Wyman......All have something in common

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 16:30 - Mar 27 with 2178 viewsfactual_blue

This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 16:26 - Mar 27 by Lord_Lucan

Yes but Uncle Ernie is abusing Tommy who has lost his senses, he isn't wanting or asking to be abused.

I always thought that Brown Sugar was really about heroin - but a bit muddled and fuddled.

You could aim this at Jagger though "Don't care that you're 15 years old, I don't want to see no ID"

Elvis, Chuck Berry, Bill Wyman......All have something in common

A mate of mine who was a semi-pro musician in the 1960s has told me that if the furore around DJs and their sexual exploits with the underage had instead been aimed at rock stars of the same vintage, the prisons would be full to overflowing.

This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 16:48 - Mar 27 with 2134 viewsLord_Lucan

This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 16:30 - Mar 27 by factual_blue

A mate of mine who was a semi-pro musician in the 1960s has told me that if the furore around DJs and their sexual exploits with the underage had instead been aimed at rock stars of the same vintage, the prisons would be full to overflowing.

I can quite believe that, it was only in the 80's that Bill Wyman was going out with 13 year old Many Smith - he must have been 50 then. I also heard that Bill Wymans son later went out with - or even married Mandy Smiths dad.

Elvis was engaged to Pricilla when she was 14. God knows what the Glam rock lot were up to and I don't want even think about Little Richard, Chuck Berry etc

Edit; how did your mate get on?
[Post edited 27 Mar 2017 16:50]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 16:51 - Mar 27 with 2098 viewsfactual_blue

This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 16:48 - Mar 27 by Lord_Lucan

I can quite believe that, it was only in the 80's that Bill Wyman was going out with 13 year old Many Smith - he must have been 50 then. I also heard that Bill Wymans son later went out with - or even married Mandy Smiths dad.

Elvis was engaged to Pricilla when she was 14. God knows what the Glam rock lot were up to and I don't want even think about Little Richard, Chuck Berry etc

Edit; how did your mate get on?
[Post edited 27 Mar 2017 16:50]

He doesn't say too much about it, certainly not in front of his wife! Although he does tell us - repeatedly - about the time Robert Plant bought him a drink.

This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 17:25 - Mar 27 with 1987 viewsDolly2.0

This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 15:56 - Mar 27 by GlasgowBlue

"Brown sugar, how come you taste so good? Brown sugar, just like A YOUNG GIRL should.”

According to the article, "Brown Sugar is a story about English men having sex with young slave girls".

Agree the Beatles one, whilst dodgy, isn't about paedophilia.

Login to get fewer ads

This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 17:34 - Mar 27 with 1953 viewsBenters

This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 17:25 - Mar 27 by Dolly2.0

"Brown sugar, how come you taste so good? Brown sugar, just like A YOUNG GIRL should.”

According to the article, "Brown Sugar is a story about English men having sex with young slave girls".

How young are we talking about ?

Dont forget Motorheads 'Jailbait' but then they are only songs who really gives one ?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 17:37 - Mar 27 with 1942 viewsLord_Lucan

This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 17:25 - Mar 27 by Dolly2.0

I think originally Jagger was trying to disguise the fact that it was about heroin and then later he said he didn't know what the hell he was on about.

If it were about nailing young black slave girls I doubt Keith Richards would agree to still play it.

This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 17:39 - Mar 27 with 1919 viewsfooters

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 17:43 - Mar 27 with 1899 viewsGlasgowBlue

Gold Coast slave ship bound for cotton fields
Sold in the market down in New Orleans
Scarred old slaver knows he's doin' all right
Hear him whip the women just around midnight
Brown Sugar, how come you taste so good
Brown Sugar, just like a young girl should

Absolutely about Slave masters raping slave girls but nothing about them being underage.

Of course a lot of these songs are stories. Phil Collins Thru These Walls is really creepy

I can see through my windows
I can see the girls and the boys
And I can imagine the noise
I can see them playing with toys
Oh, I hope it won't end
Ooh, if I promise not to touch, just be a friend

But again Phil Collins would write about characters like the preacher in Jesus he knows me or the immigrant in Illegal Alien, not his own experiences.

Iron Lion Zion

This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 17:46 - Mar 27 with 1880 viewsGlasgowBlue

This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 17:37 - Mar 27 by Lord_Lucan

I think originally Jagger was trying to disguise the fact that it was about heroin and then later he said he didn't know what the hell he was on about.

If it were about nailing young black slave girls I doubt Keith Richards would agree to still play it.

But Jagger isn't glorifying raping slave girls anymore than he actually thought he was Lucifer when singing Sympathy for the Devil.

Also remember that Merry Clayton was singing back up vocals on Stones songs during that period and of course Jagger was seeing Marsha Hunt whilst recording Brown Sugar so the references are historical rather than a belief.

Iron Lion Zion

This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 17:47 - Mar 27 with 1872 viewsDolly2.0

This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 17:37 - Mar 27 by Lord_Lucan

Well they could've been conveying a story rather than saying they were doing (or approving of) it!

This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 17:48 - Mar 27 with 1866 viewsGlasgowBlue

This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 17:47 - Mar 27 by Dolly2.0

Well they could've been conveying a story rather than saying they were doing (or approving of) it!

Exactly.

Iron Lion Zion

This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 17:51 - Mar 27 with 1845 viewsDolly2.0

This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 17:43 - Mar 27 by GlasgowBlue

Gold Coast slave ship bound for cotton fields
Sold in the market down in New Orleans
Scarred old slaver knows he's doin' all right
Hear him whip the women just around midnight
Brown Sugar, how come you taste so good
Brown Sugar, just like a young girl should

Absolutely about Slave masters raping slave girls but nothing about them being underage.

Of course a lot of these songs are stories. Phil Collins Thru These Walls is really creepy

I can see the girls and the boys
And I can imagine the noise
I can see them playing with toys
Oh, I hope it won't end
Ooh, if I promise not to touch, just be a friend

But again Phil Collins would write about characters like the preacher in Jesus he knows me or the immigrant in Illegal Alien, not his own experiences.

Yeah, as I just posted - the Stones are just telling a story. I guess "young girl" doesn't necessarily mean underage.

That Phil Collins one does indeed sound well dodgy!

If Gary Glitter had written these we might be looking at them in a whole new light.

This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 18:03 - Mar 27 with 1820 viewsGlasgowBlue

This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 17:51 - Mar 27 by Dolly2.0

Yeah, as I just posted - the Stones are just telling a story. I guess "young girl" doesn't necessarily mean underage.

That Phil Collins one does indeed sound well dodgy!

If Gary Glitter had written these we might be looking at them in a whole new light.

Glitter got away with writing and performing songs referencing paedophilia. Hiding ion plain sight so to speak.

Yeah the Collins lyric is dark, as is the music that goes with it. And the video

But very much in the Genesis tradition of telling stories about characters.

Artists will probably shy away from telling these stories now in case people think it's autobiographical.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2017 18:04]

Iron Lion Zion

This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 18:13 - Mar 27 with 1791 viewsHerbivore

Young Girl by Gary Puckett is a bit worrying.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 18:27 - Mar 27 with 1741 viewsLord_Lucan

This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 17:46 - Mar 27 by GlasgowBlue

But Jagger isn't glorifying raping slave girls anymore than he actually thought he was Lucifer when singing Sympathy for the Devil.

Also remember that Merry Clayton was singing back up vocals on Stones songs during that period and of course Jagger was seeing Marsha Hunt whilst recording Brown Sugar so the references are historical rather than a belief.

Admit to copy and pasting

According to the book Up And Down With The Rolling Stones by Tony Sanchez, all the slavery and whipping is a double meaning for the perils of being "mastered" by Brown Heroin, or Brown Sugar

This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 18:31 - Mar 27 with 1721 viewsGlasgowBlue

This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 18:27 - Mar 27 by Lord_Lucan

Admit to copy and pasting

According to the book Up And Down With The Rolling Stones by Tony Sanchez, all the slavery and whipping is a double meaning for the perils of being "mastered" by Brown Heroin, or Brown Sugar

Either way it's a cracking tune. It was a golden period for the Stones from Beggars Banquet to Exile on Main Street.

Iron Lion Zion

This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 18:39 - Mar 27 with 1688 viewsblueislander

This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 18:13 - Mar 27 by Herbivore

Young Girl by Gary Puckett is a bit worrying.

That is actually very explicit.
This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 18:39 - Mar 27 with 1689 viewsLord_Lucan

This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 18:31 - Mar 27 by GlasgowBlue

Either way it's a cracking tune. It was a golden period for the Stones from Beggars Banquet to Exile on Main Street.

Of course - but for me it's one of those songs that you start to dismiss a bit because you have heard it so many times - if you know what I mean.

This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 18:46 - Mar 27 with 1666 viewshochiblue

This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 18:39 - Mar 27 by blueislander

That is actually very explicit.

Younger Girl - Loving Spoonful
Good Morning Little School Girl - Yardbirds
This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 18:49 - Mar 27 with 1658 viewssparks

This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 18:39 - Mar 27 by Lord_Lucan

Of course - but for me it's one of those songs that you start to dismiss a bit because you have heard it so many times - if you know what I mean.

People seem to forget that Bill Wyman was with his subsequent wife, Mandy Smith, when she was 13.

A better example of the different attitudes then is hard to find. It was all over the front pages, but I don't recall him doing time or being hounded by baying mobs.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 18:51 - Mar 27 with 1648 viewsblueislander

This is a bit of an eye-opener. Paedophilia in pop. on 18:46 - Mar 27 by hochiblue

Younger Girl - Loving Spoonful
Good Morning Little School Girl - Yardbirds

"''Cos I'm afraid we'll go too far" you can't get much more explicit than that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024