Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"My goal is to build a more united UK" 17:16 - Mar 27 with 8793 viewsDarth_Koont

Baby steps, Theresa. Baby steps.

Let's first see if you can organise a p!ssup in a brewery.

Pronouns: He/Him

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 23:00 - Mar 27 with 1167 viewsDarth_Koont

(No subject) on 22:57 - Mar 27 by BanksterDebtSlave

You don't disagree with my point then....maybe if we have to face the environmental consequences of our lifestyles we will be inclined to make some meaningful change at a political level we can directly influence .

Edit...there is also a difference between arguing about the politics of free movement and being anti immigrant !
[Post edited 27 Mar 2017 22:59]

Absolutely! But that's one of the great strengths of the EU for me. A major economy that actually gives some real traction for greener politics and regulations.

(No subject) on 23:02 - Mar 27 with 1151 viewsClapham_Junction

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 22:51 - Mar 27 by pistonbroke

I did not leap on it , I said as soon as someone else mentioned it that I did not mention immigration before as I did not want to be accused of being racist , which is what you remainders always fall back on , as for the fate off poor people , that's exactly why I voted leave , less unemployment , less hospital. Waiting lists if you can't afford to go private , smaller classrooms for better education,more social housing for the poor , you know things we had prior eu

I don't understand how leaving the EU will solve those problems.

We certainly aren't going to get more social housing, because current government policy is to sell even more of it off by including non-council social housing (like Peabody) - and even better, the discount that non-council tenants will get will be funded by forcing councils to sell off some of their own stock!

It also doesn't seem like we're going to get smaller classes given the lack of funding for schools, nor shorter waiting lists given the refusal to increase the health budget to a level that will pay for them.

I'm also not sure whether there will be less unemployment. On a simplistic level, it might appear that if EU nationals have to return home, their jobs can be taken by Brits, but if they go, our domestic economy will shrink due to lower demand for goods and services, which in turn means fewer jobs providing them, so those vacant jobs may no longer exist to be filled.
"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 23:11 - Mar 27 with 1116 viewsamdam81

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 21:09 - Mar 27 by pistonbroke

You mean I'm dealing in facts , your dealing in guesses , I don't normally reply on these brexit for and against threads , but you are continually calling brexiters ignorant and stupid because you have different views , you lost , get over it , nothing is proven yet wether it will be worse or better , but to keep going on about it like you do , well you'll make yourself Ill , my points are and why I voted to leave are
Did we suceefully trade with Europe prior to any eec or Eu involvement
Were classroom sizes smaller
Were there less unemployed
Were hospital waiting lists smaller
Was there more manufacturing in the country
Were doctors waiting lists smaller
Were there more social housing opportunities for people who could not get a mortgage
There is just a few questions , a simple yes or no would be sufficient to answer them as these are facts not guesses

And England won the World Cup before we joined the EU-Ffs

Amdam81

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 23:11 - Mar 27 with 1119 viewsvapour_trail

Boys and girls we are leaving. Stop this nonsense. Time to agree the 52 beat the 48 and move on.

The issue is we have a PM who said a year ago we should remain, who is now pursuing the hardest leave possible, to prolong her own personal leadership. She does this whilst saying she will unite the uk. 48 who voted to stay, and a decent amount to of the 52 who didn't envisage exit on these terms. She is a fraud.

The op is absolutely spot on.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 23:20 - Mar 27 with 1103 viewsDarth_Koont

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 23:11 - Mar 27 by amdam81

And England won the World Cup before we joined the EU-Ffs

Scotland hasn't qualified for a major championship since the monetary union ... Jacques Santer, you tosspot!

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 07:30 - Mar 28 with 1003 viewsTractorWood

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 23:11 - Mar 27 by vapour_trail

Boys and girls we are leaving. Stop this nonsense. Time to agree the 52 beat the 48 and move on.

The issue is we have a PM who said a year ago we should remain, who is now pursuing the hardest leave possible, to prolong her own personal leadership. She does this whilst saying she will unite the uk. 48 who voted to stay, and a decent amount to of the 52 who didn't envisage exit on these terms. She is a fraud.

What about the £18.2 billion a year we will have spare to put in the NHS? Nurses will be feeding patients gold malteasers from a Burberry hand bag like the good old days.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 08:46 - Mar 28 with 989 viewsCoastalblue

That's the inherent problem with Democracy isn't it?

Asking people to vote on matters they largely don't understand, and then expecting people who actually don't care very much and are largely looking out for themselves to put those wishes into action.

Dunno what else we do though?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

(No subject) on 09:08 - Mar 28 with 973 viewsSwansea_Blue

(No subject) on 23:02 - Mar 27 by Clapham_Junction

I don't understand how leaving the EU will solve those problems.

We certainly aren't going to get more social housing, because current government policy is to sell even more of it off by including non-council social housing (like Peabody) - and even better, the discount that non-council tenants will get will be funded by forcing councils to sell off some of their own stock!

It also doesn't seem like we're going to get smaller classes given the lack of funding for schools, nor shorter waiting lists given the refusal to increase the health budget to a level that will pay for them.

I'm also not sure whether there will be less unemployment. On a simplistic level, it might appear that if EU nationals have to return home, their jobs can be taken by Brits, but if they go, our domestic economy will shrink due to lower demand for goods and services, which in turn means fewer jobs providing them, so those vacant jobs may no longer exist to be filled.

You're missing the bit where it's going to be great and bigly.

Indeed. Housing, school sizes the NHS policies are dictated by us. There is some pressure on due to immigration, but that's far from a unique issue with the EU, and will continue when we leave as the Government have reluctantly acknowledged we need immigrants. And there are plenty of other factors that come into play. But maybe we'll have a referendum next on whether to cull older people - that would ease the pressure the NHS!

People need to look a bit closer to home than the EU to understand out why school sizes are growing, waiting lists are growing, social inequality is growing.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 09:10 - Mar 28 with 972 viewsGlasgowBlue

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 23:11 - Mar 27 by vapour_trail

It's as if facts don't matter you.

http://www.cityam.com/257379/no-bregrets-mays-brexit-plan-gets-thumbs-up-majorit

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 09:29 - Mar 28 with 958 viewsSwansea_Blue

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 09:10 - Mar 28 by GlasgowBlue

http://www.cityam.com/257379/no-bregrets-mays-brexit-plan-gets-thumbs-up-majorit

They're not facts. It's an extrapolation based on a small sample. May be representative, may not, but as an approach it's one that has been shown to be of dubious reliability in recent years.

It's suggestive that there is still a split.

Which coming back to the OP, on top of May's dealing with the Sctolandics, suggests that she's got hell of a long way to go to unite the UK.

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 09:35 - Mar 28 with 952 viewsvapour_trail

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 09:10 - Mar 28 by GlasgowBlue

For a man who doesn't trust polls that's quite a conversion to call out an emotional reaction to one speech as facts.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 09:36 - Mar 28 with 947 viewschicoazul

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 18:18 - Mar 27 by SomethingBlue

You don't have a clue what you want.

Typical snivelling metropolitan elitist look down your nose drivel. This is what the ruling classes get for ignoring half the country for the last 50 years. Theresa May is an resehole and an idiot but I am loving how she and David Davis are rubbing you Blairites noses in it.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 09:41 - Mar 28 with 931 viewsAaron_Spelling

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 09:36 - Mar 28 by chicoazul

Typical snivelling metropolitan elitist look down your nose drivel. This is what the ruling classes get for ignoring half the country for the last 50 years. Theresa May is an resehole and an idiot but I am loving how she and David Davis are rubbing you Blairites noses in it.

You're an odd and bitter man, chico.
"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 09:42 - Mar 28 with 928 viewschicoazul

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 09:41 - Mar 28 by Aaron_Spelling

You're an odd and bitter man, chico.

I'm odd but I dont think im bitter. I find this whole thing hilarious.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 09:50 - Mar 28 with 909 viewsThePitBoss

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 09:42 - Mar 28 by chicoazul

I'm odd but I dont think im bitter. I find this whole thing hilarious.

My face will literally ache tommorow. Like it has since last June.

24 HOURS.
"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 09:52 - Mar 28 with 900 viewsNo9

She's a hard right tory. The last thing she wants is a united UK more like: - Divide & Rule = we are doing OK
(No subject) on 09:53 - Mar 28 with 898 viewsSwansea_Blue

Do you genuinely think SomethingBlue is part of the ruling class? I don't know who he/she is, but suspect you're a bit wide of the mark there. A more obvious target might be those who are actually ruling you, like those you've just given more power to. Those who aren't interested in the likes of you or me, but are focussed on satiating their ambition at the cost of personal alliances and friendships, risking the destabilisation of the government in the process; those who will openly lie and defraud for personal gain; those who reward their friends for failure with the highest UK honours; those who know their nest is feathered because they abuse their influence when in power to make deals that will see them set for life; those who can move on from the murky world of politics courtesy of these friends they cultivated, to high-paid jobs in the city, as advisors, on well-paid speaking circuits, who can publish their memoirs. Those sorts of people.

I'm not bitter or jealous about these people. I recognise who they are and the games they play and would not want to operate in those circles, irrespective of the wealth and influence they accumulate. But if you feel differently, I'd hazard a guess they're more deserving of your anger than SomethingBlue, who's apparently guilty of posting something you don't agree with on a forum.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2017 9:54]

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 09:54 - Mar 28 with 894 viewschicoazul

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 09:50 - Mar 28 by ThePitBoss

My face will literally ache tommorow. Like it has since last June.

24 HOURS.

I would keep the hubris under wraps as I rather fear our friends in Berlin Brussels Washington and Beijing are going to punish us for this transgression. That's why I voted Remain. But it's done now and all the neoliberal dry lunches are crying into their soy lattes so you take the laughs where you find them.

(No subject) on 09:59 - Mar 28 with 883 viewschicoazul

(No subject) on 09:53 - Mar 28 by Swansea_Blue

Do you genuinely think SomethingBlue is part of the ruling class? I don't know who he/she is, but suspect you're a bit wide of the mark there. A more obvious target might be those who are actually ruling you, like those you've just given more power to. Those who aren't interested in the likes of you or me, but are focussed on satiating their ambition at the cost of personal alliances and friendships, risking the destabilisation of the government in the process; those who will openly lie and defraud for personal gain; those who reward their friends for failure with the highest UK honours; those who know their nest is feathered because they abuse their influence when in power to make deals that will see them set for life; those who can move on from the murky world of politics courtesy of these friends they cultivated, to high-paid jobs in the city, as advisors, on well-paid speaking circuits, who can publish their memoirs. Those sorts of people.

I'm not bitter or jealous about these people. I recognise who they are and the games they play and would not want to operate in those circles, irrespective of the wealth and influence they accumulate. But if you feel differently, I'd hazard a guess they're more deserving of your anger than SomethingBlue, who's apparently guilty of posting something you don't agree with on a forum.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2017 9:54]

what do you mean " you've just given more power to"? I voted Remain. In the last 2 Gen Elecs I didnt vote as there was no party that represented what I think is for the best.

Something is a nice guy and an excellent football analyst but his remark was crass stupid and rude and atypical of the kind of thing Factual dryas Cotty Vapor and DarthKoont come up with all the time - "people who voted Leave did it because they are stupid and were deceived".

(No subject) on 10:05 - Mar 28 with 871 viewsSwansea_Blue

(No subject) on 09:59 - Mar 28 by chicoazul

what do you mean " you've just given more power to"? I voted Remain. In the last 2 Gen Elecs I didnt vote as there was no party that represented what I think is for the best.

Something is a nice guy and an excellent football analyst but his remark was crass stupid and rude and atypical of the kind of thing Factual dryas Cotty Vapor and DarthKoont come up with all the time - "people who voted Leave did it because they are stupid and were deceived".

Ah, sorry it came across very differently. Point still stands though - seems all sorts of people are being made scapegoats these days except the numpties who abuse power (all parties) who got us in the mess in the first place. Be it taking us to an illegal war, slashing budgets to drive up waiting lists, making blatant lies in political campaigns, fraudulently using funds for their campaigning, etc. All part of a massive power grab.

I find it as frustrating as hell.

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 10:06 - Mar 28 with 867 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Yeh......May and Farage and millionaire chums sticking it to the 'metropolitan elites' !!...you don't really think they've got the backs of we plebs covered do you ?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

(No subject) on 10:08 - Mar 28 with 863 viewschicoazul

(No subject) on 10:05 - Mar 28 by Swansea_Blue

Ah, sorry it came across very differently. Point still stands though - seems all sorts of people are being made scapegoats these days except the numpties who abuse power (all parties) who got us in the mess in the first place. Be it taking us to an illegal war, slashing budgets to drive up waiting lists, making blatant lies in political campaigns, fraudulently using funds for their campaigning, etc. All part of a massive power grab.

I find it as frustrating as hell.

I think you will find in large part that the reasons people voted Leave are precisely those reasons you allude to. Leave was seen by a lot of people who felt forgotten or left behind or marginalised as a chance to take some power back and remind our governing classes who they (should) work for.

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 10:08 - Mar 28 with 860 viewschicoazul

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 10:06 - Mar 28 by BanksterDebtSlave

Yeh......May and Farage and millionaire chums sticking it to the 'metropolitan elites' !!...you don't really think they've got the backs of we plebs covered do you ?

What does this even mean.

"My goal is to build a more united UK" on 10:13 - Mar 28 with 837 viewsNo9

No matter what David davis says nor how mny times he says it never convinces me that A/ - he ever understood what the EU was about & B/ Everytime he lies his lips move.
(No subject) on 10:14 - Mar 28 with 829 viewsBlueLikeJazz

(No subject) on 10:08 - Mar 28 by chicoazul

I think you will find in large part that the reasons people voted Leave are precisely those reasons you allude to. Leave was seen by a lot of people who felt forgotten or left behind or marginalised as a chance to take some power back and remind our governing classes who they (should) work for.

It may well have been *seen* like that, but it won't do anything to alleviate the issues, so on that score it's pretty pointless.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2017 10:19]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024