Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The joys of housing deregulation - Burnley or Barnet? 23:57 - Mar 27 with 1737 viewsElderGrizzly

16sqm of space for around £180k. Sadly people will buy them...

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/mar/27/dog-kennel-flats-barnet-house-sm
The joys of housing deregulation - Burnley or Barnet? on 01:36 - Mar 28 with 1679 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

You could buy one of those and let it to a couple of polish guys for £1500 a month easily
The joys of housing deregulation - Burnley or Barnet? on 08:10 - Mar 28 with 1594 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Barnet is a terrible place too.

Poll: Best Football Song

The joys of housing deregulation - Burnley or Barnet? on 09:36 - Mar 28 with 1542 viewsSwansea_Blue

P1ss poor. All about making making maximum profit at the expense of the people who will live there. Sure, it's a choice to buy, but if there is no alternative they'll get filled.

Fine if part of a temporary holding strategy whilst other properties are being built, but I suspect it's not.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The joys of housing deregulation - Burnley or Barnet? on 12:43 - Mar 28 with 1481 viewsSarge

The joys of housing deregulation - Burnley or Barnet? on 01:36 - Mar 28 by FrowsyArmLarry

You could buy one of those and let it to a couple of polish guys for £1500 a month easily

Which is probably what this oxygen thief will do

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4355534/UK-s-biggest-buy-let-landlord-ba
The joys of housing deregulation - Burnley or Barnet? on 12:45 - Mar 28 with 1469 viewsReuser_is_God

Crazy.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

The joys of housing deregulation - Burnley or Barnet? on 12:45 - Mar 28 with 1468 viewsLord_Lucan

Barnet council are systematically ethnic cleansing the locals in their council flats, shipping them out to the home counties and refurbishing the council flats and selling them at a massive premium.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

The joys of housing deregulation - Burnley or Barnet? on 12:48 - Mar 28 with 1453 viewsSwansea_Blue

The joys of housing deregulation - Burnley or Barnet? on 12:43 - Mar 28 by Sarge

Which is probably what this oxygen thief will do

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4355534/UK-s-biggest-buy-let-landlord-ba

Thought that was going to be Trump for a minute! Very similar modus operandi.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The joys of housing deregulation - Burnley or Barnet? on 12:50 - Mar 28 with 1445 viewsRoyKeanesDog

The joys of housing deregulation - Burnley or Barnet? on 12:45 - Mar 28 by Lord_Lucan

Barnet council are systematically ethnic cleansing the locals in their council flats, shipping them out to the home counties and refurbishing the council flats and selling them at a massive premium.

It's the white trash that is the problem in that awful excuse of a community.

Login to get fewer ads

The joys of housing deregulation - Burnley or Barnet? on 13:54 - Mar 28 with 1382 viewsVic

The joys of housing deregulation - Burnley or Barnet? on 08:10 - Mar 28 by RoyKeanesDog

Barnet is a terrible place too.

Well, that depends on which part of Barnet you're talking about of course! It's the biggest borough in London and has very, very nice areas. It also has some pretty terrible ones. Generally it's one of the most expensive places to live in the capital, with some of the best schools - QE Boys Grammer, Mill Hill school and a couple of others.

I lived in High Barnet for 10 years and know it pretty well. High Barnet is very exclusive, but 1/2 mile down the road is Underhill, a very down at heal place with massive social problem. This block of soon to be flats in on the A1000 Great North Road in Whetstone, about 200m from the tube and on a straight road into the city. Whetstone is a great place, some very, very classy streets and several nice restaurants.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2017 13:56]

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

The joys of housing deregulation - Burnley or Barnet? on 13:58 - Mar 28 with 1361 viewsLord_Lucan

The joys of housing deregulation - Burnley or Barnet? on 13:54 - Mar 28 by Vic

Well, that depends on which part of Barnet you're talking about of course! It's the biggest borough in London and has very, very nice areas. It also has some pretty terrible ones. Generally it's one of the most expensive places to live in the capital, with some of the best schools - QE Boys Grammer, Mill Hill school and a couple of others.

I lived in High Barnet for 10 years and know it pretty well. High Barnet is very exclusive, but 1/2 mile down the road is Underhill, a very down at heal place with massive social problem. This block of soon to be flats in on the A1000 Great North Road in Whetstone, about 200m from the tube and on a straight road into the city. Whetstone is a great place, some very, very classy streets and several nice restaurants.

Is it bigger than Hounslow?

RKD used to work in Barnet, I'll let him describe how he was chased through the kitchen by a mad customer.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

The joys of housing deregulation - Burnley or Barnet? on 13:58 - Mar 28 with 1362 viewsVic

The joys of housing deregulation - Burnley or Barnet? on 12:45 - Mar 28 by Lord_Lucan

Again, depends where they are. Went into many and they could be grim!

This particular development is old council offices so no one is being moved on or out.

I'll give you that Brian Coleman is a ....., well I'd better not say because he'd sue me for libel or slander of probably both!

The joys of housing deregulation - Burnley or Barnet? on 14:07 - Mar 28 with 1343 viewsNo9

& there is a tory MP who wants the house soze reduced in Cambridgeshire so they can get more on the plot Oh yes and of course, make more money

Housing in the UK has become a sick joke
The joys of housing deregulation - Burnley or Barnet? on 16:38 - Mar 28 with 1292 viewsVic

The joys of housing deregulation - Burnley or Barnet? on 13:58 - Mar 28 by Lord_Lucan

Is it bigger than Hounslow?

RKD used to work in Barnet, I'll let him describe how he was chased through the kitchen by a mad customer.

It's about twice as big as Hounslow! It takes in Edgeware, Hendon and Finchley all the way down to Hampstead.

The joys of housing deregulation - Burnley or Barnet? on 16:44 - Mar 28 with 1282 viewsVic

The joys of housing deregulation - Burnley or Barnet? on 12:50 - Mar 28 by RoyKeanesDog

It's the white trash that is the problem in that awful excuse of a community.

Indeed, it is overwhelmingly Caucasian or at least light skinned. Relatively few black African background people, but lots of Eastern Europeans, (Greeks, Turks, etc) ever before the rush of immigration of the last few years. The area I lived was a mass of languages - which was quite a shock for a country boy like me when I first got there.

The joys of housing deregulation - Burnley or Barnet? on 16:58 - Mar 28 with 1264 viewsLord_Lucan

The joys of housing deregulation - Burnley or Barnet? on 16:38 - Mar 28 by Vic

It's about twice as big as Hounslow! It takes in Edgeware, Hendon and Finchley all the way down to Hampstead.

Not as big as that but bigger than I thought

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_London_boroughs

The joys of housing deregulation - Burnley or Barnet? on 17:41 - Mar 28 with 1246 viewsRoyKeanesDog

The joys of housing deregulation - Burnley or Barnet? on 13:54 - Mar 28 by Vic

To be fair you are right, there are some parts which are brilliant. The girl I was seeing when I lived there had mega rich parents and she had the house the size of Kesgrave, on the same road as Cheryl Cole. Unfortunately she was a nutter.

I worked and lived above The Red Lion and my experience of Barnet is based on the scum that drank between our pub and what I think was called The Kings Head.

The joys of housing deregulation - Burnley or Barnet? on 23:05 - Mar 28 with 1191 viewsVic

The joys of housing deregulation - Burnley or Barnet? on 17:41 - Mar 28 by RoyKeanesDog

To be fair you are right, there are some parts which are brilliant. The girl I was seeing when I lived there had mega rich parents and she had the house the size of Kesgrave, on the same road as Cheryl Cole. Unfortunately she was a nutter.

I worked and lived above The Red Lion and my experience of Barnet is based on the scum that drank between our pub and what I think was called The Kings Head.

Not the most prestigious pub around there! Went through a couple of reincarnations in my time that way. I'm not a big drinker, but used to go out to Arkley or Totteridge - better class of punter there!

Did you gf from Camlet Way by any chance? That is one posh road! We used to play 'spot the celebrity' whenever we went along it!
[Post edited 28 Mar 2017 23:08]

The joys of housing deregulation - Burnley or Barnet? on 07:52 - Mar 29 with 1105 viewsRoyKeanesDog

The joys of housing deregulation - Burnley or Barnet? on 23:05 - Mar 28 by Vic

Not the most prestigious pub around there! Went through a couple of reincarnations in my time that way. I'm not a big drinker, but used to go out to Arkley or Totteridge - better class of punter there!

Did you gf from Camlet Way by any chance? That is one posh road! We used to play 'spot the celebrity' whenever we went along it!

I can't remember the name of the area at all to be honest.

I thought she was telling fibs when she spoke about the celebrities that lived near her until I saw her house!

The joys of housing deregulation - Burnley or Barnet? on 08:25 - Mar 29 with 1079 viewssolemio

The joys of housing deregulation - Burnley or Barnet? on 23:05 - Mar 28 by Vic

Totteridge used to be seriously posh. I once saw a bare-chested Roger Moore mowing his lawn there. A very muscular gentleman he was then -about 1964ish. Very polite too; wished us a good afternoon.

Mind you this was during his Saint days and pre-Bond. I expect he moved somewhere even posher when he became Bond.
The joys of housing deregulation - Burnley or Barnet? on 09:55 - Mar 29 with 1049 viewshampstead_blue

Why not?

If the apartments/studios were bigger they would cost more, thus forcing people to rent.

At least this gives someone a foot on the ladder.

Can't see the problem.

If you don't like it, live out of town and commute.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

The joys of housing deregulation - Burnley or Barnet? on 10:25 - Mar 29 with 1014 viewssolemio

The joys of housing deregulation - Burnley or Barnet? on 09:55 - Mar 29 by hampstead_blue

Why not?

If the apartments/studios were bigger they would cost more, thus forcing people to rent.

At least this gives someone a foot on the ladder.

Can't see the problem.

If you don't like it, live out of town and commute.

Yes, you could live in Radlett, St Albans or Harpenden. Such cheap housing in those out-of-town places.
The joys of housing deregulation - Burnley or Barnet? on 11:08 - Mar 29 with 971 viewshampstead_blue

The joys of housing deregulation - Burnley or Barnet? on 10:25 - Mar 29 by solemio

Yes, you could live in Radlett, St Albans or Harpenden. Such cheap housing in those out-of-town places.

Plenty of choices.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

The joys of housing deregulation - Burnley or Barnet? on 11:12 - Mar 29 with 961 viewschicoazul

The joys of housing deregulation - Burnley or Barnet? on 08:25 - Mar 29 by solemio

Totteridge used to be seriously posh. I once saw a bare-chested Roger Moore mowing his lawn there. A very muscular gentleman he was then -about 1964ish. Very polite too; wished us a good afternoon.

Mind you this was during his Saint days and pre-Bond. I expect he moved somewhere even posher when he became Bond.

I did hear a weird rumour that he lived in Wickham Bishops for a while.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The joys of housing deregulation - Burnley or Barnet? on 11:13 - Mar 29 with 961 viewsgiant_stow

The joys of housing deregulation - Burnley or Barnet? on 10:25 - Mar 29 by solemio

Or go further in to Edmonton?

Personally, i don't see the issue with these places, despite feeling that the housing market is very poorly in general and designed to screw the young.

At least these will be relatively cheap and who knows: if they're that bad, maybe they'll have to drop the price even more. Much better than so-called affordable housing starting at £500 grand.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024